5 replies to this topic

#1 C.J.

C.J.

Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 01:38 PM

Dear Lord, I have held on for my family for so many years; it hurts terribly to live near the coast because the fog and wind rip my body up with unbelievable pain, yet so few people have this kind of physiological problem that people just don't seem to take me seriously. My doctors don't even try to make a more explicit diagnosis--they just give me painkillers. Now, after attending her first 12-step meeting in a decade (probably having to do with eating but I didn't ask), my wife came home and started confusing the time line around my symptoms, accusing me of fabricating some of my symptoms to get drugs. This is positively untrue in every sense of the word; she was there when I started having weird sypmtoms, and when I began using the painkillers, but has forgotten everything (I sure as heck haven't), and has started spouting nonsense. I hate taking painkillers and want to live where it is warm enough I don't have to use them. I know there can be a lot of absolutists who don't listen in 12-step programs; that's one reason I don't go to AA meetings as I one did (I stopped drinking 22 years ago and never looked back, not once); the other reasons are the "11th step" which restricts one's prayers to a narrow area of concern, and the danger of easing into idolatry (I finally had to accept that Jesus did not want me to take the 11th step; what the "step" says I should pray for is good, but there are many other types of prayer I believe the Christian needs to practice, and they are not included). My wife's thinking and emotions are seriously compromised by a behavioral disorder for which she's in therapy; now she thinks she is in such good shape because she goes to her therapy sessions that she can tell me what to do (I have an MA in psychology and find her attitude hard to take). She still screams at me day in and day out, driving me from pillar to post, breaks promises and keeps me living where I am in exruciating pain--now she's trying to tell me the painkillers I take for it are causing the problem, without any evidence whatsoever. Were it not for my belief in a loving God, and my love for parents and kids who love me, I would turn on the gas, right now. I am almost completely without hope, and I am scared because she keeps talking about how she's "changing" and she's writing to her old boyfriends. God, is there any way I can leave this world without hurting those who love me? I can't care for myself, it seems I'm finished, and badly so.

#2 Friend of peace

Friend of peace

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,958 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 02:46 PM

God, I lift up C.J. to you in prayer and ask that you protect C. J. and deliver C.J. from all of his trials and tribulations. Please grant C. J. good health and a long, blessed, happy, peaceful life. Please bless his marriage and let their be peace, unity, and love between C.J. and his wife. Grant C.J. perseverance and endurance and strength to go through whatever You want him to go through. Let C.J. feel Your presence every moment and know and experience that he is "more than a conqueror" through Jesus his Lord and Savior. We know You will deliver C.J. from all of these trials and tribulations and turn everything around for his good. Thank You, Lord. In Jesus' name, amen.

#3 ChristianSoldier

ChristianSoldier

Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 08:31 PM

Father, Please touch CJ's wife's heart and let Your spirit of understanding and kindness come from her. Please let the physicians take his condition seriously and give him a correct diagnosis. Touch his body where it needs to be touched and cure his condition. Please continue to work in his life. Amen

#4 Manasseh Lului

Manasseh Lului

Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 09:16 PM

Dear Father, I uphold CJ in Your mighty and powerful hands today. You know the best way out for him in this trying times he is going through. You are the Great Physician, the First Chief Surgeon ever. The devil is using his wife like he did to Job to take his focus away from You, the Divine Healer. May You open her eyes to see the part she needs to play to assist her husband in this moment. May the presence of Your Holy Spirit will be with them right now to see them through this difficult moment. We commit them into Your hands now in the Mighty name of Jesus. Amen

#5 peggyrose

peggyrose

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:43 AM

Father i lift up cj to You in prayer. i first ask that both him and his wife receive the gift of salvation if their not saved. i ask that You totally deliver cj from all his pain and whatever is causing it. i ask that You heal his marriage and turn it around to be a Godly marriage. soften this wife's heart towards her husband. let her show love towards him and for her to be the wife that she is suppose to be. cj, don't give up on life. God hears your crys and He will answer you because He Loves You.just keep your eyes on God,read Hid Word daily and try to attend a Godly church.i'll be praying for you. Father bless cj with peace and comfort. deliver him from all negative thoughts. in Jesus name amen

#6 caleb_ener

caleb_ener

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:56 AM

Father God, Please hear our pleas for CJ and his family. Lord God cast away his unbearable burdens brought about by the devil and instill harmony and love in his home. Lord God we beseech You to be with them in their home and radiate Your great unconditional love Father. Touch CJ's wife's heart so she may be convicted. Cast away all their troubles and trials in life. Look into the faith of our brother Lord and the goodness of his heart, as he fervently prays Lord for resolution in his family life. Lord God, we ask this humbly in the mighty Name of Jesus Christ, our Savior and Redeemer... Amen.