6 replies to this topic

#1 jules

jules

Prayer Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:43 AM

I have been searching for some time for a way to express my fatih to my family. I was raised under a religion I no longer feel comfortable with or want to bring my children up in. I have found several Chrisitan based churches that I am interested in as well as a tv ministry that really offers wonderful messages that I find positive and uplifting. I feel almost afraid to tell my parents and sister of my change. ( I know it sounds silly as I am a married woman with 2 teenage sons!!) I have tried to bring up the messages that I am learning and am quickly looked at like I have lost my mind since I do not attend church under the denomonation I was raised. My youngest son and I talk about faith quite a bit. I tell him how important treating people in a god loving way is. We pray often and he prays on his own as well. I have noticed that he has been writting Jesus on special sporting goods items of his that he wears to practice. I have asked him if he would be interested in attending the church of a different faith that Christian friends of mine have reccomended and he is very willing to go. My husbasnd was raised in the same faith as I . He does not want to attend church nor does my older son. Not because they do not believe but I feel it is because of the bad experiences they have had with our former church and faith. I am praying and looking for some guidance. I feel such a hole in my heart that I know can be filled by my entire family supporting a change in faith.

#2 trace23

trace23

Advanced Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 11:38 AM

Lord Heavenly Father I pray that you will fill Jules with the Holy Spirit and give her the wisdom to spread your faith to her family. Lord I pray that they will come together as a family under the one faith and pray together. Lord Jesus please send your angels to protect this family. Lord hear my prayer. Amen

#3 charityanne

charityanne

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,857 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 12:40 PM

Heavenly Father please lift this dear one up spiritually; and guide this person to a good bible-believing church which will help her, and her son also to grow spiritually. Help her husband also to grow in the word. In Jesus name. amen.

#4 Ray and Vi

Ray and Vi

PrayWay Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 03:39 PM

Lord I lift my dear sister up to you and pray you will comfort her,. Holy Spirit anoint her from head to toe and bless her and her family to over flowing in Jesus name I pray amen. Jules sometime we need to say nothing people are looking at the way we act. someone once said "The only bible non believers read is us" Just keep showing them the Love of Jesus. and dont stop praying for them. nothing is impossible for God.

#5 oxfordridgedrive

oxfordridgedrive

Advanced Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 05:00 PM

Dear Jesus I stand in agreement with this prayer.I lift up this woman and her family to you.Give her the courage as she tells her family about the news that she has to tell them.Help her find a church that she is happy with.Help this father and there children understand your word better.Send angels around this family. In your beautiful name I pray Amen

#6 RubyZ

RubyZ

Prayer Power Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 01:36 AM

Dear Lord, please guide this woman. Bless her with strength and peace even as those around her don't understand or accept her decision. May she demonstrate a faith that opens the eyes of the people around her and helps them to know you. Give her patience and hope. I pray that her family will come to see this new church as a loving place where their faith will grow and they can build their relationship with you. Amen.

#7 NicoleneCoetzee_13

NicoleneCoetzee_13

Prayer Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 01:53 PM

Dear Jules, On a personal note I have undergone the same transition. I was also brought up in a very strict house where I was 'very strongly encouraged' to attend a church of a denomination that I did not find fed my soul. After many years of this I decided not to attend church anymore and I underwent a dramatic time of self-searching. Then on one day in a new city that I had moved to (God works in amazing ways) I walked into a Cathedral and I found home. I have such an amazing relationship now with God and although I am by absolutely no means perfect my God is so graceful and merciful to me. Please understand that God is trying to tell you to move to where your heart truly feels home. I truly believe that we are all created to fill a particular 'spot' in God's plan. It is your Divine right to follow your heart and go where God needs you. After a while my family has accepted my transition. Although our family members do not all agree on these matters we have learnt to respect each other's personal needs. I am very grateful for the change I underwent and I truly believe that God will protect you and your loved ones in this important life change. Peace and God's love to you my sister. A friend on this website sited this passage to me and I hope that it brings you similar peace: Psalm 119:2 "Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart."