#721 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,525 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:35 PM

Dear Lord,

TY for moving the hearts of many to pray for each other. It is a huge blessing.

Please also bless the next set of bloodwork. May there be an improvement + may dialysis be held at bay for much longer. I cont. to pray from every angle kidney-wise- for healing, for another healthy kidney donor to provide an organ w/o any harm coming to the person, for a short wait for another transplant, etc. I also ask for the return of lost muscle + the healing of many damaged nerves, regardless of the odds.

I may have an issue w a stricture of the esophagus that has returned. It was dilated 2x in the past but now pills are getting stuck again. May it relax on its own. This can cause other problems such as making me sick to my stomach.

Please help B w her restless legs. May she be able to stop taking Ativan + may her psych med dosages be lowered. Now her hands are shaking which is hindering her gift of playing the piano. I really hate to see that. I pray for a resolution to that.

Please also help B w her diabetes. She needs to lose about 60 lbs., too.

Mom's swallowing is getting worse. Liquids go down OK but not food. We don't want her to dehydrate bc that is a terrible way to die, but we don't want to put her on tube feedings either. May she be able to swallow using a straw, even if it's just liquids.

May she feel no pain + not be aware of the passage of time. TY that she sleeps a lot.

As always, please bless Tim richly.

For Alicia I add a request that she be very cautious about the decisions she makes re: romance. May she not go along w M when he asks her to move in w him. May she understand this would go against Your mandates. May Your Spirit guide her not to do this. May she heed that guidance.

In Your precious name, amen.

#722 Dorri

Dorri

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:05 PM

Philippians 3 13

"the one thing I do however, is to forget what is behind me and do my best to reach what is ahead"

Heavenly Father, help Drei to keep pressing forward in faith, with her eyes continuously focused on You who are her deliverer and her Healer, In Jesus Name, Amen

#723 dawna

dawna

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,563 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:40 PM

Gracious Heavenly Father:

Thank You for the opportunity to pray for dreibohnen today.  Father, we pray for her health.  We pray that the divine kidney is rallying against all odds.  Thank You for each and every day that she avoids dialysis.  May her next blood work be positive.  May it be such that the doctors are amazed.

Father, I pray for her mom.  Please surround her with peace.  May she be able to swallow comfortably.  Father, thank You for her loving family.  What a blessing that she is loved.  May all that care for her treat her with respect and compassion.  

All glory is Yours, Father.  We praise and thank You.  In Jesus's loving name, amen.

#724 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,525 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:08 PM

Dear Lord,

TY for helping me to feel somewhat better. I was very close to calling Dr. S + telling him it was probably time to start dialysis. I shared this w a dear friend who is a great Christian + I am sure she prayed for me. Anyway, the past 5 days I have felt better + have not gotten sick to my stomach. Blood will be drawn Thurs. so by Mon. I should know how the kidney is doing.

I am grateful for any reprieve or delay in restarting dialysis. It is pretty miserable. I hope to find out soon, too, if financial approval from Medicare came thru so the transplant list status can be changed from 'on hold' to 'active'.

In the meantime, help me to be able to eat properly + not lose any more weight. Protect me from infection, esp. once a central line is put in.

Help Alicia to cope w having to observe all this all over again. She is really having to face some harsh realities of life right now w her dad needing to find work again + more. I pray this will not cause him to drink even more, but instead turn to You.

TY for Tim's sacrifice. Please bless him richly.

#725 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,525 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:38 PM

Dear Lord,

TY that this past week I have felt a little better. May this be reflected in the bloodwork drawn today.

I TY + praise You for the timely manner in which Medicare approved payment for another transplant. The wait is still years long unless you intervene, but at least my status on the list is active. May I remain in reasonable health during the interim.

After lengthy consideration + prayer peritoneal dialysis seems to be the better way to go. I ask You what You want.TY again for making sure I would have a medical background so I can make an informed decision. Either way has advantages + disadvantages, but PD in general provides more effective dialysis. May the peritoneal membrane not be scarred from previous bouts of peritonitis. If it is I will have no other option but hemodialysis.

May this not be too hard on Alicia. I don't always know how to read her + she does not always share how she feels.

Now B has acute bronchitis. The doc prescribed 5 days of prednisone at a high dose with no tapering. That is a huge no-no, esp.in someone w schizophrenia bc it can cause psychotic breaks to suddenly stop PDN. I don't know what her doc is thinking. She is going to call the ofc tomorrow. May this get straightened out.

It turns out B has mild COPD from lifelong asthma, altho' she has never smoked. Please heal her lungs + help her to lose weight. May her diabetes be better controlled.

Mom is not eating well anymore. TY that she is able to drink well. May she not dehydrate.

#726 Saved

Saved

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,619 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:55 AM

Lord-I bring all of Drei's health issues to you-may she rest in your loving grace&mercy-I claim healing for he4r.Asking that Alicia would be strengthened in her faith-putting you first in her young life.

#727 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,525 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:55 PM

Dear Lord,

TY again for this past week of feeling a little better. I pray that the labs drawn Thursday will reflect that + will show improvement. May I be able to avoid dialysis for much longer, in spite of the odds.

Help me to make the right decision if faced w which method of dialysis to go on. Having tried both methods in the past I know that PD is considered to be more effective. I pray for a healthy peritoneal membrane in spite of having peritonitis 4x d/t a defective catheter which kept splitting + allowing bacteria to enter it, causing the disease. May that never happen again.

May another healthy kidney become available quickly, but w/o causing harm to anyone. May a 2nd transplant be successful w/o any episodes of acute or chronic rejection, or other adverse sequelae.

Help B to recover quickly from her acute bronchitis. TY for letting me find out the doc put her on a high dose of prednisone with no plans to taper it off. This is a grave mistake bc it can cause psychotic episodes when the dosage is not tapered. Considering the fact that B is schizophrenic this was appalling to learn. We were able to get the order changed so now the dosage will be tapered. I can't understand why her doctor would take such a risk, but at least it has been rectified.

TY that Mom still remembers to use a straw + is drinking well, since she is losing interest in eating. Please keep her free of pain. I pray You will bring her home to heaven soon. In the meantime, may she not be aware of the passage of time + her state of mere existence. Allow her to sleep a lot.

TY for blessing us w Tim + his family.

#728 vlee

vlee

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:39 AM

Father I pray that the lab work shows a state of improvement in dreiBohnen's kidney.  Let her heal and stay off of dialysis.  You are the Great Healer and I pray that you heal her from the top of her head to the bottom of her toes.  I ask for healing of all of the side affects from the medication that one takes with these types of health issues.  Cure the muscle wasting and weakness.  I ask that her esophagus relax and open up so that she can swallow effectively.  Allow her to eat properly and get all the nutrition that she needs to keep her strength.

I pray for her mother and thank you that she is able to drink and stay hydrated.    Keep her free from pain.  In Jesus precious name. Amen. 

#729 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,525 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:35 PM

Dear Lord,

TY for this reprieve in which I have felt a little better. I pray that the bloodwork drawn Thurs will show an improvement + I can remain dialysis free longer.

May a healthy kidney become available soon. I pray it will happen w no harm coming to anyone. Only You can bring that about.

TY for Your grace + mercy all these years. It has been light years beyond what I deserve.

Bless B + help her to find a good pulmonologist. Her medical doc is not treating her bronchitis appropriately. May she get an appointment soon.

TY that Mom remembers how to use a straw. May this continue so she won't dehydrate. We aren't worried about the eating so much. We do ask that You protect her from aspiration. May she not be aware of the passage of time. Please allow her to sleep a lot + keep her free of pain.

May Tim + his family be very blessed.

#730 Dorri

Dorri

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:11 PM

Heavenly Father, may drei's blood work results show positive improvement.  I pray that she continue to feel better.  Thank You Father, that You are a God of Your Word.  What You say is what we should expect.  Your Word says, "I the LORD am your Healer"  Exodus 15:26 and so it is Father, we are the healed of the LORD.   Praise God.    Thank You Father God that Drei can count on Your healing mercies, thank You Father that her prayers and ours are not in vain, but will accomplish what You meant them to do,  In Jesus Name, Amen

#731 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,525 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:43 PM

Dear Lord,

TY for helping me to feel somewhat better + have the energy to walk some even tho' the labs from 5/29 were worse. Creatinine is up to 3.87 so I will have to call Dr. S tomorrow to see about getting a test done to make sure the peritoneal membrane is not too scarred from past episodes of peritonitis. I am hoping a PD catheter can be inserted at the same time. I will then need a month for the surgical site to heal enough for it to be safe to use the catheter.

I pray I can go by this method of dialysis bc it will be more effective overall. I will need protection from a recurrence of peritonitis. I ask Your help with that + also ask that it will be safe for me to wait the month or so while the site heals, before starting dialysis.

I also TY that usually when something bad like this happens it does so in the spring when the days are longer + it's easier to be positive. TY for all You've done + Your relentless love.

Please help B get an appointment w a pulmonologist so she can get her asthma, bronchitis + COPD properly treated. It is not being managed well by her medical doc + she is having trouble sleeping, which causes her to be more paranoid. Please help her heal + sleep well.

Mom isn't eating much, but we TY that she is remembering how to drink thru a straw + is staying hydrated. We pray that You will keep her hydrated + free of pain. May she also have no concept of time passing. She would hate to know she is sitting there doing nothing.

I TY + praise You for the strength I know You will give me as I prepare to go thru this all over again.