#361 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,233 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:51 PM

Dear Lord,

I'm still having symptoms of an upset G.I. tract 3 weeks after surgery. Antibiotics always mess me up + it often takes at least a month for things to get back to normal. Please protect the kidney as these symptoms stress it + can hinder its functioning. This problem also increases the risk of rejection.

Please protect the kidney + keep it functioning well for the rest of my life. When labs are drawn in about a week, I pray they will be better than usual.

The surgery took a lot out of me + I have lost more muscle. Help me to build it back up. It is very hard to do bc of the motor neuropathy, but that is no obstacle to you. I pray I can get back in the pool soon + start regaining strength.

I cont. to pray for all the other myriad health issues-esophagitis, ulcers, osteoporosis, muscle wasting, the failed hiatal hernia repair, etc., etc. Please keep continuing Your miraculous healing as You've kept me alive way past what should have been my lifespan.

TY for Your extraordinary love, mercy + grace.

In Your precious name, amen.

#362 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,233 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 04:35 PM

Dear Lord,

May next week's labs show the transplanted kidney is doing well + working the way it's supposed to. May the stress of major surgery not have harmed the kidney. May it work well the rest of my life.

Please cont. to protect me from all the other health problems. Guard me from cancer as my risk is greatly increased d/t immunosuppression + the esophagitis/Barrett's esophagus issue.

May I remain mobile, independent, + mentally sharp the rest of my life.

#363 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,233 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 12:01 PM

Dear Lord,

Please help me get this G.I. upset under control. I don't want anything to throw off the labs that will likely be drawn Monday. I assume this is all a residual effect from the antibiotics I got, since that's how they usually affect me.

Please cont. to protect this kidney + allow it to work well for the rest of my life.

TY so much that the neuropathy, which was worse after surgery, has returned to baseline. It's still a problem but at least I can sleep fairly well at night now.

I pray about all the other health problems. Give me strength, patience, + heal me, according to Your will.

Help me to take the best possible care of myself that I can.

#364 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,233 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 03:54 PM

Dear Lord,

You tell us to pray w/o ceasing, so I ask again for You to bless the kidney transplant + the labs that are going to be drawn soon. May everything be functioning well + may the kidney work well the rest of my life.

Aside from the kidney, I ask special prayers again for healing of the hip incision. You closed the dehisced area overnight but there is a pinkish-red spot at the end of the incision. Please resolve it so I don't get an infection. Protect me from any + all complications after joint replacement surgery, since they can be catastrophic. TY so much for all the fires You've pulled me out of.

Help me to heal completely + regain full mobility w/o any adverse issues.

#365 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,233 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 09:33 AM

Dear Lord,

I'm hoping the home health nurse will be able to draw my transplant labs on her last visit tomorrow. This would be a huge help; I'm not driving yet since the hip replacement.

I pray all lab results will be good + the kidney will have been divinely protected by You from adverse effects caused by major surgery, 3-4 weeks of G.I. upset, etc.

May this divine gift work well the rest of my life.

Please cont. to protect me from all forms of injury, infection, DVT, dislocation, + other complications associated with a hip replacement.

TY for what You've taught me about how best to care for my health. I cont. to pray for healing/relief from neuropathy, the osteoporosis, GERD, ulcers, esophagitis, Barrett's esophagus, etc.

May I regain full mobility once I've recovered from the hip surgery.

#366 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,233 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 10:02 AM

Dear Lord,

I ask again for a good report when labs are drawn Thursday. Please protect the kidney transplant from the many insults it's faced in the past 4 years-frequent surgeries, G.I. upsets, + so on. This hip surgery was a major stress.

TY for always taking such good care of me + showing Your great love for all Your children.

#367 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,233 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:20 AM

Dear Lord,

I should have Thursday's lab results back by Monday. I pray all is well with the kidney + no labs are abnormal. Please cont. to protect this gift of life You've given me. May it work well for the rest of my life, + may I do everything I can to take good care of it.

TY that the neuropathy is back to where it was before the surgery. I still have intermittent G.I. upset issues, likely from the antibiotics. May this resolve completely, + soon. TY that it's better than it was.

I pray for all the other myriad health issues. Protect me from esophageal or other forms of cancer, vascular dementia, fractures, further muscle atrophy, loss of independence, etc.

#368 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,233 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 12:09 PM

Dear Lord,

I cont. to pray for good lab results when I call to get them on Monday. Please cont. to bless the transplanted kidney + may it work well for many years to come.

TY for what You've done to heal the hip incision + help me regain mobility. There is still stiffness when moving certain ways + I don't yet have full mobility, but walking is going much better than before surgery. I want to be able to swim the way I did before + be strong enough to walk unhindered, including up + down stairs. Being able to use a stationary bike would be a bonus, but walking + swimming are most important to me (as is remaining independent).

I can't thank You enough for making sure I had a great surgeon. What a blessing!

Help me decide what to do re: the failed hiatal hernia repair. Should I have it redone? Is it worth it? I won't do anything about it now; maybe in the spring if I think You want me to.

Please help my bone density improve. I'm not going to take a bone density drug. I think they're too dangerous. 

May the neuropathy also improve dramatically + may I suffer no further muscle atrophy.

#369 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,233 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 12:59 PM

Dear Lord,

I should get my lab results tomorrow. I always dread calling to find out what they are. Give me peace about this. I know You're in control + nothing can happen to me that You won't allow.

I pray all is well with the kidney + for continued healing of the area around the new hip joint. TY that replacement joints are possible.

May this kidney work well the rest of my life. May I do all I can to take good care of it + of my health in general.

#370 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,233 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 12:00 PM

Dear Lord,

TY that most of the labs were OK. The creatinine was a little higher than I'd like, but major surgery would have been a stress on the transplant. I pray the creatinine will come down next month. In the meantime, TY for Your mercy, grace + protection.

#371 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,233 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 11:24 AM

Dear Lord,

TY again that most of the labs were OK. May the creatinine come back down to where it was a couple mos. ago + may this kidney work well the rest of my life.

Please bless my health in general + help me to recover from the hip surgery + regain full mobility. Please cont. to protect me from any + all complications associated with a total hip replacement.

#372 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,233 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 08:59 PM

Dear Lord,

TY that the labs were OK, but I still pray for the creatinine to come back down to where it was. I've had this 2nd kidney transplant 4 years now, + I don't want to see it start declining in function like the first one did.

Help me to take the best possible care of it that I can. May it work well for the rest of my life.

I pray for increased mobility + flexibility, increased strength, + restoration of lost muscle mass + nerve function.

Please also heal the ulcers in my esophagus + protect me from cancer.

#373 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,233 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 01:43 PM

Dear Lord,

TY again for Your immeasurable grace. You have given me way more grace + mercy than I could ever deserve, + I am very grateful.

TY for keeping me alive all these years against all odds. May I honor You by taking the best care of myself that I can. Bless the 2nd transplant so it may work well. I pray it will do so for the rest of my life.

Bless the Nov. labs. May the creatinine come back down to where it was before. May all other labs be fine.

I pray for healing of all the other health issues- the persistent esophageal ulcers, the Barrett's, the neuropathy, the muscle atrophy, the osteoporosis, etc. Please also help me keep the hypertension under good control + get enough good exercise.

TY for what You've done to heal the hip incision. Bless the hip replacement + help me to regain full mobility + flexibility + balance. May I be able to do w/o a cane.

#374 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,233 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 04:58 PM

Dear Lord,

It's almost time to get my Nov. labs. I pray they are better than last time- although only the creatinine was off. May it be back to where it was a few mos. ago.

Please protect this divine gift You've given me. May the transplant work well the rest of my life.

I pray I'll find out what this rash on my feet is. May there be a safe way to treat it. So many meds out there are so dangerous.

TY that the headache I had for about a week is finally better. There is a trace of it, but at least it's improved. May it go away entirely.

I'm concerned the hiatal hernia has gotten worse. I have worse GERD symptoms. What a disappointment to have the surgery fail after only a few mos. What should I do? Should I have the surgery redone?

Help me to remain independent, active, mobile, + serving You for the rest of my life. Protect me + B from vascular dementia.

#375 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,233 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 03:08 PM

Dear Lord,

TY so much that the creatinine did come back down. I'm still not happy with the PO4 + K, but they're not bad. I pray for special protection for the transplant so it can work well + also pray it will last for the rest of my life.

I still have some issues with slight brain fog, slight headaches, + the like. It seems like this can happen after a hip replacement, + also d/t the immunos. I pray for relief from these issues.

The neuropathy, ulcers/esophagitis, arthritis, osteoporosis, muscle wasting, fatigue, + other issues remain problematic. Help me to get stronger. I want to be able to remain independent for the rest of my life.

Protect me + B from familial dementia.