Daughter moved out

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_WILHOME

Guest_WILHOME
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:01 PM

Our 21 year old daughter, Stephanie moved out today on bad terms. She is extremely immature and needs your prayers to help guide her cause she is not thinking clearly about her life. She also doesn’t plan to attend church anymore. Please pray for my sister, Katie who Stephanie will be living with as she will need all the wisdom from God that she can get. She doesn't have any children of her own. Please pray for my husband, my other daughter and me as our hearts are really heavy right now. Today was the first time I've seen my husband cry in years. Thank you for praying, Libby

#2 inHissteps

inHissteps

Prayer Warrior

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:50 PM

Our 21 year old daughter, Stephanie moved out today on bad terms. She is extremely immature and needs your prayers to help guide her cause she is not thinking clearly about her life. She also doesn’t plan to attend church anymore. Please pray for my sister, Katie who Stephanie will be living with as she will need all the wisdom from God that she can get. She doesn't have any children of her own.

Please pray for my husband, my other daughter and me as our hearts are really heavy right now. Today was the first time I've seen my husband cry in years.

Thank you for praying,

Libby

Grace and peace Wilhome,
Your enemy, Satan, walks around like a roaring lion seeking those whom he may devour. Don't let this departure of your daughter give ammunition to the enemy. Don't allow the words that Stephanie spoke to you have any ill effect on you. In Jesus name, FAther we bind Stephanie to your will and purpose for her life. We loose, crush, smash and destroy every hard and harsh word spoken about Stephanie, to Stephanie and even by Stephanie. We bind her emotions to the steadying and balance of Holy Spirit who comforts her and counsels her.

I encourage you Wilhome, to worship God. Lay aside everything that you see with your physical eyes and your raw emotions, and worshp God. Spend 15 minutes or more worshipping Him for He is a good God. He is a mighty awesome God, He is a good God and He is good to you and your family! He is worthy and believe it or not, He will deal with your daughter. You have to believe it. Your husband also has to believe this. This situation did not take God by surprise and to sit and worry about it is the same as saying I don't trust God with my daughter. I know harsh, but think about it. Who knows her best? Ask Holy Spirit to comfort her and counsel her and you and your family worship God and leave Stephanie with Holy Spirit to deal with.

Here's the other part, condemnation and guilt will come upon you. Know that is NOT God, don't allow it in! Kick it out the door and worship God.

Blessed Father, in Jesus name, I thank you for this amazing godly family whom you love to the uttermost. Holy Spirit comfort each family member, I ask for peace be upon their heart and give them wise counsel on how to communicate with Stephanie. Let love and forgiveness be their choice and thank you that reconciliation and restoration is coming.
In Jesus name. Amen

#3 Guest_WILHOME

Guest_WILHOME
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:35 PM

Your words are such a comfort to me and my family. Thank you for the encouragement and great advice. I will pray this prayer for my daughter and watch my words and trust and praise the Lord! God Bless You! Libby

#4 inHissteps

inHissteps

Prayer Warrior

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:00 PM

Grace and peace Libby, I've been where you are and I've grown since then in the knowledge of who I am in Christ and what He accomplished on the cross for me. I have learned that worshipping God gets faster answers to prayers than worrying, begging and pleading. When we worship God our words and heart are in the right place. It is so easy to sit and worry and speak out our fears (which Satan loves to hear), amd then get angry when we rehearse in our minds the arguements and hurting words that were spoken in anger. I learned this going through difficulties with my son when he was a teen. Holy Spirit gave me this, so I pass it on to you. For you Libby: The words we speak, They will either hurt, Or they will heal Someone's broken heart. We must be careful Of the words we speak, For once spoken They can never be taken back. The Word says, "death and life Are in the power of the tongue, And they that love it, Will eat the fruit thereof." Your words reflect the life in you. So be careful of what you say, And think before you speak, For your words can either hurt or heal Someone's broken heart. ________ Someone I know had written to another person but did not get a good response back from them. She worried and felt bad, and when she was telling me this, Holy Spirit said, 'tell her to worship me' So I told her, she did and immediately she felt release and love. Holy Spirit told her he was dealing with the other person. the next day she heard from that person and everything was all right. What I am saying is worshipping is so much better than worrying. Your family is blessed...rest in the knowledge of the finished work of the cross... VICTORY! In the place of REST there is peace.

#5 Guest_WILHOME

Guest_WILHOME
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:11 PM

God Bless You for taking the time to share this with me. I am convicted in my heart to guard my tongue and praise more often. Thank you so much for this! Libby

#6 inHissteps

inHissteps

Prayer Warrior

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:34 PM

Libby, the conviction is not of sin, but of righteousness...Holy Spirit says that's not who you are anymore...

#7 patches

patches

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,852 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:38 PM

Our 21 year old daughter, Stephanie moved out today on bad terms. She is extremely immature and needs your prayers to help guide her cause she is not thinking clearly about her life. She also doesn’t plan to attend church anymore. Please pray for my sister, Katie who Stephanie will be living with as she will need all the wisdom from God that she can get. She doesn't have any children of her own.

Please pray for my husband, my other daughter and me as our hearts are really heavy right now. Today was the first time I've seen my husband cry in years.

Thank you for praying,

Libby

Father, I lift Libby, her husband and daughters to You in Jesus' Name. Give Libby and her husband specific promises to stand on during this time of difficult situations regarding their daughter Stephanie. Father, thank You that You have Godly Goals towards Stephanie. May Jesus Christ be formed in Stephanie (Gal 4:19). That Stephanie the seed of the righteous will be delivered from the evil one (Proverbs 11:21 and Matt 6:13). Thank You, Lord that Stehanie will be taught by You, and her peace will be great (Is. 54:13). O Holy Spirit, train this child to discern good from evil (Heb 5:14) and have "a good conscience toward God" (1 Peter 3:21). Father, please fill Stephanie with Your divine peace, love and joy. May God's laws will be in her mind and on her heart always (Heb 8:10). Thank You, Father. Loving Father, comfort Stephanie's parents and younger daughter. Remind them that Stephanie is protected and guided by the precious Blood of Jesus. Thank You, Father. I pray, Lord that Stephanie will choose companions who are wise not fools or those who are sexually immoral, drunkards, idolaters, slanderers or swindlers (Proverbs 13:20). Father, thank You for Your grace. May through Your grace that Stephanie will remain sexually pure and keep herself only for her spouse. Thank You, Lord for Your Spirit that will help this child to keep such a commitment. May Libby continue to praise You and believe that her daughter will return to the family with wisdom and understanding. O Father, I seek Your grace that this child Stephanie will honor her parents (Eph 6:1-3). Thank You, Lord for Your Holy Words. For Your Words are health to our flesh. Be with Katie, Lord. Give her wisdom to handle Stephanie according to Your Words. Use Katie to bring this child to Church, Lord. Father, on behalf of Libby and Katie, I invite the You, Lord, the King of Glory to come into the home of these families. Come forth and bring Your glory into these homes, Lord. Release Your blessing to these families, Father. Thank You, Lord. In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.

#8 mjac

mjac

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:55 AM

Thank you for praying,

Libby

Grace and peace Wilhome,
Your enemy, Satan, walks around like a roaring lion seeking those whom he may devour. Don't let this departure of your daughter give ammunition to the enemy. Don't allow the words that Stephanie spoke to you have any ill effect on you. In Jesus name, FAther we bind Stephanie to your will and purpose for her life. We loose, crush, smash and destroy every hard and harsh word spoken about Stephanie, to Stephanie and even by Stephanie. We bind her emotions to the steadying and balance of Holy Spirit who comforts her and counsels her.

I encourage you Wilhome, to worship God. Lay aside everything that you see with your physical eyes and your raw emotions, and worshp God. Spend 15 minutes or more worshipping Him for He is a good God. He is a mighty awesome God, He is a good God and He is good to you and your family! He is worthy and believe it or not, He will deal with your daughter. You have to believe it. Your husband also has to believe this. This situation did not take God by surprise and to sit and worry about it is the same as saying I don't trust God with my daughter. I know harsh, but think about it. Who knows her best? Ask Holy Spirit to comfort her and counsel her and you and your family worship God and leave Stephanie with Holy Spirit to deal with.

Here's the other part, condemnation and guilt will come upon you. Know that is NOT God, don't allow it in! Kick it out the door and worship God.

Blessed Father, in Jesus name, I thank you for this amazing godly family whom you love to the uttermost. Holy Spirit comfort each family member, I ask for peace be upon their heart and give them wise counsel on how to communicate with Stephanie. Let love and forgiveness be their choice and thank you that reconciliation and restoration is coming.
In Jesus name. Amen

Yes, I can attest to how the enemy will bring condemnation, guilt and worry to so overwhelm you that you can't think of anything else. The other day something happened that caused my mind and emotions to be so bombarded I couldn't think of anything else. I texted my sister, inhissteps, and she responded with "Holy Spirit said to worship Him." so that's what I did, and then I told Him what was bothering me, and He said that because I gave him what was bothering me, He would be able to deal with that person, and take care of it, and that sense of heaviness was lifted, and I didn't think of it again. Later that evening Holy Spirit showed Himself true, and he did deal with that situation. We have been learning how to have a relationship with Holy Spirit because He is God in the earth today, and it's been rewarding. There is an e-book at www.triumphministries.net where you can download the e-book...more like a journal of what you say to Holy Spirit and what He says to you. It's been exciting and I begin to realize what "rest" means.

#9 Guest_WILHOME

Guest_WILHOME
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:13 AM

I cannot begin to express how thankful I am for prayer warriors like you guys. Thank you so much for the wisdom you have shared. It is opening my eyes to areas I need to work on. I listened to Praise music last night and was singing along to it and it blessed me. I will continue to praise Him today. May God bless each of you for sharing with me. I know we live in a busy world but PrayWay friends are always so kind to take the time to give encouragement. Libby

#10 inHissteps

inHissteps

Prayer Warrior

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:23 AM

Libby, when you get the opportunity, worship God in your own way, without praise music. It's a whole new experience. Go to psalms and find scripture verses that extol Him and read them to Him. Perhaps He will even give you a tune to a particular scripture verse, that's what He does for me. He waits expectantly every day for us to go before Him and just worship To get up each morning rushing to meet our King in a face to face embrace, this God of love this God of grace! Oh, I can feel His love for you...He's rejoicing over you...loves you so much. Press into Him. Focus on Him. Give Him your daughter and what concerns you about her and then worship and get immersed in His love. Blessings to you beloved of God!

#11 Guest_WILHOME

Guest_WILHOME
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:30 AM

Thank you. I will do that. I'm so exhausted right now from not sleeping well at night. Not so much from worrying over my daughter as going through the time of life when a good night's sleep begins to be harder to come by. Exhaustion always makes it harder to deal with things. But I will praise Him like you said. I will do that. Libby

#12 inHissteps

inHissteps

Prayer Warrior

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:49 AM

Thank you. I will do that. I'm so exhausted right now from not sleeping well at night. Not so much from worrying over my daughter as going through the time of life when a good night's sleep begins to be harder to come by. Exhaustion always makes it harder to deal with things. But I will praise Him like you said. I will do that.

Libby

Grace and peace, Libby,
LOL...I say this in love, but each time I feel Holy Spirit to nudge me when you say contrary to the word of God, I will speak.
Having said that, another word about speaking. I am also going through that time of life and in scripture there are verses about God giving his beloved sweet sleep. That is His promise to us.
Psa 4:8 I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.
Pro 3:24 When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet.

In Psalms 103 it says,
He renews our youth as the eagles. i am just learning about his scripture verse. Thank Him for renewing your youth as the eagles.
I believe part of your exhaustion has been dealing with your daughter and this is the thing, everyone is at different levels in their walk with Christ. When we were going through the storms with our son, my husband leaned on me...but our strength, Libby comes from the Lord. When you are weak then He is strong. Thank you Father, though I feel weak, your words says that you strengthen me and I receive your strength. I refuse to speak contrary to your word, for your word is life and health to all my flesh.

In you Libby has been deposited the goodness and favor of God. The church has not told us that...so we struggle in life just as the world because we have not spent much time in the word and then we take as truths what we are taught through man. I did that and life was a struggle. But since beginning this walk with Holy Spirit who is our comforter and COUNSELOR, he teaches us, leads us and guides us into ALL TRUTH, my life is not a struggle, though there are storms i am going through, my peace is Jesus Christ. It has been a learning process, but to be able to REST when storms come is amazing.

Don't allow condemnation come upon you. There is therefore now NO condemnation to them who are in Christ Jesus.
Much love in Christ,
Joyce

#13 Guest_WILHOME

Guest_WILHOME
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:30 AM

Thank you Joyce. I really appreciate your wisdom that you have shared with me. It's such a blessing to have encouragement from others that have walked through the same thing and it's also comforting to know that God is in control and I can trust Him. He never fails. Libby

#14 sunnyisle

sunnyisle

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:57 AM

Libby, when you get the opportunity, worship God in your own way, without praise music. It's a whole new experience. Go to psalms and find scripture verses that extol Him and read them to Him. Perhaps He will even give you a tune to a particular scripture verse, that's what He does for me.
He waits expectantly every day for us to go before Him and just worship
To get up each morning rushing to meet our King in a face to face embrace, this God of love this God of grace!
Oh, I can feel His love for you...He's rejoicing over you...loves you so much. Press into Him. Focus on Him. Give Him your daughter and what concerns you about her and then worship and get immersed in His love.
Blessings to you beloved of God!

Amen.

#15 RenewedbyGOD

RenewedbyGOD

New Prayer Poster

• Members2
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:31 AM

I pray GOD works in your life and hers. I pray he gives you peave and understanding of his will and purpose for her life. I pray you find comfort in knowing GOD has his hands on the wheel. I Thank GOD in advance for the work he is doing and is going to do in her life and in yours. May you find peace and please keep your arms open and an open mind. Help her to see you love her unconditionally. GOD BLESS In Jesus name AMEN!!