5 replies to this topic

#1 angmbryan1

angmbryan1

PrayWay Member

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 12:05 PM

I am requesting prayer for my mother-in-law. As of right now my husband and I and our children have no contact with my mother-in-law or my husbands family. The reason stems from a long list of instances where my mother in law has belittled me as a wife to her son and disrespected our marriage.Its as if I am in competition with her. I have loved and accepted her but it seems that my whole relationship with my mother-in-law has been centered around her using me and my children. She has asked me to do illegal things for her financial gain. She stays mad at us for vaious reasons (Example: If we dont answer the phone, buy her gifts, do what ever she wants us to do, She even got mad about our choice of church to worship at)She makes a difference in the treatment of my husband and I and our children compared to her other son. She wants him to choose between her or me his wife.My husband has tried to still have a relationship with his mother by calling her but she will not return his calls. I know this hurts him because he is a good and respectful son to his mother. We were told that she was recently mad because he did not buy her a valentines day gift. My mother-in-law is married but insisits that my husband do things that her husband should do for her. We are trying to go on with our lives but this situation brings alot of stress. Please pray for Gods intervention in this situation and that God would bring healing to our family. Also that he would touch the hearts of all concerned and bring love peace and joy to this family

#2 little old me

little old me

Prayer Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 05:05 PM

Father! I pray you will bring this mother in law wisdom to let go of prestige and feelings of superiority that she again will be a part of the family in an equal way and that she will find love and understanding in her heart, father, I pray you will bless this family, bless this woman for coming to you father and for understanding the concept of family though times are hard with her mother in law, for love's sake, Amen

#3 Melissa

Melissa

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,296 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 10:43 PM

Father God, I lift up this family to you now in Jesus name. Thank you for your love and grace for each member of this family. Please renew this husband and wife's strength in regards to their mother. I pray for your peace to rule and reign in their hearts and minds and that you will help them to forgive this mother who has wronged them. I pray that this husband and wife will continue to put their marriage above all other relationships. Protect their marriage from anyone and anything that would try to tear them apart. Please heal this mother's heart and mind from unhealthy ways of thinking and loving. Show her how to love and how to receive love in the way you desire. I pray that she will see her sin and repent. We ask for restoration and joy in this family. Thank you that this husband is not held captive by his mother. Please wash away all stress that this situation has brough and sustain this family with your love and grace. Thank you for your help and your care! Thank you that we can cast this burden upon you. In Jesus name I pray.

#4 RubyZ

RubyZ

Prayer Power Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 10:48 AM

Dear Lord, I pray that this mother-in-law will desire to rebuild this relationship rather than focusing on bickering and petty complaints. Bring peace and hope to these relationships. Touch this mother-in-law's heart. Help her to see how destructive and hurtful her behavior is. May she feel convicted about this and ask for forgiveness. Replace the bitterness in her heart with love and understanding. Lord, I pray that angmbryan1 and her husband will always put each other first and not let this mother-in-law hurt their family. As long as she continues this hurtful behavior, may they have the strength to stay away from her and not let her cause more pain. I pray that their marriage and children will always be their first priority. Please guide them in this difficult situation. Amen.

#5 J_bagley

J_bagley

Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 12:00 PM

Lord I pray that you guide this mother in law & show her the light that she is missing. Give her the strength to see past herself - to see a beautiful family you have gifted her with. Give her the courage to look inside herself & the wisdom to change

#6 patches

patches

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,527 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 12:32 AM

Father, I pray for the power of Your Holy Spirit to work in the heart of this mother-in-law and change her attitude from being selfish to that of grace and love for the family of her son. May Your grace flow into the heart and life of the daughter-in-law that she will find favour with God, her husband, the mother-in-law and other family members. May her husband continue to love her and the children as well as the mother. Father God, nothing is imposible for You to alter. See the heart of this woman who come to You in faith and believing in Your saving grace. Save this family O Lord. Let the change in the mother-in-law be a great testimony and bring glory and honor to Your name. Thank You Lord. I plead the blood of Jesus upon this woman and her family that they will be protected and covered from harm and evil, from robbers and theft, sickness and pain. Fill their household with laughter, let they be good communication all around. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.