#1 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,486 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 03:19 PM

Dear Lord,

May all go well with the cataract surgery. I have been concerned d/t the risk of intraoperative floppy iris syndrome, which is seen in some patients who take alpha blockers to control BP. The eye surgeon is not especially concerned bc as long as they know of the risk in advance, they can put precautions in place. I'm told it will not likely be a problem for me, since my pupils dilate well + stay dilated for the appropriate length of time. Also, the BP  med I take is not a big cause of IFIS, although there is still some risk.

I am concerned about this new diagnosis. It only occurs in about 4% of the population. Apparently the endothelial cells lining the inside of the cornea don't pump fluid out of the cornea properly. This can lead to blurring of vision + death of those cells. Eventually, a partial thickness corneal transplant may potentially be required. The doc didn't seem too worried about that, but it makes me apprehensive.

Every time I hear about another new diagnosis, I find myself thinking morbid thoughts, such as: will I even still be alive for this to become a problem? There are so many things wrong health-wise, yet here I am, still alive + functioning. You have given me so many miracles I can't possibly complain. I will ask for peace, comfort, + healing anyway.

TY + praises for all You've done for me.

In Your precious name, amen.

#2 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,486 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 06:19 PM

Dear Lord,

The doctor app'ts + surgeries never seem to end! I must thank + praise You, however, that modern technology allows for these things to be done.

May all go well with the cataract surgery. May they put in the right lens implant so I don't have additional problems. May the eyes heal well with no infections or other complications. May I adjust to the lens implants easily + quickly + be able to return to driving + other activities asap.

#3 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,486 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 07:08 PM

Dear Lord,

Give me peace about these additional upcoming surgeries. It's scary to think of someone cutting into your eye.

May all go well + may my vision be much better after surgery.

I also pray about the endothelial dystrophy. The ophthalmologist didn't seem too concerned, but it is a condition that can require corneal transplant at some point. I really don't want to go thru that.

Help me to do whatever I can to help my health in every area.

TY for all You've done.

#4 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,486 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 05:22 PM

Dear Lord,

May nothing interfere with the surgery on Tues. I suddenly got laryngitis, which I haven't had in decades. I feel OK, but talking is a strain.

Please allow this to resolve before surgery. I already had to reschedule the surgery on the other eye to help B + bc the surgeon won't be able to operate that day anyway.

Bless my health in general. Labs are due Monday. May they be good.

May I not have anything contagious. I'm supposed to visit elderly friends on Sunday + I don't want them to get sick.

#5 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,486 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 10:09 AM

Dear Lord,

I hated to reschedule the cataract surgery, but it wouldn't be smart to do it with a cold, cough + sneezing. So now it will be 2 weeks later, on Oct. 1, if I can get a ride. The cataract surgery on the other eye had to be rescheduled as well.

May all go well. The past few mos. have been very frustrating + I need strength + patience to cope with it all. May these frustrations be resolved satisfactorily.

#6 rainbowgirl

rainbowgirl

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,564 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 11:51 AM

Father God, give Drei peace as she gives all to you in the power of the Holy Spirit, in the wonderful name of Jesus......amen

#7 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,486 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 09:06 PM

Dear Lord,

TY for all who are praying for me. May the surgery go well, with speedy healing + no infection or other complications.

May the corneal dystrophy not be an issue that causes me problems. Help me do everything I can for my eyes + health in general.

#8 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,486 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 08:12 PM

Dear Lord,

The first cataract surgery is tomorrow. I was reading about the eye drops + other issues + found out one of the drops is contraindicated in transplant patients + should probably not be used in patients with corneal dystrophy- can cause severe damage. Yikes! I'm so thankful I saw that before starting the drops!

Now I'll have to see if I can return these unopened drops + get the other two, which don't include the contraindicated drop. I pray I will be able to get them on time + get a refund for the other ones.

TY for directing this to my attention! I praise You for Your protection.

May all go well tmrw. May the eye heal quickly + completely. Please also protect me from further eye damage d/t the corneal dystrophy.

#9 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,486 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 04:01 PM

Dear Lord,

TY that the cataract surgery went pretty well. TY that I got different eye drops + avoided some risks associated with the corneal dystrophy + a dangerous antibiotic that has been banned in India + possibly elsewhere.

Protect me from infection, displacement of the lens implant, corneal damage, or other adverse consequences. May everything heal well + may vision be much better. I'll still need glasses, but at least I won't have to deal with cataract problems.

#10 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,486 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 07:35 PM

Dear Lord,

TY again + much praise for how well the surgery went. It made a huge diff in my vision. It's early days, of course, but so far things look good. May everything heal quickly + completely + may there be no complications. I pray I'll be able to swim after the next app't, but I'm just happy things have gone well so far.

May the 2nd surg go as well.

#11 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,486 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 05:31 PM

Dear Lord,

TY again that my eye is healing well after cataract surgery + my vision is already much better. I still see glare + halos on headlights + streetlights + signal lights at night, but there is one more cataract to be removed. Those symptoms may also be d/t the Fuch's dystrophy.

Guide me on how to take the best possible care of my eyes that I can. Help me to find a lot of info on maximizing corneal health. So far I'm finding info on eye health in general, or on retinal health--but not the cornea.

May the 2nd surgery go well. Also, since I was prescribed the wrong drops, I pray I can return them for a refund since they are unopened. It's highly unlikely d/t laws or policies or whatever. If not, I pray the Uganda mission team can take them with them.