548 replies to this topic

#31 Anne27

Anne27

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 05:27 AM

Lord, I am here waiting on you for direction and for change. You see everything that is going on in and around my life. You know my heart and my thoughts. Please, Lord, guide and direct me today, so that I might be a blessing to your people, and so that I might be filled with faith and hope that I will yet be spared from so much financial and emotional strife. Father, again I thank you for C, and for the blessing of her Titus 2 sisterhood and love for me. Please, Lord, continue to build this relationship as a testimony of your grace and as a source of continued healing for me. Please help me to to be a deep source of blessing in C's life and in the lives of her family members. Draw us nearer and nearer to you and to each other. Strentghen, teach, and direct us, Lord, so that we can be kingdom builders together in your Name. Lord, please hear and answer the prayers of my PrayWay friends who are also waiting and trying their hardest not to lose hope for their causes, needs, and desires. Bind us together in Christian love, faith, and fellowship so that we can draw strength from one another as we focus on your Truth and your promises. I love you Lord and pray these things in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

#32 Aleona13

Aleona13

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:02 AM

Dear Anne, you are such a sweet person, even your posts beam with the light which is inside of your soul! May God reward you for your kindness and bless you in all the areas of your life!

#33 Anne27

Anne27

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 06:27 AM

Lord, I am coming to you again this morning--praying without ceasing for my new family--for my sister C and her sister R--because they need you so desperately. C is grieved down deep in her soul, Lord, I can tell. She's afraid that R's life is drawing to a close and that the ravages of sin and alcoholism are poised to destroy her little sister forever. Please, Lord, please intervene all around. C needs refreshment in her soul, and she needs clear, specific direction from you about what to do. Lord, as I have prayed for these precious daughters of yours (and now sisters of mine) I have received a vision or an imagining of some powerful ministry that can come from all this strife. I'm pretty sure that C has seen/imagined something quite similar though we have not really shared the details with one another. Jesus, R's suffering, and hopefully her healing, seems to be somehow at the center of it all. Maybe I'm just hoping naively, but I'm praying that is not the case. I'm praying and asking, Lord, for clear signs that you are working out an AMAZING blessing for C and for R...and by extension for me. Lord, I cannot imagine how I could love these women anymore, or how such love as this could come from anywhere else but the Kingdom of Heaven. Please expand that love today, Lord God, by deepening our commitment and trust in you and in each other each and every day. Father, help C to continue being transparent. Help her to take my hand, so that I can keep placing both of our hands firmly in yours. There is nothing more beautiful than love and kinship that has been ordained and sanctified by you, Lord Jesus. I know that's true because it reflects the even greater love that you have for us. Lord, there's nothing good or loving in me that hasn't come from you. Use it, Lord, use every ounce of it to minister to these sisters and others whom you place in my path. I want to be your faithful and obedient servant, Lord. Thank you for the way C's love and commitment to me brings your healing and love. Thank you for bringing us together. Build our little family, Jesus. Build it strong and mighty and lasting as a living testimony to your love and grace. I ask these things in Jesus' Name. Amen.

#34 rws3

rws3

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:14 PM

Lord, thank You for the blessing of true friendship in anne's life. thank You for offering support and love to her in the form of a true friend. we ask Your blessing upon their friendship. please continue to meet each of anne's needs in a way that only You can. do more for her than she can imainge! in Jesus' name, amen!

#35 felicia

felicia

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 04:09 PM

Father i thank you for the family, companionship and fellowship you have provided for anne in C and ask that You be everpresent in their relationship. Father i ask the You would continue to gather anne close to You, give her rest, more enjoyable time with her princess, success in her endeavors, and just Your provision in all things, in Jesus name, Amen.

#36 Anne27

Anne27

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 10:57 AM

Father, I am really struggling. It has been such an emotional week, and the one that is coming seems destined to be the same. I don't like myself much right now, Lord, so it's hard to imagine that you are interested in my prayers when we both know that they are so full of self interest at their core. I'm so sorry. Abba Father, this week has brought to light so much pain and ugliness in me. Even when one I love is struggling with things that I have been spared, I am still so self-seeking, still so foolish in my heart. My fears are even full of my greedy nature. Father, my friend, P, says these fears are understandable given the things that have happened to me, but does that make me entitled to keep them? Does that mean I am allowed continue in selfishness? Yet, Father, I cannot seem to stop trembling inside for the grief that is mounting up and the anxiety over what may come next. This cannot be of you. It is the product of a heart and a spirit that still has one foot in the world and one eye on herself. I miss C, Lord. I know she will be back soon, but I don't know what will be left of her after this rescue mission to save poor, tortured R from herself. The reports are sparce, and when they come, they are filled with grievous news of things that I can't stand to think of my precious sister enduring. You have held me all the way at the margins, Lord, to do nothing except pray and wait. I know this is right, that you should increase and I should decrease. So why? Why is it such a struggle for me? Why am I not satisfied to trust it all to you and be at peace? What makes me think that anything I pray or any amount of fasting or any professions of devotion amount to the slightest thing? It took all my courage to trust her, Lord, will I lose my sister now? Will there just be no more of her left after all she has endured? I don't know how to minister to her. I don't know how to help her. I don't know how to keep her supplied with faith and strength. I don't know how to pour myself out so that whatever is good in me gets used for her good and your glory. How do I know, Lord, if what I have been trying to do in fasting prayer is enough? How do I know if you are using it for anything more than to show me my broken, naked self in the mirror? I can only plead with you, Jesus, to help my dear one today. To renew her and open doors for her and make every provision for her. She needs you so much and she is so tired and spent. I can only plead with you to keep her in peace and to assure her of your love and your Jeremiah 29:11 promise to her. But what of my sweet sister's love, Lord? Is it right for me to also plead with you to keep the commitment C and I have to be bound tightly together for life? Is it right for me to implore you to use this situation, which the enemy has meant for evil--for much ripping and tearing--to draw us nearer to you and to each other? Will you shake your head at me if I plead with you for the assurance that this sisterhood will continue to grow and blossom? Dare I hope that R will recover and that we can be a cord with THREE strands? These are the prayers that want to erupt out of my heart, Lord, but I fear they are so full of my selfish desires and my foolishness that you will wave me off and tell me that I'm still getting things all wrong with you. I am crying out to you, Jesus, because I'm struggling to be better than I am...to love you more than myself...to love you with my whole heart, soul, mind, and strength. To place you high and lifted up above anything and anyone else in my life. Please, in your mercy, as you help me in this endeavor, and as you melt me with your refiner's fire, please protect this sisterhood from destruction or from simply turning to vapor. Send me your clear assurance and hope very soon, dear Jesus. I'm such a weak one, and still so small in my faith, that I need more than I can see right now. I'm sorry, Lord. I feel like such a spiritual midget right now, but there's no pretending any differently. Hear my prayers, precious Lord, and answer with favor, my God who is mighty to save. I pray in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

#37 Anne27

Anne27

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 03:12 PM

God I am quite desperate for your favor in several areas of my life right now, including my job. I really need to find something with equal pay, more flexible hours, and closer to home. This long commute and the chronic issues in my office are wearing me down tremendously. Father, please also remember the causes of my precious C and her sister R. I know they are also longing for you to improve circumstances in their lives. I am eager, Lord, for you to bring C, and possibly even R, home soon. I am praying for you to make us a cord of 3 strands. Please send good news of R's improving health very, very soon. I praise you for your goodness and mercy, and for the work you are doing to continue sanctifying me. Some of it really hurts, but amazingly I can feel your love through it just the same. I lift these prayers in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

#38 Mike4Hope

Mike4Hope

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:03 AM

Abba Father: I stand with and for my sister Anne. Please touch her life with a sparkle of hope and assurance today. I have never known a more honest spirit than this special child of yours. Please bring her favor in her work, her relationships and her well being. I ask that you bless this selfless believer that wears Jesus on her sleeve. In His name, Amen

#39 felicia

felicia

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:22 PM

Father i know that you are aware of anne's struggle, enable her to rest in your loving arms, continue to allow her to feel your presence in her storm. Father i pray in agreement with anne and mike, i ask that your provision surround her, that you open whatever doors she needs opened in her life and that she feels you guiding her decisions, i pray for C and her sister, i continue to pray for L and A and their salvation in You even as you have given anne peace in her forgiveness in them and their season in her life, i pray for her princess because truly Lord, the love of parenthood is but a glimpse into your love, just a taste of what we mean to you. i pray provision and favor in all of anne's life, in Jesus name, Amen.

#40 Anne27

Anne27

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:32 PM

Father, please, remember your daughters...me, R, C, and my princess. Please have mercy on us all. Make generous, favorable provisions for us. Reunite us very soon. Help us live for many years very close to each other and bearing one another's burdens. Bring our ministry to fruition. If a chord of 3 strands cannot be easily broken, then how much stronger a cord of 4, 5, 6, or even 7 strands when we include the children and the grandchildren. I really miss my "family" Lord. I know you give and you take away, but I am praying that this time it is all giving and no more taking away. These things I pray in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

#41 rws3

rws3

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:16 AM

Lord, please bless anne's friednships with harmony and an increased bond founded in You. give her peace in her life. we ask in Jesus' name for Your provision for her every need, amen!

#42 Anne27

Anne27

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 01:50 PM

Lord, please cover and comfort my precious sister, C, as she must leave R and return home. Lord, I know how hard this is for both C and R, so I ask that you would do great and mighty things to bring positive, healing solutions for R that will ease C's heart. Love and protect them both today and everyday, Lord, I pray in Jesus' Name. Amen.

#43 Anne27

Anne27

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 12:11 PM

Father God, I don't think I've ever felt so far at the end of myself as I did this morning. I don't think I've ever been so humbled as I was in finding that I simply could not continue to wrestle with my fear alongside some very real pain and need in my life. Confessing to you and to C that I actually need the mothering that she has offered was so hard. I feel hungover still from speaking it all to you and to her. Exposing the most raw part of my pain feels so dangerous. It involves trusting you and trusting her in ways that are entirely alien to me. And now I am left to plead for your mercy and for your gentleness alongside C's--confirming for me that this relationship is, as she has told me time and again, for life and for love and for Christ. Father, I don't know where in the world she will find the time and emotional resources to deliver such love and affirmation as she has promised, but I am depending on you to provide it for her. I am depending on you to keep me still and patient and to keep her true. I am depending on you to finally settle both our family lives so that we can look and see more clearly the path of sisterhood you have marked out for us to walk and enjoy toegther. Please, Lord, show me that my worst fear--the fear of being a child on the margin of her life--is only but a remnant of a broken childhood. Show me that the other painful fear, the fear of being "second class" and the receiver of leftovers is also a mere (if very real and painful) manifestation of old experiences. Show me in real, tangible ways that I am deeply grafted into my sister's life and that I add something of equal value to her life as she add to mine. help me to finally see that she can truly be trusted with my heart, and that she has more than plans but also a determination to weave me into the fabric of her life in significant ways. Show me that she is a sister and a mother and a friend all at once and that her words are true. These things I ask in the merciful Name of Jesus. Amen.

#44 felicia

felicia

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:45 PM

Father i stand in agreement with anne's prayer. enable her, Lord, to feel and see the manifestation of Your very real love. enable her to see that all love comes from You and will not be snatched away from her as You have said that You will never leave nor forsake us. Father bless her and C's relationship, show anne that You are in the center and have brought them together to love and nurture one another, in Jesus name, i pray, Amen.

#45 Anne27

Anne27

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:39 PM

Massive meltdown again today. I hope this is the last of them. It's really horrible to feel like I'm spiraling down through an endless, black vortex of fear. Totally dumped on C, big time. Praying that she understands it in context and can cope without an issue. Received an early morning call that my aunt/godmother passed away unexpectedly. That seemed to trigger the crash that was already fired up in me. What a day! Lord, I pray that you would help me cling to you through all this uncertainty, pain, etc. I have been in such a state, and it really needs to end so that I can focus and be well. Father, please help me to feel your hand in the darkness. Help me to find your peace in the storms. Help me to keep from sabbotaging the first healthy relationship I've had in forever. Help my precious sister to meet me where I am at and to assure me that she is there even when she is placing my hand in yours. Help me to let go of my anxieties, Lord, and to receive the truth of your love and that of my sister. I ask in the Name of Jesus. Amen.