9 replies to this topic

#1 donnalh333

donnalh333

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:59 PM

Please pray for me that I will obtain a higher opinion of myself. I really think I look horrible, however, I am not overweight. I have had these low opinions of my appearance my whole life. I would like to change this now. Please pray for me. In Christ. Donna

#2 5402Wilson

5402Wilson

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,065 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:03 PM

Father, be with Donna. Help her to see herself with Your eyes. Let her to see more than just the outside, but the inside. Give her a new set of eyes to look at her self. Help her to see that she is created in Your image. Let her see that image instead of the image she sees. Be with her and help her to grow in You and let that help her to shape her own self image. Reminder her of her worth to You. AMEN

#3 inHissteps

inHissteps

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:49 AM

Please pray for me that I will obtain a higher opinion of myself. I really think I look horrible, however, I am not overweight. I have had these low opinions of my appearance my whole life. I would like to change this now.

Please pray for me.

In Christ.

Donna

Donna,
I've been where you are Donna. Your low opinions came from those around you. You took what they said as truth and their opinions of have affected you your whole life. It's the same with someone who is a bully. Their self esteem is so low that they bully others because they themselves are hurting and why hurt alone when someone else's life can be miserable too? It's the sin nature.

What is so amazingly wonderful is that God knows you through and through and He not ONCE saw you that way.

So I would say, repent! Change the way you think.
And to be brutally honest, those low opinions you have of yourself have no place in your life any longer because you are a whole NEW person in Christ. That old person with those low opinions have died with Jesus on the cross and you never knew it. IBesides, it's not the outer appearance that counts it's what is inside. I bet when people look at you, they see Jesus, because He's written in your heart and what comes out of your heart is who we are. Jesus lives in you, Jesus lives through you. You are a reflection of His image! How beautiful is that!!!!
Begin to look at your self through God's eyes. Look in the mirror at yourself and begin to say to yourself (look in your own eyes), I am accepted in the beloved. I am beautiful in my Father's sight because he has fearfully and wonderfully made me. He has created me in HIS image and He sees me beautiful. I'm amazing because God created me. Each member He wrote in a book. He weaved me in my mother's womb. He knows me through and through and His thoughts of me are higher than I could ever think. I'm beautiful in His sight. My opinions of myself don't even count because I died with Christ, I am His now. I live and move and have my being through Him, in Him and with Him. Every breath I take and every beat of my heart comes from Him. How beautiful is that! God,thank you for making me beautiful in your sight because it is how you see me that counts! Papa, thank you for making me beautiful.

Papa God,
How often our own low opinons of ourselves affect so much of our lives, but praise be to YOU, Holy God that how we view ourselves is never how you view us. when you look at me you see Jesus. Glorious, holy, redeemed, justified, righteous! Thank you for Donna's life and how you created her to be. She is indeed beautiful in your sight...and when she begins to look at herself through your eyes, she will see how beautiful she is because she is indeed in Christ. In Jesus name..amen

#4 irely2

irely2

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:01 AM

Please pray for me that I will obtain a higher opinion of myself. I really think I look horrible, however, I am not overweight. I have had these low opinions of my appearance my whole life. I would like to change this now.

Please pray for me.

In Christ.

Donna

Donna, I too, had a problem with the way I saw myself. I went through a very stressful time years ago, and my thyroid messed up and my hair started falling out. It got to be very thin, and that's all I could think about. I felt like if I didn't have hair then I wasn't a whole person. Part of "me" was missing. Praise the Lord, my thryoid is fine now, no medication, and my hair dresser says my hair is getting thicker and thicker. I was at a conference in Virginia and heard teaching about righteouesness and where our identity comes from. That night in the motel, I looked in the mirror as I was taking my makeup off, and this thought popped in my head. "My hair is not what identifies me as a person. That is not what defines who I am. My identity is found in Christ." I was so excited. When you look in the mirror, see that image that is created in Christ. The body is like a spacesuit to an astronaut. Who we really are is inside, where the Spirit of Christ dwells in our spirit. Our spirit is joined to the Lord, and we are one Spirit with Him. That's who we really are. Next time you look in the mirror, see that image of God's glory.
Father, I thank you for the life of Christ that dwells in donna in the Person of Holy Spirit. Help her to see that the real her is Christ in her, the hope of glory. "Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you." Is. 60:1
Isa 53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. (look up the definitions of these words...e-sword is a fantastic bible software. It has the strong's concordance on it).
Jesus knew who He was, and His outward appearance didn't bother Him. Follow His example. We all should follow His example.

#5 Nessa

Nessa

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,110 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:01 AM

Lord lift Donna's opinion of herself. Help her to remember she is Your Child. Bring her peace about her appearance. In Jesus Name. Amen

#6 inHissteps

inHissteps

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:04 AM

Please pray for me.

In Christ.

Donna

Beloved of God,
I have a word for you. As I was walking on my treadmill and reading Romans 8:2 my eyes went to Romans 8:1...there is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit. The Lord brought you to my remembrance and as I was praying for you, I believe God wants you to know and recognize that the low self esteem you have of yourself is really condemnation.
Here is the good news for you, halleluYah:
Romand 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set YOU free from the law of sin and death.

You are no longer under the law of sin and death, for the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus is now yours. The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus (being the Way (death) the Truth (burial) and the Life (Resurrection)) has truly set you free from the law of sin and death. That law includes condemnation that comes from the devil.
Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. (You should not be led by your flesh and the thoughts that flesh conjures up)
Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. (You have set your mind on things above...and you do mind the things of the Spirit).
Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
For the kingdom of God is righteousness, and peace and joy in the Holy Ghost.

so cast this care you have about your looks upon the Lord, take His yoke upon you and the image of His Son and walk in what is rightfully yours, all that Jesus has done for you is yours NOW. Now unto him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think ACCORDING TO THE POWER THAT WORKETH IN US...

Scripture says that Jesus was not beautiful to look at and no one took notice of him to say, wow, he's a good looking guy, but he was just average, nothing spectacular about Him. What people noticed about Jesus was his authority and the glory (goodness) of God and that's what we should desire people see in us because we are in Christ. There is a guy with no arms and legs and God is using him mightily and he is a beautiful speciman of God's amazing grace and love! You are a beautiful speciman of God's amazing grace and love so please let go of what is not yours anyways (your opinon) and just shine brightly for Jesus! Jesus Christ, your only hope of glory! Arise! shine! for the glory of the Lord has risen upon you! HalleluYah!

#7 donnalh333

donnalh333

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:38 AM

Thank you Saints. I will be meditating on your replies today.. God Bless You All. Donna

#8 Friend of peace

Friend of peace

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,958 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:50 AM

God, I pray for Donna that You will cause her to love and accept herself like You do. You made her just the way that she is and she is beautiful in Your sight. Let her feel no more condemnation. Let her know and embrace the truth. In Jesus' name, amen.

#9 kath

kath

"He who believes in him will not be put to shame."

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:25 AM

Please pray for me.

In Christ.

Donna

Dear Donna you are not what others says about you or even you see yourself. You are make in God image. You are beautiful and wonderful make. You are call to be conqueror, not only conqueror but more than a conqueror. This is his words to you and me. If God love you so much don't you think that you should also love yourself. Our God is God of Peace, resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Dear Father God, In Jesus Name i lift up Donna unto your merciful hand. Father i pray that you will strengthen Donna inner man and fill her with the Holy Spirit. Father fill her once again will peace, joy and hope. Father grant her new revelation and strength to move forward with you. Father surround her with kind helpful godly people to help her. In Jesus Name i pray. Amen.

Donna, do not worry, you are beautiful make. We love you. Take care my friend.

#10 AngelFive

AngelFive

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:43 AM

Dear Lord, Asking that you show Donna how beautiful she is. How you created her to be a unique light and that she has the God given power to accept, and receive the gift of beauty you gave every child. Praying Father that you give Donna the same knowledge and gift you gave me to reclaim her inner wisdom, power and VOICE, to claim the Beauty within her...so that shines outwardly for the blessing to be bestowed upon all who see her. Praying Father, that she receive sight, that everytime she look in the mirror, into her own eyes, that she sees you , your beautiful spirit living within her very being. I pray for her LIGHT to shine so brightly that people stop in their paths to get a second look. May her BEAUTY become a witness for you, LORD. Praying LORD that you give her the tools and the resources to regain her confidence, that you send the right teachers and people into her life, to bless and heal her in this area and every area that needs attention. Praying All Donna's requests be fullfilled and that your WILL be done. I ask this in JESUS name, AMEN.