124 replies to this topic

#16 msharika

msharika

Advanced Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:21 PM

God, thank for reply Aleona's request , i pray for them to be engaged. in Jesus name i pray. amen

#17 Aleona13

Aleona13

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 05:52 AM

Oh no! In November things went so well between me and Ashraf. The Lord turned his attitude to me completely - he became so attentive and caring. But at the same time my trials got harder. I lost my job, my visa got expired and now there is no way to extend it and no way to find a new work without visa. So I have to leave the country. Besides being swayed by emotions and fears, I asked Ashraf a stupid question and offended him so much! I sent him an e-mail to apologize and sent a big present to his office, but he is still upset with me. Now I have no money, no work, no home, no visa, but all I can think of is that I disappointed Ashraf again. I feel so bad about myself that I can't sleep at nights. I go to the church every day to pray about this situation and beg the Lord to help me make it up with Ashraf, but he still seems to be upset...

:( Dear friends, please pray for us. I have to leave Egypt after tomorrow, but I can't leave with a heavy heart like this - I need to see my darling before I go...

#18 Mike4Hope

Mike4Hope

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:28 AM

Aleona: I have joined your prayers many times; so please know that I stand with you now dear one. I had a reminder when I read your post..............maybe the reminder was for me (for sure) or maybe it was for you and others too (I don't know, but it won't leave me so here goes) The reminder was a sermon I heard entitled "Painting Egypt". It was about the Israelites trials during their 40 years in the desert as led by Moses to their "promised land". (an 11 day journey if taken directly.......can read more in Exodus) In their twisted logic, the people were lamenting about being out of Egypt (painting images) even when the truth was they were slaves of oppression their entire time in Egypt. (as they struggled for water, food, idol worship, their faith and Moses leadership they thought they were worse off) But God took them around the mountain (repeatedly) to grow their faith and that is why a whole generation missed the promise God wanted to give them all along. The punch lines I remember was " am I painting Egypt?" .............. "am I worshipping my prayer instead of the One who can deliver my prayer?" (Yes, I was ;) ) My conclusion (over years of excrutiating faith building waiting) is I must trust God, though He (my life / my wait for the desires of my heart) slay me. Yes, I must be willing to die to all (gulp) .......... none of it was ever about me anyway. Some admire my faith, but it is a gift; and a result of much pain. Further, it is a surrender. A surrender to His ways, His timing, His will and plan ........... whether it benefits me or not...........whether I like it or not..........complete surrender though He slay me. It looks like, at best, it is not the time to be with Ashraf...........at worst, He is not God's best plan for you. (I don't know and it is none of my business ...... and yes, I wish you were reporting your engagement because your happy ending would give me hope for my happy ending) I have been ripped away from loves and it hurts. (as you know my story of me and Hope) But we are called not to paint Egypt; and to not worship our prayers; and to trust .... though it kills us (or feels like it). The bible even says we serve a jealous God. He wants to be all to us before He gives us all the rest. (I am working on it) I know one thing about men.............if you are the one for Ashraf........He will never forget you. And if it is God's plan ........ there are no oceans, mountains, or governments that can stop the plans He has for you, not to harm you, but to prosper you; to give you a future and a hope. Abba Father: I pray I can remember these things tomorrow and the next day. I pray that if there is anyone else reading this that You want this spoken to, may Your will be done.....and may You add Your words and impressions. Please comfort and provide for Aleona during this time. In Jesus name I pray, Amen

#19 Aleona13

Aleona13

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:40 AM

Dear Mike, thank you so much for your sincere post. You are right, we need to trust the Lord and go the way He leads us no matter how hard this way seems to be. God put in my heart some time before I lost my job that I needed to go to my country and do some things there. I know the next two months will be hard for me, but I have to go through it...

Since I lost my job I have been coming to the church every single day.
God heard my prayers - praise and glory to Him! Yesterday Ashraf called me and we had a very sincere conversation. He tried to comfort me, promised that we would keep in touch while I'm abroad. I have no words to express my gratitude to the Lord! He has really turned my darling's heart! He became so tender and caring, now he shares with me his secrets and plans again, I cannot thank the Lord enough for this miracle!

Thanks to all my brothers and sisters here, who keep praying for us. May God bless you abundantly. Please support us with your prayers in these difficult days.

#20 TDiamondLove

TDiamondLove

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:59 AM

I am so happy to hear that things are going much better than they were. Praise God always through the good and the bad. He always gives us the best. Your hope and faith are really inspirational to me. God will surely bless you just because of the hope you have given others. So many people are so wrapped up in their own problems that they forget to give someone else encouragement or give God the thanks. You are not one of them. God bless you for that. I will surely keep praying for you and I hope to hear news of your engagement soon. Hopefully I can share the same news with you and the rest of PrayWay soon also. God bless you!!! Keep the faith!!

#21 Mike4Hope

Mike4Hope

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:29 PM

We try not to forget our brothers and sisters here. Please give us an update. Hugs,

#22 Aleona13

Aleona13

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:00 AM

Thank you for your care, Mike! The Lord is working in my life, praise Him! I have to stay in Russia for now. Due to my circumstances several months ago I had to give up on my education, but now God gave me an opportunity to return to my university and catch up with my schedule there.
God is working in Ashraf’s life as well. The reason of the most of our problems was that Ashraf always was too busy with his work and simply had no time to spend with me. I used to argue with him about it, but then I finally humbled myself and gave this issue to the Lord. I stopped complaining to Ashraf, but instead, I started to thank him for every moment he spends with me, for every small sign of attention. When some time later Ashraf told me that he thought to change his work, I couldn’t believe – he loved his work so much and he was so proud of it. But two days ago he told me he was seriously looking for a new job. I know it’s a hard time for him, I with to be closer now to support and encourage him…
So I have 3 prayer requests now: that Ashraf will find a good job that he wants, that I will finish my exams successfully and come back to Egypt, and that these trials we both are facing now will make us closer to each other. Thank you all for your support! Your prayers and encouraging words are so precious to me!

#23 Mike4Hope

Mike4Hope

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 08:20 AM

Abba Father: We lift up Ashraf and Aleona to Your best plans for their lives. We ask that You are in Ashraf's job search. We ask that You guide Aleona in her studies and exams. We ask that You make a path for these two to be together in a relationship honoring You. In Jesus name, Amen

#24 TDiamondLove

TDiamondLove

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:14 AM

Father I ask that You work in the lives of these two people. May Your will be done in their relationship, their jobs and studies. Lord I ask that this relationship will glorify You and Your name and that by Your grace they are able to walk down the aisle and vow their love to each other before You and man. Thank You for always hearing and answering our prayers. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

#25 Aleona13

Aleona13

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 12:22 PM

I have a difficult time now - many problems in the university, no job, no money, no news from Ashraf... But praise God! He supports me and doesn't let me lose faith.

Today I heard from a Christian friend in Egypt. He astonished me with news that St Mary had appeared in some church in Cairo a week ago. He even gave me the link to the videos taken by those who were there.

And I remembered that Father in the church told us about some priest in Cairo who can cast the demons out of people. By chance I found those videos. It's scary to see, I was shocked and couldn't watch to the end...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFVDNWaR0WY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5twCeUOhJ5Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxA1BhAGV3k

But praise God! I believe He showed me these things today to help me increase my faith. We read about amazing miracles that Jesus and His followers were doing two thousand years ago... But look around! The same miracle happen today!

Dear brothers and sisters, please keep praying for me and Ashraf. I believe that our prayers have unlimitted power and I believe that he will change, that he will learn to love me the same way I love him and that we will get maried some day... And I will mention all of you in my prayers, too!

#26 Aleona13

Aleona13

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 11:33 AM

ASHRAF NEEDS OUR PRAYERS!

He faces some trials in his life... he has no job, he stays with his family in Cairo now, but he can't find any good job for him back to Sharm El Sheikh. He doesn't sound happy at all, and my heart is aching for him. I called him just to say Merry Christmas, but he was cold with me and said things to hurt me intentionally. I've been praying hard for months for his salvation and I've started to see the "good fruit" of our prayers, but I'm afraid this situation can turn him backwards...

I believe that our prayers can keep him away from any evil, break the cords of sin and bring him out of darknes into the light of our Lord Jesus Christ. I gave a promise to God that I will never leave him, no matter how hard it gets with him sometimes. But what can I do to deserve his salvation.. or even my own? It's a free gift that the Lord grants to those He chooses. So I just humbly beg Him for mercy. He is our Loving Father and He doesn't want any of His lost sheep to perish. I will do anything, but I will not let the devil to drag my darling back to the ways I've prayed so long to get him out from...

Please pray for Ashraf, that he will find a good job soon, so that he will start to seek the Lord in is life, that he will not push me away again, but start to appreciate our relationship more...

#27 jenn0711

jenn0711

PrayWay Member

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 02:25 PM

Wow, that is wonderful. Thank you Father. It pays to have Faith, I know how hard it can be, I am holding on to my lost love as well. But even when I think it is impossible and have a bad day, our Father finds a way to life me up. I glorify your holy name Father. Thank you for bringing these two as one again. Great news on the relationship.. I hope you receive all the desires of your heart. In Jesus name. Amen

#28 Aleona13

Aleona13

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:55 AM

I came to this country to do certain things here, first of all, to solve problems in the university. But I am so depressed and lazy. Just can't force myself to do anything. The sooner I do the things that I have to do, the sooner I can return to Egypt... to Ashraf... But I can't fight this laziness. I pray God to help me get rid of this fault every day, but I look ahead at the unsolved problems and feel so unconfident, feel like I will never manage... Please pray for me so that I can fight this weakness...

#29 TDiamondLove

TDiamondLove

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 04:15 AM

Father, I pray that You guide the steps of Aleona and motivate her day to day in her daily life. May she glorify You in everything that she does. Lift up her spirits oh Lord. In Jesus name I pray, Amen

#30 Rajan Philip

Rajan Philip

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:46 AM

Praise and Glory to our Lord! Sincere thanks to everyone, who has been praying for me and Ashraf. May God bless all of you and grant you the desires of your hearts!

It took me a year of desperate prayers, fasting and tears, nights over my Bible and hard work on myself to restore our relationship that seemed completely hopeless. Now I cannot thank the Lord enough for this miracle! Now our relationship with Ashraf is like it was in the very beginning: he sends me touching messages, we chat and laugh on the phone, and every time I see him, I blush and get so dizzy – just like high school romance :-)

Ashraf is so wonderful, he has everything I ever dreamt to find in a man – he's extremely handsome, very polite, respectful and well-educated, and he had a kind heart. It's amazing, but I feel like we are one person divided into two halves – we have the same interest and same friends, we work in the same field and we even like the same food. I feel so happy and comfortable with him, and I would give everything and do anything to be with him always.

But every time it comes to a serious commitment, Ashraf gets scared and pushes me away from him. I am not to judge him, probably he has a reason to do so, maybe he had some bad experience in the past or something… But it really hurts me. I want so much to have a family – husband and children.

My dearest friends, please pray that soon we will finally get engaged! :rolleyes:

[Aleona in Jesus, pray!
O Immaculata, Queen of Heaven and earth, refuge of sinners and our most loving Mother, God has willed to entrust the entire order of mercy to you. I, (name), a repentant sinner, cast myself at your feet, humbly imploring you to take me with all that I am and have, wholly to yourself as your possession and property. Please make of me, of all my powers of soul and body, of my whole life, death and eternity, whatever most pleases you.
If it pleases you, use all that I am and have without reserve, wholly to accomplish what was said of you: "She will crush your head," and "You alone have destroyed all heresies in the whole world." Let me be a fit instrument in your immaculate and merciful hands for introducing and increasing your glory to the maximum in all the many strayed and indifferent souls, and thus help extend as far as possible the blessed kingdom of the most Sacred Heart of Jesus. For wherever you enter you obtain the grace of conversion and growth in holiness, since it is through your hands that all graces come to us from the most Sacred Heart of Jesus.
Allow me to praise you, O Sacred Virgin
Give me strength against your enemies
Amen]