65 replies to this topic

#16 sharnellove

sharnellove

Advanced Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 11:22 PM

:) darling we all in some area of our lives have questioned what is GOD's will or his best for our lives I think when we do'nt no what to do just trust that in due time the good LORD will bring confirmation of his will to you in the mean time get caught up in praising him reading his word and loving on him who will be your husbandman regardless of the outcome GOD had Adam focusing on the work he gave him to do first before he told Adam that it was not good for him to be along because other's are getting married do'nt mean that it's the Lords timing for you so be patience love and wait on the LORD for Father knows best and please do'nt look at any condition in your body GOD is in control and he is a healer it is all recieved by faith the same way your answer for your life direction will come by faith talk about the timing of GOD I want children but my timing is not the lords I felt the same way when all my friends were pregnant all my sisters that are younger than me had babies and I ask the lord what about me! but I learned now to just speak peace to my mind and silence to the voice of the devil that says it wo'nt happens satan is a liar and GOD is on the throne and always on time and he loves you so please wait on him and trust him love you be bless!

#17 simisand

simisand

Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 08:27 PM

Hi there Sharnell, I know and believe you r right. Yes God is good and I am trying to be patient. I have to trust God more. I know God loves me and wants the best for me but I guess I feel lonely at times. Most of my friends seem to be embarking on a new phase in their life. Don't get me wrong I am extremely happy for them, I guess at times I feel my life is going no where. I am also trying to build up my self because I have a negative view of myself where that is concerned so I do have alot to work on. You said I am to wait on the Lord and I know that is what I need to do but patience is not one of my strong suits so I am asking for your prayes that God will give me the strength and patience I need and just wait on him. Simone

#18 Prank

Prank

New Prayer Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 08:57 PM

To tell you the truth, I'm only 15, but maybe I can help.

You seem to be pressured to make a decision based on the "norm". You see happy married couples, friends, etc, that seem completely content. Which is fine for the majority, hence the "norm".

On the otherside of the spectrum you see nuns who lead peaceful lives of prayer.

My advice? Firstly, as much as I respect priests/nuns/anyone who dedicate their lives to prayer, God, and our religion and sacrifice their ability to raise a family, if you seriously have to consider becoming a nun, it isn't for you. If it's not something that you are completely committed to you will not be successful as a nun; you will always have "what if" stapled in the back of your mind.

As for finding a nice guy? Maybe if you're 30 and haven't found romance too blatantly that isn't for you either, I'm not sure, though.

What I'm getting at is, don't base your life decisions on what you see other people doing. What extraordinary person can you name accomplished whatever amazing feat by following what everyone else did? I cannot name any saint, scientist, writer, philosopher, or any great person that was remembered for living a normal life.

Maybe my advice isn't as relevant because of my age. I'm not sure what I want to do with my life, but I sure as hell don't want to live a life that has been lived a million times before. I don't think God put me here to do something average, and maybe you're in the same boat as I am.

Don't expect God to drop a perfect life on top of you if you pray hard enough. Pray for His Divine Guidence, and seek answers in your life with the utmost effort.

#19 simisand

simisand

Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 09:30 PM

Hi there Frank, You posted this part of a reply. Can you explain to me what exactly you mean by that As for finding a nice guy? Maybe if you're 30 and haven't found romance too blatantly that isn't for you either, I'm not sure, though Simone

#20 Prank

Prank

New Prayer Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 10:19 PM

I meant that maybe God didn't intend for you to get married? It's possible that you feel lonely because you feel the need to have a significant other, and God intended you to have a different lifestyle. (I didn't mean to offend. People get married much later than age 30 :D )

#21 sharnellove

sharnellove

Advanced Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:25 AM

hi sister God is moving by his spirit in your life and you must believe that you must trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding but in all your way acknowledge him and he will direct your path :) -- a prayer for you to pray --- I believe and confess that I have victory over the challenges of life, for the Lord has promised not to leave or forsake me. I receive boldness instead of fear to face the challenges. I boldly declare that the weapons of the enemy shall have no effect on me. I reject the interference of the spirit of fear. the fear of the future,failure,the fear of success,and all other fears. I break every tormenting effect which fear has had over my life. and I declare that I'm beautiful , and full of faith and my life shall be turned around and overflowing with happiness and blessings I receive the heart of a Godly fear to honour and magnify the Lord, and not the problems. I receive God's grace to trust him without doubt. I am blessed and highly favored----The Son of God set me free and I am free indeed. No evil befalls me. No weapon formed against me prospers God plan is to prosper me and not to harm me. God' plan is to elevate me and not to demote me the Lord is giving me joy in all things I give God the praise and glory because he began a good work in my life and he shall complete it thank you JESUS -----------------------------sister the Lord loves you and he will make a way out of no way .began to build yourself up the Lord don't make no junk put God first and love yourself (Lord make my sister secure and build her up from the inside out ) thank you JESUS :) Jesus loves you be bless love you

#22 simisand

simisand

Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:23 PM

Hi there Prank, Well thank you for answering me. Yes maybe you are right, maybe God has meant for me not to get married. I just wish I knew which lifestyle, maybe to be single or be a nun. I don't think I understand exactly why you say that maybe God doesn't intend for me to get married though?

#23 simisand

simisand

Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:25 PM

Hi there Sharnell, Thank you so much for your prayers. I am slowly learning to surrender my all to God even his vocation for me. I must admit that each day that passes I think I am beginning to see that maybe God intended me for different lifestyle other than marriage. I read Prank's last post and maybe he is right. Anyway, God knows best so I just have to trust me whatever direction he make take me. Love always: Simone

#24 simisand

simisand

Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 08:08 PM

Hi there, I just want to thank everyone for praying for me that God will make known to me his will and direction for me concerning my life's vocation. I am learning to just trust the Lord and trying to keep an open mind. It's been hard as sometimes I get so impatient and I want to get married but I have come to the realization that is not my will but God's. Slowly but surely it's helping me to just let go and Let God handle the situation. Simone

#25 simisand

simisand

Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 08:46 PM

Hi there, This is just an update. More and more I am getting more and more afraid of what is God's vocation for me. I work in a religious bookstore and two ladies came in there the other day to sell me some free movie tickets. In the process I was talking to one of the ladies and she asked me if I was a nun? I said no and asked her if I look like one and she muttered something but I didn't hear and she smiled. Ever since that day I am now thinking that the fact that she asked me if I was a nun that maybe I am to take that as a sign? I would like anyone's advice. If someone came to you and asked you if you were a nun and you weren't would you take that to mean that maybe God is trying to send you a message that he wants you to be a nun? I don't know why it bothers that maybe God could be calling me to be a nun. I know I don't want to and I know I don't have the desire to be one either but I am so confused because I don't want to directly say no to God either. Can anyone give me advice??? I need your prayers.

#26 ekikaseven

ekikaseven

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 11:34 PM

Simisand, Just because someone ask you if you are a nun does not mean that it is a sign from God for you to be one. That would be something that God would allow you the choice (it's an individual choice). Alot of times if one does not here from God, its because He is allowing us to choose our vocation. Most time He does. Read the first sentence in Deuteronomy 30:9, it states: "And the Lord thy God will make the plenteous in every work of thine hand,". One can work in ministry without being a nun. There is alot to be done! One can do ministry and have a different vocation. There is a difference. Jesus was always in ministry so to speak, however has vocation was a "carpenter" (before He went in full-time ministry). "Paul" vocation was a "tentmaker" (see Acts 18:3). My brother is a successful insurance salesman but he is also a preacher. If you are concerned about RE: being a nun versus God's will for you to get a husband remember this: before God created the church -He created marriage. You know the story of Adam & Eve in the book of Genesis. Fast & pray and get your direction from God. He has a way of revealing His will to us if He wants us for a specific purpose. However, we are all called to minister to others. And by you working at the bookstore, I'm sure you get plenty of opportunity to minister. May God bless on your road to success. Keep me inform! ekikaseven

#27 sharnellove

sharnellove

Advanced Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 12:10 AM

Amen I really thank God for your advice to Simone ekikaseven in the word it's written forbid not to marry like I said Simone once before your desire for a husband is in conflict to a nuns desire to only be married to the Lord Jesus why would you do something with this desire to be married in you and regret it later God moves by faith you not knowing his will is causing fear and confusion trust him and thank him for the direction that he will give you Lord remove the cloud of despair from over Simone's head that she may recieve a clear word from you in Jesus name Lord I command the voice of the enemy to be silent and Lord let Simone her the voice of the good shepard today so she will know what your will is she has a true desire to serve you that's why she wants to make sure of your will for her life Simone I hear the word saying trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not to your own understanding but in all your ways aknowledge him and he will direct your path

#28 simisand

simisand

Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 10:12 PM

Hi there Sharnell, With regard to your last post to me what do you mean when you said that my desire for a husband in in conflict to a nuns desire to only bemarried to the Lord Jesus? You also said you hear the word saying trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding but in all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your path. What do you mean lean not on my own understanding?

#29 sherrylynn

sherrylynn

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:43 PM

Dear God, please help simisand to hear Your will and chosen path for her. Please help her not to lower her standards just to "get married". Please help her understand the older we get the more wise we become...making us a better soul mate. It is God's will...be patient...you have PLENTY of time!! Stop and enjoy what you have and be thankful. A wonderful advantage you have, at this point, is you can now learn from the relationships around you...you can benefit greatly from them. You are also in great need..you can be a mentor or a big sister to children that do not have guidance in their lives. You can also volunteer in the many organizations. I am certain there are many where you live.You seem to want marriage so becoming a Nun might not be for you but you can do selfless acts. Who knows....maybe you will even meet your future husband doing this. Either way, it is a positive thing and you will receive God's favor. As for your chronic illness... love does not discriminate against illness...love is unconditional. Your illness can be used as a way to know if a man truly/unconditionally loves you. You have a clean slate and God's love. You are blessed. Keep praying to God. Your time will come. I will pray for you! You will be fine. God hear our prayers for this young woman. Amen!

#30 simisand

simisand

Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:57 AM

Hi there Sherylann, Thank you for your prayers. You said It is God's will...be patient...you have PLENTY of time!! What is God's will? Simone