#346 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,030 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 10:52 AM

Dear Lord,

There was a bump up in the creatinine on this month's labs. It is still OK but things like this always make me nervous. I pray that it will come back down to the range it had been in for a pretty long time, esp. since I have the hip replacement in Sept. + that will be addit'l stress on the kidney. Please protect the kidney + allow it to work well for the rest of my life. TY that You have saved me time after time after time from so many fires.

I'm trying hard to build up my strength by swimming more so I'll at least be conditioned before the surg. This surgery scares me more than others bc my mobility is at stake + also bc there is so little muscle in the hip area to work with- how will that affect things? I know + truly believe that the many obstacles that appear to be in the way are nothing for You. All I can do is put my faith in You.

In Your precious name, amen.

#347 dawna

dawna

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,560 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:52 AM

Gracious Heavenly Father:

I lift up drei to Your holy throne of grace.  Father, please give her the added strength she needs to build for the upcoming hip surgery.  

Calm her and give her peace.  

Please protect her precious kidney from harm.  

All glory is Yours.  We praise and thank You.  In Jesus's loving, healing name, amen.

#348 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,030 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 05:55 PM

Dear Lord,

TY that overall I feel OK except for the chronic pain, hip issues, + so on. I pray that this month's labs will be better-the creatinine popped up a little on the last month's results. Please protect the transplant + allow it to work well for the rest of my life.

TY that Your grace has enabled me to tolerate the constant onslaught of health issues. I really get weary of all these problems. Give me strength + help me to remain positive + thankful.

May the hip replacement in Sept. go very well + may I regain the mobility I had before all that started. You know my concerns re: how the neuropathy + muscle wasting will affect the surgery. I pray Dr. S. was able to send a letter to Dr. C. so the latter will not let surgical residents practice on me. My situation is too complex for that.

TY that the esophagus feels better, although Dr. M. only said it was probably better when I had another endoscopy last week. I pray that is just a residual issue + it will be much better when the next one is done in Aug.

#349 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,030 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 03:00 PM

Dear Lord,

TY that the creatinine came back down to baseline. It is technically normal, but Dr. S said since my muscle mass is so low it's probably 1.2 instead of .81. That would mean state 2 chronic kidney disease, but that is not bad. The only way to know for sure is to do a 24 hr. urine collection + measure the creatinine clearance. I may ask to have him order that in January, after recovering from the hip replacement. I'd like to know what it really is.

Otherwise, the labs were OK except the sodium was low again. I am probably over-hydrating in this hot weather.

I pray for Your protection of this kidney. The transplant is almost 4 years old. May it work well for the rest of my life. May all the other issues be manageable + may I regain better mobility once the hip replacement is done. It's getting harder to do stuff with the damaged hip. May all go well with the surgery.

I pray I won't lose any more muscle mass from the type of neuropathy I have. It is scary to see how thin I am. Help me to rebuild muscle in spite of the odds against it.

#350 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,030 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 12:33 PM

Dear Lord,

TY that most of the August labs were pretty good, but the PO4 was elevated. I have made some dietary changes, which should help. My intake of phosphorous was just too high for 1 kidney to deal with. May all the labs in Sept. be good, especially since I have the hip replacement on 9/17 + won't need any added stresses on the kidney.

You know my concerns-the neuropathy I have has caused a lot of muscle wasting + I want what muscle is there to be able to support a new joint. I pray that all will go well + I'll have the mobility I used to have. May everything heal well, w/o infection or dehiscence or any other complications.

Please help me sleep better too. It's distressing to wake up several times during the night + not feel rested.

Protect me from fractures, especially prior to the surgery, but also afterwards.

TY so much that the heartburn/reflux symptoms are much better since the hiatal hernia repair. May the esophagus be healed of the ulcers that have been a problem for so long. I'll find out more when I get the next endoscopy on 9/4.

May this kidney work well the rest of my life. May be mobile, independent, + mentally sharp till I die.