318 replies to this topic

#1 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,803 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 01:46 PM

(Background: Native kidneys failed in 1997. On dialysis for 8 years until 2005, when God moved a fellow church committee member to donate a kidney to me. That one worked well for 7 years, then started to decline in function. It was working at about 16% + dialysis appeared inevitable when I got called to come in for the 2nd transplant.)

Dear Lord,

First of all, how can I thank + praise You enough for providing yet another miracle for me? I am so undeserving of all the grace, love + mercy You have consistently showered on me. There are no words to express this, but You know my heart.

Although this new transplant is from a cadaver, You ensured it went to me because it matched perfectly. A 6-6 antigen match only occurs in 1 out of every 100,000 individuals in the general population. (Among immediate family members, the odds are much better.) Because of this 'perfect match', I automatically got the kidney, bc its chances of viability are best when given to someone it matches best. 

The surgery was brutal + the recovery will be difficult, but surprisingly, the first transplant was much harder on me. I expected this one to be worse since I'm nearly 10 years older. TY for that, as well.

There is a minor complication (I hope). A drain fell out prematurely, requiring frequent dressing changes over the incision. Plus, there is a hematoma, or a collection of blood in the abdominal cavity, possibly over the kidney. I pray that this will resolve on its own + I will not require further surgical intervention. Doing so could increase the risk on infection, since in the initial post-op period the dosage of immunosuppressants is higher.

So, I pray that this kidney will last a very long time + work well throughout. Help me to do all I can on my end to take the best possible care of it + of myself.

This has been hard on Alicia, as well. She got stressed + became sick the day I was discharged. Now she is afraid she will make me sick since I am so immunosuppressed, so she's been staying at her dad's. I miss her + pray that You will heal her soon.

I TY also for B + Dee, who have been indispensable in helping me as I recover.

In Your precious name, amen.

#2 rainbowgirl

rainbowgirl

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,537 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 02:44 PM

:) Praise God!!!!!  Thank you for guiding the Surgeons and for a successful surgery.  I pray a hedge of protection over this new kidney.  Please touch the hematoma and remove all pooled blood.  Protect Drei as she is recovering from this major surgery to keep any unwanted viruses away from her.  Father, my heart leaped when I saw that Drei was on here praying! :D  Thank you Father for this amazing Sister in Christ.  Give her peaceful rest to strengthen her body.  Praying in thankfulness in Jesus' beautiful name......Amen

#3 dawna

dawna

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,458 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:21 AM

Gracious Heavenly Father:

Thank You for drei's wonderful, encouraging testimony.  Thank You that she is recovering.  We pray that her new kidney will function effortlessly for many years.  Thank You for all her doctors, nurses and caregivers.  Thank You for the screening process that provided a way for her  get this kidney.  You are the Author of all.  We give You the glory.  We praise and thank You.  In Jesus's loving, healing name, amen.

#4 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,803 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 04:35 PM

Dear Lord,

TY for being with me before, during + after this entire procedure. I cont. to pray for the health of this kidney transplant + its functioning. May it last the rest of my life + may I do everything necessary to take the best possible care of it + myself.

The incision is still draining a lot, partly bc the original drain fell out too early. I'd rather deal with this than have it stay in my abdomen. I don't know the status of the hematoma at this point but the last ultrasound showed it was almost 5" long. I pray it will resolve on its own + surgical intervention will not be necessary. It would just provide one more chance to introduce infection.

I pray for protection from infection, esp. now while I am taking a higher dose of immunosuppressants than the standard, which will be tapered to on a schedule. The first several mos. is the most critical time, so I pray for extra protection + divine assistance.

Bless B + Dee for all the help they have given. Help Alicia to heal from her resp. infec. so she will feel she can be home again. She has been at her dad's + I miss her.

May B remain mentally stable + physically well. Help her w her diabetes + schizophrenia. 

May Mom remember how to use a straw so she will not get dehydrated. TY for helping her weight to remain fairly stable these past 6 or so mos.

#5 Saved

Saved

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,611 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 04:51 PM

Lord-This is why I stand in awe of you :rolleyes:-I praise soooo much for what you have done for Drei-the perfect matching for the new kidney transplant can only come from you-offering thanks&praise for bringing Drei thru this uncertain time of health&sickness-trusting that this kidney will last the rest of her time on earth-you are a great&awesome God. :P :D

#6 patches

patches

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,294 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:57 AM

Lord-This is why I stand in awe of you :rolleyes:-I praise soooo much for what you have done for Drei-the perfect matching for the new kidney transplant can only come from you-offering thanks&praise for bringing Drei thru this uncertain time of health&sickness-trusting that this kidney will last the rest of her time on earth-you are a great&awesome God. :P :D

Father, I agree with this prayer and believe You are in control. Thank You for this secind kidney, Lord. May both function perfectly. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

#7 dawna

dawna

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,458 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:07 AM

Gracious Heavenly Father:

Thank You for this precious kidney.  May it work effortlessly for many years.  May all issues resolve and may drei feel strengthened with every passing day.  Thank You, Father.  All glory is Yours.  We praise and thank You.  In Jesus's loving, healing name, amen.

#8 sunnyisle

sunnyisle

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:39 AM

YESSSS!!!!!!!!

I stand in agreement with these prays Lord. 

IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL

#9 Dorri

Dorri

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:59 PM

BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO TRUST IN THE LORD, yeah...so happy for Drei.

I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.  My soul shall make it's boast in the LORD; the humble shall hear of it and be glad.  Oh magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt His name together.

I sought the LORD. and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

The angel of the LORD encamps all around those who fear Him and delivers them, Oh taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who trusts in Him!

The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles.  The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit.  Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all. 

Psalm 34: 1-4, 7, 8, 17-19

Thank You Heavenly Father for all that You have done for Drei.   Your Word didn't come back void.   I am delighted,  I am overjoyed and happy for her and grateful to You..  Thank You for showing us all through her experience that we can wait upon You and Your Word will fail us not.   I ask that You will put a special blessing over this kidney and make it strong and receptive and also ask that it will last that of any other normal kidney. Praise be to God,, all the praise and thanksgiving goes to You, In Jesus Name, Amen 

#10 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,803 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:29 PM

Dear Lord,

I continue to thank + praise You for this 2nd chance at having a functioning kidney. I ask for special protection + mercies bc the most recent creatinine went from .9 to 1.2. I pray there is nothing wrong with the kidney to cause this. I pray it was just that I needed to drink more water the day before the blood was drawn. Please do not allow anything to bring harm to this kidney. It is so 'new', it would be devastating to have this chance + for something to go wrong.

Clearly, I need to remember to trust You to take care of me. Please remove the worries that are trying to plague me right now.

I cont. to pray for B to be able to lose 60 lbs. Resolve her problems with restless legs + incr. blood sugar/diabetes + her schizophrenia.

The incision is still draining a lot, so I pray it resolves within the next week or so-otherwise it will indicate there is a problem.

I pray for protection from infection, + for extra protection + divine assistance in general.

Help Alicia to heal from her resp. infec. so she will feel she can be home again. 

May B remain mentally stable + physically well. Help her w her diabetes + schizophrenia. 

May Mom remember how to use a straw so she will not get dehydrated. TY for helping her weight to remain fairly stable these past 6 or so mos.

#11 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,803 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:41 PM

Dear Lord,

I can't stop thanking You for Your miraculous intervention. There have been many times + many ways You have shown Your great love + sovereignty.

I cont. to pray for the health of this kidney transplant + its functioning. May it last the rest of my life + may I do everything necessary to take the best possible care of it + myself.

TY for the reassurance from the coordinator that I should not get too worked up about a bump up in creatinine at this point. I am trying to make sure I drink extra water + eat the right kinds of things. May tomorrow's labs show the kidney is stable + functioning well. Part of the problem too is now my BP has gotten too low. That can reduce the perfusion to the kidney.

The incision is still draining a lot, although it is 2 weeks postop starting tomorrow. If this continues another week or more then intervention may be required. I pray it stops by then + there is nothing important that has been disrupted internally. 

I pray for protection from infection, + protection from the side effects of the prednisone, which I'm taking a higher dose of right now. It aggravates Barrett's esophagus + makes it hard to sleep.

I cont. to pray for protection + healing for all the nerve damage in my arms, hands, lower legs + feet. Of course it acts up at night, when I'm trying to sleep. I'm concerned that the meds I take are making it worse. Please prevent that.

Bless B + Dee for all the help they have given. Help Alicia to heal completely from her resp. infec. so she will feel she can be home again. 

#12 Dorri

Dorri

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:01 PM

O Heavenly Father, I continue to be amazed at what You do.  You brought just the right kidney to Drei at the right time and You helped her old kidney to function long enough without her having to resort to dialysis.  Thank You for lining everything up for the transplant to have happened.  We praise You and thank You.  We ask that You will cover that which You have given her and protect it from harm.  I ask that it become as her own and always function without worry or complication.  May this kidney serve her long and well.  "Praise the LORD, for the LORD is Good;  sing praises to His Name:  for it is pleasant"  Psalm 135:3.  Thank You Father, In Jesus precious Name, Amen

#13 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,803 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:01 PM

Dear Lord,

Forgive me for not trusting You enough. It's hard not to get alarmed when I see a rise in creatinine so soon after this great gift You arranged for me to have. The docs aren't too worried at this point bc my BP dropped + that can affect perfusion to the kidney (it gets less blood). This tends to be true even more if one is used to a higher BP, as mine has been higher for the past year.

I made sure I drank extra water but the creatinine came up anyway to 1.4. That's not bad as long as it doesn't go up again. I don't know what else to do to help the kidney except what I'm already doing. May it please stabilize + may the creatinine not go up anymore. May there be nothing wrong + no signs of rejection or loss of function. 

May Your miraculous intervention not return to You void. May this kidney last the rest of my life + may I do everything necessary to take the best possible care of it + myself.

I'm also concerned that the incision is still draining a lot. It is starting to look a little more serous + not quite as bloody, but it's still almost alarming.  May this not require any kind of invasive intervention to correct. I was worried that the kidney might be bleeding but according to the ultrasound it looked OK.

I pray for protection from infection, + protection from the side effects of the prednisone. It aggravates neuropathy, reflux + many other issues.  

I cont. to pray for protection + healing for all the nerve damage in my arms, hands, lower legs + feet. May it not get worse. 

Bless B + Dee for all the help they have given. TY for bringing Alicia home last night. I was so glad to see her.

#14 Dorri

Dorri

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:23 PM

Whatsoever things are true.

whatsoever things are honest,  

whatsoever things are just,

whatsoever things are pure,

whatsoever things are lovely,

whatsoever things are of good report,

if there be any virtue,

and if there be any praise,

think on these things.

Thank You Father for the Word that encourages us and keeps us from doubts and fear.  We claim and apply these to Drei's new kidney, it's true, it's pure and lovely and of good report  What a blessing she has.  With each new day, strengthen her and help her and her  kidney to totally adjust to her body.  May every part of it adapt and become as one in harmony with her..  May this kidney function as if it has always been a part of her..  May her blood and creatine levels stabilize to normal and her incision quit draining and heal up.  May You protect her and her new kidney from infection, or any complications.  Watch over what You have given her and grant her peace and constant reassurance that it will all be okay, .In Jesus Name, we give You thanks, Amen 

#15 Guest_buildagirl

Guest_buildagirl
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:42 PM

Amen