#1 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 05:55 PM

Dear Lord,

Surgery is tomorrow! Please protect the kidney transplant during this major procedure. May it not suffer any ischemia or other injury. May it work well for the rest of my life.

A lot of obstacles have been thrown in my path. TY for clearing one after another. A lot of them still stand in the way of my quality of life, but Your grace is sufficient. May nothing happen to delay the surgery further.

May all go smoothly. TY that Dr. S. talked to Dr. C. May Dr. C. do all the surgery himself. Give him great wisdom, knowledge, skill + compassion. May he be extremely careful + may there be no mishaps or mistakes or complications.

May there be no issues with side effects of meds or anesthesia. May I heal quickly + may I regain normal mobility + strength.

In Your precious name, amen.

#2 patches

patches

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,463 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 11:10 PM

Father, may all go well with drei on her total hio replacement. You are her Creator. All is well to those who love God. Thank You Lord. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

#3 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 09:36 AM

Dear Lord,

TY that the surgeon felt the hip replacement went well overall. I pray for special protection from infection + any other complication.

This has been quite a challenge but mobility is starting to improve. I'm still very sore but it is not terrible. 

May the hip heal well + may I have full strength + flexibility. Protect me also from dislocation. I'm not sure how easily that can happen.

Bless B, who is staying with me for 2 weeks to help me thru the worst of it. Bless A, who is also helping, + Marty too.

I found out after the surgery that this doc is rated in the top 6 or orthopedic surgeons in the country. TY for arranging that he would do the surgery. Generally his patients do well, I'm told.

#4 rainbowgirl

rainbowgirl

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 09:38 AM

Father God, thank you that the surgery went well and I hope her rehabilitation, physical therapy goes even better for a full recovery.  Praying for no other issues in the powerful name of Jesus......amen

#5 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:38 AM

Dear Lord,

I wish I could skip the whole recovery part + go straight to being healed, but You know what You're doing. I have so much to be thankful for. So far things seem to be moving in the right direction, altho' the PT said I'm walking a little cockeyed, so I pray for You to correct that.

So far the exercises are low-key enough that I can do most of them, but my L hip is still quite weak from years of arthritis, low bone density, + the surgery itself. TY that the swelling is mostly gone + surprisingly I did not get massive bruising, as many do.

Give me patience + help me stick to the prescribed regimen. Bless B for being so sweet + staying with me for these 2 weeks.  Bless A for also being very sweet + running errands for me.

I ask Your cont'd protection from infection, dislocation, DVTs, + any other adverse outcomes.

#6 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 05:19 PM

Dear Lord,

TY that so far the incision looks good + appears to be healing. TY also that the pain is less severe in the hip + the neuropathy seems to have lessened since stopping the pain pill.

Please continue to protect me from any + all complications. May I regain full mobility w/o limping.

Help me to regain strength + rebuild lost muscle.

TY for arranging for a top surgeon to do the procedure. TY also for the excellent care I've gotten from most of the nurses + therapists.

#7 ekikaseven

ekikaseven

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,698 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 10:32 PM

Father,

Please give D a speedy recovery and give wholeness.

Thank You for answering this prayer. Amen.

#8 Friend of peace

Friend of peace

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,899 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 12:54 AM

God,

I pray for quick and complete recovery from the hip replacement and for no complications. I pray dreiBohnen will regain full mobility without limping. I pray for salvation for A and B if they are not already saved. I pray for salvation for the medical personnel who treated dreiBohnen. Thank You. In Jesus' name, amen.

#9 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:38 PM

Dear Lord,

I TY + praise You for the healing that has taken place so far. I'm getting around better + there is less pain. I'm also finally able to find a comfortable position to sleep.

Help me to protect the new joint + maintain all the precautions I've been told about. Please allow it to heal completely + protect it from any + all complications, particularly infection, dislocation, + DVT. May it work well the rest of my life + may I not need to have the other hip replaced.

TY for all B did to help me while she was here + for all A is helping me do in spite of her hectic  schedule. May both be richly blessed.

I pray I will regain full mobility w/o pain + be able to do all I can to maintain my independence for the rest of my life.

#10 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 04:42 PM

Dear Lord,

TY so much for the many blessings You've provided along the way + before, during, + after surgery. May the incision cont. to heal well + never get infected. May the joint also never get infected + protect me from dislocation, DVT + other complications.

Help me to get strong enough to be able to walk safely on my own. I'd like to relinquish the walker + graduate to a cane so I can drive to the park + walk. It will be too cold to do that soon, + I need to get those hip muscles stronger.

TY so much that the hip pain + swelling is mostly gone. TY also that the neuropathy is pretty much back to where it was before surgery + I am able to sleep somewhat better.

Help me to maintain all the safety precautions I've been given.

#11 patches

patches

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,463 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 07:44 PM

Father, thank You for Your daily presence in drei's life. Keep her joyful and strong in You Lord. Thank You Jesus. All glory to God. Amen.

#12 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:23 AM

Dear Lord,

TY for the progress I've made after hip replacement surgery. I'm esp. thankful that the L hip doesn't really hurt anymore when I walk, although there is residual soreness + weakness since the muscles were cut into + haven't completely healed. 

Things are looking up mobility-wise. If I can walk normally w/o pain + resume swimming in a couple of months, I'll be beyond grateful.

May I cont. to recover on schedule + regain full strength.

#13 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 09:03 PM

Dear Lord,

TY for the progress I've made so far since the hip replacement, + TY for protecting me so far from infection, DVT, dislocation, + other complications. May none of these problems occur in the future.

I pray for increased mobility + flexibility in the new joint-it seems quite stiff. 

TY that the terrible pain in the hip area is gone. There is still residual soreness from surgery but that should resolve.

Help me to take good care of the new joint.

Bless my follow up appointment with the surgeon.

#14 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 05:01 PM

Dear Lord,

TY for the progress I've made since the surgery. TY for protecting me from the most concerning complications. I think the muscles are settling in place around the joint bc the leg length discrepancy seems to be correcting itself. I pray that it evens out so I don't have to deal with a lift in one shoe.

Pls cont. to protect me from complications. May I be able to get back in the pool soon. I'd like to be able to walk w/o a cane + take steps normally. I pray for that outcome, according to Your will. TY that the hip doesn't hurt anymore + the knee only hurts occasionally.

Bless my app't with the surgeon Mon. May all go well.

#15 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 05:35 PM

Dear Lord,

TY for what You've done to help me heal after this surgery. May I regain strength so that I can walk up steps normally + not require a cane. It gets so tedious.

I want to try to swim again Monday. May all go well.

Please cont. to protect my health.