50 replies to this topic

#46 Friend of peace

Friend of peace

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,958 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:59 PM

Dear Angelika, You are good at injecting humor into situations. You made me smile with your comment "Say where are we going with all this? LOL...." I see that you have a lighthearted side in you and that is a very refreshing and endearing quality that I like you.

#47 Angelika

Angelika

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:54 PM

Dear Angelika,
You are good at injecting humor into situations. You made me smile with your comment "Say where are we going with all this? LOL...." I see that you have a lighthearted side in you and that is a very refreshing and endearing quality that I like you.

Well thanks, oh golly gee, that's so nice of you to say, LOL. Gee, someone actually likes me, WOW! You've witness one of my rare moments of sanity, LOL. Sooo, tell me, where were we going with that last conversation anyway? I bet you can't remember either, LOL. Well if you do, let me know, so don't leave me in suspense.

#48 Friend of peace

Friend of peace

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,958 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:05 PM

Angie dear, One of the posters mentioned Job so my posting was in response to that poster's comment on Job. That's where it was going. :)

#49 Angelika

Angelika

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:39 PM

Angie dear,
One of the posters mentioned Job so my posting was in response to that poster's comment on Job. That's where it was going. :)

Oh, ok. So what's response to my response about Job, or did you give one already and I forgot, lol. I'm so forgetful these days and this med I'm on for diabetes is also making me very confused and unsteady on my feet due to the dizziness. No, I'm not a blond, LOL!

#50 Friend of peace

Friend of peace

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,958 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:55 PM

Here is my response again, Angie, and you agreed with it: I don't believe that Job opened the door to the devil. I quote from tne NKJV version of the Bible: 'Then the Lord said to Satan, "Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil?" (Job 1:18) Moreover, God allowed Satan to have power over all that Job had except for his person. Support of this comes from Job 1:12: 'And the Lord said to Satan, "Behold, all that he has is in your power, only do not lay a hand on his person." ' (Job 1:12, NKJV)

#51 Atime

Atime

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 01:39 AM

When God is speaking to satan(are they friends?), this is a figure of speech.
It is used to give understanding in a format(?) we can understand. For example , when it is said 'God took his hand...' . God is spirit it is not a hand in the way we think. This is a figure of speech- giving God human qualities, we can identify.

in another place God said

Zechariah 3:2

2 And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: {is not this a brand plucked out of the fire}

Is God confused?

One day God is giving away his people, the next he is rebuking? No God is not confused , i don't know enough about language and literature to tell you the name of this type of speech, but it is a particular figure of speech; that helps us understand the mood and atmosphere concerning a particular event. God can be both figurative and actual at the same time, so it is probably concerning something we as human beings wouldnt or dont understand. example - God, - the devil and the fall

Job did 'open the door'-

Job did not 'sin' , but he did have one problem. Job was under the law and he was very careful to fulfill the laws of God. Even though he had a great love of God, he a problem trusting. Somehow fear had entered into his heart. i dont mean that tinkly, on the surface nervous or momentary fear. But a deep down , hidden away fear. His fear was that he would lose everything, everything that God had given. So he had to be extra careful he did everything right. Not an unknown state for a rich man, to be nervous about losing all he has gained. Did he turn his back on God? No, but somehow he started relying on his behavior to keep him safe. Fear is the opposite of relying on God. Not that initial feeling, but the deeper thought that affects(? or effects) our behavior.

Job 1 (New Living Translation)

4 His sons used to take turns holding feasts in their homes, and they would invite their three sisters to eat and drink with them.

5 When a period of feasting had run its course, Job would send and have them purified. Early in the morning he would sacrifice a *burnt offering for each of them, thinking, "Perhaps my children have sinned and cursed God in their hearts." This was Job's regular custom.

they were of age his (Job) fear was that somehow they had partied too much and had done something against God. Parents worry, but he took over, the relationship btwn God and his children.

* The purpose of the burnt offering was to make atonement for the sin of the offerer and thus to gain Godís acceptance. The offerer laid his hands upon the animal, identifying with it. More specifically, he identified his sins with the animal. Thus, when the animal was slain (by the hand of the offerer) it died for the sins of the offerer. It is not so much for the offererís specific sins (which are dealt with by other sacrifices), but rather for the offererís general state of sinfulness--taken from Bible.Org

Leviticus 7
30 His own hands shall bring the offerings of the LORD made by fire...

37 This is the law of the burnt offering, of the meat offering, and of the sin offering, and of the trespass offering, and of the consecrations, and of the sacrifice of the peace offerings;

38 Which the LORD commanded Moses in mount Sinai, in the day that he commanded

Job was aware of the Law, he had to make sure his kids were safe , that they were doing what God commanded, even if he had to do it himself.
----
3:25 For the thing which I greatly * feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.

* In my prosperity I looked for a fall, as it now has come to pass.

3:26 ** I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came.

** The fear of troubles that would ensue, caused my prosperity to seem to me as nothing, and yet I am not exempted from trouble. ---Geneva Study Bible

He was rich, respected, blessed, But deep down he thought he would lose it all. He couldn't even enjoy his prosperity.

----------
But Job knew one thing, one important thing. He never blamed God when it all went bad. He never spoke against God in his dispair. So even though he lost everything, even though there was a small crack for the devil to try and use against him, he stayed under God. Thereby, he regained, in God all that he had, and more.

This in part, is the lesson of Job, in part because there is so much we can learn. But when we see Job and how he handled aversity, and even faced his own shortcomings, we cant help but be encouraged.

Job 1

19 A violent wind came on a sudden from the side of the desert, and shook the four corners of the house, and it fell upon thy children and they are dead, and I alone have escaped to fell thee.

20 Then Job rose up, and rent his garments, and having shaven his head fell down upon the ground and worshipped,

21 And said: Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away: as it hath pleased the Lord so is it done: blessed be the name of the Lord.

22 In all these things Job sinned not by his lips, nor spoke he any foolish thing against God./u]

And again when even when his health was gone: this amazing man spoke of God's Goodness.

9 Then said his wife unto him, Dost thou still retain thine integrity? curse God, and die.

10 But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips.

The question was did Job bring this into his life? Indirectly, his fear gave room for the devil to try and destroy his love for God, by not believing, trusting God with the keeping of his prosperity. He began to rely or hope that what he was doing would make him good enough to retain what he had.
But my original statement had to do with what our response should be toward the terrible things that can happen. Rather good or bad, just as God does not change, neither should we. Our response should be one of Praise. This easy to say, but we should try and stay our minds on the truth about God. And not fall into the pattern of speaking against God.
--------------------
Enough, You said you are looking for some laughs------------try Tim Hawkins
i think that's his name , try Godtube/tangle ---------------he's hilarious :lol: :lol:

--------------------------
some thing to do some time---One thing to know when reading the Old Testament,is there was a difference in how God communicated with people. They did not have Christ in them,nor the bloodline of Holy Spirit, Some were given Spirit , generally upon them as opposed to in them. Even then God communicated with them in a physical sense. Burning Bush, Whirlwind, etc. , whereas today God can communicate directly with us. There is a difference in how they spoke of God, due to the difference in 'administrations', they were considered (in their approach toward God), as servants. We are hers, his adopted children. We can know Him, and speak more freely.

Romans 8

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Numbers 12

6 And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.

7 My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house.

8 With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses

Job 38:1
1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind,

Ezekiel 20

46 Son of man, set thy face toward the south, and drop thy word toward the south, and prophesy against the forest of the south field;

47 And say to the forest of the south, Hear the word of the LORD; Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will kindle a fire in thee, and it shall devour every green tree in thee, and every dry tree

49 Then said I, Ah Lord GOD! they say of me, Doth he not speak parables?(Ezekiel)

Matthew 13:3

3 And he{Jesus} spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;

Matthew 13:10-11

10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

11 He(Jesus) answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given

34 All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:

35 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

Mark 4:34
34 But without a parable spake he not unto them: and when they were alone, he expounded all things to his disciples.

Acts 2
1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

Romans 8:26-28 (King James Version)

26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

1 Corinthians 2:10 (King James Version)

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Hebrews 1

2 Hath in these [u]last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reminder to speak well of God,Christ, and what He's done for us

1 Corinthians 10:10-11 (King James Version)

10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.

11 Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Recieve the Promises of God

3 John 1:2

2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.