96 replies to this topic

#1 Dan T

Dan T

Advanced Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 01:34 PM

My wife has had an affair with another married man and they now live together with 2 of my 3 children. I still desire the marriage even 16 months after they have been living together. Both families on either side of the infidelity relationship use to attend church. Now I am the only one now who continues with church. My wife and this man met in our church and both claim to be Christians. My oldest boy accepted Christ into his heart when he was 12 years old but now refuses to go to church. He says that Christ isnít real and Christians are phonies. He seems to respect my beliefs and will entertain pseudo interest for my sake, but it is very disheartening to see the destruction of the interest and growth he once had. Sometimes when I was praying and crying out to God, I would sense in my spirit that God was saying yes to my marriage, stand for my family and wait to see what he will do. However, it has been a long wait, my hands are tied and the circumstances appear to be getting worse and not better. I used to believe I heard from God during periods of my walk, but many times what I think I hear or sense in my spirit seems unreal, absurd, ridiculous, or impossible. I tend to think it is from me and these are my own thoughts. Please pray for a miracle healing and restoration of my marriage and my family (household). To see my family saved and walk with Christ. I would appreciate anything else you sense the spirit telling you, that I may have overlooked or forgot to ask for here. Thank you sincerely for your time and consideration. Blessings, Dan

#2 Riley1

Riley1

Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:48 PM

Lord please help heal this family and bring them closer to you. Lord help convict this woman of sins and come home to her husband. Lord thank you for your mercy on us and please restore this marriage in your name.. Amen

#3 ekikaseven

ekikaseven

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:59 PM

Father, In Yesua's (Jesus) name, please destroy this illicit relationship between this adulterous couple. Send a spirit of 'repulsion' between these two. Convict their hearts. Please restore the marriages. Heal these marriages. Restore this family of Dan. Abba, Abba: give this man wisdom & guidance in this matter. Work this matter out. Amen.

#4 For Now

For Now

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 04:23 PM

Dear Lord we ask your help in this situation. Heal and restore these marriages,guide each to do there part in healing and restoring the marriage. Heal the children, comfort there hearts, bring love and understanding to all involved. Thank You Lord Amen

#5 laxmirao

laxmirao

Advanced Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 06:07 PM

Dear Lord, Please heal and restore this marriage and crash the eveil attacks on two families.Nothing is impossible with you lord.Please let them realise and go for salvation.pl bring these families together and let them live to glorify Your name. Jesus name I Pray, Amen.

#6 geetha varadan

geetha varadan

New Prayer Poster

• Members2
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 03:30 AM

My dearest Brother: I do not know what to say ...Your sorrow makes me feel teribble (sp?) ...I speak from a position that knows what it is to know that the person you love is with someone else. I pray that all will be well for you and your children. I do not say that your wife should be convicted of her sinful act so much as to say that she should realize that she has betrayed trust, love and responsibility and that she should undersatnd that she is utterly responsible for bringing more misery into the world: the lives of her children (and God blessed her with three) will never be the same ... I pray that you and your children will continue to love her and that in God's most magnificant way she will be touched and make amends: actually. I pray for God to give you strength and to be able to meet each day with courrage and the ability to 'count your blessings' ...though there may not (to your heart) seem to be any ... I pray that you will meet people who love you and your children, people who will encourage you to believe even when everything seems over ... BELIEVE, that is the key ...I think God told Joshua, 'See I have given the enemy over to your hands ...' even BEFORE J and his 'army' walked around the walls ...See ...So you, too, my beloved brother, must see and hear the good news ...Thanking God for the restoration evne before you see and hear it with earthly eyes and ears.... I hope that I have not given you a sermon. That was not my intention. My intention was to say that I am sorry, that I know what you are going through, and that I send you and your children a hug ...and a prayer for everything to be well ... PS. Have you looked into yourself? I have ...Looked at myself honestly ...and realized that my beloved just preferred 'bad/easy' fruit ...What to do? I say this with all honesty and humility ...Not that I am GOOD (I know that only God is) ...it is said that men (in this case it is a woma ...so let us say PEOPLE) prefer the fruit that is lying around on the ground ...not too good, a little over-ripe, a little rotten, eaten in parts by birds/animals, immature ...but easy ...very easy. The good frui is still on the tree ...It means an effort to get to them ...And the good fruit might intimidate the person looking for fruit ...Too good/too expensive/too difficult and so on ...So ...this is not to console you, but it just might be the truth. Sometimes people HATE goodness ...It makes them feel inadequate ...so the 'fault' might not be yours ...But look at yourself closely ...If there was/is soemthing, maybe you can try and talk to her ... Take care. Love and a prayer GV

#7 Dan T

Dan T

Advanced Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 04:25 AM

My dearest Brother:
I do not know what to say ...Your sorrow makes me feel teribble (sp?) ...I speak from a position that knows what it is to know that the person you love is with someone else.

I pray that all will be well for you and your children. I do not say that your wife should be convicted of her sinful act so much as to say that she should realize that she has betrayed trust, love and responsibility and that she should undersatnd that she is utterly responsible for bringing more misery into the world: the lives of her children (and God blessed her with three) will never be the same ...

I pray that you and your children will continue to love her and that in God's most magnificant way she will be touched and make amends: actually.

I pray for God to give you strength and to be able to meet each day with courrage and the ability to 'count your blessings' ...though there may not (to your heart) seem to be any ...

I pray that you will meet people who love you and your children, people who will encourage you to believe even when everything seems over ... BELIEVE, that is the key ...I think God told Joshua, 'See I have given the enemy over to your hands ...' even BEFORE J and his 'army' walked around the walls ...See ...So you, too, my beloved brother, must see and hear the good news ...Thanking God for the restoration evne before you see and hear it with earthly eyes and ears....

I hope that I have not given you a sermon. That was not my intention. My intention was to say that I am sorry, that I know what you are going through, and that I send you and your children a hug ...and a prayer for everything to be well ...

PS. Have you looked into yourself? I have ...Looked at myself honestly ...and realized that my beloved just preferred 'bad/easy' fruit ...What to do? I say this with all honesty and humility ...Not that I am GOOD (I know that only God is) ...it is said that men (in this case it is a woma ...so let us say PEOPLE) prefer the fruit that is lying around on the ground ...not too good, a little over-ripe, a little rotten, eaten in parts by birds/animals, immature ...but easy ...very easy. The good frui is still on the tree ...It means an effort to get to them ...And the good fruit might intimidate the person looking for fruit ...Too good/too expensive/too difficult and so on ...So ...this is not to console you, but it just might be the truth. Sometimes people HATE goodness ...It makes them feel inadequate ...so the 'fault' might not be yours ...But look at yourself closely ...If there was/is soemthing, maybe you can try and talk to her ...

Take care. Love and a prayer GV

Thank you, so, Geetha. I have done a lot of soul searching, I have treated her well for the most part, but I also had my faults. He, the other man, has a better paying job, he is older, a sense of humour so I am told and he is a cowboy. She wants that security with better finances and likes his cowboy personna, I guess. I haven't stopped hurting, crying and loving. At times, I am angry at myself, my wife, him and many times Satan and what this world teaches. I am sometimes upset with the pastor at our old church and a few who attended there, it seems to me, that if it were me that was having the affair, they would have despised me and pursued me. However, they seemed to be indifferent and offered little support since it was my wife. I am with a different church family now, but I was very dissappointed with this indifference.

I have been married to her for 15 years and 4 years dating. I have invested so much into this relationship and she is all I ever knew. I have my oldest son because he chose to stay with me, but I miss all three of them together and seeing them nightly. I so rarely see the other two now.

I am praying daily, I need much prayer support and intercession. I have seen how Satan distorts things, he causes misunderstanding, strife, conflict, confusion and deception. Even, if Theresa were to remain single, but came to the Lord for salvation and lived the rest of her life in obediance, I would be okay with that, but I do desire the marriage and my children. I can't even say that the marriage was all that bad, there were definitely good times and bad times. This is spiritual warfare.

I thank you all for your prayer support, and love. Blessings

#8 Mike4Hope

Mike4Hope

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:52 AM

I don't know what to say here but I want to support my brother Dan. First, I am so so sorry. Second, God has it...........and I am proud of you for standing for God. I ask the Holy Spirit to pray on Dan's behalf. (Romans 8:26) It may be a small consolation, but your children and others are watching. Stay strong in our Lord my friend............I join all the prayers above. Father please move in this situation. In Jesus name, Amen

#9 nyabs

nyabs

New Prayer Poster

• Members2
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:51 AM

I don't know what to say here but I want to support my brother Dan.
First, I am so so sorry.
Second, God has it...........and I am proud of you for standing for God.
I ask the Holy Spirit to pray on Dan's behalf. (Romans 8:26)

It may be a small consolation, but your children and others are watching.
Stay strong in our Lord my friend............I join all the prayers above.
Father please move in this situation.
In Jesus name,
Amen

bless you God is doing something for your life. just trust him without a doubt. he loves you and your family so much. am praying with you.

#10 Dan T

Dan T

Advanced Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:06 PM

First, I am so so sorry.

In Jesus name,
Amen

bless you God is doing something for your life. just trust him without a doubt. he loves you and your family so much. am praying with you.

First, I am so so sorry.

In Jesus name,
Amen

Lord, uphold and honor the marriage covenant between me and my wife and protect it from the devises and schemes of the evil one. In Jesus name, Amen.

#11 Victory always

Victory always

Advanced Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:24 PM

ACCORDING TO THE WORD OF GOD DEATH AND LIFE ARE IN THE POWER OF THE TONGUE...................................SPEAK LIFE INTO YOUR MARRIAGE ............BEGIN NOW LORD, RIGHT NOW I SPEAK LIFE INTO THIS BROTHER MARRIAGE IN THE NAME OF JESUS. SAY THAT A THOUSAND TIMES EVERY DAY WHEN YOU ARE TIRED OF SAYING IT WRITE IT................OBEY AND BE BLESSED

#12 Manasseh Lului

Manasseh Lului

Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:31 PM

Dear Father, We think of the example of Hosea in the bible and know that there is hope for Dan. Hosea never gave up on his wife despite the adulterous life she was living. It's very difficult in this day and age to forgive someone who has betrayed your love and trust. However, like Hosea, Dan is prepared to welcome back his wayward wife and the innocent children into the family circle You have blessed. He may not fully understand the reason why this has happened, but please Lord, fill his heart with love, peace and patience. In due season You will reward him for his persistence. Because we know that everything we ask in the name of Jesus, You will know. You have said it in the bible and we trust Your words. May Your will be done for Your glory and honour, in Jesus name. Amen

#13 Dan T

Dan T

Advanced Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:42 AM

I recieved a letter from her lawyer the other day. Really need pray.

#14 Dan T

Dan T

Advanced Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:04 AM

[size=4]I am requesting a miracle for the restoration of my marriage with Theresa, that there be deliverance of all strongholds of adultery that have kept her in captivity. That by God' s Holy Spirit she will ear and see that what she is involved in is sin and the harm to the other spouse and children, and she would come to full repentance unto salvation and recomit her life to Christ. Help me lift this request up to God and pray lead by the Holy spirit for a breakthrough and anything the Holy Spirit leads you. Thank you for your prayer consideration in Christ.

#15 Dan T

Dan T

Advanced Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 12:11 PM

I continue to pray and stand for my wife, children and marriage. I am losing heart in spite of prayer, I am growing weary. I would like God to make a way where there seems to be no way. I am desperate for God's justice, his power and his might. I am financially struggling single Father raising one son on my own. The other two are with my wife. I am desperate for my wife to see that the children don't have a relationship with each other as normal homes have. How much her affair with this selfish man is breaking even the children's inheritance with court costs, maintenance, etc. The Lord, knows I can't afford this. I sit like Job, asking "what have I done to deserve this?" Why am I waiting and watching evil prospering in their ways? I am begging God, answer me oh Lord, come quickly to help.