12 replies to this topic

#1 ekikaseven

ekikaseven

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:54 PM

Would you mind saying a prayer for me? I am feeling old, ancient, fat, dumpy & any other names you can imagine. People think I'm much older than I actually am. I'm overweight, I think that contributes to it. My sister is visiting me. We are just 3 years apart. One lady commented that she thought she was my daughter. Another lady asked her if she was my granddaugther! People are always making comments me, strangers make comments to me about me looking older. I never say such mean things to others, so its not like I'm 'sowing' bad seeds. Matter-of-fact, I'm always helping others people, strangers, etc. I've been trying to lose weight for a while. Not successful however. I did lose 7 pounds. However, I get depressed & end up 'eating for comfort'. This causes me to gain more weight. I gained alot of weight due to medications I'm taking for my physical painful conditions. I'm just extremely depressed. I really don't know what to pray. Please pray for me. Thanks in advance.

#2 anniechan333

anniechan333

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:30 PM

Would you mind saying a prayer for me?

I am feeling old, ancient, fat, dumpy & any other names you can imagine.
People think I'm much older than I actually am. I'm overweight, I think that contributes to it.
My sister is visiting me. We are just 3 years apart. One lady commented that she thought she was my daughter. Another lady asked her if she was my granddaugther!
People are always making comments me, strangers make comments to me about me looking older.

I never say such mean things to others, so its not like I'm 'sowing' bad seeds. Matter-of-fact, I'm always helping others people, strangers, etc.
I've been trying to lose weight for a while. Not successful however. I did lose 7 pounds. However, I get depressed & end up 'eating for comfort'. This causes me to gain more weight. I gained alot of weight due to medications I'm taking for my physical painful conditions.

I'm just extremely depressed. I really don't know what to pray.

Please pray for me.

Thanks in advance.

Hey brother, I can assure you that you are not alone. I have known of men who look older or much older than they actually are. In fact, many men seem to look older than they actually are. I suppose it's becos men tend to work harder than women (I say this with due respect to all the sisters out there) and women tend to take greater care (if not much greater care) of their looks. I have two male colleagues who look older than they are. One looks way beyond his years. I have initially thought that he's in his late fifties until I was told that he is only in his mid-forites. The other man, who is only 31 this year, was thought to be much older (by two strangers). The strangers told him that they had thought he is his wife's father (Incidentally, the wife is the same age as he is).

------

Father, please help this brother not to be affected by what people say about his looks. Please help him to slim down so that he'll look more his age and also for his health's sake. Whatever health issues he may have right now, I ask that You heal him permanently and totally soon. Bless him with a youthful look, God, just as You have done for me. Give him a healthy sense of self, so that he'll not be easily affected by what people say. Help him to have a wholesome image of himself, so that he'll not eat whenever he feels down or depressed. Father, please help him to work on his depression, so that he'll be completely and permanently set free from it soon. Father, please glorify Jesus, through Your answers. Amen.

#3 rws3

rws3

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:05 PM

Lord, please help this person to feel how valuable and loved they are by You! we ask for wisdom and strength to make healthy choices. please break any strongholds of depression or addiction to food! bring them a partner to help and support them through this process. fill them with hope that things can and will change with Your help! release them from these emotional burdens and help them make the physical changes to be healthier. in Jesus' name, amen!

#4 ekikaseven

ekikaseven

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:35 PM

thank you so much for your prayers. I am a female, so that makes it really hard. G-d bless you.

#5 Christiangal

Christiangal

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:29 AM

My loving Father in heaven and dear Lord I lift my dear brother to You. Help him to know that he lives for You alone. Hold him close. Walk with him every day. Whisper gently into his ears. Remind him of Your unconditional Love. I pray in the Name of Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.

#6 Friend of peace

Friend of peace

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,958 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:53 AM

God, I pray for Ekikaseven that You will help her to lose weight and eat when she is hungry and for physical nourishment and not merely for emotional reasons when she is not hungry. Please heal her quickly and completely and permanently from whatever painful physical conditions she is experiencing. Let her be in total good health. Let people not say mean things to her. Let these people repent and become Christians if they aren't already. God, we declare that Ekikaseven is young, beautiful, healthy, and the right weight. Let her look at herself and believe in herself the way You do. Give her great self-love and great self-esteem. In Jesus' name, amen.

#7 patches

patches

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,527 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:09 AM

thank you so much for your prayers.

I am a female, so that makes it really hard.

G-d bless you.

Hi Ekika, I don't care whether you are fat, ugly, whatever you call it, I LOVE YOU. Yes dear Sister, I know our Loving Father loves you so much. He sees something in you that others did not see. He sees your heart and He knows your thoughts. That is why in God's eyes, you are beautiful. Ekika, God loves you so much. You are His prayer partner. You are a Prayer Warrior. I can tell you through my own observation that people who look so beautiful from the outside are often people who do not have the peace of Jesus inside their mind, body and souls. Start right now, praising God and thank Him for giving you another day to breathe, to worship Him and to glorify His name. Sing praise and worship songs, so that you will focus upon Jesus and not situation around you. Remember God says in His Word, that you can do all things through Jesus Christ that strengthen you. Amen.

Holy Father, I seek Your mercy and Your grace right now upon my dear friend, Ekikaseven. I ask for Your divine help upon her that she is fill with Your love, peace, joy and empowered by Your Words. Father, kill all improper and negative thoughts of herself as soon as they arise. Help her to stop this wrong thoughts from mounting into problems. O Father, give her the strength to feel so beautiful. Bless her with thought of right thinking and have plenty of good sleep and rest. Lord, I command every spirit that caused this dear sister to feel inferior to leave her right now. She is the child of God. She is beautiful, loving and kind. You love her and Your presence is seen and felt in her. Thank You, Father. I ask that Your Holy Spirit will guide Ekika to turn her eyes upon Jesus. May she look full in His wonderful face. And the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace. Thank You, Father. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

#8 Atime

Atime

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:25 AM

Isaiah 53 (Contemporary English Version)

1 Has anyone believed us

or seen the mighty power

of the LORD in action?

2 Like a young plant or a root

that sprouts in dry ground,

the servant grew up

obeying the LORD.

He wasn't some handsome king.

Nothing about the way he looked

made him attractive to us.

3 He was hated and rejected;

his life was filled with sorrow

and terrible suffering.

No one wanted to look at him.

We despised him and said,

"He is a nobody!"

4 He suffered and endured

great pain for us,

but we thought his suffering

was punishment from God.

5 He was wounded and crushed

because of our sins;

by taking our punishment,

he made us completely well.

I know how feel, it's funny i was just recently thinking about this (concerning myself)
and God reminded me of this verse. That Christ is our high priest who knows (and cares about our infirmity) Every doubt , every shortcoming, every thing that would take us away from the greatness God has called us to.
Keep in mind, d'evil (as i call him and his) will use any advantage to stop us from delivering the word to others, as well as rejoicing in our deliverance. We are wonderfully and fearfully made. (Psalms139:14)
Having said this: what do we (i'm in it with you) do?

1. Let's Pray
Dear God,
Thank You for Your Son that has walked this way before us, and has made available comfort and victory over this situation. Let not one arrow or dart of the adversary have impact or leave a mark, when directed at us. Thank You that anything that is said in this area washes over, and does not cause any hurt feelings or cause insecurity. In fact turn it around where it (age-not old) becomes an distinguish or attractive quality in this person. Thank You if there are things ; hairstyle, clothes, etc. that will make them more comfortable, or look according to their desire ( to continue in boldness in presenting) Your Word, show how to do this. Also give greater confidence in You, and strength, and acceptance that what cannot be changed, they are content and happy with. In Christ our Comforter name ---Amen

2. Check out styles
sometimes (even with too much weight)- styles and fit of clothing, can have a lot to do with how old( since no one should be over 25 any more) we look. also hairstyles. u dont have go radically young, but something up to date. i dont know if this is what the problem is or if it is u just have a more mature looking face. ( this can feel bad, my mother could pass for a teenager,[when she was close to 50] , i was 15 [no exaggeration], this irked me no end! needless to say all my brothers and sisters inherited this trait, except me and one of my brothers. On the other hand, people tend to think my brother and i are smarter (we look more mature, old)- i dont dissuade them. Work with what u got. (botox, cosmetic surgery,? maybe? if your 'look' is not what u want, do those things that remove the distraction in your mind from what God would have you to do.)

3.Feed yourself the Word of God
its easier to fend off things that would hinder us, if we can see ourselves as God does.
The Word of God is the part of us with power, the part of us the can effect change. Beauty is a small part, (and very temporary), of what makes a person attractive.
Keep in mind, when you are of God, people of God are will be more likely to find you attractive, and people who arent, wont. Personality, confidence, having a certain ease can all contribute to how people perceive u.

4. Try not to take it to heart
people have a tendency to comment on others people's appearance. whether the person is tall or short or thin or this or that. No matter how beautiful someone is, someone else will point out something they see as a flaw. an example is movie stars,and models, from the fashions they wear to dress size. They are generally physically beautiful people, yet often people will criticize the way one or another looks, myself included, human nature. If the 'ideal' is so harshly judged (and without real sentiment ), why take it as a true measurement against yourself. Of course we all like compliments, why feel bad about some thing that has so little bearing on who you are? Turn it into joke or be direct and speak up and say it did not edify you. when you confront it especially with the Word, it ceases to have power. Or just acknowledge the comment. 'Yep, she does look young, ... but i got the inheritance (joke) .....thanks for the compliment(to the point it was not a compliment to you) ......Amazing we're only a year apart, she's got great genes. (acknowledge)- You probably dont need me to tell u this. Just dont take it too deeply, we all have days when we feel like we are less (any non-compliment becomes our proof), but God is the same every day, try not to get caught up in comparisons. It has no meaning!

5.Look on the bright side
Every body gets older looking sooner or later--if their so blessed. I had a friend who in tenth-grade started going bald, receding hair-line and all. Not much fun for a teen-ager. Or was it? After a while, he realize he could get into any club, go anywhere, without anyone asking for ID. (he also had an older build, and face), by the next year he was one of the most popular guys at school. We always got to do what we wanted we hung out with him, go anywhere. Any way you never know how something can work to your advantage, i always liked that about him, he didnt let it take him down. i on the other hand, would have been depressed and sat around being sad.
PS - He looks almost exactly the same, he aged early and it stuck. Now he looks younger than almost all the rest of us. So you never know.

One last thing, out of this million and a half words, know this that no matter what the situation, ask God. He will show you every thing you need to know and do to deal with what your going thru. So try not to dwell too much in depressive emotions, but let God show you the victory over what is troubling you. (i know that's what u were doing; w/this prayer line) God Bless

#9 alijahspal

alijahspal

Advanced Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:42 AM

I'm lifting you up to Jesus. May He wrap His arms around you and draw you close. May you feel His loving presence in all you do. Asking He bless your life with His peace and joy. Thank you Jesus amen.

#10 anniechan333

anniechan333

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:57 AM

thank you so much for your prayers.

I am a female, so that makes it really hard.

G-d bless you.

I understand. :) Sorry for thinking that you are a brother.

Sister, please try to visualise the new look that you want for yourself, if possible, daily. I have read a book by a famous (at least to me) Christian author, Marilyn Hickey, and in that book, she mentioned that God told her about the visualisation technique that will bring forth what she or anyone wants. I have recently visited a church service in which the pastor shared about how the dream of a sister came to pass because she had been visualising about it (her dream concerning her marriage) since the time she was 12 years old.

Fat people need not look old and ugly. I know of fat people who look good and young. It's a matter of perception.

God bless you with youthfulness. Receive it by first believing that it will come to pass for you. :)

#11 blooms6122

blooms6122

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:15 PM

Hello dear sister in Christ! I SO know how you feel.I am very overweight,and I also look older than I am,and I have had the comments too.(although I don't think anyone meant any harm,sometimes I think people just don't think before they speak) I realized(actually,-think God revealed it to me) that satan was trying to get me to focus on what was missing in my life,so that I would take my eyes of God.satan is such a dirty player,and he will use these weaknessess in us,if they will help take your focus of Jesus and destroy your relationship with our Father. It has been my experience that God will try to help with the things that worry you ,or are a concern,for He cares deeply for you.I have noticed that God will bring these things up just because you are sad about them,for He is the great Comforter,and He cannot deny who He is.If He gave up His only Son for you,you can bet He cares about what makes you sad.Trust Him dear sister,and tell Him how you feel,and give it all to Him.And have Faith!!Remember,anything is possible if you believe. Father,I feel really sad for this sister.Please comfort her heart,and mend the damage that hurtful words have caused to her heart.Give her a vision of how You see her,and how those who love her see her.Help her to hand over all her hurts and pain and depression to You,for You care deeply for her,and I know,You will turn this situation around for the good.I also ask,Father,that You lift the burden of depression from her,and give ekikaseven a fresh mental and spiritual outlook,and that You address these concerns that she has wiht her.Thankyou Father that You are a Loving God,and that You indeed have all the answers to everything! In the name of Jesus Christ I pray.Amen.

#12 ekikaseven

ekikaseven

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:36 PM

Thank you all so VERY much for your kind words of comfort & your prayers. They mean much more to me than you will ever know. G-d bless each one of you.

#13 patches

patches

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,527 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:29 PM

Thank you all so VERY much for your kind words of comfort & your prayers.
They mean much more to me than you will ever know.

G-d bless each one of you.

Hi Ree, glad you sound positive. Remember we love you. God loves you. Rebuke the spirit of pessimism, the spirit of glutony, the spirit of darkness daily in Jesus' name. Ask Jesus to come to your rescue. May His light brighten you up and the darkness must go in Jesus' name. Amen.