6 replies to this topic

#1 willis

willis

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:27 PM

My heart breaks for all the brothers and sisters that I see battling with depression. It like being put into a dark room where you can hear others but you can't see them and they can't even hear you crying out for help. Some cases medication can be the key because of chemical imbalance. Other cases professional therapy can be answer. Waiting on the Lord for him to heal you of this sickness, is also answer. But I speak to you my brothers and sister in the Lord. If know of someone who is battling with depression. Please offer up prayers cause prayers can move mountains. But also let the Love of Christ flow through you. If they need someone to cry with be that person. If they need someone to laugh with be that person. When they say they feel they can no longer go on, take hold of them and hug them and tell that you are right there with them and your not going anywhere. Let them know that going to be with through this storm. Some of you may say well that is God's job, Because most of us have never seen God we see those who say they are Christ like, so you have a chance to be a living, walking , talking version of Christ to show them his love is real. Depression destroys families it destroys relationships, it destroys jobs and it destroys the person going through it. Most time all they want is for the pain to stop, They may even pray themselves but at times they may loose hope because to them it seems that God is not there. I have been there and I know, even though I know God is real, you just feel so alone cause it seems that one can help you and no one understands your pain. So my brothers and sisters I ask you to let us as family begin to extend ourselves however you can to brothers and sisters that are suffering from them illness. Maybe all you can do is take them out for a cup of coffee or for a movie. I has brother who not only took me out to a movie but stood at my side till 2am many nights prayer over me and praying with me. I thank God everyday that I had a brother that was determined to see me through this storm. So let each of us be that determine to let those in need know that we are here. Lord God it is my prayer that you will use this body and church bodies to begin to stand and do battle with the enemy who only seeking to destroy our brothers and sisters for depression kills both physically and emotionally and mentally, you want ot give up and give in. So may even start thinking that death is the answer, but we all know that its a life from the pits of hell. We must live and they must live and go forward so God can complete the work that he started in them and you and I. May the Lord bless each of you and keep you.

#2 txlady

txlady

Prayer Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 04:44 AM

Standing in total agreement with you. No one knows what another goes through and carries except the good Lord. Let us hold within our hearts the love, concern for those around us, not only hold it but act up on it. A kind deed or a word of encouragement and cheer can make such a huge difference to the person in need battling depression or any illness and we know there is power in prayer. Dear Father in Heaven, I lift all who suffer from depression, that which the enemy has placed to rob them of joy, peace, may it be worked to bring good. May your hand be upon all who are ill, or going through a difficult time, may the healing remove the depression and may it be replaced with your perfect peace and joy... Father let us remember your example and compassion to those around us...give us the vision to see those who are in need, the compassion to reach out, the wisdom to speak the right words to help. I thank you for Willis, his loving and caring heart and words that touch us. Father I lift him before you asking in Jesus' most precious name that every need that he has lifted before you be worked according to your perfect will. Father may peace and joy cover him in all things as you embrace him...may his path be filled with all things good. I thank you for him and your wonderful plan you have regarding his precious life. In His name we ask Amen. God bless you my friend.

#3 cambodia

cambodia

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 08:10 AM

"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds ... Great is our Lord, and mighty in power ..." Psalm 147:3

Daddy, we lift all our brothers and sisters that are being attacked by depression to Your Mighty Throne of Grace. Daddy, please send Your Holy Spirit to Minister to them. Daddy, we also kindly ask that as your representatives here on earth, please give us the power and the strength and the will to notice when people are reaching out and to help them. Daddy, so that in the same way our spirits are lifted by you and by the Holy Spirit and by the many wonderful people you have given us, we may share this with others as we have freely received. In Jesus' Mighty Name. Amen

#4 CindyKD

CindyKD

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:25 PM

"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds ... Great is our Lord, and mighty in power ..." Psalm 147:3

Daddy, we lift all our brothers and sisters that are being attacked by depression to Your Mighty Throne of Grace. Daddy, please send Your Holy Spirit to Minister to them. Daddy, we also kindly ask that as your representatives here on earth, please give us the power and the strength and the will to notice when people are reaching out and to help them. Daddy, so that in the same way our spirits are lifted by you and by the Holy Spirit and by the many wonderful people you have given us, we may share this with others as we have freely received. In Jesus' Mighty Name. Amen

LORD I STAND IN AGREEMENT WITH WHAT WILLIS SAID AND FOR THE PRAYERS FOR DEPRESSION. I'AM A BELIEVER IN HEALING AND MAYBE THIS WILL HELP OTHERS. I DON'T KNOW HOW IT HAPPENED BUT IT DID. I WAS IN THAT DARK CLOUD OF DEPRESSION AND WAS ON MEDICATION. 2 SUNDAYS AGO I WAS LISTENING TO A CD BY PAT ROBERTSON ON THE 700 CLUB "HOW TO BE BLESSABLE" AFTER LISTENING TO THIS I WENT TO BE ALONE WITH GOD AND I WAS SO SICK OF BEIN SICK WITH THIS DARK GLOOM, PEOPLE WERE EVEN STARTING TO HURT MY FEELINGS ABOUT IT.I WENT TO GOD ABOUT IT, AND MONDAY MORNING WHEN I WOKE I WAS DELIVERED, EVEN THOUGH THINGS ARE STILL TOUGH, I THANK GOD ALL DAY, DEPRESSION IS TORTURE. TO ALL WHO ARE DEPRESED GO TO GOD ALONE, TELL SATIN NO MORE, AND ASK GOD TO FORGIVE YOU FOR EVERYTHING. WE ARE NOTHING WITH OUT HIM. I HAVE STOPPED MY MEDICATION. I AM DELIVERED AND I PRAY FOR EVERYONE TO PLEASE TAKE THIS TO GOD AND LAY ALL YOUR TROUBLES DOWN AND ASK FORGIVENESS FOR EVERYTHING. THE THING THAT HIT ME THE HARDEST ABOUT THE CD WAS WHEN THERE IS SIN IN OUR LIFE AND WE DON'T CONFESS IT PUTS A BLOCK ON OUR PRAYERS, AND MAYBE FOR WHAT EVER REASON MAYBE THAT DAY WHEN I CONFESSED ALL MY SINS, I WANTED TO BE FREE FROM ALL THINGS THAT WERE NOT OF GOD AND I WANTED TO MAKE SURE GOD HEARS MY PRAYERS. MAYBE WHEN I WAS PRAYING I CONFESSED A SIN I DIDN'T BEFORE BECAUSE I DID NOT REALIZE IT WAS SIN. BUT IT WORKED AND IT HAPPENED AND I KNOW IT CAN TO EVERYONE.PLEASE GO TO GOD ALONE TO ALL WHO SUFFER DEPRESSION, RELEASE ALL TO HIM. IN JESUS NAME , YOU WILL BE FREE

#5 willis

willis

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:35 PM

Praise be to God for he is a good God, while my break through was not as obvious as my sisters was. I had taken my kids to train town to spend time away from the military and stop thinking about what the hell my wife and I both were going through and the depression medication that we both taking. So as took my mind off me and her and focus on the kids. I begin to see, not what I didn't have or had lost. But what God has blessed me with, which were three health loving smiling faces. I realized that I was worry over things that didn't matter no really cares of about how many years I spent in the military. My kids love not what I do for a living. So later that day I begin to thank God because I felt that he had not heard my prayers over the last year for healing and to be set free of this monster depression. So my brothers and sister know that I speak from on pain when I talk of depression. Let us as family trade the depression of our brothers and sisters for our love. Meaning that we must begin to pour out such powerful love on those around that are suffer so that they can begin to realize they are not alone. For a key for enemy is to make us feel alone. But we are not and God in his time and can break those binds. Lord God I pray that someone will be blessed by something that is said. Please Lord God show us as brothers and sister in the Lord how to be apart of cure instead of just saying I will pray for you. Let us begin to show the love of God and be apart of the healing. God bless you all and may the Lord continue to use you to be a blessing to others. :D

#6 SandDunes

SandDunes

Prayer Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:00 PM

Thank You Willis!! You truly are a good soul He sent to us, for us! May the Lord bless you in abundance!! I agree with You on all that has been said. I pray the Lord will use us to help & reach out to all those who need a ray of hope, a stronger faith, God's love, kindness, warmth!! May we walk the path Jesus left for us and carry on His divine work & spread the true word of our Father in heaven! God Bless All!!

#7 Hayleysgrandma

Hayleysgrandma

Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 05:52 AM

Father I stand in agreement with my Brothers and Sisters in Christ. I have seen what depression can do in my daughter and I pray that no one has to suffer like this. Outsiders do not understand the pain and anquish that depressed people go through. Father I ask that you lift depression from each soul and restore that person to your light and happiness. Father we pray in Jesus name. Amen