2 replies to this topic

#1 Mirta

Mirta

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 10:17 PM

Dear Father, my sister Sharon just got married a month ago and is experiencing a lot of turmoil with her husband. Father, it is a traumatic adjustment for her to have to share her space and time with him. I also see that they are not working together nor communicating well. Lord, this is all part of becoming one in spirit, mind, and body. Father, I thank You because they are both Christians and they are willing to come to You for guidance, wisdom, and comfort when the situation gets rough. I thank You for my sister Sharon and her willingness to learn more each day from Your Word about marriage roles and responsibilities. Father, I ask that Lamont will go to the pastor and seek counsel as well. Lord, may they both come together before You and seek Your wisdom. I pray in Jesus' name that they will find peace in the midst of life's storms, I pray that they will be willing to be still and quiet and wait for You. I pray that the yelling and screaming will cease, in Jesus' name. I pray that Lamont will learn to communicate with Sharon about his daily activities and I pray that Sharon will learn to trust her husband completely. Father, I pray that they will both learn to leave the painful past experiences in the past and not revisit the pain, especially Sharon. I pray that she will learn to not compare Lamont with her previous fiance. It is not a healthy thing to do. Lord, I pray that You would speak to her directly and let her know that their marriage will be blessed as long as they both keep their focus on You. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

#2 Mirta

Mirta

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 08:20 PM

Lord, I continue to pray for Sharon and Lamont and now for Richard and Joan who will be celebrating their first year anniversary at the end of this month. Lord, these couples are going through all the growing pains of a brand new marriage. Lord, You know the situations and You know what needs to be done in each relationship. Father, I ask that they all will be still, and recognize that You are God and You are control of these circumstances. I pray that they will receive wisdom and intelligence to discern what is worth fighting for, their marriage. I pray that they will see through the lies and the doubts that Satan is trying to plant in their lives. I pray in Jesus' name that all negativity, nagging, anger, egotism and selfishness and any spirit that is attempting to interrupt the flow of the work of the Holy Spirit in those households, that those spirits be bound and cast out this very moment. Lord, I pray for a complete cleansing of those households and that they be filled with Peace, Love, Joy, Hope, Kindness, Self-Control, Mercy, and Grace. Lord, may Your Presence permeate those homes like a sweet aroma, that everyone in those homes will be able to breathe in the wonderful peace that You bring in to every interaction with us. I love You Lord, and I know that my brothers and sisters here mentioned love You as well. So, it is Jesus' name that I pray for growth and transformation for Sharon and Lamont, Richard and Joan. Amen.

#3 rws3

rws3

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:40 PM

Lord, we pray that You will do all that is necessary to help this couple start their marriage off on a strong foundation that will last a lifetime! guard them from any and all outside forces that may harm their marriage in any way. draw them close to one another in friendship, intimacy, and trust. in the name of Jesus Christ we pray for Your protection and blessings upon this couple, amen!