16 replies to this topic

#1 Friend of peace

Friend of peace

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,714 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 09:45 AM

"A" is a Christian. However, he believes that the sign gifts of the Holy Spirit (e.g., miracle of rising from the dead) were only in the New Testament as a sign to the Jews and are no longer in operation today. Please pray that God opens "A's" spiritual eyes and understanding that the sign gifts of the Holy Spirit are in operation today. For example, in China, I have read of a Christian praying and raising people from the dead. It does not happen everywhere and not all the time but it does happen and I believe it. There are several other secondary issues (not essential to salvation) that "A" and I differ in our interpretations. Pray that God will give both of us the right understanding of the Bible in these matters as well and that we are able to clearly communicate God's truths with wisdom, clarity and boldness. Thanks.

#2 Servant of God

Servant of God

Advanced Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:18 PM

"To whom much is given much is required" John 14:12 " Verily, verily, I say to you, he who believes in me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these will he do also; because I go unto my Father" ...... Those are Jesus' words and they speak for themselves. Don't get into vain babbling with anyone. it serves nothing

#3 Friend of peace

Friend of peace

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,714 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:08 PM

A correction to my above post, upon further discussion with "A', he does believe that the sign gifts can exist but they are not rampant in North America. He bases this on 1 Cor. 13. 8-12. I had thought 1 Cor. 13:8-12 applied to when Jesus comes again.

#4 R. J. Beverly

R. J. Beverly

Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:41 AM

Paul talks about raising the dead in Acts 20:7-12, if he reads the Word of God it verifies so it is possible. When a person raises someone from the dead God gave that person that power, all people cant get it, therefore "God have visited His People", Luke 7:11-17. Its the Holy Spirit Power, Acts 1:8. "Now unto Him that is ABLE to do exceeding abundantly above ALL that we ask or think according to the power that works in YOU", Ephesians 3:20. I pray that God gives your friend the DESIRE to see God in everything in Jesus' Name. Amen.

#5 Friend of peace

Friend of peace

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,714 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 07:13 AM

Thank you, R. J. Beverly. I pray that God gives my friend a right understanding and wisdom in interpreting all matters of Scripture. I pray for the mind of Christ for my friend and not for human wisdom nor human tradition.

#6 Friend of peace

Friend of peace

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,714 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 12:19 PM

God,

Please enable "A" to see with his own eyes the sign gifts of the Holy Spirit in operation in the world today and open his heart to believe this. He is a wonderful Christian man whom I love dearly and I don't want unbelief in this area to limit what You can do. God I spoke to him yesterday and he still doesn't believe that the signs gifts are for us as Christian today. He said the sign gifts were only given to the Apostles (in the New Testament). Lord God, have mercy on him and reveal through Your Holy Spirit to him the truth in this matter and in all matters where he may have wrong interpretation of the Bible. Continue to let me have favour in his eyes and join us together in marriage if it is Your will. Let us together see the sign gifts of the Holy Spirit in operation. If it be Your will, let him and I serve You together in short-term missions as well. In Jesus' name I pray and give thanks, amen.

#7 Friend of peace

Friend of peace

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,714 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:00 AM

God,

I continue to lift up "A" to you thanking you in advance that you will perform miracles for A and me including joining us together in marriage in the next few years. God, please prepare "A" and me now to be partners to each other in marriage and missions. Please open A's and my spiritual eyes more and more to see the miraculous. May "A" and me have great faith. God, help us. Let us not limit You by unbelief. Soften our hearts. Lead us. Teach us. Let us be willing to be open to all that You have for us. Thank You. In Jesus' name I pray and give thanks, amen.

#8 jasmine.pauline

jasmine.pauline

Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:51 AM

John 20:29 - Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed [are] they that have not seen, and [yet] have believed.

2 Corinthians 4:18 - While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen [are] temporal; but the things which are not seen [are] eternal.

#9 Friend of peace

Friend of peace

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,714 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:56 PM

Thank you, Jasmine. I like how you use the sword of the Spirit (Bible).

#10 vlee

vlee

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,965 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:37 PM

We have been given the power to do great works in the name of Jesus.  

Father we know that your word is true and I pray that you open the eyes of all believers.  You are and always have been the God of miracles and you impart that power to those who believe. I pray that all of your children continue to grow in the spirit and that your power be revealed to those who cannot see.  Pour out your blessings on A and FOP.  In Jesus' name.  Amen

#11 Friend of peace

Friend of peace

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,714 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 11:02 AM

Thanks, Vlee. I don't know if I want to be with A. We are in disagreement about so many areas of Scripture.

#12 vlee

vlee

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,965 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 01:16 PM

I understand.  I will offer up a prayer of faith for him.  I know that you will stand steadfast in your beliefs and I admire that in you.  :)

Father I pray that you open the eyes of A to your word and let him find the truth in it.  I thank you for FOP who is a faithful believer and who is willing always to look to your for knowledge and discernment.  

In Jesus' name.  

Amen

#13 Friend of peace

Friend of peace

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,714 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:04 AM

Thanks for the encouragement, Vlee. You are a true and generous friend. Thanks for bringing comfort to my heart.

#14 vlee

vlee

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,965 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:18 AM

Father I pray that you guide the steps of A in his walk with you.  Open his eyes to the truth in your word and give him wisdom and discernment in all things.  In Jesus' name.  Amen

#15 Friend of peace

Friend of peace

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,714 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 01:30 AM

Thanks for all prayers for A. A is not responding to e-mail contact from me and I choose not to go to his church anymore - one of the biggest reasons being that his church (a Plymouth Brethren gospel hall) does not allow women to talk in church (women not allowed to pray out loud, not allowed to read the Bible out loud, not allowed to select hymns, and not allowed to teach Bible study, not allowed to ask questions nor make comments during Bible study and not allowed to preach). I believe they are sinning and misinterpreting the Bible in not allowing  women to talk. They also do not associate with other Christian denominations because they believe other Christian denominations are wrong in allowing women to talk.