1774 replies to this topic

#121 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,558 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:07 PM

Dear Lord, I can't thank You enough for the comfort of knowing I have others praying with me on Alicia's behalf. I see small ways You are working in her life that give me hope. No matter what, I believe in Your faithfulness. I know that You can use the poor choices a child makes one day to teach valuable lessons later in life, + bring about a renewed commitment to You. Even if there is pain, it is more than worth if for what we have to look forward to in eternity. I continue to plead for Alicia to see the situation with Your eyes. May she realize it does not work to be unequally yoked. May she see how she is limiting herself by only dating one guy + not looking for a Christian husband. Protect her from Mark's manipulations + deceit. Protect her financially as well. If You do not want them to be together, please help both of them to realize it soon. I thank You for all You have done for us. In Jesus' name, amen.

#122 dawna

dawna

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,563 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:33 AM

Most Gracious Heavenly Father: I lift up Mark and Alicia to You today. Father, You know all things. You have plans that we can't see but we know that You are working behind the scenes in a way that will bring glory to Your name. Thank You that Alicia is committed to her schoolwork and church activities. This will keep her grounded and focused. Block any plans that Mark might have to take any of Alicia's money. May he realize he needs to stand on his own. May he respect Alicia's plans for her future and may he be happy for her. Thank You for the hedge of protection around Alicia. May no evil penetrate this hedge. Thank You for all You do for us. In Jesus precious name, amen.

#123 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,558 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:26 PM

Dear Lord, thank You for the faithful who stand with me in prayer on Alicia's behalf. You have given me much to be grateful for with the precious daughter You have entrusted to me. But she is growing up in a world where morality has been totally redefined. Isaiah 5:20 warns of the woe that will befall those who call evil good + good evil. We all see this happening in our government, in the media, + all around us. Immorality is flaunted by many at her college, even though it is one of the more conservative ones. Her boyfriend lives this sort of life, as does his father. Alicia is young, naive + impressionable. On her own, she cannot resist this boyfriend. I pray You will open her eyes to the dangers of letting her morality be compromised. Satan would love to drive a wedge between You + her, or her + me. I can only try to set a good example + pray for the day when You remove the veil from her eyes. I pray You will be as patient with her as You have been with me. May this situation bring glory to You. If You do not want her with Mark, please reveal this to her soon + with a minimum of heartache. Also please place a tall hedge of protection around her faith, our relationship, her health, + her finances. In Jesus' name, amen.

#124 dawna

dawna

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,563 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:55 AM

Most Gracious Heavenly Father: Thank You for the honor of praying for Alicia and Mark. Father, thank You that dreibohnen raised her daughter in a Christian atmosphere. Thank You that she has chosen salvation. She will hear Your voice as You speak ever so softly to her. She will be guided by Your loving hand. We as believers know this. We must listen and we will hear. Sometimes it is more of an intuition guiding us away from some act that will harm us, but it is there. We give You thanks for instilling this helpful nudging. Father, thank You that Alicia is continuing with her studies and her career path. Thank You that she has Chrisitans in her path that can guide her. May they form a hedge of protection around her so she cannot be let too far astray. May Mark lessen his grip on Alicia. If it be Your will, may this relationship begin to wane. Father, the pitfalls of unevenly yoked people can be disastrous and have long term effects. Father, we continue to pray unceasingly for Alicia and for Mark as well. May we pray according to Your will. Thank You for all You have done for us. In Jesus precious name, amen.

#125 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,558 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:27 PM

Dear Lord, I am so grateful for the heartfelt prayers of others on Alicia's behalf. It has been almost exactly 2 years since she started dating Mark- if it can be called that. Alicia cannot be objective or see the situation with Your eyes because she is blinded by this infatuation. Satan is trying to get her to separate herself further from You. Thankfully she seems to believe strongly in You, but she thinks love makes certain things alright. She does not realize that this relationship is destined for heartache without You in the center of it. Dear Lord, please open her eyes. I hate to see her spending all this time pursuing something that cannot end well if Mark does not turn to You. Show her how much better it can be if she waits for You to bring her the mate You want her to have. Do not allow her to settle for less than Your choice for her. Protect her finances from Mark. Wake her up to the reality of what her life will be like if she were to stay with him + tried to bring up children to know You without their father participating. Thank You for the protection You've provided so far. May this situation bring glory to You. We bless Your holy name, amen.

#126 dawna

dawna

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,563 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:01 AM

Most Gracious Heavenly Father: I lift Alicia up to You today. Father, thank You for the honor of praying for her. Father, thank You that she is continuing with her studies as that will help her remain grounded. Thank You that she has a career to pursue. Father, may she refrain from making choices that will harm and possibly affect her for many years. May the blinders be removed from her eyes. Place strong Christians in her path that will gently guide and counsel her. Burden Mark's heart. Help him to want to respect himself by standing on his own two feet. If he has chosen to take from Alicia for several years, it may be setting a precedent for her supporting him once she has her degree. Thank You for protecting Alicia. Thank You for all You have done so far. In Jesus precious name, amen.

#127 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,558 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:35 PM

Dear Lord, I am so grateful to have others praying with me on Alicia's behalf. She has so much to offer but is still so young + naive. It grieves me to see her so involved with Mark, yet unable to clearly see the red flags. She is limiting herself to dating him when she could be seeking out other men who are Christians. I don't want her to get used to his behavior + comfortable + think the next step is to to commit to him. He does not know what commitment is, + she would just wind up terribly hurt. You were so wise to warn us about being unequally yoked. Please open Alicia's eyes so she will see the danger in this type of relationship. She tends to be very generous + wants to help Mark out when he should be ashamed of letting her. He could get a 2nd job since his current one is only for 30 hours a week. He seems to have no ambition. Father, please protect Alicia's finances from Mark. Give her discernment so she will realize just what she is dealing with, + where it will lead her if she continues. If it be Your will, please dissolve this relationship with a minimum of heartache, + lead her to a strong Christian man who will treat her the way she deserves. In Jesus' name, amen.

#128 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,558 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:39 PM

Dear Lord, I have much to be grateful for with this wonderful daughter You've given me. Unfortunately, she continues to yoke herself unequally with this unbelieving boyfriend. I pray that You will open her eyes to the heartache that will be inevitable by remaining with him, at least as long as he remains an unbeliever. Please protect her from making a commitment to him, + guard her finances so he will not try to get to them. Give her discernment + divine vision so she will see the situation as You see it. Lord, please protect her from physical involvement with Mark. Protect her spirit from being contaminated. May she feel only dissatisfaction as this unequal relationship. May she see his manipulations for what they are. Help me to guide her w/o judging her. If it be You will, dissolve this relationship + send her a strong Christian husband. Thank You for all You do. In Jesus' name, amen.

#129 dawna

dawna

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,563 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:52 PM

Most Gracious Heavenly Father: I stand in agreement with dreibohnen regarding Alicia and Mark. Matthew 18:19 "Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven." Father, we ask for a tall hedge of protection around Alicia at all times. May no evil penetrate this hedge. Alicia is young and vulnerable. Because she feels she loves this young man, she does not see the potential pitfalls that could affect her for many years and not just her, but her children if she stays in this relationship. Guard her heart and her finances. May we continue to pray unceasing. In Jesus precious name, amen.

#130 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,558 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:56 PM

Dear Lord, Thank You so much for the faithful prayers of others who stand with me as I plead for this precious child. She is only 20 + has not learned how deceptive Mark can be. Because of her infatuation, she sees him as she wishes him to be. Yet she is able to see others' boyfriends realistically. Please remove the veil covering her eyes so she can see this situation for what it really is. Remind her she is Your child, + people are fighting for her deliverance from this worldliness. May she be convicted not to further compromise her faith. May she feel only dissatisfaction when Mark tries to lure her into disobedience. Give her discernment so she will see the corruption he tries to hide + will not let him have access to her finances. May she come to yearn to be yoked only with a fellow believer. If it be Your will, please dissolve this relationship soon, with a minimum of heartache. Thank You for all You do for us. We bless Your holy name, amen.

#131 dawna

dawna

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,563 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:36 AM

Most Gracious Heavenly Father: I stand with the prayers of dreibohnen for Alicia. Father, my daughters were her age once and just as vulnerable as she is now. We thought they had the necessary skills and talents to avoid the type of people that could potentially do them harm. But young love is blind and by the time eyes are opened, pain and heartache usually follow. The choices my children made not only have affected their lives, but their children as well. It has been extremely difficult to watch our children struggle with the decisions they made when they were so young. Father, I feel the pain driebohnen is going through. She has a sense of foreboding regarding Mark and the path he is leading Alicia down. Remove the veil covering her eyes. May she see this situation for what it is and not for what she wishes it was. May we continue to pray unceasing for Alicia. Keep a tall hedge of protection around her. Let no evil penetrate this hedge. In Jesus precious name, amen.

#132 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,558 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:52 PM

Dear Lord, I am so grateful for the prayers of those who continue to lift up Alicia before You. I fervently pray for protection for her spiritually, emotionally, physically + psychologically. Perhaps one reason she is comfortable with Mark is because he is so different from her dad. Mark is easygoing because he has little motivation, but he has a stingy, manipulative streak that she has not caught onto yet. Alicia's dad is volatile + scary + has severe anger management issues. Alicia does recognize that Mark is not of her caliber intellectually, but she thinks it'll be ok. I believe she will be bored + eventually ashamed of him, because she continues to excel at school + in the community, while he does not. The differences between them will only continue to grow. Lord, please work on Alicia's heart + mind so she will realize the foolishness of limiting her dating experience to one man, esp. one who is an unbeliever. Show her the dangers of being unequally yoked, esp. how it can lead to compromising one's faith. Convict her of the need to protect her spirit from premarital relations. Block any opportunities there may be for that sort of thing, + fill her with dissatisfaction at the thought of defiling Your temple. Convict her of the need to seek a Christian husband, rather than settling for less than You would want for her. Protect her from Mark's machinations as he seeks to get her to move in for the summer. May she realize it is spiritually offensive to You + financially foolish. Thank You for all You do for us. May this situation bring glory to You. In Jesus' name, amen.

#133 dawna

dawna

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,563 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:09 PM

Most Gracious Heavenly Father: Thank You for the honor of praying for Mark and Alicia. May my words and thoughts reflect Your will at all times. The points dreibohnen makes regarding Mark are valid. Alicia cannot see these differences yet but she most likely will as she ages and matures. Mark appears laid back now, but what will happen if they begin to grow apart? Will that attitude continue, or does he have a streak that is hidden? If she rebels against his wishes, will he retreat or begin to try to dominate? Father, lift the veil from Alicia's eyes. May she see this scenario as it is and not as she wishes it could be. May she realize the dangers of being unevenly yoked. May she seek Your will in her life and may she refrain from making the choices that could affect her for many years. May she hear Your voice as You speak to her. If she listens, she will hear Your counsel and guidance. When it comes, may she heed Your counsel. Keep a tall hedge of protection around Alicia. May no evil penetrate this hedge. Amen

#134 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,558 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:20 PM

Dear Lord, Thank You so much for the prayers of those who stand with me on Alicia's behalf. You know what Mark is really like, + how Alicia is a people-pleaser. She has become that way in part because of her father's volatile nature, being a peacemaker, + those years when I was so sick. In the past when she has mentioned to Mark that she felt her efforts were not being reciprocated, he always came up with an excuse. At some point she is going to have to wake up + see how false his excuses are. I pray that will happen soon. She has already wasted 2 years of her life on him, although I know You can teach her much from the experience. Please show Alicia what You really want for her. You have warned us not to allow ourselves to become unequally yoked. Being young + naive, she thinks she can work things out. Mark will not go to church with her, so I fear being with him will ultimately compromise her faith. Please open her eyes soon to where she is headed. May she see the situation as You see it. May she recognize that she made a choice without consulting You, + that is always a bad idea. If it be Your will, please dissolve this relationship as soon as possible. Protect her heart, her spirit, + her finances from Mark. May she not make a decision to commit to him. It will only bring her more heartache, pain, + long-lasting repercussions. Thank You for what You have done so far. May this situation bring glory to You. In Jesus' name, amen.

#135 dawna

dawna

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,563 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:28 PM

Most Gracious Heavenly Father: I lift up Alicia and Mark to You today. Father, place the correct thoughts and words in my heart so that I will pray effectively and according to Your will. Father, may this aging process that Alicia is experiencing be a learning process for her but not one that reaps long term consequences. Because her personality is one of peace maker, she may not be able to discern the motives of others that could compromise her hopes and dreams for the future. May she be motivated to continue her schoolwork and extracurricular activities. May they bring her great joy. May she listen for Your voice as You lead and guide. Protect Alicia with a tall hedge of protection. May her finances be kept intact. May we continue to pray unceasing for Your will in Alicia's life. May she choose obedience to Your will. Block any attempt by Mark to have his way in Alicia's life. In Jesus precious name, amen.