2043 replies to this topic

#1 eric

eric

PrayWay.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 11:51 AM

I've decided to start an online collection of "Letters to God." The purpose is to get people thinking about God, and hopefully talking to Him...both Christians and non-Christians. Many of the letters are fictional, which is why I've created a new forum instead of posting them in the prayer forums.

The first 1400 or-so letters were entries in a writing contest I sponsored. You will read letters from around the globe including the USA, Australia, India, Pakistan, Uzbekistan, South Africa, Nigeria, Philippines, Malaysia, Canada, Nepal, Italy, Botswana, England, Zambia, Vietnam, Zimbabwe, Ghana, Ethiopia, Israel, Morocco, Ireland, Romania, Trinidad & Tobago, Jamaica, Finland, Malta, Indonesia, Moldova, Puerto Rico, Kenya, Serbia, Uganda, Belgium, Tanzania, Singapore, New Zealand, Ukraine, Jordan, Qatar, Algeria, Mauritius, Nepal, Germany, Liberia, Scotland, and Bulgaria just to name a few!

Beware that a lot of the letters are not edifying from a Christian standpoint. It is my hope that those letters will fill you with COMPASSION for those who speak to God without knowing Him. Many people take the opportunity to curse God instead of Praise Him.

I am amazed at the percentage of people who are angry at God; who have turned away from Him as a result of pain in their lives. Others are afraid that God is angry at them; only waiting to punish them for their sins. I was brought to tears several times as I posted the initial batch of letters, realizing how SO MANY people have misconceived perceptions about God!

On the other hand, many of the letters are written from the hearts of sincere believers, and as you read those ones, I hope you will be encouraged and INSPIRED to write your own letter to God!

Feel free to add your own letter to this collection by clicking "Add Reply" (if you are not a PrayWay member, you will need to register first). This is not the place to post general prayer requests, and there is no need to leave feedback or prayers in response to other peoples' letters. If you feel inclined to pray for the author of a particular letter, you may post those prayers in the prayer forums.

#2 Guest_Guest_George

Guest_Guest_George
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2005 - 11:53 AM

Thinking of you keeeps me awake, Dreaming of you keeps me asleep, Being with you keeps me alive, You make my life feel as if im really somebody, I pray for wisdom to understand my man, Love to forgive him and his patience moods, If I pray for him,i'll kill him to death.

#3 Guest_Tanja Ciilia

Guest_Tanja Ciilia
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2005 - 11:54 AM

Dear God, You know, don't you, that I'm feeling even worse than the camel who has just been dragged through the eye of a needle. You know all the other cliches I'm feeling like, too - dragged through a hedge backwards, run over by a lawnmower, caught between hell and high water, as well as the devil and the deep blue sea... struck by a bolt from the blue (several, in fact, since in my case lightning did strike twice in the same place)... and like the ship that was lost for a halfpennyworth of tar. However, dear God, you gave me my unique, albeit somewhat warped, sense of humour, which veers insanely from the sublime to the ridiculous and back again, and relies on the fact that the darkest hour is just before dawn, and that if there is enough blue in my virtual sky to make a cat a pair of trousers, the sun will come out again... some day. I know I might have been thankless for what was given me, and I hope you will believe my excuse that it's because I was so wretched at what has been taken away. You, the alpha and the omega, know this prayer even before I find the words to compose it. You know I am going to borrow yet another phrase... Lord, I do believe, but help my unbelief.

#4 Guest_Sarah Goetz

Guest_Sarah Goetz
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2005 - 11:55 AM

Dear God, I would start with an introduction explaining perhaps who I am, where I'm from, my hobbies, and all that jazz, but seeing as You already know all of that I'll cut to the chase. Well, this letter contains mostly questions, but also observations and thanks. I think it would be nice to ask you all of these things now so You have time to prepare your answers before I get to Heaven. Does that sound okay? Why do You create beautiful things such as panthers, snow-capped mountains, rolling green hills, or precious stones for us? We all love and admire those things, all though not all of us deserve to. Thank You giving everyone a chance to enjoy all of the more beautiful things life has to offer. Speaking of life, I would like to take this opportunity to thank You for such a wonderful life. I feel incredibly lucky, even without comparing myself to others. I've always wondered, do you go to Heaven even if you aren't Christian? I don't mean to be offensive to anyone, but I think that everyone goes to Heaven. I don't think that You would make somebody suffer eternally for making wrong choices in about a 70 year period. It just doesn't loving, and I know that You are definitely loving. And don't people who die momentarily and then the shock-thingies start their hearts up again always say they see a bright, bright light? I don't think everyone that it happens to is a Christian, so why do they always experience that light? Besides, what about the people who never even heard about Christ, like the Native Americans? It wouldn't be fair to send them to Hell for something they had no control over. I might be wrong, but that's just what I think. Well, I don't have much to say because I don't get all worked up about things that are impossible to answer until you get to Heaven. Those are just a few things I had on my mind. Hmmm... I'm not positive how to end this. Oh, I have an idea! In the words of Jim Carrey, "Well, see Ya later!" Love, Sarah Goetz- Age 12

#5 Guest_Barbara Byrd

Guest_Barbara Byrd
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2005 - 11:59 AM

Dear God, You and I have a thirty-year anniversary coming up. I made that committment to serve you, and I never looked back. It's unfortunate I can't say the same thing about either of my two marriages, especially the first one that didn't even make it to the one-year mark. I was young, naive and trusting...so trusting that I didn't know until years later that my husband's work-related travel made it easy for him to cheat on me. During the brief days of our marriage,there was a growing feeling of apprehension and uneasiness... a sense of unrest that I could never define. It was only years after the divorce, that he confessed to me that he'd never been faithful...not to me or his present wife...another young, innocent woman who was as easily fooled as I had been. My second marriage took place behind prison walls. This was never a relationship. It was a project, and an impossible one to accomplish. I did get three beautiful children out of this fiasco, but we all paid an amazingly high price on that journey. Lord, maybe I just have the tenacity of a pit bull, but I would like to know what it feels like to be loved in a way that's whole, healthy and honors you before I trade in this body for one that's eternal. I wasn't loved by my earthly father, so I didn't have the right tools in place when I made my two earlier selections. Being loved by you has taught me that I am worthy to be loved by your creation. You know I hate the idea of putting myself out there in that contrived singles scene, so could you please just prepare us for each other and place us on each other's path? Your girl, Barbara

#6 Guest_hali strength

Guest_hali strength
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:00 PM

Dear god thank you for takeing the time to listen to me for a secont I Know you must be busy. I just wanted to thank you for all the blessing you have granted me in my life. I know that sometimes it is easy to take for granate everything that you do for us. so I just wanted to take the time to thank you personally. I know that know matter what is put in front of me that you will be there 110 percent. If I can not do something on my own and at my whits end you always know when to show up. Or to find a way to make your presents known thank you so much. well I want keep you any longer thanks for listining. sincerly Hali strength

#7 Guest_Sarah Kelley

Guest_Sarah Kelley
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:01 PM

Dear God, Why are you still here? If I were you, I would have packed up years ago. I know your patient and loving and all, but honestly. You gave us humans the heavens and earth. And now we've basically trashed it. Sure, like computer you've dropped one to many times, it still works, but only by useing a little "miracle" duck tape. Not only that, but most of the people down here refuse to even aknowledge your work. Now it's all down to science. The big bang theory and evolution. Sure, that stuff could have happened, but they really need to think about the energy required to do that kind of thing; it cetainly wasn't a spontaneaus reaction. We can't even talk about you in school any more. I mean sure, people have to have thier own views, you can't just force stuff like that, but now thier talking about taking "one nation under God" out of the pledge of alligience. The fact that we are one nation UNDER GOD is the reason we're still around. With out you protecting us, we would have distroyed ourselves a long time ago. So why are you still here? Our scientists discredit you, our churches blasphme you, our people curse you when things go wrong. A lot of people even think of the bible as a story book, as if nothing in it is true. I guess I'll never understand. Which makes since because I'm only human. I mean, I can't even fully comprehend the meaning of eternity, much less reason with YOU. But why, of all places to be, are you still here? Sincerly, (A thouroughly grateful, and completley confused) Sarah

#8 Guest_Elektra Bastas

Guest_Elektra Bastas
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:02 PM

Dear God, I'm sorry but i don't follow religion. I don't think you are real and i don't think you are some magical ruler who created mankind. I think you are just a light to some souls who are damaged and have no one to look up to, and need guidance. I am nobody special. I could be completely wrong. I don't know the truth, and if presented with the chance to find it, i would not. I don't need to know the truth about you. I know some people need you to help them wether you are real or not. I on the other hand do not need you. I have friends and family that i love and respect. To me you are simply an angel in the minds of those who are afraid to take charge. If they mess up their life or if something bad happens, it's not their fault. It is yours. I almost feel bad for you. Everything that happens to these kind of people is because of you. It's a sign from you, and you will make it all better, right? Well if you're so great then why are there so many problems in the world? If you were really so powerful why can't you end war, starvation and stop the innocent deaths of people day after day. Doesn't that seam like to much to handle? To me it does. You probably don't care what i think and you shouldn't. Like i said i am a common person. There is nothing special about me. You should be happy to know that i will never need your "guidance" or your faith in me or in anything i do or say, becuase i have the faith in myself. I don't need to blame you for every little thing that happens in my life. What do i know, right? I have no idea. I'm taking my life day by day. I will take responsibility for my actions, i don't need you. If all people are your children then that must explain why a lot of people don't get along, and if i'm your daughter than please be proud of me for not needing you. Every father needs to learn how to let go, including you. Please let people take responsibilty for their actions. If something bad happens to them don't let them push you around and blame it on you. I feel very bad for you, infact. Who do you pray to? Who do you talk to? For the third and final time, i am nobody special, just a common person, but a great listener. If you ever need to talk about anything feel free to send your words down to me. I'll be your god. You can lean on me if you want to, that is if you're real. Maybe i'm just close minded. Maybe i'm stubborn for not listening to anybody about you, but deap down inside i know how hard it must be for you. I'm sorry for this burdon.

#9 Guest_Joe Wallace

Guest_Joe Wallace
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:12 PM

Dear God (To he who would presume to decide OUR fate) We do not know you anymore, and we do not care what you think. Because for the first time in the history of YOU, the single entity, we are no longer connected to you, and we cannot be affected by you. We… I have achieved true power, I have done something that the mortals cannot dream of or comprehend. Forever, there has been you, since the beginning. You were the source of all power, everything had to be connected with you to live, to feel your energy. It took much strength, infinite power and knowledge to get to where we are, but unlike the mortals, unlike the rules of these games and universes that you have set us in, we do not need you to survive, and for that reason; we are released from all mortal limitations. I can shift between the universes now, feel life and live without following your rules of being “good” or respecting you; and these mortals, your children, I can use them for whatever purposes serve me, however unjust. I am im-mortal. So why do I write this letter, for it is not to gloat; it would benefit me if you were not aware of my presence. I write, I communicate with you so that you would know that you cannot control their fate anymore, for we are influences you cannot control, and be assured that we will be influencing them. Since your demise can eventuate quickly from this, I would like to alert you, so you can continue to keep the universe running, I suggest to you, that to do this, you allow them to control their own fate.

#10 Guest_Bongani Ngwenya

Guest_Bongani Ngwenya
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:12 PM

We are divine intellectuals But you misuse your capacity For years you've been slaying our people Your are destroying our global community Stop this violence and see what will go wrong Your conscience is always guilty You have no peace of mind You are neither lunatics nor cannibals Yet again you kill our beloved Does it make you feel comfortable? Stop it for the sake of the world peace We have no reason to live in the yesteryear Bearing grudges never builds the world Instead it divides and ravages nations Terrorism and world wars are its children Let there be truly united nations Democracy should be above tyranny There shouldn't be 'dictators' of the world Let us get rid of our greed for wealth Let peace reign all over the world

#11 Guest_victor ikoli

Guest_victor ikoli
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:13 PM

DEAR GOD, THE SAYING THAT BLOOD IS THICKER THAN WATER REAFFIRMS ITSELF IN LAGOS SUBURB AREA ,OBALENDE . I CAN RECALL VIVIDLY THAT BEFORE I GO TO SCHOOL SOME TWENTY YEARS AGO ,OUR LANDLADY NORMALLY COMES TO ASK FOR HER RENT AT THE END OF EVERY MONTH.I HAVE NOTICED SHE IS THE FLAMBOYANT TYPE, AS IN SHE DRESSES WITH STYLE AND POISE.BUT THERE IS THESE FATEFUL SUNDAY MORNING SHE CAME TO MY HOUSE TO ASK FOR HER RENT FROM MY FATHER .I COULD NOTICE HER NORMAL POISE BUT THERE WAS SOMETHING DIFFERENT ABOUT HER THESE TIME AROUND. I DISCOVERED HER HAIRSTYLE WERE UNKEMPT AND HER CLOTHES ROUGHNED.SHE SPOKE ACCORDINGLY AS REGARDS HER HOUSE RENT BUT SOMETHING WAS DIFFERENT ABOUT HER. I LATER LEARNT SHE WAS INSANE.SHE BECAME A PROBLEM TO US TENANTS IN THE COMPOUND.SOMETIMES SHE WILL CHASE US AND USE DANGEROUS OBJECTS TO CHASE PEOPLE AWAY. ALL ALONG SHE WAS STAYING IN THE SAME COMPOND WITH US ALL ,BUT THERE WAS NOTHING WE COULD DO ABOUT IT AS REGARDS HER MENTAL STATE.HER FAMILY ARRANGED FOR HER TO BE SENT TO AN ASYLUM HOME.SHE WAS THERE FOR SOME YEARS WITHOUT IMPROVEMENT. JOKE AS SHE IS CALLED RETURNED TO THE COMPOUND STILL IN HER PREVIOUS STATE.SHE NOW EATS FROM WASTES AND SHE BEGS AROUND.BUT SHE STILL REMAINS OUR LANDLADY. THE IRONY OF IT ALL IS THE FACT THAT ALL THE YEARS SHE WAS NOT AROUND SHE CALCULATED HER RENT AND WE PAID HER.TO THINK SHE SPENDS THE MONEY 0N FOOD IS WRONG.SHE ACTUALLY SAVES WITH FIRST BANK ON MOLONEY STREET,LAGOS OVER THE YEARS.WE ALL IN THE COMPOUND WERE ONLY PRAYING THAT HER FAMILY SHOULD COME FOR SOME DAY,AND GOD ANSWERED OUR PRAYERS I HAVE LIVED AROUND HER ALL THESE TWENTY YEARS BUT SOMETHING DRAMATIC HAPPENED TODAY ,9TH JULY 2005.MAKE A GUESS,HER FAMILY SHOWS UP AFTER TWENTY YEARS BY MY OWN RECKONING. IT WAS A SORROWFUL SIGHT TO BEHOLD.THE HUSBAND,TWO SONS,DAUGHTHER AND BROTRHER SHOWS UP. THEY WENT TO HER ROOM SHE ONLY RECOGNISED THE BROTHER WHO BEFORE TODAY HAD ALWAYS COME TO SEE HER.THE CHILDREN WERE ALL CRYING ,THE DAUGHTHER IS ABOUT 25YRS SHE WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT COULD HOLD HER TEARS.EVERY OTHER PERSON INCLUDING MYSELF WAS CRYING. THE FUNNIEST OF IT ALL IS THE FACT SHE WAS RUNNING AWAY FROM HER CHIDLREN AND THEY WERE TRYING TO HOLD AND EMBRACE HER BUT SHE THOUGHT THEY WERE COMING TO BIND HER. THE WHOLE STREET GATHERED IN FRONT OF MY COMPOUND TO SEE HOW MOTHER AND CHILDREN AFTER 20YRS BY MY COUNT COULD NOT BE JOINED TOGETHER.TRY AS THE CHILDREN COULD DO JUST TO EMBRACE HER EVEN IN HER DIRTY CLOTHES IT DID NOT YIELD RESULT. THEY LATER LEFT AND PROMISED TO COME BACK FOR THEIR SWEET MOTHER,THEY TOLD US THAT THEY LAST SAW HER WHEN THEY WERE JUST 2YRS.THE PATHETIC STORY AND SCENE MADE EVERYONE THEY TO CRY.HER SON NAMED TOSIN WILL BE GETTING MARRIED SOMETIME NEXT MONTH. WOULD SHE BE THEREE ?REMAINS A QUESTION EVERYONE IS WAITING TO SEE. ITS A TRUE LIFE STORY

#12 Guest_ROBERTA J. ROBINSON

Guest_ROBERTA J. ROBINSON
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:13 PM

DEAR GOD; I WANT TO BE A HOLY WOMAN. TO KNOW ABOUT MY TRUE FAITH. MY ATTITUDE IS TO BE A POPULAR PERSON. TO TAKE CARE OF MY SPIRITUAL LIFE. I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT A TRUE SUPERHERO. I WILL PRAY FOR MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS THIS YEAR. TO SEND A MESSAGE TO A TRUE BEST FRIEND. I KEEP MY TRUE SECRET FROM A TRUE SUPERHERO. TO FIND MY CAREER OF MY TRUE DESINY OF LOVE. I MUST GIVE HOPE TO THE CHEW MEMBERS. I WISH TO BE A HOLY WOMAN AS A CHRISTIAN. TO READ BOOKS WHEN I AT WORK EVERYDAY. TO LIVE MY LIFE AS A TRUE CAREER WRITER. I WILL BE A PART OF THE TEAM FOR MY TRUE GOALS. TO SEND A TRUE LETTER TO MR. FANTASTIC. THIS IS THE TIME FOR ME TO WRITE THIS LETTER. MY ATTITUDE IS TO KNOW WHO I AM. THE NIGHT WAS TO BE FOLLOW FROM A ANGLE. TO BE A TRUE VIRGIN WOMAN AS A CAREER WRITER. TO BE A HOLY WOMAN THIS YEAR AS A WRITER. I WILL WRITE TO YOU EVERYDAY OF THE WEEK. P.S. I WILL BE PRAYING FOR MY TRUE ATTITUDE. YOUR FRIEND; R.J.R.

#13 Guest_ROBERTA J. ROBINSON

Guest_ROBERTA J. ROBINSON
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:14 PM

DEAR GOD; I WANT TO BE A TRUE VIRGIN. MY LIFE IS TO PRAY FOR MY SIN. TO CLEAN UP THE MAN'S BATHROOM. I HAVE TO KEEP MY TRUE RESQEST QUIT. I TELL MY DAD ABOUT THE BATHROOM. TO SEND A TRUE MESSAGE TO GOD. TO CLEAN MYSELF UP AS A TRUE VIRGIN. I WANT TO HELP ONE ANOTHER IN PRAYER. TO BE WITH MY TRUE BEST FRIENDS AT WORK. MY PEACE OF MY TRUE FAITH TO BECOME A LEADER. TO DO MY ASSIGNMENT ABOUT THE MEN'S BATHROOM. TO WRITE A TRUE STORY ABOUT A POPULAR VIRGIN. MY TRUE HEART IS TO BE A PART OF THE TEAM. TO SAVE THE DAY ABOUT MY TRUE GOALS ON MY JOB. I WANT MY TRUE CAREER TO BE A PART OF A WRITING CLASS. TO KEEP MYSELF CLEAN AS A TRUE VIRGIN. TO TAKE A POP QUIZ FOR A CAREER JOB. A NEW TRUE LIFE FOR THE SUMMER WILL END. TO HEAR THE WORDS OF MOTHER NATURE. THE SUMMER WILL END THIS YEAR TO BE A TRUE VIRGIN. MY TRUE FAITH WILL COME TO TELL ME ABOUT A TRUE VIRGIN. YOUR FRIEND; R.J.R.

#14 Guest_Kesiah Francis

Guest_Kesiah Francis
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:26 PM

Dear god I ask myself what the future holds and all that I can think about is that I am alive and well. Why I never worry about the clothes I wear and never get jealous or envy others for what they have. Why people try to put me down whenever I am trying. Why education is the key to success and knowledge is power. Why go to college and pursue a career. Why every time people feel compelled that they are hard working, team player and a helpful person most likely to be successful. I know that my commitment is to be carries on to other aspects of life. I feel that I will receive wisdom that will give me the strength to deal with very different types of challenges. Why growing up in hardship and pain. Why coming to America for a better life when things could change. Why parents can’t afford on sending their child to college. At an early age why papa drops out of school so that he can provide for his family and so that his children can receive and benefit from a good education. Lord I would like to bring to your attention that for the past years I’ve been working hard in school in order to achieve my goals and to meet school requirements. Why every time I feel like I do my very best I always fail. Why I have to be the first one to go to college, is this the plan that you have in store for me. Why sit at home when you could do something with your life. Why people hate when they should be love. Why the killing and shooting when people could be involved in their community or do something positive. Lord why the devil kills one’s dreams instead of turning it into reality. Why when people say that they won’t let you down they do. Why the world is not a safe place to live in, no more and why my brothers are living in a world that hates us. Why the rich is not looking out for the poor. Why is fighting and cursing is not the solution to our problem. Why when times get hard and the journey gets longer we have to keep on going. Why when people always do good they always forsaking. Why life is so short and people live it to the fullest. Why at times when friends and family turns their back you sees us. Even when we do wrong and deserve to be punish. Why people life is upside down and why the world turns and hit them in the face. Why when people go to church they sit in the same seat from weeks to weeks. Why put on an act rather than to be you. Why speak for recognition and fame rather than be an anonymous. Why my bothers and sisters don’t get along. Why let the devil get hold of us and temptation get in our way. Why Satan want us to be the tail when God want us to be the head. Why people cry out your name in vain and Why people hallow your name when they about to see their grave. Why bad relationship when it could be mend. Why people lie to fit in. why every time I fall down you help me stand.Why most parents don't give privilege a yet still they are to paved the way.just tell me why lord the world have to be the way it is TODAY.

#15 Guest_Ali Al - Nadabi

Guest_Ali Al - Nadabi
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:27 PM

Dear god, Wow, at this moment that my pen presses against this paper, I feel the rush of emotions fulfill me… Some emotions I haven't even felt before, it's like everything I Ever wanted to say to you is suddenly erased from the excitement. I don't know where to start; I haven't even got much to say… Should I use this opportunity to thank you for all the benefits in life you've put upon me? Should I thank you for making me beautiful, and with complete limbs and joints? Should I thank you for the fact that I always find food when I’m hungry? Or, should I blame you Lord for the hardships that I’ve come across in my life? Should I blame you for making me an orphan? Should I blame you for all those moments I’ve cried when I saw one kid after another get adopted while no one ever considers adopting me? Oh! Mighty lord, help me decide; show me a sign at least to make up my mind. While I’m writing this letter, I would like to tell you about an incident that changed my look sight towards you. A couple of weeks ago, I came across this page online that said “Does god truly exist?” I, being the hesitant person that I am, actually thought about it, I thought “Does he really?” and then, like I sign from the heavens I heard a little voice whisper inside me saying: Living proof of The Living God, surrounds you wherever you go, The creation itself is proof, that God does exist with all His Truth. He is a loving God, comforting you through the mountains and valleys of life; He’s the Shepherd from above, guiding us with an awesome love. He is a personal God, looking down upon you with a smile; He wants to be to you a friend, guiding you personally to the end. That my Lord, is another sin, I would like to ask you to forgive me about. Just the thought of me not believing in you sends sharp chills racing through my body. Please forgive me my lord, please forgive me for doubting your existence, for I owe you my life, and if there’s anything I can do to make it up to you, I would. Meanwhile I would like to thank you. I would like to thank you for a gift that you gave me, for a priceless gift that I never thought about. That, my lord is the gift of survival; when you come to think about it, why live when you won’t survive? In my life, I’ve been through more downs than ups; I’ve been through so many hardships that sometimes I forget how the feeling is to be happy. But I make the ending to every day a happy one, why? People might ask? Why does she put up with this? She’s was abandoned in the streets when she was a baby, transferred to 14 orphanages and adoption centers throughout the first 16 years of her life, lived in the streets for months and went through abuse both, physically and emotionally. The answer to that question remains unknown, but the closest answer that my mind comes up with every time I think of this is that deep down inside, there’s always something telling me to hold on, to hang on to myself and someday all my waiting will pay off. A voice insides me tells me that when you feel the world tightening around you, hold on and have faith because there’s always a mighty hand that’s there to pull you out. With time, I did begin to realize that every hardship I come across has a twist. A good twist that makes me believes in the phrase “everything happens for a reason.” To me, my future remains unknown. but one thing I know for sure and believe In with all my heart; my whole life is a sign, a sign from the heavens to prove to me that if you have faith, you can survive anything. And for that my lord, I would like to thank you, I would like to thank you for that smile that draws itself upon my face before I go to bed every night thinking about how I survived another day. Thank you. I dedicate my life to you. Your daughter, Ahed