#1 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,580 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 08:36 PM

Dear Lord,

TY that Marty hasn't really been affected by the pandemic crisis so far; he can work from home. I don't know how secure his job will remain once this all shakes out, but I pray he will have steady work.

One of the colleges A teaches at isn't even doing online classes, bc half of her students are from China + they went back home when the campus closed. She wasn't furloughed, but everything is up in the air there.

The other college did move to online classes, but she only has 2 so that is not going to provide enough pay for their financial needs. She is at least able to teach 2 exercise classes online per week, so that helps a little- TY much for that.

At any rate, I'm grateful for what they do have, + pray that they get thru this crisis with their jobs intact.

In Your name, amen.

#2 jacob kallikoth

jacob kallikoth

jacob kallikoth

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 09:11 PM

O Lord, I pray along with Marty for blessings in the job and in the season of epidemic in the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ.Amen

#3 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,580 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 07:47 PM

Dear Lord,

Bless A + Marty during this time. May their jobs remain secure. May A get to teach the summer class at WU that she has the past few years. With all this upheaval, she thinks she may not get the opportunity d/t low seniority + fewer professors being needed. I pray she will get to teach at WU anyway.

You know what's best, but I pray she is able to at least teach enough for them to remain financially solvent + even hopefully save for a down payment for a house. 

TY that they still have their jobs so far. TY that they both agree on money + are careful with budgeting + spending.

Keep them healthy spiritually + physically. Stir their hearts to make time for you daily, in worship, prayer, praise + thanks.

In Your name, amen.

#4 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,580 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 09:14 PM

Dear Lord,

A is really stressed having to teach classes online. Many of her students live out of country + went back home, where they have internet access issues. Plus, they can't get the support they need when the classes are online-they need in-person support. 

She also has a very difficult student who already failed once, + is retaking her class but not doing the work. She expects to have to fail him this time, too, + doesn't want to deal with him a third time.

She says she can't continue to do this past summer, bc she doesn't have the emotional bandwidth. I pray things will stabilize enough that she can resume in -person classes at least for the fall semester. Otherwise she is considering doing something else, + it would be a shame for her to close this door when she put so much effort into getting a graduate degree in her field.

Please guide her + Marty to make decisions that are in line with your will + will advance Your plan for them. Protect them from financial insecurity + all sorts of other problems. Protect their careers, reputations, credit, safety, identities, health, + above all, their faith. May they always make time for You + may they seek to serve You. Protect them from scams + any form of harm.

In Your name, amen.

#5 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,580 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 06:54 PM

Dear Lord,

I pray that somehow, A will get to teach that online class at WU this summer. The odds are against it. She is pretty stressed over this, but hasn't said a lot.

The 2 boys she usually takes care of for part of the summer will have their parents at home, it sounds like. I believe their hours have been cut bc of the types of jobs they have. They wouldn't need a nanny, + couldn't afford one. A misses the boys.

I pray the parents will get to go back to work soon so she can watch the boys at least part of the summer. I also pray that she + Marty will be financially secure. So far his job seems safe. She can teach online yoga more, if necessary, but that doesn't pay much.

Either way, thanks for what you're doing for them. Other people are far worse off financially. I am grateful..

TY that B + I are both retired + did not lose our Social Sec. income, however minimal it is. We have our needs met + we each have a safe place to live.

Guide A + Marty on how to navigate their future. May they always make time to worship, praise, pray, + consult You.

In Your name, amen.

#6 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,580 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 06:58 PM

Dear Lord,

It looks like A may not get to teach at WU this summer d/t the pandemic + disruptions in student visa issuances- still waiting for updates on that. I pray for the best solution to the problem.

She has to take about 3 weeks of online instruction for the community college in case the students attending there in the fall have to do so online. What's outrageous is she would not be paid for this class, even tho' it's mandated. The other university has not done this, at least not so far.

She finds it much more stressful to teach online bc the students can't get the help they need-the kind that is only available in person.

I pray this resolves soon- the whole pandemic, plus the economy + the employment problems. TY that Marty's job is pretty stable so far + they're OK financially.

Guide them to make wise decisions, + to be sure to make time for You.

In Your name, amen.

#7 soksan

soksan

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 03:36 PM

God I pray everything will be good with sister, Amen

#8 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,580 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 08:38 PM

Dear Lord, 

TY that so far Marty's job has not been disrupted. He is able to work from home.

A ended up resigning her job at the comm.college d/t them constantly adding more work + staff not being paid for the extra work. She would've had to completely restructure class since it'll be online in the fall, + it wasn't worth the time + headache, plus they wanted the profs to take a 3-week course online but wouldn't pay them to do so, as is standard.

I haven't heard if she'll be able to teach the summer class she usually teaches at WU- I pray she can; they pay the best. The other university may have to cut staff in the fall, so that's a concern too. Please help her have gainful employment that she likes. She is still able to teach yoga 3x week,but that doesn't pay much.

You're taking care of them in spite of this, so thanks. May they make time for you + keep praying. 

In Your name, amen.

#9 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,580 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 11:28 AM

Dear Lord,

TY that at least A will get to teach 1 class at WU this summer. I pray for a good solution for fall.The other university wants to resume in-person classes in the fall, but she is skittish about teaching in-person again d/t fears about the virus. Plus, that university overhired profs when they expanded, so she isn't sure she'd get any classes to teach anyway- the full time staff gets first pick, + adjuncts get the leftovers-if there are any.

Obviously, she + her hubby need the money. They're being very smart about managing their money + resources, so that helps. But I ask for additional divine help to keep them safe + secure financially, as well as spiritually (most important) + physically.

In Your name, amen.

#10 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,580 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 06:12 PM

Dear Lord,

A asked her boss if she could be excused from teaching the class she usually teaches in the summer bc her dad has liver cancer, hepatitis + cirrhosis + will need a fair amt. of help. I pray this won't hurt her chances to teach it next summer. The other university is not renewing contracts for any  adjunct professors d/t low enrollment, so she won't be able to teach there this fall + spring. I pray for her to get good employment once things settle down with her dad + she is ready. For now, she + her husband will have to make it on his salary + the little she makes teaching yoga 3x/week.

I know it would be too stressful for her to try to teach as she usually does now with her dad's illness + fears of Covid-19. Protect her + Marty from financial woes or reverses, + help them make wise decisions in all areas of their lives. Above all, protect them spiritually. May they make time for You, + may this issue with her dad remind her of how much they need You.

Protect their physical health, too. A found out she has more kidney stones +  a trip to the ER cost her about $2500 after insurance paid a measly 50%. The stones aren't blocking anything + don't appear to be trying to exit, but we need Your protection. May both of them do all they can to eat right, exercise often, + get enough sleep.

In Your name, amen.

#11 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,580 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 06:55 PM

Dear Lord,

Please guide A to what she should do for employment. May she find something that is low stress but pays well + uses her skills.

May she + Marty have job security + be safe in their apt. Protect them from all forms of evil. Esp. protect them from being deceived.

May they always make time for You + involve You in their decision making.

In Your name, amen.

#12 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,580 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 04:32 PM

Dear Lord,

Bless A since she is not working right now except for teaching a few yoga classes a week. May her job prospects get better once she's able to return to work. She's busy helping her dad with his health issues.

May she + Marty be financially secure. Protect their identities, reputations, etc. Keep them safe in every way. Protect them from being deceived in any way. May they always make time for You.

In Your name, amen.

#13 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,580 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:16 PM

Dear Lord,

Please keep A + Marty financially secure. Of course, their spiritual health is of paramount importance, followed by their physical, mental + emotional health.

She can't work right now except to teach a few yoga classes a week since her dad is likely dying. TY that she is honoring him by helping him with end of life decisions + with his health care. Please provide her with good employment when this is over. TY that Marty is able to work FT.

Keep all of us safe + secure + protect us during all these terrible riots.

In Your name, amen.

#14 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,580 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 07:10 PM

Dear Lord,

Alicia's dad is dying, so she is not working except to teach a few yoga classes each week. I'm proud of her for honoring her parents + helping her dad + taking care of him.

Once things settle down, help her to find comfort in You. Then, help her find stable employment. I don't know if being a college professor is the best thing for her, considering how liberal universities have become. She's in a niche field + doesn't deal with most of the things regular, mainstream professors do. Even so, with the coronavirus, contracts for adjunct professors aren't being renewed. Show her what You want her to do, + provide employment that honors You + meets her financial needs.

TY that her hub has had steady work + makes a decent living.

In Your name, amen.