386 replies to this topic

#31 AlinaGrace

AlinaGrace

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 02:47 AM

dear Steph, I know how sad you feel but still I praise God that He hasn't left you alone in this struggle for your marriage, that you are blessed with Christian friends and a church. I'm supporting you in your prayers for your marriage.

#32 florenceteiko

florenceteiko

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:05 AM

lord have mercy on your daughter and save her marriage. i thank you that you are faithful and you will do it. amen

#33 rws3

rws3

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 12:24 PM

Lord, please comfort steph! it is so confusing and painful to go through something like this. please clearly guide her so that she will know what to do and say. help her to understand what You would have her to do and give her strength and wisdom. please continue to convict her husband and enable him to obey You. provide steph peace as she goes through this trial! In Jesus' Name, Amen!

#34 Anne27

Anne27

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 02:04 PM

Lord, I raise Steph & her husband to you. Father, there's so much stress in going to school and trying to maintain a relationship. It's almost impossible to focus on loved ones without feeling like the school work is suffering. We seek to do our very best, to receive excellent grades and become extremely skilled in our chosen field. These things come at a price. Father, I pray that you would move into the center of this couple's life and calm the seas. Bring peace, wisdom, and understanding. Bring this husband's deepest issues out into the open where Steph can make sense of them and seek specific guidance from you. Lord, calm her husband so that he can see the turmoil he's creating in his wife's heart. Help him to realize that even if he cannot minister to her right now, she deserves compassion, gentleness, and honesty. Let him see how willing she is to minister to him. Father, if there are any problems lingering in the darkness, I pray that you would shine a bright light on them, so that solutions can be found. Lord, please comfort and guide Step through this whole situation. Let her see and feel that you are carrying her and her husband. Help her to rest fully in your arms, knowing that you will not let her down. I pray these things in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

#35 Mike4Hope

Mike4Hope

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:27 AM

Steph: I was touched by your prayer for deacon2008. I believe that it is by this faith that God will heal our own desires of our heart. I know it is difficult to pray for other marriages when our own is in flames or ashes, but I am convinced it is the very path God calls us to. I continue to pray for your reconciliation. In Jesus name, Amen

#36 stephintex

stephintex

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:29 PM

Today has been a hard day. I have been struggling to feel victorious. Then, to top off the day, my husband called me about a half hour ago to ask if I needed the car. (He has our newer car since he drives a long distance to school and back each day.) I just told him on Saturday that I didn't need the car, but he called again today to ask. He then asked if he had any mail, and if he should pay the two bills he usually pays... This was also odd, because he paid them both two weeks ago when he left, and they are not due yet. I also think it's kind of strange for him to actually call me, instead of texting me... Texting is much less personal, but he's choosing to call. I don't know, but it makes me very agitated to talk to him, even though our conversation was fine... It kind of takes away my peace a little bit. I'm praying for a breakthrough. Oh, Jesus, You see me here, trying hard to trust, trying hard to have faith and be strong, and not always succeeding. Today, I was so sad all day, feeling so hopeless and alone. ...Talking to Eddie didn't help... It just made me miss him even more. I miss our life together... I miss our friendship and our happy evenings and weekends relaxing and spending time together. I used to look forward to weekends, and now, I dread them. Jesus, I am crying out to You for a miracle. You are our only hope. I pray that You will do the work in our hearts and in our marriage. Remind Eddie of the good times and the blessings and trials we have gone through together. Give him fresh hope in his heart that You are able to make all things new. Don't allow his pride to hold him back from obeying You. Help him in school. Give him the strength he needs to get through this semester and finish strong. Give him wisdom on his tests and determination to work as hard as he needs to to succeed. Show Yourself to be the Mighty Warrior that we so desperately need right now. Continue to send godly friends across his path... Use any means to reach him, Father. I know You have a million ways to get through to Your children. Please help me to trust in You and in Your timing and not give way to despair. I pray that you'll give me grace to speak Your words to him. Let him hear Your sweet voice and turn to You with his whole heart. Lord, please give us a chance to let our marriage be a testimony to others. We need You in this storm, Jesus. Calm the waters. Bring peace and healing. Thank you for your goodness. In Jesus' name, Amen.

#37 florenceteiko

florenceteiko

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:23 AM

Lord hear stephan's cry as she reaches out to you and do for her all she asks of you and more...in Jesus' Name I pray Amen

#38 stephintex

stephintex

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:09 PM

Oh, Lord, here comes the weekend! Please let this weekend bring good news... Not just for me, but for everyone here pouring out their hearts to You. Let this weekend be a turning point and a cause for celebration. Give us hope and peace. Jesus, where can we go but to You? "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Be our Strength and our Strong Tower, Jesus. "Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes, with your right hand you save me. The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures foreveró do not abandon the works of your hands." Psalm 138:7-8 I claim these verses in Your Name, for me and for my brothers and sisters who are crying out to You tonight. Fulfill your purpose for us, in the Name of Jesus... Don't abandon the works of Your hands. Thank you for your goodness. Amen

#39 Mike4Hope

Mike4Hope

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:46 PM

Thank you and Amen.

#40 Anne27

Anne27

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:27 AM

Lord, please deliver Steph's husband from whatever trouble he is in that has made him withdraw from marriage and family. Set him aright so that he can enjoy life with his wife and family again. Please comfort Steph as she waits on you, Lord. Teach her what to say and how to respond to her husband during this awkward, painful time. Help her to keep her focus totally on you and to demonstrate your peaceful, wise spirit. Father, I pray for a breakthrough this weekend, that Steph's husband would open up to her and share the burdens of his heart and reveal the source of all his angst so they can deal with his trouble as a couple. Lord, let this be a loving time of deep communication and togetherness. Bring them closer than ever before and let them join their hearts in prayer for healing and renewal. Love them, Lord, so they will have the strength to love each other. I ask these things in Jesus' Name. Amen.

#41 stephintex

stephintex

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 09:45 PM

The weekend is over, yesterday was a VERY hard day for me, and even though I didn't see any answers, I am trusting that God is working. My husband called me five minutes ago to ask if he had any mail... When I said, "no", he said, "ok...bye". It was very strange and also disheartening to hear his voice and to want to talk about so many things, and yet be unable to do so. I feel like I am under siege! I am so weary of this. I know many of you have been going through this much longer than I have, and I know it's only God's grace that has brought you this far, because it's so hard! I don't know if any of you are Andrae Crouch fans, but every night before I go to sleep, I listen to his song called, "I've Got Confidence", and I claim it. Here are the lyrics... I hope they'll bless you like they bless me: "When trouble is in my way I can't tell my night from day When I'm tossed from side to side Like a ship on a raging tide I don't worry I don't fret My God has never failed me yet Troubles come from time to time But that's all right, I'm not the worrying kind because I've got confidence, God is gonna see me through. No matter what the case may be, I know He's gonna fix it for me. Job was sick so long Till the flesh fell from his bones His wife, cattle and children, Everything that he had was gone. But Job in his despair I said He knew that God still cared Sleepless days and sleepless nights But Job said, "that's all right because I've got confidence, God is gonna see me through. No matter what the case may be, I know He's gonna fix it for me." Some folks wonder how I smile Even when I'm goin' through trials They say, "Andrae how can you have song, When everything is goin' wrong?" But I don't worry I don't fret My God has never failed me yet Troubles come from time to time But that's all right, I'm not the worrying kind because I've got confidence, God is gonna see me through. No matter what the case may be, I know He's gonna fix it for me. Dear Jesus, You know exactly what You are doing. You see the beginning and the end. You know how everything is going to turn out, and I know You are in control of all things. For You, nothing is impossible. Lord, I call out to You tonight. I call upon Your mercy and Your grace. I call out to You for a miracle. Oh, Lord, I am so helpless. I am so weak. You say that Your strength is made perfect in our weakness, and so I am casting all my burdens on You tonight. Please, Heavenly Father, do the work. Speak to Eddie in an undeniable way. Speak to him in the night, during the day, through friends at school, through his family, through whatever means it takes. Lord, I know we don't deserve Your mercy, but I am asking for a resolution to come soon. You are our only hope. Set a hedge of protection around him every day. Guard his heart and mind. Cover him under Your blood everywhere he goes and in everything he does. Give him the victory in his classes and schoolwork. Let him know that You are with him. Place overwhelming hope and love in his heart, and may they be stronger than the pride and rebellion that are there right now. I pray that Your love will melt all anger and pride away. I have seen him broken at the altar many times in his life, crying out to You. I pray for another experience like those... a greater experience, so that all he can see is Your precious face. Jesus, change me into who you want me to be. Make me the woman You want me to be. I do have confidence that You are going to see me through. Thank you, Jesus. Amen.

#42 AlinaGrace

AlinaGrace

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:56 AM

Lord please bless this family, restore this marriage, do not let the enemy to destroy the marriage of Your children. in Jesus name I pray. Amen.

#43 Anne27

Anne27

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:38 AM

Lord, I place Steph, Eddie, and their marriage at the foot of your cross. Lord, you suffered, died, and rose from the dead so that they might have life eternal with you. Thank you, Lord, for this amazing gift. Father, you also brought them together in love and under your covenant. You have the power and the authority to demand changes and obedience from Eddie, Lord. We ask that you would speak to him out of that power and authority. Call him to your altar and to confession, that he might pour out his burdens and his sins before you and return to a life lived for you with his wife. I ask these things in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

#44 felicia

felicia

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:46 PM

Father i stand in agreement with Anne, call Eddie to repenance and home to his family, Lord you came that we might have life and have it abundantly, Father this wife asks for life with her complete family intact. we thank you Father for making it so, for working in this situation ceaslessly and enabling them to live at peace with and walk in agreement with each other, in Jesus name, Amen.

#45 Prncssmn7

Prncssmn7

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:41 PM

You are under siege, Steph, the enemy would like you to give up on your marriage and blame God for it. Do not give up and do not give in. If you read my posts, you will see I have been and still am where you are. But God has a purpose for all He does and His timing. Trust in Him ONLY.