136 replies to this topic

#136 Dorri

Dorri

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:23 AM

Father God, what has crawled into the hearts of  people that such tragic events now occur? I pray for all of those involved in the Baptist Church shooting, asking, that they will be comforted in the loss of their loved ones,.  I pray for the survivors, the wounded, that healing and forgiveness will eventually come.   I weep for their losses and their families.;  May they draw close to you in this time of sorrow and gather strength to go on.   I pray for the people  of the town and surrounding communities, and for the entire country, for protection and for Your Hand to thwart all evil plans set against good innocent people,  May they find peace and renewed hope in the days to come,  In Jesus Name I ask, Amen

#137 dawna

dawna

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,482 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:38 PM

Father God, what has crawled into the hearts of  people that such tragic events now occur? I pray for all of those involved in the Baptist Church shooting, asking, that they will be comforted in the loss of their loved ones,.  I pray for the survivors, the wounded, that healing and forgiveness will eventually come.   I weep for their losses and their families.;  May they draw close to you in this time of sorrow and gather strength to go on.   I pray for the people  of the town and surrounding communities, and for the entire country, for protection and for Your Hand to thwart all evil plans set against good innocent people,  May they find peace and renewed hope in the days to come,  In Jesus Name I ask, Amen

Father, I stand in agreement with this prayer.  These tragedies are just unfathomable.  Seems every time we turn on the tv, or the radio, atrocities such as these are on the news.  Why?  Father, only You know the answer to this.  We pray for a new beginning.  We pray that those that are contemplating such acts will turn from them and seek help.  We pray that anyone privy to knowledge of these acts will speak up and not be afraid to do so.  

We pray for all the victims of these acts, their families and their friends.  Give them the strength and the coping mechanisms to go on.  May they look to You because You are our greatest Healer.  All glory is Yours.  We praise and thank You.  In Jesus's loving, healing name, amen.