65 replies to this topic

#31 simisand

simisand

Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 07:53 PM

Let me ask you this: at what time in one's life does one decide or say to to one's self "Okay well maybe doesn't want me to get married after all?" Simone

#32 ekikaseven

ekikaseven

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 02:55 AM

Simisand, An answer by God that is delayed does not mean He is saying "NO". Only you can make the decision as to whether you desire to be married however. I'm in my second marriage (this one is a charm). However, it was YEARS before God sent my second husband. My first marriage broke up in 1985 and I did not remarry until 1997!!!! I met my present husband in 1996. So, dear 11 years was a LONG time. And, yes it could be very frustrating, lonely and heartbreaking at times. However, I knew without a doubt that (1) I wanted a husband (2) I needed one (3) I felt eventually God would send the right person. And, God did!!! So, my dear, never give up hope. Take this time to prepare yourself!! So that you can be one hack of a "catch" for some man. And, don't worry about looking for your husband, God has a wonderful way of bringing him across your path. Be blessed. ekikaseven

#33 simisand

simisand

Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 09:30 PM

Hi there, Yes you are right even though I know God's want me to be patient and to just trust in him, it's been lonely, frustrating and heartbreaking at times. I think I am the type of girl where guys only see as a friend but not dating material but maybe I am just being very down right now. I am just grateful for everyone's prayers. You said that if God wants you to be with someone then he will send someone in your path, and I am trying to be patient and please pray for me that I might acquire that grace.

#34 simisand

simisand

Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 05:56 AM

Hi everyone, Here is another update. I was working in the shop yesterday and I brother came in and he was talking to another lady about the lack of vocations to the priesthood and religious life. In the process he looked over at me and smiled and said that he thinks I would make a good sister, he asked me if I was interested and I said no. After he left I started to panic because I am saying to myself that maybe this is yet another sign from God that maybe marriage is not what he intended for me. What do you think?

#35 inwoc

inwoc

Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 08:48 AM

Hi there. I want to let you know that I will be praying for you and God's direction in your life. I truly believe that if God wants you to be a nun then you will have no doubts about it. My husband and I have gone to two Family Life Marriage conferences and we are still learning about what God wants for us. God created us to need companionship and for relationships with one another. That could be why you feel lonely at times? I am not sure if that was a sign for you or not but if that is was God has planned for your life you will know without a doubt. God may have you a husband and this husband will be God's gift to you. He is waiting because His timing is perfect. Don't be discouraged you are still very young. God's timing is not our timing so don't question Him. God has a perfect plan for your life His plan will never fail. I admire you in the fact that you simply want to do God's will and God knows your heart and He honors that. He knows what you need and He will give you a peace about what He wants for you. None of us know the answers but we can all encourage you and lift you up in our prayers. Hang in there and know that God's will is perfect.

#36 sharnellove

sharnellove

Advanced Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 01:04 PM

Praise God :D beautifully said! amen

#37 SweetAngelzzz

SweetAngelzzz

PrayWay Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 05:49 PM

Dear Father in heaven, I pray for this person to feel complete and loved in life. I pray that they find themselves and find the road to happiness and success. Amen.

#38 simisand

simisand

Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 03:56 PM

Hi everyone, Here is another update now this is beginning to frighten me really. I was working in the shop today as usual when a priest comes in. He looks at me and says that he feels that have the dispositition to be a nun. When I asked him what disposition he is talking about he says I look calm, peaceful sirene, and all those are qualities of a nun!! So I am really beginning to wonder because he is the second person who has come to the shop that thinks I have a calling to the religious life. I welcome anyone's advice please!! What is conflicting me is that I still have the desire to be married, I want companionship but to me honest I am not sure if this is God's will for me. Please everyone lift me up in your prayers, maybe God will give one of you a revelation or a word. I am getting so confused. Simone

#39 rebeqa

rebeqa

PrayWay Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 01:40 PM

Great is Thy Faithfulness and Unfailing Love! Heavenly Father, Thank You so much for the outpouring of Your Holy Spirit here, in support of Simone's spiritual nakedness before The Brethren. May Your thoughts through the power of Your Holy Word, become hers, as they permeate the marrows of her bones, in fulfillment of Your perfect plan, purpose and will for her life. You instruct that we ask for wisdom, and that You would grant it liberally, so I fervently pray that You inbue Your wisdom, understanding, discernment, and knowledge to Your Beloved, as You equip her from sheephood to discipleship. How awesome it is Abba, that we can count on the promises of Your Word, that You will surround Your Remnant Bride with favor as with a shield. [Ps 5:12] Glory, Glory, Hallelujah!

#40 Rebekah9414

Rebekah9414

New Prayer Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 02:58 PM

Father in heaven, you alone really understand what is in this heart. Please bring strength, guidance and peace to this life. You are awesome and Your ways are above understanding. Please be with us all as we search Your word and pray so that we may be filled with wisdom and live the life that would please You and fit Your will. Please help this searching soul to find You and her secure place in Your kingdom. I praise you for the good You bring to us. Help her to rely only on what is true of your word, and not be deceived by any man-made agendas. Please bless her with genuine clarity and bless her desire to serve you. Please guide her in the right way. In the Name of Jesus I ask this. Amen.

#41 simisand

simisand

Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 04:52 PM

Hi Rebecca, What do you mean that I not be deceived by man made agendas? Simone

#42 simisand

simisand

Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 08:21 PM

I just cannot understand why the prospect of being a nun frightens me so? I am literally afraid of going to work for fear of someone saying that I should join the convent again Simone

#43 simisand

simisand

Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 07:56 PM

Does anyone have any advice for me?

#44 Melissa

Melissa

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,296 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 07:45 PM

Hi there. I want to let you know that I will be praying for you and God's direction in your life. I truly believe that if God wants you to be a nun then you will have no doubts about it. My husband and I have gone to two Family Life Marriage conferences and we are still learning about what God wants for us. God created us to need companionship and for relationships with one another. That could be why you feel lonely at times? I am not sure if that was a sign for you or not but if that is was God has planned for your life you will know without a doubt. God may have you a husband and this husband will be God's gift to you. He is waiting because His timing is perfect. Don't be discouraged you are still very young. God's timing is not our timing so don't question Him. God has a perfect plan for your life His plan will never fail. I admire you in the fact that you simply want to do God's will and God knows your heart and He honors that. He knows what you need and He will give you a peace about what He wants for you. None of us know the answers but we can all encourage you and lift you up in our prayers. Hang in there and know that God's will is perfect.

View Post

Hi Simone! I just read some of your posts and I thought this was pretty good advice. I also agree that you will really know in your heart and truly have peace about it if you are supposed to be a nun. It doesn't sound like you have much peace about it or desire right now. Keep seeking Jesus and desiring his will for your life and things will work out for good. He'll guide your life. Don't be pressured into something because of what man says. You can serve God in mighty ways even if you are not a nun. And if God calls you to be a nun. He'll reveal that to you in your Spirit and you will have peace and joy about it.

Father, guide this woman in your loving care. Thank you for the plans you have for her. Thank you for your heart for her and your desire for your goodness in her life. I pray that you fill Simone with your perfect peace. Guide her on the path you have for her. Please bless her with a husand in your perfect timing if that be your will. Fill her heart with your desires for her life. Bless her Jesus. Help her to trust you and rest in trusting! You are so faithful and good. May she hear your voice Father. Thank you Jesus that you watch over this woman and perfect that which concerns her. In your name I pray.

#45 simisand

simisand

Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 07:56 AM

Hi, Can anyone tell me what this sentence means: Haste makes waste with the understanding to wait for someone else. Can this statement mean that I am meant to be a nun in that that someone else could be Jesus, or is it referring to marriage? Let me know what you all think. Simone