#1 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,756 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:51 PM

Dear Lord,

Poor B is being tormented by paranoid thoughts that are out of control. She feels she has to submit to ECT again. I hate seeing how this archaic, barbaric treatment is still in use. It turns her into a zombie + causes memory loss.

Please help me to provide the right kind of help to her. One problem is she lives an hour away. Her psychiatrist wants to continue the treatments on an outpatient basis for several weeks after the initial ECT is done in the hospital. I don't think it's safe to leave her alone, but I can't be with her all the time either. I pray for a solution that will be best for all concerned.

Please protect her brain from furthe injury. I think this decision is a mistake, but I understand her desperation to find relief from the torment.

In Your precious name, amen.

#2 dawna

dawna

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,451 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 04:48 AM

Dear Lord,

Poor B is being tormented by paranoid thoughts that are out of control. She feels she has to submit to ECT again. I hate seeing how this archaic, barbaric treatment is still in use. It turns her into a zombie + causes memory loss.

Please help me to provide the right kind of help to her. One problem is she lives an hour away. Her psychiatrist wants to continue the treatments on an outpatient basis for several weeks after the initial ECT is done in the hospital. I don't think it's safe to leave her alone, but I can't be with her all the time either. I pray for a solution that will be best for all concerned.

Please protect her brain from furthe injury. I think this decision is a mistake, but I understand her desperation to find relief from the torment.

Gracious Heavenly Father:

We lift up B to Your holy throne of grace.  Father, guide and protect her as she makes this decision.  May their be a solution that will help and not harm her.  Thank You for her praying sister.  All glory is Yours.  We praise and thank You.  In Jesus's loving, healing name, amen.

#3 Servant of God

Servant of God

Advanced Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 09:17 AM

Father in the name of Jesus I pray for this sister, I know from your word that healing was provided for all in Christ atonement and so I claim healing for her right now in the name of Jesus.
Father you are no respecter of persons, what Jesus did for the sick during his ministry you can do right now for this sister.
Right now I come against every attack of the enemy on her life, and I command all the organs in her body to line up and function in the way that they are supposed to function. I declare that she shall not die, but live and declare the words of God, touch her now from the crown of her head unto the sole of her feet. Improve her brain activity, let your healing virtue run through her veins and saturate her with the balm of Gilead in the name of Jesus.
Increase her faith now dear God and cause her to rise and be healed in the name of Jesus
Take all the praise, the honour and the glory in Jesus name....A'men

#4 Twin11217

Twin11217

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 02:05 PM

Blessed be your holy name Father,

We stand together in prayer for B and ask that you address this issue as soon as possible. Comfort B in all in her distress and let your glory give her peace of mind. Also bless the friends and family of B for being there to help and comfort with your Love. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

#5 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,756 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:29 PM

Dear Lord,

As you know, we've tentatively planned for B to get an assessment at the psych hospital on Friday, 8/5. She may be admitted directly from there. Medicare will only pay for 3 weeks of inpatient treatment. She is not planning to get as many shock treatments as her shrink wants to give her. They always overdo it + turn her into a zombie. So I'm going to do my best to forestall that. Please help me to do what's best for  her, + for the docs to do so as well.

Give her peace + comfort, + please protect her brain + general health.

#6 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,756 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:29 PM

Dear Lord,

TY for being with us when B had her psychiatric assessment today. TY that the counselor did not seem to think it was imperative for her to be admitted, + she was allowed to go home. B keeps vacillating between thinking she has to get ECT + not wanting it. There is an alternative that's much safer called Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation. I'd like for her to be able to try that instead, in addition to having her medications adjusted in a better way.

Help us find a local neurologist who can thoroughly evaluate her dizziness so we can be sure there is no organic cause. May the doc not assume it's just a side effect of her psych drugs + decline testing. We know it isn't an inner ear problem.

Help us find a local counselor who can provide a different perspective to her treatment options plus support that she is not getting from her shrink. I'd like her to find a different shrink, too. Guide us in that endeavor.

Help me to help her the way You want me to. I feel selfish sometimes.

#7 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,756 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:38 PM

Dear Lord,

Give me patience as I try to help B with these problems. It's difficult + stressful. I don't want to listen to her paranoid ideation; it's too upsetting. Help me to support her in every other way as needed.

Lord, I don't think I could tolerate living with her if it gets to the point that she can't live on her own. Please allow her insurance to cover TMS + may that treatment help. It would be so much better than ECT.

Bless her app't Thurs. with the psychiatrist. May we arrive at a workable plan of care.

#8 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,756 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:01 PM

Dear Lord,

I pray that for once B's shrink will return my calls + address her problems/requests. Dr. M interrupts B a lot during app'ts + B loses her train of tho't + forgets what she wants to ask. Or the doc will forget. It's all very frustrating.

TY that we got a referral to a neurologist to get another opinion on B's persistent dizziness. I pray she does not have Meniere's disease or a vestibular disturbance. May it only be d/t her psych meds. I also pray she does not have a brain tumor or some other disastrous diagnosis. We need an answer; it's been going on for months now. 

Help me to be patient + help B as needed. It's overwhelming at times when I'm dealing with so many of my own health problems. Give us both strength.

#9 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,756 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:39 PM

Dear Lord,

Please help B to get an answer as to the cause of her persistent dizziness. May a solution be found.

Her psychiatrist is terrible sometimes. May B get a 2nd opinion from another psychiatrist someone referred her to. May she not be afraid to do it.

Bless her upcoming neurology app't. May she also get in to see an ENT to reevaluate the dizz. May s he be able to avoid ECT after all.

#10 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,756 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:09 PM

Dear Lord,

B has 2 doc app'ts coming up before a final decision is made re: ECT. May an answer for why she's so often dizzy finally be found. I pray it's not Meniere's disease.

May the dizziness finally go away + stay away.

May she get a 2nd opinion from a different psychiatrist.

Help me to help her. Give me patience.

#11 Friend of peace

Friend of peace

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,708 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 02:35 AM

God,

Please bring healing to B. Guide the doctors to provide the right treatment for her. I pray that You will strengthen dreiBohnen and give her wisdom and patience to best care for B.  In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

#12 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,756 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 09:12 PM

Dear Lord,

TY that the ENT doc agreed to do a vestibular test to see if her dizziness is caused by that. May he also evaluate her eustachian tube function. I pray she does not have Meniere's disease + the dizziness finally goes away for good.

I'm sure all the big gun psych drugs over the past 3 decades have contributed to her symptoms. I hate for her to have to keep going thru this, but am so grateful she remains faithful to You.

May we find a good shrink from whom we can get a 2nd opinion before she subjects herself to another round of ECT.

Give me patience + strengthen my compassion for her. Help me to help her.

#13 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,756 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 10:31 PM

Dear Lord,

I pray we will find out the results of the vestibular test soon, to see what is causing B's dizziness. May she not have Meniere's disease.

Her neurologist app't was pushed to next month. It's frustrating bc we want a neuro eval + then another psych eval from a different psychiatrist to see if different meds would help her rather than getting ECT. May all of this work to her good. We believe in Your Word Jeremiah 29:11.

TY for what You've done for her all these years. May the dizziness cease.

Help me to help her.

#14 ekikaseven

ekikaseven

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,612 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 10:11 PM

Lord,

Please work this matter out for the best of this sister. Please heal her and remove the torment from her. In Jesus name,  pray. Amen.

#15 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,756 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 10:34 PM

Dear Lord,

TY that B finally got her vestibular test results + they were neg. Praises! So she doesn't have Meniere's or an inner ear disease.

TY that her dizziness hasn't been as severe. May it go away completely + not return.

Bless her app't with the neurologist 11/1. May he or she come up with some helpful suggestions for meds that will make a difference in her paranoia + also help the side effects she's dealing with.

TY for her efforts to help me in spite of her own problems.