Mike4Hope

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

".... waiting for hope."

Anne:
I found this old devotion by accident today and posted it in our our bible study of Job (lounge). I think that we may both be there:

"Streams in the Desert" July 26

By faith we eagerly await through the Spirit the righteousness for which we hope (Galatians 5:5)

There are times when every thing looks very dark to me -- so dark that I have to wait before I have hope. Waiting with hope is very difficult, but true patience is expressed when we must even wait for hope. When we see no hint of success yet refuse to despair, when we see nothing but the darkness of night through our window yet keep the shutters open because stars may appear in the sky, and when we have an empty place in our heart yet will not let it be filled with anything less than God's best -- that is the greatest patience in the universe. It is in the story of Job in the midst of the storm, Abraham on the road to Moriah, Moses in the desert of Midian, and the Son of Man in the Garden of Gethsemane. And there is no patience as strong as that which endures because we see "him who is invisible" (Heb. 11:27) It is the kind of patience that waits for hope.

Dear Lord, You have made waiting beautiful and patience divine. You have taught us that Your will should be accepted simply because it is Your will. You have revealed to us that a person may see nothing but sorrow in his cup yet still be willing to drink it because of a conviction that Your eyes see further than his own.
Father, give me Your divine power -- the power of Gethsemane. Give me the strength to wait for hope -- to look through the window when there are no stars. Even when my joy is gone, give me strength to stand victoriously in the darkest night and say, "To my heavenly Father, the sun still shines."
I will have reached the point of greatest strength once I have learned to wait for hope.

Amen

#542 Anne27

Anne27

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:13 PM

That's very beautiful, Mike. Thank you for sharing. Bless you, my friend, and all who continue to pray for us. ~ Anne Dear Jesus, help me, C, (and Mike and all here on PrayWay) to wait with hope...to live and love like we already feel it because you say we already have it. I ask in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

#543 sweetchildofmine

sweetchildofmine

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,079 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

That's very beautiful, Mike. Thank you for sharing. Bless you, my friend, and all who continue to pray for us. ~ Anne

Dear Jesus, help me, C, (and Mike and all here on PrayWay) to wait with hope...to live and love like we already feel it because you say we already have it. I ask in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Michael this is very beauitful..I stand in agreement with Annie's prayer..In Jesus name

#544 Anne27

Anne27

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

Dear Jesus, I know you know that I am still hanging on and continuing in prayer. I don't really know what I'm doing—whether I'm obedient, disobedient, or downright crazy—but I keep telling myself that you know what YOU are doing...even if I can't see it. We miss our dear one, Father. We miss our beloved C. Wherever she is tonight...bless her...draw her near to you...and connect our hearts across the miles...please. I hope you are planning to bring her back to us soon. We miss her so much. Thanks, God, for whatever you're up to. Please whisper something beautiful from us to C tonight. May it comfort and bless her wounded heart. I ask in the beautiful Name of Jesus. Amen.

#545 Mike4Hope

Mike4Hope

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:42 AM

Dear Friend:
What a nice surprise to be awaken early, stumble out to my computer and find you here.
You have been on my heart many times in the past months.
I have thought about your question: Why do we do what we do?
It is faith dear one ....... belief and obedience ..... without understanding ... without an inkling of sight ..... in FAITH:

http://www.prayway.c...howtopic=147811

Love In Christ,
Mike4Hope

PS: Looks like Kath was prompted to post the same answer to you in different words:

http://www.prayway.c...h...pid=440076

#546 sweetchildofmine

sweetchildofmine

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,079 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

Dear Friend:
What a nice surprise to be awaken early, stumble out to my computer and find you here.
It is faith dear one ....... belief and obedience ..... without understanding ... without an inkling of sight ..... in FAITH:

Love In Christ,
Mike4Hope

PS: Looks like Kath was prompted to post the same answer to you in different words:

AMEN,

STANDING IN PRAYER FOR YOU AND C -ANNIE......GLORY BE TO GOD...WE BLESS HIS HOLY NAME...IN JESUS NAME AMEN

#547 For Now

For Now

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:10 AM

Dear Friend:

Love In Christ,
Mike4Hope

Standing in prayer with you all...Amen
Bless Annie and C bring joy to all in Jesus name Amen

#548 Anne27

Anne27

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

Thank you, my dear friends. I am so very grateful for you all, and for your ceaseless commitment to praying for our precious mother/sister/friend in Christ, C. We haven't seen her in over a month, and we miss her terribly as our hearts ache for her pain and loss. We lift our eyes daily to the hills for her help and healing. Thank you for your faithfulness in lifting up to the Lord this precious soul whom my daughter and I cherish as our own flesh and blood. May we soon report back wondrous and joyful answers to your prayers. Much love, Anne

#549 Mike4Hope

Mike4Hope

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

We have left the light on for you dear friend. You are part of our family: then, now and forever. Hugs,