39 replies to this topic

#16 kris73

kris73

PrayWay Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 11:42 AM

well like many it is my real name. it is good to be here.i have had many people ask me to pray for them or for peolpe they know are in need. i am glad to have this chance to pray for so many people. even if i do not post something i am still praying. thanks be to god!

#17 parth

parth

Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 03:29 PM

hey all, i have enjoyed reading about everyones nicknames. mine is nothing fancy. just "parth". the first 5 letters of my last name.; used to be called this many years ago when i was in the working world. wish that i could have thought of something that sounded a little "cooler". are we still using that word these days, or am i showing my age, LOL. anywho, thanks to all for sharing. very interesting. Jerry :lol: B) :D :) :P :ph34r:

#18 In His Name

In His Name

Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 03:34 AM

Thank you all for sharing your names and their meanings. I have always been intrested in knowing the way people pick their user names.

#19 sharnellove

sharnellove

Advanced Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 08:09 AM

well my name is a combination of my name and my husband name and what I desire more of from him that is why love is on the end of my user name by the way you guys are some of the sweetess people thanks for your prayers for my self and my family , friends, MR N.R.R and I wonted to say to all of you lets keep on pressing to the mark!!!!!!! :D

#20 Chipo

Chipo

Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:58 AM

My user name means Chipo means gift. It was actually my real name but my parents decided to change it after having a row with my aunt after hwom I had been named. She is my dad's half sistr. I wish they had kept the name as I love the aunt who is so beatiful and I like the meaning of the name.

#21 debspugs

debspugs

Advanced Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 07:35 PM

Greetings to all....Whats in my name? :) My name is Debbie and I have 3 beautiful Pug Dogs who I love Dearly named Bandit....Daisy.... and Jazmyne. I also have a beagle named Lady who has made herself a house dog with my pugs. God Bless Debbie

#22 Megan

Megan

Prayer Power Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 10:03 AM

At times I feel a lot like Paul. I was raised in a religous home, with wealth. I rebelled and walked away dedicating my life to the enemy, I was deceived and thought I was doing the right thing. I allowed the enemy to use me to lead many people to him and as a result many things that God had blessed me with were taken from me. Just like Paul God spoke to me, took big things from me to get my attention and then gave me mercy and grace. Little by little I am being sent back to the places that I was used by the enemy to sow destruction and am now sowing seeds of truth, hope and peace. Just like God changed Sauls name to Paul I believe God gave me that same vision. My legal name is long, I have a first, nick name, middle name, maiden name and married name. I took letters from all of those names and came up with Megan. So far I only use this name on the prayer request lines and email address. People don't know about this name change thing, it's not too accepted in our day and age and I worry it might offend my parents. But for me, I know the old person is finally dead and Megan was reborn in Christ. I feel like the letters that were taken from each of my legal names were symbolic of pulling everything that happened in my life up to the point of the rebirth together and useing it for the Lord. Even though the old girl and all the old behaviors are dead, there were still things she walked through that God can use to show his power of mercy, grace and deliverance. So the letters to me are symolic of those things and experiences pulled together and now being used by the new girl for Gods glory.

#23 keithlewis85

keithlewis85

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 09:01 AM

megan, that name certainly has a lot of depth and meaning behind it. great testimony too.

#24 powerofprayer

powerofprayer

Advanced Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 08:13 PM

I wanted to pick out a name that I believed in. I didn't want it to be about me. I wanted it to mean something more. Also, I wanted it to be a reminder to myself every time I log into something that the power of prayer does work. It is my and every one else's direct connection to Jesus. That is a wonderful thing.

#25 meg

meg

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,470 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 04:56 PM

my name is Brenda but my log on name is Meg...it has the initials of the last names of my parents,my grandmother and a beloved uncle..they are all with the Lord now and I like to think Meg can also stand for My Eternal Guides as I often feel that they are watching over me from Heaven as well as My Eternal God is....so Meg just seemed to be right.

#26 Moorrie

Moorrie

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 05:59 PM

In His Name, I find the timing of this funny, we had a theology class, and the teacher asked us to find out "what is our name".

That has never left me, with all I have lived through and witnessed in my walk, I have felt the Lord has changed my name to Resilient
Every time the enemy has tried to knock me down, God always has me standing on my feet - some how, some way..
When I came to this site, I was at the lowest point in my life and was plannning to just take my life and be done with it - God here again snatched me right back out of that spirit/dark place and gave me hope to live again - it was not an overnight experience - but He did it just the same.

My birth name is Sherri (means "Beloved" - my user names are a mixture of both my birth, maiden and married Moore - is my married name, so Moorrie is actually a mix of my birth and married.

for business I use MooreMart - Mart - short for Martin - maiden.

My only problem is when I use my username, everyone always think I
am a man, and that is so funny to me because should we ever meet
I am a girly girl all the way...................

God Bless You And Keep You All

Moorrie

#27 Moorrie

Moorrie

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 06:05 PM

In His Name, I find the timing of this funny, we had a theology class, and the teacher asked us to find out "what is our name".

That has never left me, with all I have lived through and witnessed in my walk, I have felt the Lord has changed my name to Resilient
Every time the enemy has tried to knock me down, God always has me standing on my feet - some how, some way..
When I came to this site, I was at the lowest point in my life and was plannning to just take my life and be done with it - God here again snatched me right back out of that spirit/dark place and gave me hope to live again - it was not an overnight experience - but He did it just the same.

My birth name is Sherri (means "Beloved") - my user names are a mixture of both my birth, maiden and married Moore - is my married name, so Moorrie is actually a mix of my birth and married.

for business I use MooreMart - Mart - short for Martin - maiden.

My only problem is when I use my username, everyone always think I
am a man, and that is so funny to me because should we ever meet
I am a girly girl all the way...................

God Bless You And Keep You All

Moorrie

#28 anneanne

anneanne

Prayer Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 05:10 AM

My user name "anneanne" is the same name my brother calls me when he is speaking to his cat, Dorothy, and other animals. Sometimes he will say, "Go see AnneAnne". whenever he is trying to get them to visit me. My real name is Ana, but a lot of people call me Ann(e). anneanne

#29 ckeyeli

ckeyeli

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 05:40 AM

Hi Mine is my real name. c is the initial of my first name and keyeli is my second name, though my nick name is kelly simply because guys find it difficult to pronounce keyeli. I like all your nick names _ very creative. Yes I totally love Jesus

#30 frank de malonza

frank de malonza

New Prayer Poster

• Members2
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:04 AM

How did you chose your user name?

Does it have a special meaning for you?

Is the message behind it for you or for others?

My user name is In His Name. I have used that on several other message boards. I use to belong to the International Order of the Kings Daughers and Sons. They had a cross that had the IHN in each of the top 3 points of that cross. That image stuck with me. I chose to be In His Name, I chose to work In His Name, and I am attempting to live In His Name. To do any of those in my own name would be foolish.

So tell me about your user name.