386 replies to this topic

#1 stephintex

stephintex

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 07:33 PM

I have been asking for prayer for about a week regarding my husband who left two Mondays ago, saying he didn't love me or want our marriage. I thank you so much for helping me to believe that God could turn this situation around. He came home tonight, saying that he was coming home, but he couldn't promise me anything. It is great that he is home, but please pray that God will complete the work He started, and that we can make our marriage a testimony of God's grace. Pray that the Holy Spirit will renew his heart and mind and mine, too. Thank you so much for holding on with me!

#2 Anne27

Anne27

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 08:10 PM

Father, I agree with this prayer and this plan. Lord, I pray specifically for a release of tension. Please remove the "alarms" from this woman's husband, so that he isn't looking for trouble in their marriage at every turn. Help him to be calm and his thoughts to be organized. Motivate him to seek quality, wise, counseling with his wife so that problems actually get resolved and they aren't walking on eggshells all the time, wondering when the next drama will unfold. Help stephintex to be patient and wise and discerning. Give her only your words to say and let her say them only in your timing. Help her to respect her husband's turmoil and pray for your best for him. Help her to release her anxiety and anger to you, so that she can begin to heal and forgive. I ask these things in Jesus' Name. Amen.

#3 felicia

felicia

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 08:13 PM

I STAND IN AGREEMENT WITH THIS PRAYER. THANK YOU FATHER FOR WORKING IN THIS HUSBAND'S HEART AND IN THIS MARRIAGE, IN JESUS NAME, AMEN.

#4 Prncssmn7

Prncssmn7

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 11:47 PM

God is good! Prayer works!

#5 tricy

tricy

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 11:59 PM

Heavenly Father, I join my prayers to those above, asking that you will be the One who holds and heals this marriage. You want only what is best for your children and I pray that you will take this pain and use it for the strengthening of stephintex and her husband. Bring peace and calm to their home and relationship. Enable them to talk and share and help them to move forward one step at a time in your strength and by your grace. In Jesus' name.

#6 peggyrose

peggyrose

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 01:54 PM

Father Thank You for answered prayers. i lift up this marriage and ask for a healing. in Jesus name amen

#7 angeladawn

angeladawn

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 03:50 PM

Praise God!! I will keep praying.

#8 Anne27

Anne27

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:50 AM

Lord, I continue to remind you of this family and of their needs. Please rebuild and restore them. Bring light, peace, grace, compassion, mercy, wisdom, and understanding into this home so that there might be more love than ever before. In Jesus' Name, I pray. Amen.

#9 stephintex

stephintex

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:57 AM

Well, my husband is home, but I feel like I need more prayer than ever... He only talks to me when I talk to him, and he is mostly just trying to live around me, instead of actually living with me. He avoids me at all costs. He isn't eating anything at home, or letting me bring him water or anything like that. I'm not sure why he came home just to behave this way. He told me that on Sunday, he won't be going to our home church... he's going to go with a friend to his church. I asked him if I could go with him, and he said, "no". I don't know if he's waiting for me to react or get mad, or what, but I'm trying to be as normal as I can be. It is very hard, and I feel very alone. Please continue to pray for a breakthrough. I'm counting on God for a miracle!

#10 Anne27

Anne27

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:26 AM

Lord, thank you for this update and showing us how to pray. Father, please help stephintex to lean fully on you and trust you completely with her husband's heart. Lord, the enemy would like it if she blew up at him or nagged him or created a situation that would drive him from his home. I pray a spirit of peace, compassion, wisdom, understanding, and self-control over stephintex that she may stand against the flaming arrows that are coming her way. Lord, we don't know why her husband came home. It may simply be convenience, but it doesn't matter because home is a safe place and it is where he belongs. Father, I pray that you would continue to speak clearly to this man no matter where he goes to church. I pray that you would work in his life and draw him near to you so that he can hear your voice clearly. Be the shield of stephintex's heart and be the lamp before her feet as she waits on you. I ask these things in Jesus' Name. Amen.

#11 Mike4Hope

Mike4Hope

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 11:33 AM

Steph: Praise God that your husband is home. I understand the stress and trial of the current circumstances, but trust me, ask any of us on here waiting for our prodigal to return home; we would all be thrilled just to have them home. Yes, It is a trial and a test that you must pass. Please stay centered in Christ..............try to reflect Jesus in all you think, say and do. Pray for your husband. Honor him in your mind before he is worthy. Love him from a distance. Do not let satan have even the smallest of victories. If he ignores you, take it to God. If he is curt, take it to God. If he lives separate in the house, take it to God. If you are lonely, take it to God. If you are hurt, take it to God. If you cannot take another minute, take it to God. A Proverbs 31 woman loves her husband through her love for God.....it works. Let God do the talking to your husband. Let God bring him back to your arms. These are my prayers for you. In Jesus name, Amen

#12 stephintex

stephintex

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 01:05 PM

Thank you, Mike, for that reminder, and for your good advice. I am very thankful that he is home, and I am trusting in God to carry the work through to completion. Last night, he was studying, (he's 5 months away from finishing nursing school) and I told him I was going to Wal-Greens. I came back about an hour and a half later, because my nephew called me to ask me to come over for a minute. When I got back home, Eddie said, "You took a long time at Wal-Greens". I took this as a good sign, because if he really didn't care, why would it matter how long I took? Anyway, your words echo in my heart every day, and I am determined to hold fast to God's promises and do the right thing. I know if I hover over him or pressure him in any way, it will just push him away. Pray that my words and actions will be guided by the Holy Spirit. Thank you so much for all your prayers... They are a huge encouragement to me during this time!

#13 rws3

rws3

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 03:58 PM

Lord, thank you for bringing steph's husband home. we ask that You will continue to reinforce that he made the correct decision. even when the healing process gets tough, we pray that You will reassure him that he is in Your will. give steph the wisdom to know what to say and do... guide her by Your Holy Spirit and give her peace. we pray that You will protect his marraige from any negative influences while it is in this fragile state. Amen!

#14 Anne27

Anne27

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 07:45 PM

Lord, I join my prayers for stephintex and her husband. Father please give her your wisdom and understanding so that she can respond to this situation as you would. Lord, please don't let her have to walk on eggshells. Please work in her husband's life so that he will realize how much he is loved and needed. Let this realization feel like a blessing and not a weight, Lord. Help him to come out from under the pain and pressure that has caused him to be so troubled. Let him take his wife's hand and begin working through this problem with sound, wise Christian counseling. Let all be compassionate, peaceful, and understanding, I pray, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

#15 angeladawn

angeladawn

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:32 AM

Lord, I lift Eddie and Steph up to You in prayer. Lord, I am praying that Eddie recieved a message at church today that leads him to reconciling this marriage. Lord, I thank You for bringing this prodigal home. I ask that You speak to his heart. Give him the eyes and ears to discern between You and any other. Let him know YOur truths and be blinded to satan's lies. Lord, let him have a longing in his heart to be closer to You. In the Lord's name I pray, Amen.