58 replies to this topic

#46 laxmirao

laxmirao

Advanced Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 04:02 PM

Dear Brother, The Lord shall bless you abundantly. He is well aware of your patience in receiving your healing and blessings from Him. Many of us are waiting for our prayers to be answered. The Lord says, “I am the Lord of Righteousness. I have heard your prayers and I will surely do justice to you.” Sometimes, God delays in answering our prayers and we wonder why He does so. Is the Lord hard hearted? No! He is a God of compassion. When the Lord performs a miracle, He wants you to value it and so sometimes delays it. The Lord loves you dearly. Dear Lord, Please do a miracle in our borther's life.Sometimes You delay the miracle because You want us to value Your miracle.Let Your grace and lovingkindness fill his life. Jesus Name I Pray,Amen.

#47 Manasseh Lului

Manasseh Lului

Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:36 PM

Thankyou my beloved for blessing me with your prayer and words of encouragement. Indeed we serve a God of compassion. Please, my dear family members at PrayerWay, I would like each of you to keep my daughter in your prayers. She had an accident on Sunday evening. She had a 2cm deep cut on her labia. The doctor stitched her up that same evening and she's on medication. We need your prayers for her quick recovery and healing. Please remember me in your prayers, too. I will be visiting the doctor tomorrow (16/07/09) for last review on my kidneystone examination. I was diagnosed with the kidneystone on 19/04/09 and was advised that the stone was very hard and cannot be removed by medication or water. The only option would be to go through an operation. But, I don't want to go take the operation, therefore, please I need your prayers for God to intervene and remove this stone from my kidney so that I can live a normal, healthy life again. Thank you for all your consistent and continuous prayers on our behalf.

#48 rws3

rws3

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:53 PM

Lord, we ask in Jesus' name for You to come to the aid of this family. bring physical healing to our brother and his daughter. reunite this family by bringing his wife home. we know that You see all that is happening and we look to You for rescue... please intervene and bring healing to this family. in Jesus' name, amen!

#49 Manasseh Lului

Manasseh Lului

Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:20 PM

The article below touched my heart so I thought it would be wonderful to share it with the family members at PrayWay.

The author has given his consent to share all his articles with friends.

STRENGTHENED BY HARDSHIPS

On Paul's first missionary journey, he traveled with Barnabas to Cyprus and then up through several cities in Galatia. After preaching the gospel in Antioch, Iconium, Lystra, and Derbe, they returned back through the same cities so they could strengthen those who had recently placed their faith in Jesus.

Acts 14:21-22
"They returned to Lystra, Iconium and Antioch, strengthening the disciples and encouraging them to remain true to the faith. 'We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God,' they said."

The early church was facing great persecution for simply turning to faith in Jesus Christ. Paul himself faced many hardships and was recently stoned for preaching the gospel. Paul encouraged the churches by letting them know they were not alone in their suffering. But he also seemed to encourage by saying that hardship was a necessary part of the Christian walk.

Those who have placed their complete faith in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sin have begun a journey which leads to the kingdom of God. Once we truly begin this journey, we are His child, and our place with God has been reserved; "He anointed us, set His seal of ownership on us, and put His Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come" (2 Corinthians 1:21-22).

However, while on this journey, God has a great plan and purpose for our life; "For those God foreknew He also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of His Son" (Romans 8:29). Every step is for the purpose of drawing us closer and conforming us to the image of Christ. And hardship is the tool which seems to best accomplish this goal. We all might prefer that God would shape us through praise and blessings, but we seem to respond best to hardship.

It's hardship which reminds us of our dependence on God when we've begun to trust in our own abilities and understanding. It's hardship which brings us back to our knees in prayer after long seasons of silence. It's hardship which develops the character of a mature believer: "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything" (James 1:2-4).

As difficult as this truth may be to accept and understand, part of God's plan is for us to experience some hardship. Not all hardship can be said to come from God, but in our lost and fallen world where we come to God filled with pride and arrogance, hardship is often the only way to humble our spirit and soften our heart. Our Heavenly Father loves us enough do whatever it takes to draw us closer to His side - even when this means being strengthened by hardship.

Have a Christ Centered Day!

Steve Troxel
God's Daily Word Ministries

Archive of previous devotions : http://www.gdwm.org/archive08.htm

Subscribe via web: http://www.gdwm.org/subscribe.htm

Feedback and Prayer: http://gdwmboard.org/eve

Send Invitation: http://www.gdwm.org/invite.htm

Verses of Encouragement: http://www.gdwm.org/verses/

#50 rws3

rws3

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:36 AM

thanks for sharing! :) Lord, we continue to ask for You to bring healing and reconciliation to this couple so that all who know them will see Your power and kindness. in Jesus' name, amen!

#51 Manasseh Lului

Manasseh Lului

Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:19 PM

Let's pray for the patience of God to fill our lives as we journey this sin-darkened world.

NO SHORTCUTS

One day, when we stand with our Heavenly Father, we will see the awesome purpose in the path we have traveled. If we continue to trust and follow His leading, we will see how each twist and turn in His path was designed to navigate us through the jungle and keep us moving toward a closer relationship: "As for God, His way is perfect; the Word of the Lord is flawless" (Psalm 18:30). His way is perfect and without flaw; but, by God's sovereign will, we are given the freedom to choose whether to follow.

Many times we see what appears to be a shorter route, and we leave His path. These perceived shortcuts are filled with weeds that entangle us and slow our walk with Christ to a pathetic crawl; "But the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke it, making it unfruitful" (Matthew 13:22). All our time spent away from God's path clearly hinders our relationship and diminishes our ability to produce anything of lasting value for the Lord.

Psalm 1:1-3
"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on His Law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither."

To remain on God's path and continue to bear good and lasting fruit, we must be wise regarding the counsel we seek. Many people willingly give advice on following a "successful" path and yet ridicule any path directed by God. This counsel must be avoided since the very definition of success is in error! A truly successful path IS the path directed by God!!

Staying free of the weeds requires an active pursuit of God; "on His Law he meditates day and night." If we do not consume ourselves with the ways of God, we will, by default, become consumed by the ways of the world. Jesus made a similar statement to His disciples: "I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in Me and I in him, he will bear much fruit" (John 15:5). Remaining in the vine is a process of clinging to Christ and loving Him with ALL our heart. Our life then becomes defined and consumed by the life of the vine.

As we allow God's Word to flow through our life - as we become planted by the stream of His water - we develop deep roots. These roots become a solid anchor which will not be pulled up during the storm nor dragged along by the swift currents of temptation.

God's path is perfect and His burden is light; but remaining on His path and staying free of weeds requires commitment, perseverance, discipline...and a strong reminder that there are NO shortcuts!

Have a Christ Centered Day!

Steve Troxel
God's Daily Word Ministries

Archive of previous devotions : http://www.gdwm.org/archive08.htm

Subscribe via web: http://www.gdwm.org/subscribe.htm

Feedback and Prayer: http://gdwmboard.org/eve

Send Invitation: http://www.gdwm.org/invite.htm

Verses of Encouragement: http://www.gdwm.org/verses/

Mail from GDWM is only sent to those who subscribe (free of cost) or
by invitation from friends. Please unsubscribe if these messages are
no longer desired. We absolutely do not support unsolicited E-mail.

Scripture references: The Holy Bible: New International Version.
Copyright 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society.

#52 Wilhelm

Wilhelm

Advanced Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:29 PM

Dearest loving Heavenly Father We thank You for being able to share in the ways of our our brothers and sisters on PrayWay! We thank You for being able to reap the benefits of the wisdom they share with us! We are eternally grateful to You for giving us food for thought each day and for provoding us matters from Your word to ponder and to meditate on. I ask that You please remainnow and in the days and weeks to come, as You have all along, with our brother Manasseh. Strengthen and protect him in his battle against despair and illness and please ensure his well-being. Please also send Your angels to gaurd over his little girl while her mother is away and her father is ill. We say a special prayer for this little girl! In the name of Our Saviour and Hero, Christ Jesus, AMEN!!!

#53 Manasseh Lului

Manasseh Lului

Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:10 PM

Dear Friends, Our hope is slowly fading away, but just hanging there by a tread. It seems the hope we had of Janet returning is diminishing fast with every passing day. Every day seems to get distant and further and further away. Janet seems to be more stubborn and hardened than any hardcore person I have ever seen. Nothing everyone says and is doing seem to convince her to return. I am now confused as to whether we are approaching this issue the right or wrong way. The daylight is now fading fast. Please continue to keep us in your constant prayers. God Bless

#54 Wilhelm

Wilhelm

Advanced Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:52 PM

Dearest Heavenly Father

My heart bleeds and feels heavy with sorrow for my brother Manasseh. You alone know why he needs to endure this hardship of loneliness, despair and confusion as to why his wife does not wish to return to their home. But You have taught us in Your word that we are to endure such trials and tribulations, more so than gold in the furnace, before we can be moulded into the beings You want us to be.

Also, You are the only one who knows how much we can endure, even when we feel we have reached the end of our tether. How have we managed to come this far in the first place? Certainly not without Your help?

I pray You, dearest, most generous, loving and merciful Father, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE continue to guard over our brother and his little girl and ensure their safety and sanity. Cast a net of love and light over them and send the Spirit to REALLY work in Janet's heart, sio that she may see the light and understand where the path to that light is: the same path which leads her back hoome to her husband and daughter.

This I beg of You in the name of Your son and our Lord and Saviour, JESUS,
Amen!

#55 alphonse

alphonse

New Prayer Poster

• Members2
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:33 AM

[quote name='Manasseh Lului' date='May 24 2009, 06:39 PM' post='212888']
It has been eight months now since my wife left me and the daughter to leave her own life. It has been very difficult trying to manage everything on my own. Many times I would turn up for work 30 minutes late. This has placed a great strain on my health and spiritual life as well. My daughter and I together with other christian friends have been praying and are still praying for her come home.

I don't know how she is living right now. However, we have been humbly and patiently praying for God to work things out.

I need your prayers to bring Janet home on 21st June or before that. I am planning to write to her this week to let her know that we will bring her home on this date.

Please pray that God will grant us the peace and patience to live each day.
[Manasseh Lului
/quote]

l ask the Heavenly father ,through our Lord Jesus Christ, to grant your wish. "......for l hate divorces!" says the Lord the God of Isreal..." Malachi 2 Vs 14 to 16

#56 Manasseh Lului

Manasseh Lului

Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:55 PM

Thank you my dear friends for your powerful words of encouragement and prayers. Truly indeed, God is great and He does surely hear our prayers. May He lead you in the path of righteousness always.

#57 Wilhelm

Wilhelm

Advanced Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:38 PM

“So do not throw away your confidence, it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.” Heb 10:35-36 Keep the faith! God bless You!

#58 Manasseh Lului

Manasseh Lului

Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:39 PM

Dear Friends, Just to update you all on the latest... After a year of not speaking to each other face to face we finally met yesterday (06/09/09) for about 4 and half hours and spoke about the issues. Unfortunately, Janet still wants to live her own life and does not intend to return back. I really don't know where God is leading us in all this or what He is trying to tell us in this situation. We will continue to pray and wait for the Lord to work things out. I have done what I could do and now it's over to Him to do what I could not do. Please continue to pray for us....

#59 Manasseh Lului

Manasseh Lului

Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:21 PM

Dear Friends,

I would like to take this time to thank each of you for your support, encouragements and many prayers. I believe God has heard our prayers, however, when someone hardens his or her heart to the voice of God, He will not force His way into his or her heart. He respects the choices and decisions, whether good or bad, we make in life.

I want to declare that this PRAYER REQUEST is now CLOSED. I have discovered over the weekend that Janet is now three months pregnant from someone else. She has been away from us for a year now. The wait is over now for me. The chapter of our marriage has come to an end. It has been a very BITTER experience for me, but I believe the Lord has better plans for me from hereon.

God will heal my broken heart and wipe away the tears from my eyes and renew my spirit to walk with Him each day.

I would like to sincerely thank brother Wilhem for your encouragements and prayers. Things do happen for certain reasons and only God knows them all and will direct our path each day in the way of righteousness.

Please continue to pray me and my daughter as we begin this new chapter of our lives without a mother. God will step in one day. I will keep you informed when that happens.

For those of you who going through similar situations and are moving towards reconciliation and restoration, I would like to recommend a marriage counselling website that I find interesting: http://www.MortFertel.com. Some of you may have already visited this website.

Once again thank you and God Bless.