39 replies to this topic

#1 In His Name

In His Name

Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 07:31 PM

How did you chose your user name? Does it have a special meaning for you? Is the message behind it for you or for others? My user name is In His Name. I have used that on several other message boards. I use to belong to the International Order of the Kings Daughers and Sons. They had a cross that had the IHN in each of the top 3 points of that cross. That image stuck with me. I chose to be In His Name, I chose to work In His Name, and I am attempting to live In His Name. To do any of those in my own name would be foolish. So tell me about your user name.

#2 blackbirdsinginginthedeadofnight

blackbirdsinginginthedeadofnight

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 08:56 PM

Oh Gayle! My user name is really embarassing to me! I picked it, not realizing it would be popping up as my identifying marker. I thought it was just for me to sign in with! Anyway, I picked it, as I was humming a Beatles song when I first stumbled on to here. Thus and forever I will be known as "black bird singing in the dead of night" while here at this site. Although, kind of fitting... as I am usually on "in the dead of night" and praying is like singing. Anyway, your name is really great...very meaningful! Anyone can just refer to me by Rose, or "blackbird" . ;)

#3 eric

eric

PrayWay.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 08:57 PM

I chose my username because it's my real name ;) I love unique user names though, like you both have!

#4 ythgrl

ythgrl

Prayer Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 11:15 AM

Hi Everybody, I am ythgrl...as in youth girl...as in the youth director at my church. I chose it because I wanted to fool you all into thinking I was young!!!!! (Just kidding) No, really I have a passion for youth, youth ministry and the whole 9 yards! But you can call me Teri. Have a nice day!

#5 just_greta

just_greta

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 03:32 PM

Well, Greta is my real name...and I am just me...no superficial facades - no artifical (body parts), and I rarely even wear makeup. I'm just me...just_greta.

#6 winkink

winkink

Advanced Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 06:07 AM

My last name is Wienke, pronounced Winkie! People have always nicknamed my husband and sons "wink". When my oldest son was young, he hand made me a birthday card. On the back of the card where it would normally say "Hallmark" or whatever.....He had put winkink.......I thought it was so creative and I have taken it as my computer name ever since!!

#7 In His Name

In His Name

Prayer Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 07:25 PM

My last name is Wienke, pronounced Winkie!  People have always nicknamed my husband and sons "wink".  When my oldest son was young, he hand made me a birthday card.  On the back of the card where it would normally say "Hallmark" or whatever.....He had put winkink.......I thought it was so creative and I have taken it as my computer name ever since!! 

View Post

Even better then a Hallmark, when you care enough to send the very best. What a cute name.

#8 sheila

sheila

Prayer Power Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 08:32 AM

HI Sheila is my real name - it just didn't occur to me to make one up although I have wished I had when I saw some of your names! Usually, Sheila is already gone so I was quite pleased to see I could just be me! Take care Sheila

#9 yellow161

yellow161

PrayWay Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 08:56 AM

Hi, My name is Nancy and Yellow is my favorite color, it reminds me of the sun and the sun reminds me of fun. It is just a cheerful color for me. The numbers doesn't mean anything.

#10 patches

patches

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,527 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 05:56 PM

Dear Lord Jesus, I believe you are reading what is written on this site and I can see your sweet loving smile on your face. Whatever the name is we have one thing in common, we believe in Jesus Christ who is our Saviour and the Source of our faith. My username Patches is from an abandon female cat. The cat is so beautiful and three coloured, white, black and brown. It is so loving towards my family but not towards my own cat, a black and white male. I know oneday they will become the best of friend. If God works on human lives I believe he will also works on cats lives. Thank you all for sharing what a blessing to get to know so many people around the globe. :P Praise Jesus.

#11 Friarbob

Friarbob

Prayer Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 08:00 PM

My user name isnt too original I just reversed the order of my first and last names I just changed the spelling. my actual name is BobFryer which I made into Friarbob

#12 scott

scott

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 08:40 PM

I'm Scott! :P I normally sign into things with "fumyouth" which is Faith United Methodist youth. But I never get an opportunity to use my name. Plus, people love to abbreviate, and sometimes without meaning it use the first two letters as a nickname. And then there's fummy, which is interesting...

#13 keithlewis85

keithlewis85

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 10:10 PM

mine is my real name and the year i was born. I've used this login on the internet for many years.

#14 got_nothing

got_nothing

PrayWay Member

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 09:35 PM

well, my nick is called got_nothing.... it maybe sounds kinda weird to some of you guys, but I used to have this nick since I was a non-believer, because when I wasnt a christian, one day I found out myself that I dont have much things that are valuable left in this world, not friendship, things that I'd owned for now, I can't take them away after I died. So that's why I called myself got_nothing from that time on, and I am still using this nick in many forums and other places too!!!!! :) cheers!

#15 patches

patches

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,527 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 10:40 PM

Hi friend, eh got_nothing is something. You still have Jesus. Amen. What you say is true, that we do not own anything in this world, because God is the Owner and we are the ower, He only gives us the power to administer to what is rightly His. Amen.