8 replies to this topic

#1 maryjo1975

maryjo1975

New Prayer Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 07:25 AM

Just wanted to let you know after a 2 year restored marriage and a week of fasting and praying my husband has demanded a divorce and I am not fighting him. I moved out yesterday and am giving him what he wants. He says this is the only thing that will make him happy and if I want to make him happy I should do this. Well, its my ultimate sacrifice but I am doing it. I pray he find the happiness and peace he has been looking for for over 30 years. Me and our almost 7 year old son are now living with my parents. I have realized that the marriage was not a healthy one and we were just delaying the inevitable. Please pray for me and my son. We have our good moments and our bad. My heart is broken not only because of the divorce but because my son is hurting. Thanks to all who prayed for my marriage in the last week. It means more than you will ever know.

#2 little old me

little old me

Prayer Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 08:53 AM

Father! So times it is difficult to understand your ways, thus I pray you will find this woman a greater love and happines than her husband ever was, Help her find a soulmate a perfect partner, and help her, help her child and protect them both, I beg you to save this woman that has stood for her marriage, that she will have faith and happiness again, for love's sake, Amen

#3 ann

ann

Prayer Power Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 04:31 PM

Dear Lord I pray for comfort and healing for both maryjo and her husband from this sepertation in marrage. Lord only you can see the bigger picture here and its hard for us when we can only see what is in front of us. Father take care of the childern and ensure there is always enough money for maryjo to be able to live independently from her husband. Lord I thank you for Maryjo in that she is a good mother and loving wife, please send her some joy in her life to help ease the pain, In Jesus name amen Hang in there maryjo, God has you in the palm of his hand, so it can only get better from now on. Ann B)

#4 RubyZ

RubyZ

Prayer Power Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 04:49 PM

Dear Lord, please guide and comfort this mother and son. Help them through this difficult time. I ask that they will find peace, strength and courage in you. I pray that they will do well. Help heal the pain that this son is feeling. I ask too that this man will strive to be a good father even as he chooses to leave his marriage. May he decide to be responsible and not just focus on his own happiness. Amen.

#5 patches

patches

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,527 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 06:43 PM

My heavenly Father, God of grace, I come to You right now because our Sister MaryJo and her son is hurting, we seek Your divine power to intervene. May Your grace flow into the heart, mind, body, soul and home of this Mother and Son right now. May Your grace flow into her parents' heart as well. Lord, Your Holy Spirit is the comforter, let His power convert her hurt to joy and let MaryJo put her trust in You completely. May You handle this situation according to Your ways and Your plan for this couple. Lord I pray for the husband as well, that the power of Your Holy Spirit will heal his spiritual blindness, and bring him back to his senses. O Lord, it is our hope that this marriage is restored, that this man will come to repentance and his wife will gladly forgive him for the sake of their child. Thank You Lord. May MaryJo and Son find comfort in the home of her parent. Provide for their needs O Lord and fill MaryJo with wisdom. Send the right people to her pathway. May she be surrounded with good, caring people who comfort both of them. I pray that Your Angels will watch over them especially upon the son. May Your love heals the hurt in this boy and help him to grow not in anger and bitterness but powerful, loving and kind especially to the Mother and forgiving his Father for the wrong he has done to him and his mother. May this boy grow up to be man of faith that his life will be guided to Your Kingdom. I pray that You will bless him with good friend, good school and people who care and love him so that he will not be reminded of his parent's situation. May all of them be in good health always including the grand parents. Thank You Lord, for everything that happen has a reason. I pray that MaryJo will become a courageous, strong and loving woman of faith after going through this experience. May the love that You fill her with right now will also flow to her husband, son and her parents. Thank You Lord. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

#6 ekikaseven

ekikaseven

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 11:20 PM

Maryjo1975 Girl what are you thinking? Do not sacrifice. Get yourself a good attorney and FIGHT!! Your husband is very selfish, manipulative person. He is only concerned with HIMSELF. Forget about what he wants, and what he wants to be happy. HE HAS NO CONCERN FOR YOUR HAPPINESS. God does not require or expect that you be a martyr in this situation. And another thing, if the two of you have a HOUSE, then move back in immediately. The reason: alot of time, whoever leaves that is the person who does not get the house during the divorce. I bet your husband knows this. Since your self-centered husband is only thinking about himself, its high time YOU think about YOURSELF. Fight, fight, fight. I pray that God will strengthen you and comfort you during this time. ekikaseven

#7 patches

patches

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,527 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 01:33 AM

Father, be with MaryJo especially at this time of needs. You are her only hope in this hopeless situation in her marriage to bring a positive conclusion. May both MaryJo and her son protected and well taken care off. Let their pain and hurt be Your responsibility. Bring complete healing to their crushed spirit Lord. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

#8 maryjo1975

maryjo1975

New Prayer Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 08:03 AM

I know its been 6 months but I have an update and another prayer request. This coming Wednesday..Sept. 20th, we have a date for mediation. This is what happend. After I left (we dont own a house by the way) he started telling me that he was going to download the divorce papers from the internet and then he would fill out my papers and then only give me what he thought I should see. I knew then I was in trouble so I ran out and filed the papers myself. I had to to protect myself and my son. When my ex found out he became furious and hired a lawyer. We had already decided not to use them because neither of us could afford one. Well, he also stopped paying for anything except child support. So he then had plenty of money. I now have none. Anyway, for most of the last 6 months things have been fine. We have mainly gotten along. He has had a girlfriend since probably before he demanded the divorce and now he is keeping our son at her house on his weekend visitations. They are refusing to give me her address and she lives...as my son tells me..."in a run down shack in the middle of nowhere." She lives at the very opposite end of the next county which is at LEAST an hour away. My ex is letting our 7 year old son shoot live weapon and wander through the woods. I dont have any issues with the girlfriend. Except that she is refusing to give me her address unless I meet her and get to know her. And even then I am not sure she will. I dont want to know her address. I just want to know where my son is going to be! He is only 7 years old and his father doesnt seem to be as responsible as I thought he was. So we go for mediation this week and even though there isnt much to discuss (he pretty much kept us in poverty the 9 years we were together) there are few things and they are pretty big. I am very nervous because he has a lawyer and I dont. I cant afford one. It was expensive enough just filing the papers and my parents had to pay for that. I do have a job. It pays half of what my ex makes. And yet he can still sleep nights knowing that I have all the bills to pay. If it werent for being able to live with my parents and the child support he does give me I would be destitute. Please pray for me to find favor with the mediator (its a woman by that way which gives me a little hope) and even my stbx husband and his lawyer if he comes. Please pray that all our needs will be met and that we can come to agreement on everything in mediation so that we dont have to go to court. Pray that my husband's girlfriend wont be allowed to dictate anything about my son to me or even to my ex husband. I have tried VERY hard to keep things as civil as possible for my son's sake and also my own. But it seems that the less upset I get about things the more angry my stbx husband becomes.

#9 Iambeautiful

Iambeautiful

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,157 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 05:56 PM

Dear Jesus I ask that you will work in this situation.Amen.