32 replies to this topic

#1 Wilhelm

Wilhelm

Advanced Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:08 AM

I have finally summoned up the courage to confess all my sins and wrongdoins to my beloved wife. I was tooo cowardly to ever tell her the whole truth, but on Thursday night, I made a promise to God never ever to tell a lie again to anybody! I have been getting intensive psychiatric treatment for the disorder which has led to this behaviour and I am told that my prognosis is fairly good. However, given the humiliation, trauma and psychological manipulation I have subjected my wife to, she feels she can no longer carry on in a marriage with me. She has wished me well and asked for a fair divorce settlement. I have undertaken to give her EVERYTHING and to walk away with nothing. In addition, I have undertaken to continue to rake care of her and our two children financially for as long as they are at school. However, I am praying and hoping fervently that she might see that I am straining every sinew in my profoundly ashamed body to mend my ways and be the husband to her and the father to our children she has always wanted me to be. I pray God will grant me a "stay of execution" and allow the time she needs to heal from her hurt and anger in order for her/our healing process to begin. Dear loving, heavenly Father, You have given me such overwhelming insight into my own faults and shortcomings and have given me the courage to face them head-on. When my days have seemed too dark to venture into, you have given me the strenght to press on regardless. You have held your hand over my beloved family and have guided them and kept them safe. Thank you for your overwhelming love and never-ending generosity. I pray you will hasten the healing of my beloved wife's broken heart and create in her heart a space where I might be returned to before the seemingly inevitable divorce becomes a reality. You speak to me each day and give me a ray of hope, yet I feel so unworthy of your love and frogiveness, I do not understand how I could even have the audacity to ask you to have my Beloved wife forgive me. Heal her, Lord, guide her and protect her. She is my all and my only one. In Jesus' name, AMEN!

#2 Mike4Hope

Mike4Hope

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:13 PM

Abba Father: Please care for this brother seated at the foot of the cross. Please allow him to believe and trust in Your forgiveness. We ask that he can be patient and reflect Jesus in all he says, thinks and does regarding asking the forgiveness of his wife. Lord we know nothing is ever over until You say it is. Please give us the strength to remain strong in our faith that You will. In Jesus name, Amen

#3 Wilhelm

Wilhelm

Advanced Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:27 AM

Dearest, loving Lord and Father I praise you unendingly for the work you are doing in answering all the prayers for the healing of my marriage. You have convinced my beloved wife to go to counseling with me, a thing she has previously completely refused to consider. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! You are the answer and You are the way forward for me, the ONLY way I know I could attempt to walk this path. I pray with my entire being, Father, that you will heal her broken heart and comfort her anxious soul about any misgivings. Please give her peace and comfort in the knowledge that there IS a way she can go forward with me by her side and that moving away from me will NOT be the answer. Please help her to see that I have INDEED comitted to changing my evil, sinning ways and am completely honest and comitted in my dedication henceforth to YOU, to her, to our two beautiful little children and to my profession, which will ensure their security and wellbeing. Lord God, I also pray for each and every other relationship which has been and is being tested for whatever reason. Grant each of these individuals the strength, love, comfort and guidance which you have so limitlessly showered upon me. In the name of our only Saviour, Jesus Christ, AMEN!

#4 Mike4Hope

Mike4Hope

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:36 AM

Lord, I ask that You are present in the counseling session this afternoon. Please direct all thoughts and conversations. Please give the counselor Your words of wisdom, forgiveness and healing. Please melt hearts. We ask for Your will; in Jesus name, Amen

#5 rws3

rws3

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 03:20 PM

Lord, we know that You can work miracles and we pray that You will use the results of this counseling session to reunite this couple. please help to resolve the issues here and bridge the gap between them. we pray for the right people to be placed in wilhelm's path to help him along. thank You for forgiveness and mercy. we pray that You will be the mediator in this relationship and draw them back to You and one another. in Jesus' name, amen!

#6 Manasseh Lului

Manasseh Lului

Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 05:46 PM

My dear beloved brother in Christ, Your situation is similar to what I am going through. However, my wife has been blaming my blood family for bringing all the pain and hurt into her life. She cannot handle it any longer so she had to leave the home to go and leave her own life. She is also blaming me (which I took) for not defending her against the verbal attacks from my family. My only failure was that I had not defended her as the head of the family which didn't go down well with her. Her leaving the home was her way of saying I don't trust you. Apart from this I had been there for her in almost everything. My brother, I can already see the sunshine in your life whichever way the next page turns. The Lord has already led you through three quarters of your challenge and revealed to you what you need to do, which you have already started doing. He will not leave you there until He has completed that which He has begun in you. The Holy Spirit is ever ready to melt your wife's heart and bring her under the banner of the cross and meet you there. The Holy Spirit is already at work, which is already evident in your life. When you are truly and fully ready He will bring your wife along. My brother, remember where there's a will there's a way. And that way is in and through Jesus Christ, our Lord. We will continue to uphold you and your wife in prayer, each day. God Bless. I am planning to reconcile with my blood family on Sunday (14/06/09). Therefore, I need your prayers. My mum had a dream in the early hours of yesterday (09/06/09) morning. In her dream, she saw Jesus coming down to take the righteous home to heaven. As she looked up she saw a stair coming down and suspended in the air. She saw the righteous moving up to where the staircase was and climbing it one by one. As the righteous were moving up, my sister appeared and wanted to climb but couldn't, then she said I always prayed every day, but mum said what you were doing was right but you were not careful with your tongue. Your tongue has cost you eternal life. As mum was watching I came along and stood a few meters away from where the righteous were queuing up. Then mum looked at me and said, "Son you see this people are queuing up to climb the stair to heaven. We couldn't made it because of the differences between you and us regarding your wife." After this she saw my two-year-old nephew dressed in white moving closer ready to climb the stair. Then she called out to him and said, "son when you meet your uncle (referring to me) in heaven let him know that the rest of the family didn't make it because of all their unconfessed sins." My beloved brother, the Lord has shown me, through mum that before He could answer our prayers, I need to reconcile with my family. The differences I with my family has become a stumbling block and a hindrance to our many prayers. The bible says, if I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me. In other part, it says my sins have separated me from God, therefore He is unable to hear me. I truly believe that after this reconciliation some good things will happen to our home. Please I need prayers between now and Sunday (14/06/09) in order for a true and genuine reconciliation to take place.

#7 GodsGirlKristie

GodsGirlKristie

New Prayer Poster

• Members2
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:39 PM

Father God, protect and heal this marriage, this husband give full healing from his afflictions and raise him up to be the husband You intend and need him to be to this wife, and raise this wife up to be the wife you intend for this husband, a Proverbs 31 wife Father. Your word states that what You have joined together, let no one tear asunder, and so it shall be as Your word never returns void but goes forth and performs that for which it was spoken. We declare this marriage healed and restored in the precious Name of Jesus, we plead the blood over this marriage, the life giving blood of Jesus and new life will rise up in this husband, new love in this couple, new life in this marriage, and all things shall be made new in the Name of Jesus. Plant a hedge of thorns around this couple and hedge them up in the protection of the Holy Spirit. Give this couple the sound mind of Christ, sound emotions, and rebuke and bind the enemy and his minions from this couple and this marriage. The Lord Jesus Christ rebuke and bind you satan, and all your demons and all of your hosts and cast you into the outer darkness to await your judgement, you are bound from this marriage, from this man, this marriage and they are set free in Christ. We praise You Father God, we praise You Jesus, we love You, and give to You all the glory, honor and praise in Jesus Name we pray, Amen.

#8 Blom

Blom

New Prayer Poster

• Members2
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:13 AM

Our Father who is in heaven, Please be with this man and his wife and also their 2 children. I pray that you will help his wife to be able to forgive him. And to help them in their marriage. I ask this in the name of the Lord, Amen

#9 Wilhelm

Wilhelm

Advanced Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:56 AM

Dear loving and eternally generous heavenly Father I praise You and exalt Your goodness and generosity!!! Your benevolence is indeed greater than any measure we can ever comprehend! Your love and Your blessings rain down on us in deluges which we, in our selfish existence, can never ever fully appreciate. I thank you for the positive session my beloved wife and I have had in counselling and for the softening of her broken heart, which you mould before my very eyes. I thank you for the fact that she has agreed to take a breath and is prepared to negotiate a compromise, which will allow us both time to heal and reflect, as opposed to forging ahead unstoppably to a divorce. I thank you for the wonderful meal we enjoyed together last evening, that you instilled in her the wish to invite me for that meal. I thank you from the very depths of my soul for allowing me to hear her say last evening that she still loves me, in spite of the fact that I feel i no longer deserve her love!! You are the King of my life, in Your ways I shall continue to live every moment, so that my life may become a testimony to Your absolutely limitless bounty, your love, your forgiveness! I pray you help us stay this course You have helped us embark upon and help us endure whatever else we need to go through in order to learn the lessons You would have us learn before you ultimately join us together again in Your name and under Your protection, which You have bestowed upon us so richly but which I flouted by moving away from Your laws and sinning repeatedly. Thank You, thank You, thank You for Your LOVE!! I pray a net of protection over my beloved and my dear children, so that they may be safe as long as I am away from them. I entrust their care to You, for I know that is where they will be safe forever. In the name and in the care of our beloved Saviour, your son, Jesus Christ, AMEN!

#10 Wilhelm

Wilhelm

Advanced Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:55 AM

Dearest Loving and eternally Generous Heavenly Father!! I thank You, I praise You and I am humbled by the overwhelming goodness and generosity of Your Blessings. every moment of every day I am witness to the wonderful blessings You shower down upon my life and how You unerringly hear my prayers and answer them! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!! I pray Your blessings on all my brothers and sisters who seek Your council, Your guidance and Your protection and love. AMEN!

#11 caleb_ener

caleb_ener

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 03:58 AM

Heavenly Father, Please hear our prayers for this couple tonight... Bless our brother's heart with the holy presence of Your most Holy Spirit so that HE may be an instrument of your love and grace for others, most especially his wife. Lord God, in your right time and season bind them both again in Your holy sacrament of matrimony and forever cast out the devil that feeds their spirits lies. Father let them stand as witnesses to Your victorious being. In Jesus name we claim the restoration of this beautiful love for HIS greater glory... Amen.

#12 Wilhelm

Wilhelm

Advanced Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:20 AM

My dear brothers and sisters in Prayer

Thank you so much for the intercessory prayers from each and every one of you who have so generously given of your time and your love in prayer for my marriage and my family. I KNOW the Lord hears our prayers and works miracles!! Great is his goodness and his generosity! Praised be His name for He truly watches over us and cares for us with boundless love and devotion from His throne on high.

My marriage is well on the way to healing, Praise God! My wife and I are seeing a counselor and she has plainly stated that she no longer wishes a divorce but wishes to seek a reconciliation. We see each other every day, have regular meals together and we are going on holiday together in a few weeks. She has mentioned that I might move back home if all goes well during the holiday. Praise our Loving Father's abundant love for us!!!!

Therefore, because the Lord has given me all I have asked for and much more in such a very short time, I am sure that He will grant you all you ask of Him, for your faith and your dedication are so vastly superioor to mine and you deserve His grace and His love so much more.

Philippians 4:6:
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don't forget to thank Him for His answers."

#13 stephintex

stephintex

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:57 AM

That is WONDERFUL news!!! We are rejoicing with you, Brother! Praise God!

Philippians 1:6 (New International Version)
"...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

Dear Jesus,
We are so thankful to hear this awesome news of Your goodness and mercy. I pray that You WILL SEE THIS WORK THROUGH TO COMPLETION! Grant extra special grace and wisdom and love to this couple. May they see each other through Your eyes. May they treasure every moment together and may their love abound and grow every single day. Jesus, cover them under Your blood and surround them with a mighty hedge of protection all the days of their lives. In the Name of Jesus, Amen!

#14 Aleona13

Aleona13

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:23 AM

Praise God! I'm so happy for you, my brother in Christ! Dear Lord, I thank and praise You for restoring this family. Please heal this marriage completely, bless them abundantly and grant them love, peace and as much happiness as their hearts can hold! Praise and Glory to You, Jesus!

#15 stephintex

stephintex

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:25 PM

Brother,
I came across this verse today and thought of you:

"You shall not be forgotten by Me. I have blotted out like a thick cloud your transgressions, and like a cloud your sins. Return to Me, for I have restored, renewed, and reclaimed you. Sing, O heavens, for the Lord has done it; shout you depths of the earth; break forth into singing, you mountains, O forest and every tree it! For the Lord has renewed you, and He will glorify Himself in you."
Isaiah 44: 21-23