2 replies to this topic

#1 Revival@Heart

Revival@Heart

Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:22 AM

Dear Brothers & Sisters, Please would you again pray with me & my family as we truly need divine intervention in all areas of our life, family & marriage. As you all know my marriage is truly a master piece of God’s handy work, God has restored our love, passion and every emotional area of our relationship. We are also very founded in the word of God and I have taken my role as the head & spiritual leader of our family, my prayer just is that we will follow after God’s heart and be His hands and feet every possible way and do His will and not ours. I want our lives to be honorable to God and live a life of Worship & Bible reading. My hearts desire is for our family also to be in full time ministry and I believe we have a calling upon our lives. I would like to study Theology again and also study Psychology and counseling to go into Pastoring & Marriage counseling. My wife has a desire to sing and I believe God has anointed her voice for ministry please pray that if it is in God’s will that He will be our provision and that we may pursue our hearts desire yet also according to His perfect will and plan. Else that we both may have open doors in a good job where we may be able to provide a good home for our children. We have a beautiful Daughter Zaydene Amaya Khan and have just heard that my wife might be expecting our next child as she has ALL the signs for a month now and we will go for her pregnancy test tomorrow. Please also pray that if God has decided to bless us with our next child that He may take away any fear of finances and any other fears and that we may be the parents both our children required. Currently my wife lives with her parents and I’m renting a room in someone’s flat due to lack of finances, please pray for financial outpouring upon our marriage. Also that we both as we now go for our learner and drivers license that we may be blessed with a car each. Please please please pray for all these areas and for God’s perfect will & plan for our lives to unfold. Raymond Zane Khan & Valdene Merle Khan

#2 vladimir

vladimir

PrayWay Member

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:34 PM

Me and my wife have prayed for you all. I know that the lord will bless and guide you all! We prayed for the holy spirit to guide and bless you all in every way. vladimir&lucy

#3 RevDan

RevDan

Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:45 PM

I am reminded of the Prayer of Jabez found in 1 Chronicles 4:9 - 10 (NASB) which says 9Jabez was more honorable than his brothers, and his mother named him Jabez saying, “Because I bore him with pain.” 10Now Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, “Oh that You would bless me indeed and enlarge my border, and that Your hand might be with me, and that You would keep me from harm that it may not pain me!” And God granted him what he requested. Matthew Henry Commentary has a lot to say about these verses: The most remarkable person in this chapter is Jabez. We are not told upon what account Jabez was more honourable than his brethren; but we find that he was a praying man. The way to be truly great, is to seek to do God’s will, and to pray earnestly. Here is the prayer he made. Jabez prayed to the living and true God, who alone can hear and answer prayer; and, in prayer he regarded him as a God in covenant with his people. He does not express his promise, but leaves it to be understood; he was afraid to promise in his own strength, and resolved to devote himself entirely to God. Lord, if thou wilt bless me and keep me, do what thou wilt with me; I will be at thy command and disposal for ever. As the text reads it, this was the language of a most ardent and affectionate desire, Oh that thou wouldest bless me! Four things Jabez prayed for. 1. That God would bless him indeed. Spiritual blessings are the best blessings: God’s blessings are real things, and produce real effects. 2. That He would enlarge his coast. That God would enlarge our hearts, and so enlarge our portion in himself, and in the heavenly Canaan, ought to be our desire and prayer. 3. That God’s hand might be with him. God’s hand with us, to lead us, protect us, strengthen us, and to work all our works in us and for us, is a hand all-sufficient for us. 4. That he would keep him from evil, the evil of sin, the evil of trouble, all the evil designs of his enemies, that they might not hurt, nor make him a Jabez indeed, a man of sorrow. God granted that which he requested. God is ever ready to hear prayer: his ear is not now heavy. There was also a book written on the subject, below is a summary: Excerpts from the Prayer of Jabez Book and Additional Thoughts 1) Jabez is asking that God would bless him abundantly. a) He is not asking for anything specific, he is leaving that up to God. B) Why should we ask for blessings from God? So we can be more of a blessing to others. c) Spiritual blessings are the best blessings: God’s blessings are real things, and produce real effects. i) Deuteronomy 28: 1-12 (NIV) 1If you fully obey the LORD your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations on earth. 2 All these blessings will come upon you and accompany you if you obey the LORD your God: 3 You will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country…… 9The LORD will establish you as his holy people, as he promised you on oath, if you keep the commands of the LORD your God and walk in his ways. 10Then all the peoples on earth will see that you are called by the name of the LORD, and they will fear you. 11The LORD will grant you abundant prosperity—in the fruit of your womb, the young of your livestock and the crops of your ground—in the land he swore to your forefathers to give you. 12The LORD will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands. You will lend to many nations but will borrow from none. ii) Luke 11:10 (NIV) 10For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. 11“Which of you fathers, if your son asks for£ a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!” 2) That He would enlarge our coast or boarders or his sphere of influence for God individually and collectively as a Church. a) He is asking for more of God in his life, that God would use him more. B) In other words he is saying to God, O God, please expand my opportunities and my impact in such as way that I touch more lives for Your Glory. This is another way of asking God for a Miracle in your life…. c) Scripture i) In the Parable of the Talents in Matthew 25: 14-30 would you rather be the one with the one talent, or the one with ten? 3) God’s hand is with us, to lead us, protect us, strengthen us, and to work all works in us and for us, and is a hand all-sufficient for us. a) Scripture i) Deuteronomy 28:7 - 13 (NIV) 7The LORD will grant that the enemies who rise up against you will be defeated before you. They will come at you from one direction but flee from you in seven. ……. 13The LORD will make you the head, not the tail. If you pay attention to the commands of the LORD your God that I give you this day and carefully follow them, you will always be at the top, never at the bottom. ii) John 17:11 (NIV) 11I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name—the name you gave me—so that they may be one as we are one. 4) That He would keep him from evil, the evil of sin, the evil of trouble, all the evil designs of his enemies, that they might not hurt, nor make him a Jabez indeed, a man of sorrow. a) 2 Timothy 4:18 (NIV) 18The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen. B) Luke 21:17 - 19 (NIV) 17 All men will hate you because of me. 18But not a hair of your head will perish. 19 By standing firm you will gain life. 5) God granted that which he requested. a) God is ever ready to hear prayer: his ear is not now heavy. i) John 14:11 - 14 (NIV) 11Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. 12I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. 14You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it. I pray this prayer for you and your family: that God would bless us abundantly so that you and your family can be a blessing to others. I also pray that God would help you and your family to grow spiritually and that He would provide the tools you need so that may have more of an impact on the world around you. And in this process, that God would place a Hedge of Protection around you and your family that you would be able to stand firm and fight the enemy. In Jesus Name, Amen!! I would suggest that you study this information and come up with your own pray based on these verses. Then stand back and see what the Lord will do in your lif....