65 replies to this topic

#1 simisand

simisand

Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 09:07 PM

Hi there, I am 29 years old and will be 30 on February 15. I for sometime have been trying to discern God's calling on my life whether it be marriage, to be a nun or be single. I am still not sure but something is bothering me. All my friends who are mostly younger than me are getting married and settling down. I just feel so out of place. I feel like my life is not heading anywhere. I do pray to God but I am still not sure what exactly he is saying to me. I feel so lonely at times. Can anyone pray for me and offer me any advice. SS

#2 betsybaby

betsybaby

Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:28 PM

Father, I pray to you tonight to please give SS the guidance and direction that she is looking for. Please surround her with your love and let her know that she is not alone. Amen

#3 RubyZ

RubyZ

Prayer Power Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:57 PM

Dear Lord, help this woman to have peace, patience and wisdom about this. May she keep you first in her life and trust that all else will follow from there. I ask that she will look to you in prayer for guidance. Bless her with the direction that she needs. May she hear you and know your will for her in this. Amen.

#4 patches

patches

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,527 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 07:46 AM

Dear Child, it is a pleasure to share with you the truth concerning our loving Father. I suggest to night read the Words of God in the bible, perhaps you can start with the whole chapter 4 in Proverbs. (Philippians 4:6-7 TLB): "Don't worry about anything, instead, pray about everything, tell God your needs and don't forget to thank him for his answers. If you do this you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus." (Jude 20 TLB): "Build up your lives ever more strongly upon the foundation of our holy faith, learning to pray in the power and strength of the Holy Spirit." O God my Father, open the heart of this child, simisand to You right now and may she receive Jesus Christ as her Lord and Saviour. By Your grace change her through and through. O Lord, teach her how to nestle in Your loving arms and draw from You the strength and power she needs to defeat every discouragement and fear. Teach her to hear Your still small voice so that whatever instruction she receive there are truly from You and not from the words of the devil, that she will not compare herself to others. May she be bless with wisdom, peace, love and joy. Guide her to put You first in her life and whatever answer she gets, she will honor and glorify Your name. Thank You Jesus. In Your name I pray. Amen.

#5 sharnellove

sharnellove

Advanced Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 01:01 PM

SISTER AS YOU SEE WE AS CHRISTAIN HAVE A HIGHER RATE OF DIVORCE THEN OTHER WAIT ON THE LORD BECAUSE YOUR FRIENDS ARE GETTING MARRIED DO'NT ALWAYS MEANS THAT THE LORD DIRECTED THEM TO DO SO I KNOW IN MY HEART THAT YOU WONTS THE LORDS BEST AND EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE'NT GOTTEN MARRIED YET DO'NT MEAN THAT YOU 'RE SUPPOSE TO BE A NUN IF YOU WE TO BE A NUN YOU WOULD NOT HAVE THE DESIRE FOR A HUSBAND SO PLEASE JUST WAIT ON THE LORD AND HE WILL BLESS YOU I WILL CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR YOU BECAUSE I CAN FEEL YOU HEART :D LOVE ALWAYS

#6 simisand

simisand

Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:59 PM

Hi there sharnellove, Thanks for replying. I understand what you r saying but how do you really know what vocation God is calling you too. I have been trying to discern if he wants to be a nun, be single or get married and I am really not sure. Do you or anyone else have any advice for me? For right now I am single but I am about to be 30 in February and I find it so hard at times and I get lonely. S

#7 ekikaseven

ekikaseven

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 08:24 PM

Simisand, The most common clue as a start to what God wants us to do what our lives lies when we realize: (1) what are our gifts or talents? (2) what are our passions in life? (3) even, alot of times, what are our dreams? It is God who put these desires and abilities in each of us. If you absolutely have NO idea, may I suggest that you go to a nearby college and take an inventory/interest test. This test (it's free) will show you occupations that most fit based on your interests. As far as marriage. Do not get married just because your friends are getting married. This is truly the wrong reason to get married and it may lead you to heartache. Are you presently with someone who you desire to spend your entire life with? Do you feel you are in a position to be a good marriage partner at this time of your life? Only you can answer these questions. If you are not with someone that you desire to spend your life with, then that's a different story. What I did when I was single, I fasted and prayed for God to send me a husband. I did not happen overnight, but God does answer prayers. May God bless you. :)

#8 simisand

simisand

Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:08 PM

Hi there E, What do you mean when you say this: If you are not with someone that you desire to spend your life with, then that's a different story. Why is it a different story? I have prayed to God and asked him if it is his Will to send me a husband but that has been like almost two years now, so I don't know. I also suffer from a chronic illness and I often wonder at times if it even makes sense to get married. I mean to ask a good man to take on the illness I have and all it entails I think is asking too much. What do u think? S

#9 ann

ann

Prayer Power Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:26 PM

Dear Father please help Simisand to understand your answer to her prayer.. I pray that you will guide her and lift her out of this confusion of direction in her life. Simisand, I k now that God will answer your prayer, he is waiting for the right time,Gods perfect time. you are loved so much by God.

#10 simisand

simisand

Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 05:09 PM

Ann, Thank you for your response. I know that God is doing it in his time and right now I am praying for the gift of patience to whatever walk of life he may be calling me to. Most of my friends has someone in their life and I am happy for them, I guess at times I just feel lonely. S

#11 patches

patches

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,527 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 07:44 PM

As I read through the various communications between yourself and the others, I felt that perhaps you can try to pray the Psalm 139. Get help from Christian friends. Try not to be in a hurry with your life, God has a plan for you. Some people stay single in order to fulfil God's plan for them in a way we sometimes do not understand, and yet can still live in peace and harmony. (Remember You are God's bride). Father, may the power of Your Holy Spirit guide and instruct this child Simisand to understand Your Word. Bless her with the power of the Gospel to reach out for others according to Your plans for her in Jesus' Name. Amen.

#12 ekikaseven

ekikaseven

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 08:35 PM

Dear Simisand, What I meant by "if you are not with someone that you desire to spend your life with" was if you were already in a relationship with someone that was headed in the direction of marriage. I know 2 years is along time to us humans but let me assure you it is not a long time on God's time table. How well do I know that, been there ,done that! People with chronic illnesses get married everyday. Don't be discouraged. Trust in God but at the same time Prepare yourself for a husband! This will make your marriage more successful. Prepare in every area of your life. Fast and pray for your healing, guidance, and for a husband. Some things will only come about when we fast and pray and that it! I had been praying that my husband would stop smoking for over 7 years. Nothing happened. I nagged at my husband, fought, cried,etc. I am allergic to cigarette smoke so I 'm sure you can imagine the distress this caused me. Anyway, I got mad one day about it. I went into action. I fasted for 3 HOURS. Praise God, that did the trick. The man stopped smoking immediately and his not smoked in a year. We are talking about a man who smoked over 2 packs per day for over 40 years (since he was a boy). Let me know how things go, ekikaseven :)

#13 simisand

simisand

Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:08 PM

Dear ekikaseven, Thanks for replying to my message. NO I am not in a relationship with anyone. I trying to be patient which is not one of my strong suits. I do trust the Lord, I guess part of me is afraid what if he doesn't want marriage for me? I know everything is done in God's timing and not a moment sooner. I do pray though and the Lord keeps on saying wait on him and to trust him completely. Thank you for your prayers. Simone

#14 ekikaseven

ekikaseven

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 12:34 PM

Simisand: Why wouldn't God want marriage for you? You can't have that thinking and expect to get your prayer answered. Have the attitude, Lord, I want a husband (end of story). You deserve a husband like any other woman. Stop selling yourself short. Everyday, go to your mirror and say, Simone, you deserve to have a husband. Confess and thank God for your husband. Say, Lord, I thank you for my husband. Praise God for this. Do this for your health and other areas as well. And before long, you will begin to see things manifest. Keep me informed. ekikaseven

#15 simisand

simisand

Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 06:46 PM

Hi there E, THanks for replying. Yes I will keep you updated. WHy wouldn't God want marriage for me? I don't know, maybe I am not the marrying type, I am just guessing. I guess for now I will just have to continue to pray to God and see what will happen. I guess that is proving a little difficult because I am not very patient. Simone