#1 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,207 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 10:31 AM

Dear Lord,

I had a real scare yesterday when the steristrips came off + there was a small area of apparent dehiscence at the top of the incision. This can be so dangerous not only d/t the risk of infection, but because an artificial joint has no blood supply. That means if an infection sets in around the joint, it usually has to be removed. The person has to get 6 weeks of a very toxic IV antibiotic which usually causes hearing loss, because it damages the auditory nerves. It can take a year to recover + some people have to go without a joint at all.

So you can imagine my panic. I cleaned the area + put a sterile dressing over it. It had bled a little but not much. I went through this dehiscence problem before after an incisional hernia repair, + it took 4 months to heal.

However, this morning the incision looked like it had closed overnight. There was a tiny, slightly puffy area but it isn't red or swollen overall. Such grace! I TY +praise You for this degree of progress. A home health nurse will look at it in a few hours + we'll see how it appears then. I pray it stays closed + no infection sets in. May that tiny, puffy area smooth out + flatten + may everything heal well w/o any complications.

Lord, I praise You for all You've done for me.

In Your precious name, amen.

#2 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,207 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 11:58 AM

Dear Lord,

TY that there seems to be no further problem with the edges of the incision separating. It is a little puckery + slightly pink at one end, but not enough to be concerning. Please cont. to protect me from infection, dehiscence, DVT, dislocation, + all other complications.

TY for the progress I've made so far mobility-wise. I'm very hopeful I will be pain-free in the hip once it has healed. I want to be able to walk freely as I did before.

TY for all the help B, A + Marty have given me. It is such a blessing.

#3 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,207 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 10:39 AM

Dear Lord,

I'm very thankful that You closed the edges of the incision but there is a pink spot at the end of it that concerns me. Please do not allow infection to set in. Please heal the area + allow my recovery to be free of complications. You've helped me thru so many health crises. I ask again for Your help here- an infection near an artificial joint would be catastrophic.

#4 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,207 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 05:44 PM

Dear Lord,

TY for the reminder of Your love, grace, mercy + attention to every detail of our lives. I've been worried about the pink spot at the bottom of the incision + JS from church called to pray w/me about it. I so appreciate this.

I cont. to pray that the pink spot will go away + the incision will be protected from infection + every kind of complication typical in joint replacements. My risk is particularly high d/t the immunosuppression/transplant.

Help me to trust You + leave this in Your hands. I know worry is useless.

#5 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,207 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 09:26 AM

Dear Lord,

TY that the pink spot at the end of the incision hasn't gotten bigger, puffy, or started draining. Whatever inflammation is there is localized. I'm hoping it's a little better than yesterday but it's hard to tell.

Help me to trust You to heal this. You have already performed so many healing miracles for me. I also appreciate the way You had a fellow church member call me when I was feeling pretty low. How closely You pay attention to Your children's cries!

I TY + praise You for being You. What hope would we have in this dark world if we didn't know that You are in control?

#6 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,207 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 01:18 PM

Dear Lord,

TY so much-there appears to be an improvement in the appearance of the end of the incision. May this continue. May all heal well w/o any complications, ever.

Help me to always trust You completely + not fear.

#7 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,207 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 10:00 AM

Dear Lord,

TY that the incision looks no worse + may be a bit better-there's still that small pink spot at the end, but nothing really worrisome.

Protect me from any + all complications typical of hip replacement surgery. So far You have been remarkably gracious to me in so many ways, including after this latest surgery.

May everything heal up quickly + completely + may I regain full mobility. TY for the progress I've made + for being mostly pain-free in the hip.

Keep me safe + help me be wise + take the best possible care of the hip + myself that I can.

#8 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,207 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:36 AM

Dear Lord,

TY that the incision looks pretty good overall. I still think the bottom end of it is a bit pink but PT looked at it + tho't it was fine. I so appreciate Your grace + healing mercies.

Pls cont. to protect me from any + all complications from the surgery + allow me to regain full mobility.

TY for all You do.

#9 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,207 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:17 AM

Dear Lord,

I cont. to pray for protection from infection, dislocation, DVT, + any + all complications seen after surgery. TY that the incision seems to be healing fairly well, although it's a bit pinker than I'd like. I realize that's typical for new incisions; I just don't want it to get inflamed or infected.

TY for all Your grace over the years. I am so undeserving.

Help me to use my time wisely + put You first always.

#10 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,207 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 12:11 PM

Dear Lord,

TY so much for what You've done so far to heal the incision. I'm still keeping an eagle  eye on it but I think it's OK.

Please cont. to protect me from any + all complications associated with a hip replacement.

TY for the many plants You put on the earth to aid in healing us. 

#11 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,207 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 12:25 PM

Dear Lord,

TY that the incision is looking pretty good. Please cont. to help it heal w/o any setbacks.

TY for protecting me all these years.

#12 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,207 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 12:02 PM

Dear Lord,

TY that the incision looks OK. Please cont. to protect me from infection + all other complications of hip replacement surgery.

#13 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,207 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 11:22 AM

Dear Lord,

I cont. to pray for healing of the incision. I got scared yesterday when I had some bad twinges in the hip. It feels better today but the bottom part of the incision looks pinker again. It's driving me crazy. TY for making the twinges go away. Please also allow the area to heal quickly + completely. Help me to maintain hip precautions but still exercise the joint w/o hurting things.

#14 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,207 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 05:22 PM

Dear Lord,

TY for protecting me from infection so far. I'm still impatient with the healing process; forgive me for that.

I pray everything will heal up well, I'll be able to get back in the pool soon, I'll be spared from complications, I'll regain mobility + flexibility, + I'll have an answer soon about the apparent small discrepancy in leg length. (The operative leg seems slightly shorter since getting the joint replaced.)

I pray for mild weather as long as possible so I can continue to walk in the park. Thank You for the past few beautiful, sunny days.

#15 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,207 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 02:35 PM

Dear Lord,

TY for all You have done so far. I cont. to pray for healing of the incision. May there be no complications of any kind.

Bless my app't with the surgeon in a couple of weeks. I'm concerned there may be a small discrepancy in leg length since the hip replacement. This can be remedied with a lift in one shoe, but it is annoying. However, I know I need to count my blessings.

Help me to regain full mobility + have good flexibility + exercise tolerance.

I pray I can get back in the pool soon.