1774 replies to this topic

#91 patches

patches

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,527 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:03 AM

Father, Your Word says to call upon Your Name in the day of trouble. Father, hear this mother's cry for help. Fill her with strength, wisdom, knowledge and the courage to handle this situation in line with Your plans for her daughter. Lord, protect Alicia from the evil scheme of people who may caused her to stray from Your ways. Lord, You are indeed awesome. You know what we do not know and our future is in Your hands. Help Alicia to grow up knowing Your ways and be obedient to Your Words. May Your Holy Spirit convict her heart and fill her with the spirit of discerning so that she will know what is right and wrong. Protect this child, Lord. Help her to find an escape route from temptation. I pray that this Mark will be convicted by Your Spirit, Lord. Turn his ways to reach out to Jesus and be changed in the image of Jesus Christ. Lord, we believe in miracle, and this situation will indeed be a miracle that Your Name is glorified. Thank You, Lord. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

#92 dawna

dawna

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,563 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:52 PM

Most Gracious Heavenly Father: I lift up Mark and Alicia to You today. Father, as we continue to pray unceasingly for this situation, You know our hearts. It is because we are older and we have seen the havoc and torment that can happen when we rebel or don't follow Your word. We have seen that choices we or others make that don't follow Your beliefs can cause pain and suffering not only to the person involved but those around them. Father, Alica is young and impressionable. May she remain strong and committed to You. May she become an effective, powerful witness for Your word. May she turn a deaf ear to Mark's dad who proclaims that Mark can believe in You if he wants to. May Mark's father begin to seek You with his whole heart. May he realize he is not promised to even take one more breath and each one that he does take is a gift from You. Father, give dreibohnen strength and comfort in this difficult time. May we all continue to lift this dear mother, daughter and Mark up You. I plead the Blood of our mighty Saviour, Jesus Christ over this prayer. Amen

#93 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,536 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:27 PM

Dear Lord, When I think of how patient You've been with me and all the mistakes I made in my youth (and still make), I realize Alicia is a few steps ahead of where I was at her age. That gives me great hope that You will be just as patient with her. I believe You are allowing this situation to develop to serve a greater purpose. I cannot know Your thoughts or Your will, but I can plead for my daughter. You entrusted her to me and allowed me to have her against all odds. I pray that I will be worthy of the task of being a powerful witness to her through my actions and example. Above all, I pray that You will always remember her and remind her that she is Your child. Keep leading her back to You when she strays. Do not allow her to stray too far. Put other Christians in her path who will help keep her focused on You. May she seek Your will in every decision she makes, and not merely follow her own. Thank You for the many ways You've blessed us. In Jesus' name, amen.

#94 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,536 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:45 PM

Dear Lord, I know You are working behind the scenes in spite of not being able to see the evidence. Alicia's relationship with Mark is going to teach her something that will be valuable later on. I pray that You will be patient with her disobedience and neglecting to pray and follow You faithfully. She is young and living in the moment. She does not have the wisdom or foresight to visualize where this path can lead her. I pray You will guide her back to the straight and narrow. May she cheerfully serve You and not compromise her faith just to keep Mark happy. Fill her with dissatisfaction at being unequally yoked. May she decide to get her Master's in teaching so she will have a couple extra years to grow up. Give me wisdom to handle this situation as You want me to. May my actions and witness have a powerful and lasting effect on her that will sustain her all of her life and keep her focused on You. In Jesus' name, amen.

#95 dawna

dawna

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,563 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:39 PM

Most Gracious Heavenly Father: I lift up Alicia and Mark to You today. Father, may Alicia seek Your wisdom and guidance prior to making choices that might adversely affect her in the future. Father, we as believers know that if we listen carefully, we can hear Your quiet Voice guiding and instructing us on how to proceed in various circumstances. May Alicia heed Your voice. Sometimes what we want is not always good for us and we must turn away from something we think we really want at that time. Years later, when the dust settles, we feel relieved that we followed a different path than one we originally were intent on. And we are grateful and appreciative that we followed that intuitive Voice that guided us from disastrous circumstances. Guide Mark as well. Lead him to stand on his own feet and not on Alicia's. Place Christians in his path that will help and guide him. May Alicia be a powerful witness to Mark. May we continue to pray unceasingly for this dear family. In Jesus precious name, Amen

#96 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,536 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:24 PM

Dear Lord, I, too pray that You will keep calling Alicia and remind her that she is veering off the path that You have chosen for her. I hate to think of the consequences she will face for not consulting You in her choice of a boyfriend. I pray for leniency and mercy on her behalf. She is young and naive and doesn't realize how critical it is to follow You without turning to the right or to the left and going after what she wants without You. Please keep her safe as she flies back from Reno tomorrow. I pray that this trip opened her eyes to what a mess she will find herself in if she links herself permanently with this family. If she doesn't see it yet, I pray she will soon. May she feel Your dissatisfaction and distress at yoking herself unequally with an unbeliever. Please show Mark and Alicia what You want for them. May Alicia not feel bound to stay in this relationship out of default or fear that she will disappoint Mark or his family. May she have the courage to witness to them and not compromise her faith further. Thank You for the many ways You have gifted her, and the relationship I am able to have with her in spite of our disagreement on the subject of Mark. In Jesus' name, amen.

#97 dawna

dawna

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,563 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:49 PM

Most Gracious Heavenly Father: I lift up Mark and Alicia to You today. Father, keep them safe as they return from their Thanksgiving holiday. May this trip have been an eye opening experience for Alicia. She was raised to follow Your Word. May the veil be removed from her eyes. May she see the differences between believers and non-believers and may she choose to embrace what she knows to be true. Thank You that she has that background and for her praying mother. Father, may we all continue to pray unceasingly for this family. Father, thank You for the ways You are working in this situation. May we continue to be patient as we realize that Your time frame is not necessarily ours. All things work to glorify You. In Jesus precious name, amen

#98 jimdavis143

jimdavis143

PrayWay Member

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:28 PM

My dear Lord, thank you for your many graces and mercies. I confess to you my God, that I forgive everyone who has wronged me, so my forgiveness can be given by you. Lord, I pray that you help this girl, we as parents know how our children stray, not only from us, but from you. Please show her your way, protect her, and guide her from the path of no good. God thank again for your forgiveness. I ask the prayers, with humbleness, and greatness to you, through the name and blood of Jesus Christ. Amen.

#99 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,536 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:14 PM

Dear Lord, Thank You so much for bringing Alicia back safely from her trip. I pray that she sees the reality of what it means to live an unfulfilled life, as evidenced by being around Mark's family. May she long only to follow You. Help her to realize doing what she wants without consulting You will not bring her happiness. May she see Mark for who and what he really is. May she not enable his behavior and instead inspire him to be independent and stand on his own two feet. I pray she will pursue a master's degree after finishing her undergraduate studies, as this will give her a couple more years to grow up. Help me to be wise and nonjudgmental in my dealings with her. She knows I love her unconditionally, and that will bear fruit at some point. Thank You for all the gifts You've given her. May she use them to serve You. In Jesus' name, amen.

#100 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,536 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:48 PM

Dear Lord, Once again I thank You for the many ways You've gifted and blessed Alicia. She has remained committed to her schoolwork and other extra-curricular activities. Admittedly, she spends more time with Mark that I'd like, but I am trying to leave that situation in Your hands. Please continue to be patient with her. May she learn a valuable lesson from this relationship, but preferably one that is not too painful. Protect her financially and restrain her from enabling Mark by giving him money when he should be standing on his own two feet job-wise and expenses-wise. Convict her heart so she will realize the danger and dissatisfaction of being unequally yoked. You have warned us: what fellowship does light have with darkness? If possible, provide a faithful Christian husband for her- one who will help her faith to grow and be a strong leader for her as she gets older. In Jesus' name, amen.

#101 dawna

dawna

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,563 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:56 PM

Most Gracious Heavenly Father: I lift up Alicia to You today. Father, thank You that Alicia is doing well in her school work and extra curricular activities. May these activities keep her grounded and focused on her long term goals. May she refrain from making things easy on Mark as it could set a precedent. She is young and perhaps unable to discern the difference between "helping and enabling." May Mark realize that he is responsible for his own expenses and not rely on others to pay his way. May we continue to lift Alicia and Mark up to You. Give us the proper words and thoughts to pray according to Your will. In Jesus precious name, amen.

#102 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,536 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:17 PM

Dear Lord, Give me patience + wisdom as I wait for You to move in Alicia's life re: her relationship with Mark. Thank You that she is at least attending church some of the time. I especially praise You for allowing her to be one of a few people chosen to attend the annual governor's prayer breakfast + leadership forum. May she meet strong Christians she will befriend + keep in touch with, who will be a powerful witness in her life. It concerns me greatly that Alicia has never dated anyone but Mark. She has no good standard to compare him to, as her father has serious issues. She is more of a parent to her own father than he is to her. I pray You will convict her spirit so she will not accept a substandard, parasitic relationship-especially one in which her would-be mate is not a Christian. I know You are working behind the scenes, even if I can't see it. Thank You for all You do. In Jesus' name, amen.

#103 dawna

dawna

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,563 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:55 AM

Most Gracious Heavenly Father: Thank You for the honor of praying for Alicia. Father, move in Alicia's heart. Help her to discern healthy relationships from unhealthy ones. Father, may she be protected from sliding into the pitfalls of an unhealthy union with a parasitic mate. Father, guide her, protect her. Place Christians in her path that will help her make good decisions for her future. May she strive to emulate the behavior of those that seek to help her. May she be still enough to hear Your voice as You call out to her. May she continue with her church activities and her schoolwork. May she seek You with her whole heart. Father, may we all stand united for this young woman and may we continue to pray unceasingly. Thank You for all You do. Bless Your holy name, amen.

#104 dreiBohnen

dreiBohnen

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,536 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:51 PM

Dear Lord, You know how grateful I am for this child You have entrusted to me. You have gifted her beyond measure, yet Satan seeks to lead her away from serving You by leading her to an unbeliever who puts his own needs above hers. She is young, naive + trusting, + thinks she can work things out. Yet Mark will not attend church with her; he can't be bothered. But he expects her to go out of her way for him. She is not seeing the red flags that fly in front of her face. Give her clarity so she will see this situation as You do + turn from following after someone who is ruled by worldly ways. May she not compromise her faith any further. May she seek Your will in all decisions she makes + have the courage to not accept less than You will stand for. In Jesus' name, amen.

#105 mrsmy

mrsmy

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:38 PM

Dear Lord,

You know how grateful I am for this child You have entrusted to me. You have gifted her beyond measure, yet Satan seeks to lead her away from serving You by leading her to an unbeliever who puts his own needs above hers. She is young, naive + trusting, + thinks she can work things out. Yet Mark will not attend church with her; he can't be bothered. But he expects her to go out of her way for him. She is not seeing the red flags that fly in front of her face.

Give her clarity so she will see this situation as You do + turn from following after someone who is ruled by worldly ways. May she not compromise her faith any further. May she seek Your will in all decisions she makes + have the courage to not accept less than You will stand for. In Jesus' name, amen.

Lord,

Comfort dreiBohnen and help her to see that you control all things. I pray for her daughter and ask that you please guide this young girl and help her to make Godly decisions. We know that you say if we raise our children up in You they will return to You. Thank you for this Lord. I ask that you give dreiBohnen peace today. Help her to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Protect her daughter from any harm.

In Your Name I Pray,

Amen