7 replies to this topic

#1 latinking

latinking

PrayWay Member

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:21 PM

Im going to try to make this brief, but about 4 years ago or so i started to drink alcohol, i never before in my life till then. For about 2 years or so i drank almost everyday and it was from beer to hard liquor and it got really crazy to the point that sometimes i didnt know how i got home. Well anyways i got a little sick and had gallbladder problems etc I reconciled with God and got healed and persevered in my dads church and played drums. After almost a year of not drinking, i started hanging out again with the wrong crowd. I picked up my drinking habit and again it started with just a couple beers,i soon found myself drinking rum,vodka and wine. Today i had some family problems wich made me go to the liquor store and buy some rum mixed with a drink, but i couldnt finish it all i felt naseaus, but i was walked home i felt so saddened to see my self drinking again, especially by myself on the bus, in the mall....i felt so alone. I do not want to fall back in that dark hole i was in a few years ago...its depressing, i dont want to throw my life away like that, i need help, i need prayer. I told myself i wouldnt drink today but problems led me into getting liquor and i know it wont solve anything. Please pray for me. :(

#2 inHissteps

inHissteps

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:42 AM

Please see my post under your other prayer request (marriage and family)

#3 Mike4Hope

Mike4Hope

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:40 AM

There IS hope for you. Please respond to my PM. Mike4Hope

#4 bounty

bounty

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:15 AM

There is hope if you realize you are an alcoholic and you need to build a life without alcohol. You can definitely do it, but nobody else can do it except you.

#5 5402Wilson

5402Wilson

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,065 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:06 AM

Father, Thank-You for helping latinking with his drinking. You have saved him from it before. You made it feel bad today. Continue to do it. Continue to block his path when he wants a drink. Put people and events in his life that will keep him from doing it. Watch over latinking footsteps. Help him to leave any friends that are not building him up. Help him to only have friends that will help him. That will lift him up. That will encourage him in his walk with You. If he doesn't have any of these friends now I ask that You would bring them into his life. Help him to be open to those that You bring to him and to turn his back on the friendships that are harmful to him. AMEN

#6 AngelFive

AngelFive

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:34 AM

Im going to try to make this brief, but about 4 years ago or so i started to drink alcohol, i never before in my life till then. For about 2 years or so i drank almost everyday and it was from beer to hard liquor and it got really crazy to the point that sometimes i didnt know how i got home. Well anyways i got a little sick and had gallbladder problems etc
I reconciled with God and got healed and persevered in my dads church and played drums.
After almost a year of not drinking, i started hanging out again with the wrong crowd. I picked up my drinking habit and again it started with just a couple beers,i soon found myself drinking rum,vodka and wine. Today i had some family problems wich made me go to the liquor store and buy some rum mixed with a drink, but i couldnt finish it all i felt naseaus, but i was walked home i felt so saddened to see my self drinking again, especially by myself on the bus, in the mall....i felt so alone. I do not want to fall back in that dark hole i was in a few years ago...its depressing, i dont want to throw my life away like that, i need help, i need prayer. I told myself i wouldnt drink today but problems led me into getting liquor and i know it wont solve anything. Please pray for me. :(

Dear Lord,

I pray today that you meet this request for relief. I pray that the true emotional wound be revealed so that healing can take place. I pray for loving, caring, genuine friends to show up with open arms and unconditional love. I pray for the need to serve others, flood this heart. I pray that the upcoming days be filled with JOY, and grattitude and generosity. I pray most of all Lord for this childs perfect HEALTH. I ask this in JESUS name, AMEN

(((HUGGS)))

#7 Delores S

Delores S

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:25 PM

Father God, thank You for the life of Latinking. Saviour Divine, help Your child, Latinking to hold on to You in faith and belief. Provide strength and wisdom to keep him/her firm and unshakeable in the desire to give up this drinking situation. Father, we ask that prayers cover Latinking and the Blood of Jesus forms a protection coating over him/her. This we ask in Jesus' name. Amen and amen.

Im going to try to make this brief, but about 4 years ago or so i started to drink alcohol, i never before in my life till then. For about 2 years or so i drank almost everyday and it was from beer to hard liquor and it got really crazy to the point that sometimes i didnt know how i got home. Well anyways i got a little sick and had gallbladder problems etc
I reconciled with God and got healed and persevered in my dads church and played drums.
After almost a year of not drinking, i started hanging out again with the wrong crowd. I picked up my drinking habit and again it started with just a couple beers,i soon found myself drinking rum,vodka and wine. Today i had some family problems wich made me go to the liquor store and buy some rum mixed with a drink, but i couldnt finish it all i felt naseaus, but i was walked home i felt so saddened to see my self drinking again, especially by myself on the bus, in the mall....i felt so alone. I do not want to fall back in that dark hole i was in a few years ago...its depressing, i dont want to throw my life away like that, i need help, i need prayer. I told myself i wouldnt drink today but problems led me into getting liquor and i know it wont solve anything. Please pray for me. :(

#8 Angelika

Angelika

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:27 AM

I hope that you don't mind some suggestions and it's up to you what you want to do, ok?

You know what you could do, drop the drinking crowd again, cause they have nothing good to offer you anyway, and you could go and hang out with some Christian guys your age if you want to get away from the old crowd. Also you could find someone to call to talk you out of drinking everytime you feel the urge to, and also you could go and find yourself a good deliverance minister to get you set free from the demonic entities that are tormenting you. In the meantime, you could ask yourself what's lacking in your life and then turn it over to the Lord to make the changes in your life that will benefit you.

So there ya go, there's my two cents worth, lol.