20 replies to this topic

#1 savingourlove

savingourlove

New Prayer Poster

• Members2
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:59 PM

My husband and I have been in a very stressfull situation for years. It seemed all better by mid 2009 and all most of 2010 till now. He cheated on me in 2006 and I haven't been able to forgive him. I know God was there for me when my husband and I nearly went through a divorce in 2008 he kept me strong and had people come to my aid to keep me strong. I don't have anyone now, and we are the verge of divorce again. I am unable to forgive him, I want to forgive him and I pray to God to change me to try and make me a better wife to be able to understand him, to make me less angry and jealous, to understand that if he is still with me it is because he has changed and loves me. We have two children and he is currently away on deployment, two days before my birthday on the 11th of this month, he asked me to think about and look for ways to go about a divorce. I don't know what to do, all I know is that I don't want this divorce to go through. I don't have many friends where I live and don't know who can pray for me. So I sought out you all to pray for me. To pray that I am a better wife, more understanding less angry, to pray that my husband realizes that the kids and I need him that he will have a change of heart. Most of all I pray and want nothing more than his saftey while he is away. He has friends who are seperated who I feel are making him feel like he should be seperated as well, I pray that these people are removed from his life so that he can have clarity. Please help, I want to be a better wife for him and be able to save our marriage, I want to be able to say I forgive you and mean it. Please help me, thank you. I know God listens and that in order for good things to happen people have to wait. I know I have to wait it just kills me to have my husband ask time and time again about me figuring things out for a divorce that I do not want. I told him that if he wanted it that he could figure it out because I just don't have a clear mind. I am trying to find a job in the midst of all of this because I feel maybe he needs me to be more independant, but with this economy it has been hard for me to find a job after being a stay at home mom for five years. Please pray for me, and keep me in your thoughts. I have faith that we will all recieve good things.

#2 charityanne

charityanne

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,857 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 02:45 AM

Father God I ask that you would help these two to put You at the head of their marriage, and help this husband to ask you into his heart as Lord and Savior of his life and help him to live for you in every way.. If this wife has any spiritual needs I ask that You would draw her to you totally, and help her to serve you in every way. I ask that You would turn this husband around and help him to see his need of a Savior and help him to ask Jesus into his heart as Lord and Savior of his life. Father I ask that You would help this wife to be able to forgive this husband of all of his infidelitys, because the Bible says that if we don't forgive we won't be forgiven. Although this may be hard for this wife to do please give her the strength and power through You to be able to do it. Father I ask that You would protect this husband while he is away and keep him from all sin and harm These things I ask in the name of Jesus. Amen. Philippians 4:13

#3 Cheesiercissy

Cheesiercissy

New Prayer Poster

• Members2
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:27 AM

Almighty God. Please provide comfort for this family during this difficult times and decisions taht they are going through. Touch each of their hearts Lord and make it so that your will is done and not theirs. Lift up your children Lord and provide your comfort and your strength for their lives. Streghten this wife Lord and give her your heart father, your forgiving heart, so that she in turn can forgi ve her husband Lord. Father touch this husband so that he listens to your voice Lord, for what God has put together no man should be able to separate. Touch him Lord so that he once again cleaves unto his wife and they stay as one as you've made them to be. Father you said that nothing that you put togetehr can be separated, show your power int his so that this family can glorify your name and call you Lord, their God. Thank you Lord for answering the prayers of this wife and for showing your power through this situation and for bringing people closer to you. Thank you for blessing the childen Lord and for providing comfort for them and stregth during this difficult situation. We wait for your will to be done in this and all matters. In Jesus wonderful, mighty name. Amen

#4 Firesign

Firesign

PrayWay Member

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:02 AM

Dear GOD, Please help this woman get the help she needs in such a dark time. Help her to open her heart so she can truly forgive her husband. Please do not let it be to late for them. Help them to both fight for the marriage and to get the help they need.

#5 mjr

mjr

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:37 AM

Heavenly Father, I stand in agreement for all these prayers for this couple.I lift this marriage up to You and ask for Your blessing and guidance for on them, give them strength and courage to hold on to You during this difficult time. In Jesus'name Amen

#6 savingourlove

savingourlove

New Prayer Poster

• Members2
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:19 PM

Thank you for all for your prayers. I am lost today I am trying to stay so strong, but my husband emailed me a few minutes ago to say that he still wants me or us to fill out the divorce papers and find divorce papers. He is putting ideas as to what we should do, that before he comes back from his mission that I and the kids should be already back with my parents. Please keep prayers going, I want our marriage to work, and I would like all those nay sayers in his life to be pushed away from his life. I am trying to keep strong, I am trying and I am trying to forgive him and let all resentment be freed from my heart. I sometimes feel it is too late, but I want to keep the faith, and keep and fight for my marriage.

#7 mrsmy

mrsmy

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:01 PM

My husband and I have been in a very stressfull situation for years. It seemed all better by mid 2009 and all most of 2010 till now. He cheated on me in 2006 and I haven't been able to forgive him. I know God was there for me when my husband and I nearly went through a divorce in 2008 he kept me strong and had people come to my aid to keep me strong. I don't have anyone now, and we are the verge of divorce again. I am unable to forgive him, I want to forgive him and I pray to God to change me to try and make me a better wife to be able to understand him, to make me less angry and jealous, to understand that if he is still with me it is because he has changed and loves me. We have two children and he is currently away on deployment, two days before my birthday on the 11th of this month, he asked me to think about and look for ways to go about a divorce. I don't know what to do, all I know is that I don't want this divorce to go through. I don't have many friends where I live and don't know who can pray for me. So I sought out you all to pray for me. To pray that I am a better wife, more understanding less angry, to pray that my husband realizes that the kids and I need him that he will have a change of heart. Most of all I pray and want nothing more than his saftey while he is away. He has friends who are seperated who I feel are making him feel like he should be seperated as well, I pray that these people are removed from his life so that he can have clarity. Please help, I want to be a better wife for him and be able to save our marriage, I want to be able to say I forgive you and mean it. Please help me, thank you. I know God listens and that in order for good things to happen people have to wait. I know I have to wait it just kills me to have my husband ask time and time again about me figuring things out for a divorce that I do not want. I told him that if he wanted it that he could figure it out because I just don't have a clear mind. I am trying to find a job in the midst of all of this because I feel maybe he needs me to be more independant, but with this economy it has been hard for me to find a job after being a stay at home mom for five years. Please pray for me, and keep me in your thoughts. I have faith that we will all recieve good things.

Jesus,

I pray that you protect this marriage. I ask that you bring healing and comfort. Help this wife to forgive her husband and help this husband to want his wife anf family. I ask that they can grow in You and together. Help them to make you the center of their marriage. Bring hope back into thier lives. In Your Name I Pray,

Amen

I will be praying for you Savingourlove. My marriage has had many ups and downs too and we have been on the brink of divorce a couple of times. God is faithful and wants to bear this burden for you. Jessu said, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matthew 28-30. Really I have found peace in our Lord. Knowing that he should be my first priority in life has helped me to see what the Lord wants for my life. I know that I can only change me and that the Lord will work on my husband's heart in time. I have allowed our struggles to refine me and change me. I am so much better for it. I actually rejoice in my sufferings because they draw mw near to our Lord. Another verse I love and was just sent to me today is Romans 5:3-5 "More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us". I think this applies to my life and really yours too. Hang in there. If you stay faithful the Lord will bless you. He works all things for good for those who are in Him!!! Take care.

Amber

One more verse for you...

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

But he said to me, "My gace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, them I am content with weakness, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

#8 Caryn Esther

Caryn Esther

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:53 PM

In Jesus' name, please God. I pray for this marriage that it will be all it has lacked. Please help - it is needed, and what doors You shut no one can open. What doors You open, no man can shut. I ask this for this marriage that there will be open doors in Jesus' dear name, Amen.

#9 Saved

Saved

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,619 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:42 AM

Lord-I pray that you would change this man's heart toward his marriage-convict him of his sin-be with his wife -pour out your love&grace in this marriage that it might be saved

#10 Minoo

Minoo

Minoo

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:03 AM

LORD , change this man;s heart towards right direction and help him realize the importance of his marriage to his life and how much hiswife means to him. Help him to realize his wife's love and reform completely as per your will, Amen

#11 savingourlove

savingourlove

New Prayer Poster

• Members2
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:14 PM

Well last week I found out my husband has been seeing another woman, a woman in the Army. The only thing that is good about this is that this girl is not on deployment with him, she is in town but will be leaving to California in the next few months. I am very upset, my husband keeps telling me to file for divorce papers, but I do not want to go do this. I do not want my children to blame me for what is happening. I think he is very confused, and doesn't know what he is talking about and what he really is feeling. I feel he is confused because of this girl in his life. I want to seek out prayer that this temptation is vanished from his life and realizes that his wife and children love him very much. Lord please let the Holy Spirit come into my husband's life and show him the light. Whatever is done in dark will always comes to light thus how I found out about this other woman. Please keep me and my children in our thoughts. Thank you so much for your parayers.

#12 bdavis

bdavis

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:09 PM

I pray that You will intervene in this situation. Bring peace, joy, love and forgiveness back to this marriage. Please open his eyes to the betrayal against his family and against You. Please take away this temptation from him. I pray that he would stop asking her to do his dirty work of finding out how to get a divorce. Give her wisdom, strength, courage and patience while she waits for You to intervene in Jesus name, amen.

#13 mrsmy

mrsmy

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:38 PM

Well last week I found out my husband has been seeing another woman, a woman in the Army. The only thing that is good about this is that this girl is not on deployment with him, she is in town but will be leaving to California in the next few months. I am very upset, my husband keeps telling me to file for divorce papers, but I do not want to go do this. I do not want my children to blame me for what is happening. I think he is very confused, and doesn't know what he is talking about and what he really is feeling. I feel he is confused because of this girl in his life. I want to seek out prayer that this temptation is vanished from his life and realizes that his wife and children love him very much. Lord please let the Holy Spirit come into my husband's life and show him the light. Whatever is done in dark will always comes to light thus how I found out about this other woman. Please keep me and my children in our thoughts. Thank you so much for your parayers.

My thoughts are with you savingourlove. Wow what a hard situation. My husband is also in the military and has been unfaithful. It is a hard long road to walk, but I can say with complete confident, do what you feel the Lord is leading you to do. If you feel that He is instructing you to wait...wait on Him. Do not be pressed to file for divorce from anyone. The Lord will provide a way for you to get through this...even though it hurts so badly. I understand completely. All I can say that in my own life, the Lord has told me to wait on Him. My husband step out on me emotionally with a VERY young woman in February while he was away at training. I called him out on it and he became distant and bitter towards me. He deployed in July and has been oversees every since. He is Facebook friends with this girl and it does hurt, but I have been faithful to my Lord and have been trying with all my might to follow Him. I read His word daily, with brings my faith and hope. "Faith comes by hearing and hearing comes by the Word of God". In the past couple of weeks the Lord has blessed me with good communication with my husband. He even apologized for being "the way that he has been" and told me he didn't mean to take anything out on me. I see the Lord working in our marriage and in his life and know that sometimes to humble a person (or husband in our cases) the Lord knocks them down a few pegs so they have no where to look but up. I have been reading through the book of Isaiah each night and have found some common themes. First the Lord chases after those who have strayed and are His children. Two, when His children stray, He knocks them down, humbles their hearts, and waits for their return to Him. It happens over and over throughout the book. This has helped me to see why by husband has been going through trials and issues while deployed. I pray that the Lord places your husband back on track and that he can submit to the will of God and become a Godly man. If you feel you are to wait and not divorce your husband, know that it will be painful and hard to wait on God. Use the pain you experience to draw close to your creator. It has blessed my in so many more ways that I even know. I have developed a intimate relationship with my Lord and my faith has grown leaps and bounds. I am also experiencing joy and feel so fulfilled despite the fact that my husband prefers to flirt with other women at times. I have given all my burdens to the Lord because he has instructed me to. I hope my story inspires you to draw near to the Lord and trust that His plan for your life is the best one. Hang in there!!! I know it hurts and your world feels like it is crashing down. Center your thoughts and life around Jesus and you will get through this and be blessed because of your faithfulness.

Jesus,

Touch this marriage. I ask that this husband repent and turn from his adulterous relationship. Please destroy this unGodly union he has created and bring him back to his children and wife. I ask that you allow him to submit to Your perfect will for his life. I ask that you convict his heart and please wash his soul with your healing water. Please give this wife strength in her weakness. Help her to draw close to You in this time of pain and need. I ask that you please give her hope and allow her to give you all her burdens and troubles. Fill her cup so it overflows. Give her your gifts of the spirit. I ask that you especially grant her patience, kindness, love, joy, and happiness. Jesus, bless this family and protect this marriage. I ask that your blood cover this marriage and household completely. Again, please destroy the adulterous marriage. I ask that you bring healing and reconnection in this family.

In Your Name I Pray,
Amen

#14 Caryn Esther

Caryn Esther

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:59 AM

Dear God, please bless and protect mrsmy and her husband today from evil. Thank You for how far they've come. Join their union, may it be closer than ever in all Your truth, for I ask this in Jesus' name, and thank You Father for all Your good purposes - which never fail. Amen.

#15 goodhope

goodhope

New Prayer Poster

• Members2
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:55 PM

Thank you for all for your prayers. I am lost today I am trying to stay so strong, but my husband emailed me a few minutes ago to say that he still wants me or us to fill out the divorce papers and find divorce papers. He is putting ideas as to what we should do, that before he comes back from his mission that I and the kids should be already back with my parents. Please keep prayers going, I want our marriage to work, and I would like all those nay sayers in his life to be pushed away from his life. I am trying to keep strong, I am trying and I am trying to forgive him and let all resentment be freed from my heart. I sometimes feel it is too late, but I want to keep the faith, and keep and fight for my marriage.

Dear God please provide this angel strength to endure her ordeal. I pray that God will lead her to the right path. Dear father break these chains that evil is creating in her marriage. Please fill the husband's heart with your love and open his eyes to see and desire the love of his wife and family.

God Bless