548 replies to this topic

#1 Anne27

Anne27

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:59 AM

Dear Friends, I am officially ending my "The Cloud" thread as of this post. This decision by no means implies that the troubles I've been facing have been resolved or even lessoned. However, I believe it is safe to say that the Lord has moved me to where I can see enough light and feel enough warmth to hang on in prayer and faith. I have two praises to report in this regard. First, the Lord has given me the strength, tools, and peace to completely release L and walk away for good. This action was SO difficult for me in the past, as we had such a strong connection and long history. Even so, God made it clear that L should not be a part of my life, and I have accepted that gratefully. I have deleted all photos, emails, contact info etc from my communication devices. I have complete peace to walk on, and I do so without anger or sadness. I'm good. Secondly, and perhaps as a reward for my obedience, but more likely as an act of unmerited grace and favor, the Lord brought me the sweetest gift since my daughter was born. He gave me a beautiful Christian big sister whom I believe will be true and devoted for the rest of our lives together. God's fingerprints are all over this sisterhood in more ways than I can enumerate, let alone explain succinctly. The brief version is that she has lived through so many of the specific challenges I am facing currently. She is a source of encouragement as well as wisdom and information. Further, the Lord reaffirmed my life verse when she entered my life: "Perhaps you have come into the kingdom for such a time as this." Precisely how that happened is a longer tale, but essentially, the Lord has been using me to minister to her even as she has been on hand to walk with me through my stormy season. I cannot even begin to explain the sense of joy I experience knowing with certainty that He has given us a gift in one another, and it is balanced and healthy. She is comfortable with my current "clingy" condition--kindly allowing me to email regularly and responding to me with love and gentleness that only a sister could deliver. Likewise, I have been filled by the Holy Spirit with important prayers for her and her family. God is teaching her how to more completely release her troubles to Him, and He is supplying her with the love and comfort that she is used to giving but not receiving. He is teaching us through each other. I never knew how much I wanted a sister until I had one. This kind of love is precisely what I need--safe, secure, healthy, non-sexual, supportive, and perfectly imperfect. The enemy has tried to push us around, but God has been faithful to protect this cherished sisterhood. THANK YOU, JESUS! I ask for your continued prayers for my financial and work situations. The road is about to become extremely bumpy. I also ask that you would pray for my "sister" and me--that we would grow stronger in Him and increasingly secure in the depth and devotion of our Christian sisterhood. Pray a hedge of protection around us both separately and together, that the relationship will be rich in sisterly intimacy but void of unhealthy co-dependence. Please also pray for God's help in a singing competition I've been in recently. I'll know by 7/27 if I am moving on to the next round. My goal is to make it to the finals. Finally, please pray for my daughter, as there will soon be some significant changes in our lives. Pray for her peace and for the Lord to make a way for us to prosper even in financial distress. I'm trying to keep our current rented villa and keep her in private Christian school. Thanks, all. I've been working a zillion hours and haven't had time to make it online much, but I will make the time to post some prayers for you, my cherished PWay friends, very soon. I love you all very much! Anne

#2 rws3

rws3

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:38 PM

great to hear of the positive changes! :) Lord, thank You for Your help in moving on from the relationship with L when it is not an easy task. thank You for the blessing of the bond of friendship with anne's Christian friend and the support it provides. we ask for Your protection and blessing upon this friendship. please continue to provide for anne's financial needs and make a way through the obstacles. give her the wisdom and strength to discern and follow Your will as You lead her through this difficult time. please bless and protect her daughter as well that she will have peace and joy and not be affected by the problems of the adults. thank You for Your care for anne. we trust You to guide her and sustain her. in Jesus' name, amen!

#3 Saved

Saved

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,619 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:43 PM

Lord-Thank you for the healing that has happened in Anne's life-I pray that she will continue to be healed emotionally.

#4 Mike4Hope

Mike4Hope

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:02 PM

PRAISE GOD ;o)

So happy for you Anne. :lol:

Will keep praying for finances, "sisterhood", career and precious.

#5 Anne27

Anne27

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:58 AM

Thanks, Mike...and all who have hung in with me, and even those who have just passed through with prayer. I wish I could tell you that it's all neat and tidy; it's not. However, I'm doing my best to speak words of deep thanks to the Lord for His blessings as I become aware of them. I'm also seeing more and more how slimy and detestable the enemy is--how consistently prepared he is to try and put a damper on our joy before we even have a chance to fully recognize it. Case in point: this precious sisterhood I've been given. Satan and his minions have been working overtime to fill me with doubts about its depth and certainty, even as there is no evidence of any kind to suggest that God has thrown me a red herring. I've found myself having to banish him aloud and follow that with praises to the Lord. I'm working my tail feathers off to stay focused on Christ and maintain my spiritual and mental health. Thanks, all, for your continued prayers. Lord Jesus, even as I am filled with gratitude for the blessings that have come my way of late, I find myself under continual assault--particularly in the places where I am most vulnerable...my heart and my old injuries. Lord, I know beyond question that you are growing me up in my faith as part of your purpose(s) for my life. I can feel myself being chiseled and sculpted. It feels wonderful and awful at the same time. The wonder of it is that you love me enough to do it, and to do it so lovingly and carefully. The awfulness is that it exposes every old injury, every fear, and every weakness to the bright light and the pain of close examination. It hurts...a LOT! I was likewise simultaneously amazed and yet unsurprised by the fears that have re-emerged in me through the blessing of a sister. There are days, Lord, when I simply can't seem to believe that it's real or mutual. I find myself scared to bits that I'll hear a "sorry, but..." just as I'm settling in to the belief that I'm finally being safely loved for a lifetime by another human being. Not ever having had a sister, Lord, I don't know what I can reasonably want or expect. A human version of unconditional love sounds good, but what about the steps that build it? I can't help hoping for silly things like shopping alongside more meaningful things like being introduced into the real family over time. Perhaps it was the recent trip home to see my biological and extended family that stirred up my anxiety. I feel so out of place with them, like I don't fully belong to my stepmother & half-brother (they sometimes say and do things that keep me completely outside the realm of "their" family). They call me "family" but then I find them often expressing the belief that my "real" (a.k.a. biological) family ought to be the source of my support and love. No kidding, but it just isn't there, Lord, and I don't even want it anymore. My biological family is so damaged, and has been so damaging to me, it's all I can do to get through a visit with them. My marriage was no better. Family membership there came with a level and intensity of judgment that hardly seemed fair or right--particularly considering how hard I tried to be a good wife and daughter to my inlaws. Lord, I feel as though I've spent my life as the ward of an adoption agency. Now, this lovely sister has come to me. Thank you Jesus for all of the assurances of her love and devotion you have given me. They are more than I have ever received from anyone. They are relaxed and steady. Just the same, Lord, I am asking for the assurance that I have been claimed as an intentional sister. You know just what that means to me, Lord. Father, the debt collectors keep calling and the IRS keeps threatening, my job is precarious and intense, and the family law matters are all closing in on me. I am entering the strongest storm bands of this hurricane season in my life. Please, Lord, keep the comfort and assurance coming the whole way so that I can make it through to the clear skies and love and serve you better because of the journey. And forgive me, Lord, if I pray that my new sister will be there with me the whole time and long afterward. Thank you, Jesus, for hearing my prayers and for whatever answers you see fit to offer. I pray these things in Jesus' Name. Amen.

#6 Aleona13

Aleona13

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:29 AM

Father, we thank You and Praise You for all the wonderful blessings You granted to Anne. Please keep taking care of her and her daughter, keep them in Your loving hands and guide them in their life the way that will lead them to prosperity and happiness. In Jesus name, Amen

#7 felicia

felicia

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:57 PM

hey there, glad that you can see the horizon finally. i am so happy to read the happiness in your words. Father continue to provide for anne, bless her abundantly above what she asks, bless her relationship with her new sister, thank you for giving her someone whom she feels a connection with, someone to fellowship with as You created us to connect with one another, bless her princess, her job, and her endeavors. thank you that You have released her from her wait and for the strength she has developed in this walk with You, in Jesus name, Amen.

#8 patches

patches

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,527 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:44 PM

Hi Anne, I want to thank you personally for being my loving friend all these years. Praying together, crying together and comforting one another, though living far apart but our Loving Father is the Bridge in everything we do. Praise God for all the negative things that strengthen you. Praise God even more for the positive response from Him. God knows you deserve the good things because you believe in His saving and healing grace. I will continue to pray for your needs dear Anne. Thank you for your many prayers for me and my family. Father, whatever the plan this sister has now and in the future, let it all centred around You. I plead the blood of Jesus upon her and people around her, Father. Protect her always from harm and evil. Bless her with Your wisdom, love, peace, joy, strength and properity, Father. Thank You, Father for Your many blessings upon her. May You increase her territories. May Your hands be upon her so that she will not do evil so that it will not caused her pain. Praise God. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

#9 angeladawn

angeladawn

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:13 PM

Lord, my heart is happy to hear that Anne has such a support in her life with this "sister". Lord, thank You. Lord, again, You do not and will not forsake Your children. The road is not always smooth, but Lord, if we follow Your lead we see the light. Lord, Anne has followed and she see's the light, thank You. Lord, I continue my prayer for Anne's well being financially, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Lord, I ask for Your favor with her finances and the IRS. I also ask for Your favor in her singing. I know You have such wonders in store for her as she is slowly seeing. In the Lord's name I pray, Amen.

#10 peggyrose

peggyrose

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 02:29 PM

PRAISE YOU FATHER for all that You have done for anne. keep this friendship strong. help anne with all her needs. bless her always with peace and happiness. in Jesus name amen

#11 Anne27

Anne27

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:03 AM

Praises here! Yeah God! I have been praying faithfully in the Spirit for some serious family issues that have been weighing down on a precious Christian sister of mine. The Lord answered the other day, and there is good reason to believe that there is LIGHT shining into her situation too. So, I am asking for your prayers for a sister, R, who has been at the center of an intense battle with the enemy for her health and for her soul. She has been suffering with SEVERE alcoholism for years. It has ruined her life and her family and her health. She had a huge break through recently, and I know that it is because her sister and I have been praying about it night and day. Please pray that R is finally on the road to full recovery and that she will not slip back into the clutches of the enemy. R's sister is a very dear Christian sister of mine and has been exhausted from the years of drama. So, I am praying for R's health and sustained commitment to sobriety as much as for my friend's release from the chronic cycles of drama. Thanks all, for your prayers! I KNOW this site is blessed by God, and I truly love you all!. More soon! Anne

#12 ziona

ziona

Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:42 AM

I praise JEHOVAH for you Anne, this is exactly where GOD wants us to be and i know that HE will be proud of you for saying 'if this cup can pass over me, nevertheless not my will but thine'. GOD's will for you is glory my dear Sister and HE is committed to making sure that weeping may endure for a night(no matter how long the night is) but joy will most definitely come in the morning. I rejoice with you because this is the first step to healing and Woman Thou Art Indeed Healed of Thine Infirmity in JESUS MIGHTY NAME. Heavenly father i know that your thoughts towards Anne are good and not evil, please hasten your word to perform that which you promised to all those who wait upon you and glorify your name in her life. I trust you that you are a great GOD above all gods and that she will soon have cause to rejoice and to testify in JESUS NAME, AMEN!!!

#13 AlinaGrace

AlinaGrace

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:06 PM

Anne, what a lovely praise report! Thank you so much Lord! Lord please continue to help Anne in all of her ways, bless her, her daughter and her friend, take care of her financial situation, and the competition results!

#14 Anne27

Anne27

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:56 AM

Lord, thanks you beyond words for my new "sister" C, who has been like an angel to me. How could I love a "real" sister anymore than this one. She tells me she loves me (and I actually believe her...and she was even the one to say those words FIRST!...and I never even have to prompt her to say them!!!!) but I can't even imagine why. It is surely your goodness and mercy and nothing in me that could draw this dear one into my life. Father, I'd have gone through all of the garbage stuff in my life twice over if the result was that I'd end up with an honest to goodness sister like this! I sure hope, dear Jesus, that you know how truly thankful I am for this completely unexpected blessing. No amount of gratitude seems sufficient.

Father, I also hope that you won't think I'm greedy when I ask you to show me for certain that she's a keeper--that finally in my life there is someone who is really in with me for the long haul--that she's truly thinking of me as a sister--that I am important in her life and she won't ever trade me in or ditch me. It sounds so absurd to be worried about these things, Lord, but I've let the wrong people in too close before and the result was so much sadness and disappointment. Those occurences were my mistake because I didn't check in with you first. Lord, it's not too late for me to keep my distance and lower my expectations down to "friend" status. I am stopped dead in my tracks now, as I wait on you to show me for sure whether or not I have a lifelong sister on my hands--one who will want to hang out and who will always be there and who loves me like family. I believe, Lord, that you have known how deep my longing has been for just that sort of human relationship, and I looked in all the wrong places to find it. Now there is someone who is a spiritual giant--totally in love with you--and doesn't put inappropriate stuff on my plate or inspire me to put in on hers. I'm close to full acceptance, Lord, but I need your confirmation. I need to be sure if this is a lifer or a just passin' through thing.

Lord, help me to be fully dependent on you, and not to want from C or anyone what ought to rightly come from you and you alone. I am so eager, dear Jesus, to be right with you, and to keep growing up in my faith. I just ask that you forgive me my need for a bit extra in the realm of human relationships. Sometimes, Lord, I just want to be hugged by a flesh-and-blood sister and walk and chat and have fun times with a sister that is here on earth. So much of my past has been with people who should have cared for me responsibly really messing me up and hurting me. I need someone close and safe.

Please bless C, no matter what, Lord. Help her to be completely covered by your grace at all times. Prosper her and her real family, Lord, if for no other reason than for the kindness she has shown me so far.

Thanks Lord, for listening to me all the time, but especially today when I am so overwhelmed by IRS garbage and so many rigid changes at work. I love you, Lord. And I promise to always love you more than ANYONE or ANYTHING else! I offer these prayers in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

#15 Anne27

Anne27

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 01:26 PM

Lord, Abba Father, Adonai...

I am coming to you in quite the mixed up state today. On the one hand, I am filled with your righteous fire and contempt for the enemy. On the other, I'm feeling broken and low. Please use me, Lord, to cast out the darkness that is trying to take hold in my life and in the lives of people I love. Let me be bold because I am under your OMNIPOTENT shield of protection.

More and more I see what a loser the enemy is, and how pathetic! He will use anything he can to try and bring us down--particularly when we are filled with your Holy Spirit and coasting on the joy of your goodness. It seems that each and every time there is real good in our lives, that nasty one-trick pony comes nosing around and trying to spoil things. For days, Lord, I have been sad because of the job he's been doing on the vulnerable places of my heart, but today, Lord, I'm angry. I'm just so sick of him and his perpetual plays on the same old lie from the Garden! I just needed to come here this afternoon, Lord, to publicly proclaim his nothingness, and to do so under the blood and righteousness of Jesus!

Lord, the evil one is a liar. He is the weak one. He is jealous. He tangles with us because he's not fit to mess with you. He's been spending the past week whispering, shouting, and everything in between to eat away at my faith and my joy. He has been doing the same in the lives of people whom I love. I'm sick of it today, Lord, really sick of it. I'm here to claim Christ and His enduring Love and Truth for myself, my loved ones, and this PrayWay community!

Lord, he wants me to believe that I am alone and that the people I love will never love me as much as I love them. He wants to convince me that my brokeness is permanent. I wants me to writhe in pain over my sins--past, present, and future. He want to convince me that you won't really come through, and that my needs will never be met--my desires never fulfilled. ENOUGH, in the Name of Jesus!

He wants to speak lies to my precious Christian brothers and sisters, here and in my church family. He hates my new sisterhood and it's power that comes through you. He hates every effort C's sister makes to break the bondage of alcoholism. He hates my co-worker, N, whose loving heart has been opened to foster children. He hates my gifts and talents. He hates everything that is good and of you. ENOUGH, in the Name of Jesus!

That miserable, pathetic demon and his kind hate this community of prayer. They cackle and spit on the prayers we raise in support of one another and in support of our families and loved ones. He's a wretched outcast and wants us to live like wretched outcasts with him. He's all full of the foul stench of death and destruction, and he wants to overcome us with despair and hopelessness. ENOUGH, in the Name of Jesus!

God of the Universe, Maker of Heaven and earth, I claim you for every broken piece of me, and for every broken piece of the ones I love. I claim your power and strength and truth and righteousness and healing and love over myself, my little princess, my new sister C, her sister R, my co-workers N & S! I place this whole PrayWay community under your secure covering and rebuke that LIAR--that petty thief who fancies himeself powerful. ENOUGH, in the MATCHLESS NAME OF JESUS!

OUT SATAN! BE GONE! YOU AND YOUR KIND HAVE NO PLACE HERE!!! NO ONE IS INTERESTED IN THE CHEAP GOODS YOU'RE SELLING!!!! Take your hands OFF me! Take your filthy hands off the people I love! Take your hands off the young boy battling suicide and depression! Take your hands off his family! Take your cancerous "paws" off N! Take your filthy abusive fingers off the young girls in her church! Breathe your nasty alcoholic breath somewhere far away from precious R. STAY AWAY FROM MY CHILD and ALL the PrayWAY children!!! Keep your double-dealing, cheating hands off marriages and jobs represented in these threads. Get AWAY from my special sister C!

EVIL ONE: GET OUT!!!! NO ONE IS INTERESTED! WE ARE COVERED BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS! WE HAVE HOMES IN HEAVEN! WE LOVE CHRIST AND WE PITY YOU! YOU ARE NOTHING AND YOU ARE NO MATCH FOR OUR GOD! HE DEFENDS US, SO GIVE UP AND GET OUT, IN THE PERFECTLY HOLY< OMNICIENT< OMNIPOTENT < OMNIPRESENT < ALL LOVING <ALL MERCIFUL < ALL GRACIOUS MATCHLESS NAME OF JESUS!!!! AMEN!