7 replies to this topic

#1 Zeeboe

Zeeboe

Advanced Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:28 PM

I'm pretty new to the legit Christian thing...and yet for some reason, I feel the need and desire to preach to people. I tried to preach to my Father the way Ray Comfort would, and it didn't go over too well. My Dad thinks because he's Christian that he's saved, even though he sins often. He said it's not my place to judge, and that by preaching this way...all it will do is make people mad. And I know that since I watch The Way of the Master often. lol. I need to do more research I think before trying to be like Ray Comfort. :) Although truth be told, right now...I feel like giving up. I feel pretty defeated right now, and highly regret even trying in the first place. If you don't mind, would you guys please say a prayer for my Father and I?

#2 charityanne

charityanne

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,857 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 03:41 PM

Heavenly Father please give this person guidance, and wisdom as to how to talk to people, and to win them to the Lord. Please help this person to never give up, as it is our command to try to win others to our dear Saviour. I know Father we will be rejected many times by others, as I have been myself, but we must continue on fighting for the cause of Salvation. I thank you Father for hearing this prayer. Bless this person. In the name of Jesus. amen. God bless you Zeeboe. Never give up. My own child made fun of me. I sometimes think our own families are the hardest to win; or so it is for me. I just pray for him, sometimes that is all we can do.

#3 Zeeboe

Zeeboe

Advanced Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:46 PM

If I may ask please...if a person says they are a Christian, should you not bother witnessing to them, even though there's a chance that they might be a religious hypocrite? I mean, there are tons of people out there who claim to be Christian, yet they sin all the time...and they think because Christ died on the cross...that it's okay to sin. According to my father, if a person says they are Christian....one should not witness to them. That it's none of my business, and that I am judging them by trying to witness to them. What do you guys think?

#4 kellydriskill

kellydriskill

Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 10:59 AM

father please give my brother increase god and guide himin the way he should go please give him work in you lord jesus (because i personally would rather sweep up trash after a rheinhard bohnke crusade than preach to deaf ears :) )so please soften the hearts of those around him and remind him that a prophet is only without honor is his own home and in his own land and may god bless and keep you and may you bear fruit in season and may god do exceedingly and abundantly above all we can hope or think to imagine and in jesus name lord please spare the family amen

#5 peggyrose

peggyrose

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:29 PM

Father i ask that You give this person wisdom and knowledge of You Word so he can preach Your Word. give him the strength that he needs to do Your Will so he doesn't give up.open his father's heart to hear his son talk about the Word. on Jesus name amen

#6 Angelika

Angelika

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:47 PM

If I may ask please...if a person says they are a Christian, should you not bother witnessing to them, even though there's a chance that they might be a religious hypocrite? I mean, there are tons of people out there who claim to be Christian, yet they sin all the time...and they think because Christ died on the cross...that it's okay to sin.

According to my father, if a person says they are Christian....one should not witness to them. That it's none of my business, and that I am judging them by trying to witness to them.

What do you guys think?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know, as Christians, we at times will sin and when we do, we can ask for forgiveness and ask the Lord to help us not to do that again. Just because we are Christians, it doesn't mean that we are perfect, cause we're not, and so we will sin from time to time. Then there are those that will sin and don't feel the need to ask the Lord for forgiveness, because of pride, and God hates pride and that too is a sin. Now about judging others, according to the Word of God, we are not supposed to judge those that don't know the Lord as their Saviour, but we can judge those that are in the body of Christ. Some people think that they are Christians because they were born into a Christian family, or like Muslims, they think they are Muslims because they were born into the Muslim faith, so what makes a person a true Christian, a true Christian dies to self, and lives for Christ. I was born as a Lutheran, because my parents were Lutheran, but I was not a Christian until I repented, got baptized and gave my whole life to my Lord and saviour. Also, there are lots of Christians that think that just because they are born again and that it's ok to keep on sinning because they are saved, but that is a big lie that they have been told by someone that didn't know the facts from the bible. If one is truly a child of God, and has the Holy Spirit in them, then the Holy Spirit will convict them of any sin that they are involved in, and if they really love the Lord, they will repent. Some people say that once saved, always saved, well that is not true. Look at what happened to Judas, after he turned our Lord over to the Roman soldiers, he felt really bad for what he had done and took his own life and ended up in hell, and so he lost his salvation didn't he ?
Now on to Ray Comfort, his methods are very good, but do you remember in the one episode he said that he has had his nose broken several times because he was trying to win souls for Christ ? Well, he did, and it shouldn't come to anyones surprise that it happened, because many of Gods' children today are being persecuted because of their faith. Why, because the world hates us as they hated Jesus, and most of the disciples where eventually tortured and murdered for their faith, so don't be surprised when people turn on you for sharing your faith in Christ, it's to be expected, so we are going to be persectuted for His name sake.
Now if I where you, I would stop talking to your dad about salvation, because he obviouly has an issue with it, so just pray for him and let the Lord do the rest. By the way, did you buy the whole series by Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron, or did you, like me, go on Utube and watch some of the teachings there ? I would like to buy the whole set of cd's but I can't afford it at this time and it sucks, because I would like to be successful in reaching the lost like Jesus says we must.
I hope that what I have said here helps you. In the meantime, keep up the good work for Christ.

#7 Mirta

Mirta

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:11 PM

Wow, those were wonderful words of hope and inspiration. I am not familiar with all the names of today's evangelists as I have stopped trying to keep up with all of them. Instead, I concentrate on the Word of God and what it teaches us to do. Like all the others have said, it is best to pray for those who have closed their ears and let them be. Sometimes we do get confronted by some people and at times we have to take a stand for our faith. We must be duly prepared for such occasions, lest we be made to look foolish. Know the Word, study it, ask the Lord to burn His Word into your heart, your mind, and your spirit. Prepare yourself for battle by wearing the full armor of God, pray, pray, and them pray some more. Be sure to clean house and wear the proper garments as it says in Colossians 3. In Jesus' name I pray that you will be properly discipled and prepared, Amen.

#8 patches

patches

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,527 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 02:03 AM

If I may ask please...if a person says they are a Christian, should you not bother witnessing to them, even though there's a chance that they might be a religious hypocrite? I mean, there are tons of people out there who claim to be Christian, yet they sin all the time...and they think because Christ died on the cross...that it's okay to sin.

According to my father, if a person says they are Christian....one should not witness to them. That it's none of my business, and that I am judging them by trying to witness to them.

What do you guys think?

Zeeboe, I do not know why suddenly my brain is empty, real empty. I will pray for your needs and ask God to totally take control of this situation.

Father, I totally surrender this situation to You. Deal with it according to Your plan for Zeeboe, Lord. Thank You Jesus for Your timely help. Amen.