1774 replies to this topic

#106 dawna

dawna

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,563 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:30 PM

Most Gracious Heavenly Father: Thank You for the honor of praying for Alicia. Father, thank You that You listen to our heartfelt prayers in this matter. May we pray according to Your will. Place the proper thoughts and words in our minds so that we are in line with what You want us to pray for. Father, Alicia is young and vulnerable. She lacks the necessary skills to make the correct judgement regarding Mark. He is her first boyfriend. She may possibly have blinders on if she is in love with him. Her heart tells her that he can't possibly be taking advantage of her. May she move forward with discernment. May her eyes be opened to the pitfalls of allowing herself to be lead astray. May she insist that Mark pay his own way. May she realize that it is actually a kindness that will help him. Otherwise, he may use the skills he is learning now to live off others his entire life. Give dreibohnen the wisdom to express this to Alicia in a way that she can understand. Thank You for all You are doing for Alicia. In Jesus precious name, amen.

#107 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,558 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:56 PM

Dear Lord, Thank You again for those who stand with me as I plead for Alicia. She has been lured into the idea of having a boyfriend + thinks she's in love with Mark. He claims to love her but takes advantage of her financially + otherwise. She is naturally a very generous person + thinks because she is a little better of than he claims to be, she should help him out. All this does is enable him to continue his behavior. He can't be trusted to be truthful because he's dishonest in other ways. He grew up taking the easy way out because his father was not there much of the time to guide him. Additionally, his father divorces + remarries every so many years, replacing one family with another. None of his kids has gotten sufficient attention or guidance. They have grown up without a spiritual or moral framework. We pray that You will allow Alicia to see the situation as You do. May she recognize when she is being taken advantage of + respect herself enough not to allow it. May she see the danger + dissatisfaction of being unequally yoked. If You do not want her to be with Mark, please let her see this asap + help her to find a way out. In Jesus' name, amen.

#108 dawna

dawna

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,563 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:24 PM

Most Gracious Heavenly Father: I lift up Alicia to You today. Father, You know my heart. I feel burdened to pray for this young girl in part because my daughter walked down this same path when she was very young. She was manipulated by a young man into turning over her entire savings to him. He accepted her money without remorse and his parasitic behavior has turned into criminal behavior that has harmed many people. May the veil that covers Alicia's eyes be removed. May she listen as her mom counsels her and guides her. May she continue with her schooling and may she excel in her studies. Father, speak to Alicia. May she listen with her whole heart. May she refrain from letting Mark take advantage of her in any way. In Jesus precious name, amen.

#109 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,558 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:21 AM

Dear Lord, I so appreciate the prayers of the unseen angels on this website. I am grateful for the many ways You've gifted + protected Alicia. The only decisions she's made that have been problematic concern Mark. She has let the idea of having a boyfriend allow her to believe she's in love. I don't trust him with her at all. He talks about not ever having money but doesn't spend what he has wisely. Then she ends up buying things for him. So far she has kept her finances pretty well intact, but she needs extra protection from him in this area, among others. I know You are working on her heart. She at least attends church some + is talking about getting a devotional Bible. I pray she will not let church attendance or her faith be compromised. She thinks she has to respect Mark's atheism but he doesn't really respect her beliefs. My biggest concern is that she will pursue a relationship with You above all else, + not let Mark get in the way of that. Please open her eyes + remove her blinders. May she see Mark for who he really is. Reveal to her Your plan for her life. Help her to follow it. Thank You for the many ways You help us in our trials. We bless Your holy name, amen.

#110 shumaila

shumaila

Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:09 AM

Lord Jesus please be with Alicia. open her eyes, as you opened mine, and make her see the truth and reality. Save her from people who can harm her. Secure her under your wings. Amen.

#111 dawna

dawna

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,563 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:57 PM

Gracious Heavenly Father: Thank You for the honor of lifting Alicia and Mark up to You today. Father, burden my heart so that I pray effectively for them. Place the correct thoughts and words in place that help me glorify You in all ways. May the prayers I offer be in line with Your will. Father, thank You for the ways Alicia is moving forward with her life. Thank You that dreibohnen has a good relationship with her daugther. May she realize that dreibohnen has her best interests at heart. May she submit to her mother's wisdom and allow her to counsel and guide her. Father, may Alicia be able to discern the ways in which Mark might take advantage of her gentle nature. Open her eyes, ears and heart. May she listen as You speak to her. May she be still so that she will hear how You are guiding her. Father, protect her from harm. Place a hedge of protection around her which no evil can penetrate. Thank You for all You are doing in Alicia's and Mark's life. In Jesus precious name, amen

#112 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,558 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:49 AM

Dear Lord, Thank You again for the prayers of the unseen earthly angels who pray on our behalf. I see You working in Alicia's life in small ways. She was filling out answers in a devotional booklet tonight. She has attended services sometimes at college, + sometimes with me, although not as consistently as I would like. Nevertheless, it shows You are working on her heart, + I am profoundly grateful for that. We can't know how long this season of Alicia's life with Mark will last. She is so goal-oriented, motivated + smart I just can't see her settling for him. I pray she will go ahead with her plans to pursue a Master's Degree. If so, it will be another 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 years before she's done with school. That will give her more time to grow up + hopefully realize how different she is from Mark. May she not be satisfied to be unequally yoked with an unbeliever. If You do not want Mark in her life, help her to realize it + give her the courage to end it. Also please help Alicia to not take her good health for granted. She does not get enough sleep or eat properly because she is so busy with school + all her activities. May she remember her body is Your temple + treat it accordingly; may she not defile it in any manner. I ask for any extra measure of patience to wait of Your perfect solution + perfect timing. Thank You for all You do. In Jesus' name, amen.

#113 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,558 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:29 PM

Dear Lord, Thank You again for the many gifts You've given Alicia. My greatest wish is that she would use them to serve You wholeheartedly. I am grateful that Mark has not deterred her from her studies, career goals, or extra-curricular activities. He has, however, been luring her down the wrong path in terms of physical expression of love. She is too young + naive to understand the difference between infatuation + mature love. She is denying herself opportunities to meet Christians her age who would be far better choices for a mate. Satan would love nothing better than to see her unequally yoked with an unbeliever. That would give him additional ammunition to drive her farther away from You. Father, that is not acceptable. Alicia needs to remember all the times You have been there for us + the miracles You've performed in our life. She needs to remember that her body is Your temple, + she must treat is as such. May she also not take her health for granted + make a greater effort to eat properly + get adequate sleep. May she also not take her family or salvation for granted. We ask this in the name of Your precious Son, amen.

#114 dawna

dawna

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,563 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:58 AM

Most Gracious Heavenly Father: Thank You for the honor of praying for this precious young girl. May You place the proper thoughts and words in my mind that will help me pray according to Your will. Father, Alicia is young and impressionable. She trusts that Mark has her best interests at heart most likely because he gives the impression that he does. She isn't mature enough yet to realize that love does not take from others without giving back in return. May her eyes be opened. May Mark begin to stand on his own two feet. Thank You for dreibohnen. May she be effective in guiding and counseling Alicia. Thank You for all the gifts You have bestowed on Alicia. May she continue with her education and church activities. May she grow ever stronger in Your word. May we continue to pray for this outcome. Thank You for all You are doing in this situation. Bless Your holy name. Amen

#115 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,558 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:11 AM

Dear Lord, I know that the choices Alicia has made re: Mark will result in her having to learn a hard lesson sooner or later. I pray she will wake up soon + see him + his behavior for what it truly is. She can see manipulation in others, but not in him. She has been temporarily blinded by her infatuation for him + her naivete. Above all, I pray that nothing will hinder her faith. She truly believes in You, but is stuck in the rut of trying to cater to Mark + his unbelief + still hold onto what she knows about You. That puts her at great risk for Satan to weaken her faith. Please protect her from compromising her faith + from further manipulation. Help her to mature emotionally so she will not settle for less than You want for her. Stir her spirit so she will discern what she cannot see now. May she not make any rash decisions re: commitment to Mark at such a young age. If You do not want her with Mark, let them both realize it soon. Thank You again for the many ways You've gifted her. I pray she will live her life serving You. In Jesus' name, amen.

#116 dawna

dawna

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,563 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:44 AM

Most Gracious Heavenly Father: Thank You for the honor of standing with the faithful lifting Alicia up to You today. Father, there is a certain peace that settles over me when I realize I am speaking to You and that You hear me. There is nothing like that feeling and I thank You. I pray with faith, knowing that You are in complete control. Father, continue to protect Alicia. She is young and vulnerable. She doesn't understand the pitfalls that could possibly arise from dating a man not of her faith. Or any faith, actually. He professes to be athiest; does that give satan a better chance to enter his life and cause havoc? Father, what a silly notion this young man is batting around. How can he look around and not see the wonders the rest of us see, hear and feel? We as believers know that You have created everything. Father, we pray a continuing hedge of protection around Alicia. May the veil that covers her eyes be removed. May she have a revelation that will help her understand why she needs to remove herself from this relationship. Thank You for all You are doing in this relationship. Bless Your holy name. Amen

#117 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,558 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:38 PM

Dear Lord, Thank You so much for having others stand with me as I pray for this child You have entrusted to me, who I love beyond measure. Please help Alicia to realize that dating only one person is not sufficient to make a decision that could affect her for a lifetime. She has limited herself to being with Mark, allowing herself to be unequally yoked. In spite of being warned about the dangers of doing so, she thinks this kind of relationship can work. How we as parents wish we could funnel our hard-earned wisdom into our children! But we know that you can take any situation + use it for a greater purpose. I just pray that Alicia will realize soon what Your will is for her re: Mark. Please give her discernment so she will recognize when Mark is manipulating her. Warn her not to reveal the status of her finances to him. Reinforce the current desire she has to remain at home until she's completely financially secure. Lord, only You know the plans You have for Alicia + how this situation can be used for Your glory. I just pray she will not compromise her faith further. I'm grateful that she does believe in You. I pray she will live her life serving You. Help me to be patient + guide her without alienating her. Thank You for all You have done for us. In Jesus' name, amen.

#118 dawna

dawna

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,563 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:43 AM

Most Gracious Heavenly Father: Thank You for the honor of praying for Alicia and Mark. Father, You know our hearts. It isn't that we don't want these two young people together, it is that we have lived longer and see the tragic pitfalls that sometimes befall unevenly yoked individuals. It is painful when Your own child is potentially headed down a disastrous road. So we pray..............We as believers know that You hear us and our petitions. Prayer definitely calms the spirit. May we all join together in prayer for this young girl. May our petitions make a difference. May we go forward in faith knowing that You are working in this relationship. Thank You for the hedge of protection around Alicia. May no evil penetrate this hedge. In Jesus precious name, Amen.

#119 Mike4Hope

Mike4Hope

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:59 PM

Father: Please honor this mother's prayers for her daughter. May she gain wisdom, discernment and clarity in her life choices. May You meet her where she is at, and may a friend enter her life to mentor her and offer her a church home. In Jesus name, Amen

#120 mrsmy

mrsmy

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:14 PM

Dear Lord,

Thank You so much for having others stand with me as I pray for this child You have entrusted to me, who I love beyond measure. Please help Alicia to realize that dating only one person is not sufficient to make a decision that could affect her for a lifetime. She has limited herself to being with Mark, allowing herself to be unequally yoked. In spite of being warned about the dangers of doing so, she thinks this kind of relationship can work.

How we as parents wish we could funnel our hard-earned wisdom into our children! But we know that you can take any situation + use it for a greater purpose. I just pray that Alicia will realize soon what Your will is for her re: Mark. Please give her discernment so she will recognize when Mark is manipulating her. Warn her not to reveal the status of her finances to him. Reinforce the current desire she has to remain at home until she's completely financially secure.

Lord, only You know the plans You have for Alicia + how this situation can be used for Your glory. I just pray she will not compromise her faith further. I'm grateful that she does believe in You. I pray she will live her life serving You. Help me to be patient + guide her without alienating her. Thank You for all You have done for us. In Jesus' name, amen.

Jesus,

I stand with this mother's prayer. I ask that you please provide her comfort and patience as she waits for You to move in her daughter's life. I ask that Alicia begins to see and submit to Your will for her life. I pray that she returns to You completely as the prodigal son returned home to his father. Please Jesus, inspire her heart and turn her eyes to You. I ask that you remove the scales from her eyes and help her to see what the deceiver is doing in her life. Help her to combat temptation and to live for you completely. I ask that you help her mother to wait on You and to speak with kindness and love always. I thank you for the love that this mother has for her daughter. I ask that you bless both of these women and help them to grow in You.
In Your Name I Pray, Amen