Posted 06 November 2006 - 08:07 PM
Dear brothers and sisters,
As you well know I posted something on deliverance earlier and I am sure that you have some valid questions on how demons operate, on how they came to be, what the symptoms are if you have one and what you can do about it. This same deliverance minister I mentioned earlier, Mike Smith, sent me an email answering some of those questions based on his knowledge and experience in the field. What you are about to read in very insightful and it is truly a wake up calll for all of us. If you are squeemish or if you have already made up your mind that you don't believe all this hocus pocus stuff, then don't bother reading any further. But on the other hand, if you are a seeker of the truth and you are not affraid of the truth and you want to educate yourself and want healing and deliverance for yourself, then read on. May the Holy Spirit open your eyes and ears to hear. Here goes:
Hi Friends. I have received many emails with questions regarding demons. I will share a little of what I have learned with this thought: I am a learner like most folks and I certainly don't have all the answers.
1. Where do demons come from? No one knows. The Book of Enoch says they are the spirits of the ancient civilizations of giants who lived before the flood of Noah who died and did not go to hell (goliath, etc.). King David killed the last batch of the giants off. Some think demons are fallen angles. This is probably incorrect. The Greek words for each are different and have very different meanings.
2. What are they? Disembodied spirits. Humans are embodied spirits.
3. What do they do? Serve Satan's kingdom with violence, anger, supernatural powers, nightmares, hate, horror, illnesses, sicknesses, war, religions, church denominations, perversions and every imaginable evil, literally, under the sun.
4. Can a Christian have a demon? Yes and No. No, a Christian cannot have a demon in their spirit. The spirit is born again and the Holy Ghost lives there. They can, however, have a demon in their mind or body. When someone gets saved, the spirit is born again but the mind and body are not. That comes later, if we remain faithful.
5. How do Christians get demons? Two main ways: Carryover and Backsliding. 1. If a person has a demon before they get saved they carry the demons into their Christian life in the same way a person who is sick carries their illness into their Christian life. Just because someone gets saved does not mean they automatically get healed. Hopefully, they get healed later. The same is true of demons. Simon the Sorcerer in Acts 8 is a text book example of carryover. 2. Backsliding is the most frequent way! The gospel in America and Europe is so watered down that 90% of all Christians backslide. For example, Billy Graham loses over 80% of his new converts to backsliding within 6 months after the crusade. He admitted it was 90% in a TV interview but their follow up research is closer to 85%. Luis Palau generates about the same ratios. When someone backslides they end up worse than they were before they were saved. They go back to drugs, sex, rock & roll and their old sinful life, etc. When they deliberately turn their back on God and deliberately sin, the evil spirits then have a field day!
6. How the heck does it happen? Demons can live IN the minds and bodies of humans and animals. Their highway to inhabitation in humans is sin. Demons feed off sin like maggots feed on rotten meat in a trash can. The more and worse the sin the more and worse and powerful the evil spirits. IE: You asked for it, you got it!
7. Can you be fully demon possessed? Yes, but it's rare. These people are few and far between and usually live in solitary confinement in prisons or mental institutions in rooms or cells where they cannot hurt themselves or commit suicide. You will probably never see such a case.
8. Can demons cause mental and physical illness? Yes, it's routine. Not all problems are caused by demons, however. If you go overboard you will see them in everything and end up driving yourself nuts. Many people have a physical illness caused by a demon and they use James 5 and are not healed. That's because the illness is not a medical condition. They recover instantaneously or gradually after the putrid spirit is cast out. Jesus taught this in the NT. Some people got healed from casting out demons and some were healed with no mention of demons. Remember, all sickness is caused directly or indirectly by humans or Satan, not by God. Some illnesses are caused only by a medical condition. The destroyer wants to crush you. The Son of God: He wants to help you! Discernment is required here. Be careful.
9. Do Deliverance ministries help? Yes, but not often. If you go to a deliverance service you will see many manifestations but little healing. I have never seen or met a deliverance minister who did not themselves have demons. The most famous exorcist in America lives in Arizona and he is loaded with them. Few victims are actually delivered at these services because most of their ministry time is spent on soul ties, talking to spirits, generational issues and sinful antiquities. The few who are delivered are frequently repossessed. The Lord taught me to approach it differently. I spend most of my time on the individual sin of the person who needs to be healed and only a little time on the generational issues. When you find someone who will take responsibility for their sin, stop blaming everyone and everything else for their problems and who is desperate to be healed, you will see 100% deliverance. If not, good luck!
10. How did Christianity get in this boat? Two Reasons: 1: Sin. In the 30s, 40s, 50s few Christians had demons. With the breakdown of the American and European societies and the prolific spread of intense sin, evil spirits are raping the nations in hoards with tidal waves and tsunamis of destruction. Is it bad now? You ain't seen nothin' yet. Did you read the end of Revelation? It's inconceivably unbelievable. The most powerful demons in existence are not even loose yet!
2: Churches: The abominable and pathetic spiritual condition of churches in Europe, America and Canada have allowed our societies to decay into moral oblivion and demonic domination. The churches moved the Holy Ghost out and moved in theology, rituals, debates, opinions, powerless intellectualized teaching, clothing disputes, social services, entertainment, recreation, fun music, prosperity, pedophilia, sexual perversions, the love and adoration of money, egomaniacal millionaire ministers and every other insipid, idiotic, indecent evil. The church replaced Holy Ghost preachers with divinity school graduates, Bible college degrees, doctoral teachers and seminar expositors. The NT church was based on one thing: The Holy Ghost had the preeminence! Our churches talk about Him but are built on everything but Him. The result: A sinking Satanic society that is imploding. The weakest Christians in the world live in the U.S., Europe, Great Britain and Canada as a result of seeker friendly doctrines, gutless pastors, cowardly churches and mindless ministers. There are almost no churches helping people with demons. Ministers are scared, the people are confused and they simply leave them to suffer on their own. Do they ever suffer; mentally, emotionally and spiritually. I get angry when I see the devil butchering people.
11. How do I tell if I or someone else has picked up demons? You will have symptoms just like you have symptoms of a medical or mental condition diagnosed by a doctor. Things like spooky physical illnesses with multiple conflicting diagnosis', weird personality disorders that never leave, long term nightmares & depression, chronic addictions (food, drugs, medications, sex, etc.), uncontrolled period or rage, lust and cursing, dysfunctional families who gradually worsen, unabated pride, frequent phobias & stress states, spiritual indifference, carnal Christianity, inability to love or receive love, constant conflict, no compassion for the lost and self absorbed self righteousness, to name a few.
12. Can I have many demons? Sure. Hitler, Stalin, Saddam, etc. were loaded to the gills with them. Most of the time you will be dealing with a person with only a few. In my experience I run into 3 main types: unclean, seducing and familiar spirits. In my experience they enter people the quickest thru the Occult, Mind altering Drugs, Religion (Christian cults) and perverted sex (orgies, twosomes, pedophilia, bisexuality, homosexuality, sex clubs, wife swapping, serial adultery, pornography.......).
13. What do demons fear most? The Holy Ghost, The Blood, The Name of Jesus and a person who will repent from their sin with a broken heart.
14. Can I get rid of demons thru counseling, reading the Bible occasionally, routinely attending church, psychotherapy, medication, religious programs, positive thinking, religious rituals, shock treatment, tazers, hypnosis, meditation, exercise, etc. NO! Once you get them they never leave until you are dead.
15. Why are demons dangerous? They have supernatural powers of destruction and their greatest skill is DECEPTION. They cannot be diagnosed by the psychiatric or medical professions. Demons teach that Christians cannot have them. They are highly motivated, brilliant, manipulative and merciless. I have relatives who have demons who attend church every week and are totally deceived about their existence. I asked the Lord one day why the stronger demons resist or fight coming out of their victims. I had a strange thought come into my mind: I had the sense that if a demon loses a victim they face some kind of punishment in the spirit world from Satan and that the devil not only rules humanity with fierce brutality, but he also rules his spiritual kingdom with intimidation, violence, rage and fury, even to his own subjects.
16. Is there hope for me? YES! See #13. I have 10 more pages of information on this subject but I will stop here. I apologize if I said too much. Many of you and others off my radio program have called for prayer. I am working my way to you and we will soon join our faith and our hope together to believe The Great Physician for a miracle in your life. We are looking to Jesus. Love to you all with thanks for your prayers. Mike
God bless and take care.