386 replies to this topic

#16 stephintex

stephintex

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:00 PM

Well, my husband left again today, and my heart is breaking!! He came home this afternoon to tell me that he didn't love me at all, and so he doesn't want to try to work on our marriage or go to counseling or anything. He said we should never have gotten married and that our marriage has not been good. I feel so numb and I just don't know what to do. Please pray... I don't even know what to pray for anymore.

#17 Anne27

Anne27

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:01 PM

What a world and what a week! God, I am out of patience for the devil and his garbage. PLEASE, Lord, either come back and rescue us all or send our prodigals home and ready to act human again. Steph, we will keep praying for you, sweetie. Hang on.

#18 felicia

felicia

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:15 AM

FATHER, GIVE STEPH REST IN YOU AND BUILD HER UP THAT SHE MIGHT WAIT ON AND HOPE IN YOU THAT SHE MIGHT SEE THE WONDERS OF YOUR WORK, HELP HER TO SEE THAT NO MATTER THE ENEMY SPEWS FROM HER HUSBAND'S MOUTH THAT IT IS YOUR WORD THAT WILL STAND FOREVER AND THAT THOSE WHO HOPE IN AND WAIT ON YOU ARE NEVER DISAPPOINTED BECAUSE LORD ARE FAITHFUL, IN JESUS NAME, AMEN.

#19 AlinaGrace

AlinaGrace

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 03:47 AM

Dear Steph, Please keep praying. God is there for you always. I don't know where He will lead you but i know that He cares for you. Dear Lord please speak to Eddie's heart today! Please show him Your will and help him obey You. In Jesus name. Amen.

#20 stephintex

stephintex

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 06:32 PM

Well, I had been feeling pretty peaceful all week, but today I have really been struggling to feel hopeful. My husband and I have both been going to the same church since we were little, (my dad was pastor about 40 years there, and passed away in 2006) and since Eddie has missed the last two Sundays, everyone has noticed. Not many know exactly what's happening, but they know something is wrong, and many have told me that they are praying. Some of his good church friends are seeking him out to talk to him, and I'm sure that more will do so as time goes by. Please pray that their words will fall on listening ears, and that the Holy Spirit will convict him and bring about a change. Pray for wisdom for me, too, since I was just told on Friday that our rent will be going up by $150 more a month, and I don't know if I should stay there or not, and since my marriage seems to be in limbo, I just don't know what to do or what decisions to make! I so appreciate your prayers. They encourage and comfort me more than you know. I am praying for you, too! Here are some verses that blessed me today from Proverbs 21:30-31... "There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the LORD. The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with the LORD." Dear Jesus, I am asking you for a miracle tonight.... Please speak to Eddie in a way that he cannot ignore. Bring godly people across his path. Bring renewed hope and love into his heart tonight. Let him place his pride and anger at the foot of the cross. Thank You for your great love and mercy to us. Our hope is only in You. Let this forum be full of testimonies of victory, as you turn our mourning into joy through answered prayer! Amen

#21 felicia

felicia

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 08:27 PM

Father i stand in agreement with this prayer, in Jesus name i pray. Hallelujah and Amen.

#22 stephintex

stephintex

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 07:47 AM

After I posted last night, Eddie called me.... Only to tell me that he was doing badly in school, that he still didn't love me and that he thinks we should move on to the "next step". It's just unbelievable to me that a month ago today, we celebrated my birthday together, he sang to me with his guitar, he gave me beautiful cards saying how much he loved me, appreciated me, etc., and now this! He is only 5 months away from finishing nursing school, and we have both sacrificed a lot for this goal, and he is ready to let it all go! He's ready to throw away his marriage, his church, his career goals and everything in one fell swoop! I spoke to a friend of ours who talked to him yesterday, and he said that Eddie assured him that he was going to be seeking God and godly counsel, etc., but what he told me doesn't match that conversation! I am confused and scared. Everyone who knows us keeps telling me not to believe his words, since he isn't thinking clearly, but it's very hard to not believe the ugly words coming out of the dearest person on earth's mouth. He doesn't have a job, since he is a full time student, and I don't know how he thinks he will survive if he doesn't finish school. Please pray with me that he really will seek God and that he will go to church today. Pray that the Holy Spirit breaks down all the walls of anger and resentment and gets through to him, as only He can do. Pray that he really considers what he is doing, and opens his eyes to the truth. Pray that any lying tongues will be silenced in the name of Jesus and that his life will not be a failure, but a victory. I am believing for a miracle.

#23 Anne27

Anne27

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 07:57 AM

Father, it appears to be the season of strangeness among our beloved earthly mates. Lord, whatever these dark demons are that have come upon Eddie, please banish them back to hell where they belong. Speak words of truth and peace to this man so that he can hear your voice as sweet music above the prattle of so many devils. Lead him back to your straight and safe path. Expose the darkness and overwhelm it with your truth and light, I pray, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

#24 angeladawn

angeladawn

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 01:54 PM

Steph, I feel your pain. I also know the stresses of nursing school, as nursing was my first career. Nursing was the most difficult part of my marriage because it was soooooo stressful. During that time I was very overwhelmed. We thought if we made it through nursing school, we would make it through anything. Lord, what ever has come before this husband and stripped him away from his holy covenant, I ask that it be removed. Let Eddie have a conversion of heart. Lead him back home to his wife and to YOu. Give him the ability to discern between You and any other. What ever problems this marriage may be having can be healed. Show this husband and wife what You intended them to be to each other. Show Eddie that there is hope in his marriage and that You intend for him to stick to his vows. Let all hurts and resentment be replaced with hope, love, and forgiveness. In the Lord's name I pray, Amen.

#25 stephintex

stephintex

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:22 PM

Angeladawn, At the beginning of the nursing program, the director told them that many things would happen while they were in the program, and she specifically mentioned divorce! We laughed at that then, and now I am rebuking that thought! It is just unbelievable that this is happening! thank you so much for your prayers... please help me pray that he doesn't drop out of the program or do something else stupid like that. Dear Jesus, I come to you with a heavy heart, feeling hopeless, feeling like all is lost. Help me to believe that You are working, even when I can't see it. Help me to trust that You are in control of the situation, and that my future is in Your loving hands, and not Eddie's. Continue to send godly people across his path. Continue to bombard him with the truth, even at night when he's asleep. Continue to fill his heart with hope and love and a deep longing for his home and a desire to keep his committment to You and to me. Make him uncomfortable where he is at his mom's, until, like the prodigal son, he "comes to himself" and desires to return home. Give him the courage to face the future, instead of giving up on his schooling and on his marriage. Speak to him, dear Jesus. Speak to him as only You can do. Shut out the lying voices and let him hear the voice of the Good Shepherd calling to him. Jesus, I am counting on You. Where will I go, if not to You? You are my hope that I will still see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Help me to be strong and stand firm and have wisdom and grace for every moment of every day. My hope is in You, Maker of the heavens and the earth. Please give me peace during this dark part of the road. Restore our marriage as a testimony of Your goodness and mercy. I ask you this in the name of Jesus. Amen

#26 florenceteiko

florenceteiko

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:32 AM

Oh Lord, the devil is at it again....he wants to destroy christian marriages but that is not how you set it out to be. Lord please save stephinex's marriage. You know best what is going on with her husband and you know what will happen tommorrow.........Bible tells us that even the hearts of kings lie within your palms Lord, please intervene in this man's life....touch him, call him, jostle him, wake him up........bring to his realization the mistake he will be making if he throws his marriage and his career to the wind..................bring him back to his lord.................rekindle in hima desire to want to come close to his wife again, to make his marriage. please give stephinex the patience and longd\suffering she so deseartely will need right now so all the glory and praise will be given to you forever and ever. amen

#27 AngelFive

AngelFive

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:25 AM

Dear Lord, We thank you for giving us the gift of marriage. I ask that you save this one Lord, Help the wounds in the union heal and may they be happy and blessed from this day forward. In JESUS CHRIST.. HOLY NAME. AMEN.

#28 felicia

felicia

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:36 AM

Father i stand in agreement with this prayers, in Jesus name, Amen

#29 stephintex

stephintex

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:02 AM

Hello, everyone. I can't tell you how encouraging it is to know that my brothers and sisters in Christ are standing with me in prayer. I thank God for all of you. Last night, I had dinner with two of my girlfriends from church. One of them kept saying things like, "Call him, Steph. Beg him. Tell him you love him. Time is going by and it's just going to get worse." On the other hand, others are telling me to leave him alone and let God work on him. There are so many voices, and it makes it harder to know what to do. On Sunday night, the assistant pastor preached on the topic, "From Despair to Victory". He talked about how Jehosaphat told God, "You gave this land to us and people are trying to take it. Defend your land, God". I took this for me... I told God, "You gave me my husband, and our covenant is with You. Don't abandon your property." I know God is in control, and time is nothing for Him. I am praying that God will speak to Eddie in a way he can't ignore... that his heart will be infused with a hope that is so overwhelming that it replaces all the fear and doubt that he is feeling. I know he's not eating well or concentrating and sleeping a lot, so I know he's not o.k. I am praying that he will cry out to God in the midst of his despair and find his way to the Rock. I am praying that our marriage will be a testimony of hope. Sometimes I feel strong and other times I feel despairing, like I have to DO SOMETHING right now, or I will be tearing my marriage apart with my own hands. Please pray that God will give me the right words at the right time, and that I will be able to wait to see what God will do. Thank you so much... From the bottom of my heart.

#30 felicia

felicia

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:27 AM

Amen. Father steph is seeking you, asking you to order to restoration of her marriage, give her the words in due season to speak and enable her to wait until Your timing is perfected, in Jesus name, Amen.