7 replies to this topic

#1 Friend of peace

Friend of peace

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,939 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:33 AM

I have had a good working relationship with my boss/employer for eight years. He recently yelled at me in front of my coworkers for a minor error. In fact, the error was so minor that one of my coworkers afterwards told me that the error was nothing. However, that is not so in my boss' eyes. Regardless of whether I made an error or not, I did not do anything worthy of my boss yelling at me in public in front of all my coworkers. I am finding it hard to forgive him. Please pray for me. Thanks.

#2 Friend of peace

Friend of peace

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,939 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:43 AM

God is real. I told my boss today how surprised I was that he yelled at me in public and he replied, "I don't think I yelled at you but if I did, I am sorry." I forgive my boss.

#3 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,408 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 08:55 PM

Dear Lord,

Only You know why the boss acted in such a way, but thanks that he at least apologized. May nothing like this ever happen again, + may ES have a good working relationship with him from now on.

TY for helping her to forgive. It can be very hard with some people.

In Your precious name, amen.

#4 Friend of peace

Friend of peace

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,939 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 04:23 AM

Thanks, dreiBohnen. I accept what my boss said as an "apology" even though technically it wasn't an apology because he didn't acknowledge yelling at me but said "I don't think I yelled at you but IF I did...." By the way, my initials are not ES. :) Thanks for all your prayers, dreiBohnen.

#5 ekikaseven

ekikaseven

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,709 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 06:43 PM

I am so glad that you talked with your boss and worked things out.

I know this sounds strange, but sometimes people don't realize how they come across to others (not making excuses for him, just stating reality). Since, you confronted him on the matter, he may be careful of his behavior next time.

Have a great night.

#6 Friend of peace

Friend of peace

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,939 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 01:15 AM

Thanks, Ekikaseven. You make a good point sometimes people not being aware how they come across. I was surprised when he said that he doesn't think he yelled at me but your explanation makes sense. Yeah, I am glad I confronted him or else it would have eaten away at our working relationship.

#7 vlee

vlee

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 06:54 PM

I am glad that you spoke to him about this.  I agree that he may be more careful when speaking to you.  Sometimes people strike out when they don't intend to because of circumstances in their lives.  It doesn't make it right, but it happens.  I am glad that you will be able to work with him now.  

Dear God please make FOP's working situation a happy one and that there never will be another such incident.  Thank you for making her such a Godly person who seeks to always do the right thing.  

In Jesus' name. Amen

#8 Friend of peace

Friend of peace

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,939 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 01:10 AM

Thank you, Vlee, for your encouragement and comfort. Thank you for referring to me as a godly woman who tries to do the right thing. That is a great encouragement to me. Thank you for all your years of faithful friendship and prayers.