16 replies to this topic

#1 mrsmy

mrsmy

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:39 PM

Jesus, I have been in this boat before. I know that I am controlling at times with my husband and that this drives him away. I ask Jesus that you please help me to communicate in love always to my husband. Help me to reach out to you and have faith that you will heal our hearts and our marriage. Please comfort me as my husband pushes away. Please bring me the words to communicate and tell me when to communicate. Help me to react lovingly to my husband. I ask that you draw close to my husband and help him to embrace you completely. Please turn his heart of ice into flesh and help him to again become a practicing Christian. Please help him to develop Christian relationships and give him accountability in his life. I know Jesus that everything happens in your time. Help me to be patient and please help my faith to endure during this period. I am hurting Jesus, and I know you are the only one that can fix me and my marriage. I pray that you place a hedge around my marriage, around my heart, around my husband's heart, and around our children. Please Jesus make our home a place where you live. I pray that Godly activities and prayer begin in our home. Help my husband to see you clearly. I pray that he will guide our family spiritually. Help me to listen to you and have a quiet spirit. Help me to witness to my husband by my actions. Help me to be thoughtful, kind, and not rude. Help me to give my husband his space and help me to have the faith to know that you are drawing near to him. I ask that you never give up on us! Please Jesus, please be our rock. Help us to build our foundation on you. I ask that you temper my anger and sadness. Heal my emotional wounds. Help me to hear you and respond to you always. Please give me the motivation to read your Word each day so I can build my faith and knowledge of you. I love you for being my Savior. Please show my husband a way back to you. In Your Name I Pray, Amen.

Edited by mrsmy, 24 February 2011 - 01:45 PM.

#2 dawna

dawna

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,482 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:11 PM

Jesus,

I have been in this boat before. I know that I am controlling at times with my husband and that this drives him away. I ask Jesus that you please help me to communicate in love always to my husband. Help me to reach out to you and have faith that you will heal our hearts and our marriage. Please comfort me as my husband pushes away. Please bring me the words to communicate and tell me when to communicate. Help me to react lovingly to my husband. I ask that you draw close to my husband and help him to embrace you completely. Please turn his heart of ice into flesh and help him to again become a practicing Christian. Please help him to develop Christian relationships and give him accountability in his life. I know Jesus that everything happens in your time. Help me to be patient and please help my faith to endure during this period. I am hurting Jesus, and I know you are the only one that can fix me and my marriage. I pray that you place a hedge around my marriage, around my heart, around my husband's heart, and around our children. Please Jesus make our home a place where you live. I pray that Godly activities and prayer begin in our home. Help my husband to see you clearly. I pray that he will guide our family spiritually. Help me to listen to you and have a quiet spirit. Help me to witness to my husband by my actions. Help me to be thoughtful, kind, and not rude. Help me to give my husband his space and help me to have the faith to know that you are drawing near to him. I ask that you never give up on us! Please Jesus, please be our rock. Help us to build our foundation on you. I ask that you temper my anger and sadness. Heal my emotional wounds. Help me to hear you and respond to you always. Please give me the motivation to read your Word each day so I can build my faith and knowledge of you. I love you for being my Savior. Please show my husband a way back to you.

In Your Name I Pray,

Amen.

Most Gracious Heavenly Father: I lift mrsmy up to You this afternoon. Father, work in this situation to bring a happy resolution to all her circumstances. Father, thank you that she has come to this site so we can pray for her. Father, thank you that she offers praise up to You and that she realizes all comes from You. Father, heal her heart, bring her contentment and rest. Give us all the right words to pray for her in the ways we can be of help and service. I plead the Blood of Jesus over this prayer. Amen

#3 jacob kallikoth

jacob kallikoth

jacob kallikoth

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:46 PM

Jesus,

I have been in this boat before. I know that I am controlling at times with my husband and that this drives him away. I ask Jesus that you please help me to communicate in love always to my husband. Help me to reach out to you and have faith that you will heal our hearts and our marriage. Please comfort me as my husband pushes away. Please bring me the words to communicate and tell me when to communicate. Help me to react lovingly to my husband. I ask that you draw close to my husband and help him to embrace you completely. Please turn his heart of ice into flesh and help him to again become a practicing Christian. Please help him to develop Christian relationships and give him accountability in his life. I know Jesus that everything happens in your time. Help me to be patient and please help my faith to endure during this period. I am hurting Jesus, and I know you are the only one that can fix me and my marriage. I pray that you place a hedge around my marriage, around my heart, around my husband's heart, and around our children. Please Jesus make our home a place where you live. I pray that Godly activities and prayer begin in our home. Help my husband to see you clearly. I pray that he will guide our family spiritually. Help me to listen to you and have a quiet spirit. Help me to witness to my husband by my actions. Help me to be thoughtful, kind, and not rude. Help me to give my husband his space and help me to have the faith to know that you are drawing near to him. I ask that you never give up on us! Please Jesus, please be our rock. Help us to build our foundation on you. I ask that you temper my anger and sadness. Heal my emotional wounds. Help me to hear you and respond to you always. Please give me the motivation to read your Word each day so I can build my faith and knowledge of you. I love you for being my Savior. Please show my husband a way back to you.

In Your Name I Pray,

Amen.

O LOrd, I pray along with Donna to have mental peace and be strenghthened in faith and be healthy in mind and spirit and body. ( 2 Cor.13:11 ... Aim for perfection, listen to my appeal, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you. ... Live in harmony and peace. ...) Encourage her by the Word. Amen

#4 Nessa

Nessa

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,087 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

Lord help this couple to realize their relationship in You. Help each to assume roles which are appropriate and to behave toward each other in supportive, loving ways. In Jesus Name. Amen

#5 charityanne

charityanne

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,857 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:54 AM

Heavenly Father I ask that You would intervene in this marriage and bring this marriage close together again. Help these two to fall in love as much as they were when they were first married, and help them both to serve you and live for You always, as serving You and living for You is the answer to everones problems. I ask this in Jesus name. Amen.

#6 inHissteps

inHissteps

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:26 AM

Jesus,

In Your Name I Pray,

Amen.

Grace and peace, Mrsmy!
About 16 years ago I prayed, "Lord change me into the wife my husband needs." You know what just came to mind was the children of Israel in the wilderness. God was with them all the time...and when it was time to take the land which God had given them, they balked and said, there's giants in the land! So they stayed in the wilderness for more years. God never left them, He was their constant companion but they would not listen to the command, go take the land and so they suffered and in their suffering they complained and grumbled...why is God allowing this to happen. God isn't letting this happen; they were. They were given directions, but because it was difficult and fear was great, they stayed until they finally decided to trust God.
I believe, we, as believers, born again, new creations, are still wandering in the wilderness because we have not taken God at His word. What does He say about you and your husband? Loved! Righteous! Beloved! Blessed! yet we continue to fight against the truth. What do you say about your husband? See him the way Jesus sees him. A believer full of the goodness and grace of God! When you see him that way (even if he isn't acting that way) your response to him will be different, it will be loving. Believe me I know, it works!
We are new creatures in Christ, but many are still wandering in the wilderness because it is hard to fight the negatives in life. It's hard to believe that what God says about us is true because for so long we've been told differently. Words are powerful, they create your environment. If we get up in the morning, thinking, "oh my God, another depressing day"...and then we speak it out of our mouth, more than likely our day will not be a blessed one because we bypass the blessing by speaking contrary to the word of God. We defeat ourselves and the victory that Christ won for us by speaking contrary to the word of God. We bypass so many blessings because we find it difficult to believe anything good about us or that God thinks anything good about us. Oh my God, I cussed! Lord forgive me and throughout the day we are repeatedly saying Lord, forgive me. That is condemnation and it comes from the accuser!
Mrsmy, look at your husband through the eyes of love, God's love. How does God see your husband? As a sinner that needs to be saved? You said he is saved...so he's already saved! I believe you both need to understand the new birth and what Jesus has done for you, for him. You struggle with control issues, hand them to Holy Spirit and let Him help you. Lord, baptize mrsmy and her husband with the Holy Spirit and power! Fire them up to serve you in love and grace poured out! Heaven is open to you, mrsmy! It's not closed! God is not mad at you! God is not mad at your husband! See yourself in Christ. Crucified with Christ, dead, buried and risen again with Christ Jesus. Anointed, blessed, greatly favored, deeply loved...that's who you are in Christ. You and your husband are the ones whom Jesus loves. Get out of the wilderness and take the promise land of blessings, grace abundant and freedom in Christ! IN Jesus name. Amen!

#7 mrsmy

mrsmy

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:01 AM

Jesus, Thank you for helping me find this site. Thank you for the prayers you have received for my marriage and my husband Daniel. Thank you Jesus for your healing and peace. Thank you for my church home group that is so supportive and non-judgmental. I pray Jesus that you give me the strength to endure this storm. Help me to continue to be humbled before Your throne allowing me to allow you to work in me. Please Jesus, reveal your plan to me. Help me to be anxiety free. Help me to say only what needs to be said. Take away my heartache and sadness. Help me to focus on you and all that you are. Thank you Jesus for blessing Daniel and I have in our beautiful children. I pray that we both can be living examples of You. Please show me Your will. Change my heart to want what you what. Bind the enemy from Daniel's life. Allow him to see your truth and accept it. Stop the drinking, the smoking, and the disrespect Daniel displays in his life. Stop my husband from seeking attention from other women. Destroy any relationships he may have created and bring his heart home. Help him to cope with his demons. Protect him Jesus; place a hedge around Daniel, my children, and our marriage. Help us to defend spiritual attacks and help my heart to stay soft and humble. Help me to stay the course and keep my faith in You. I know you want to draw me close. Here I am God!!! Use me, love me, comfort me, please don't ever leave me. Show Daniel that the life in You is so much better than the life he is living. Please Jesus shake him loose of the binds this world has on him. Please be with him in this time and always. May I be a wife that you are proud of. Thank you for being my Abba, my daddy. I love you Lord. In Your Name I Pray, Amen

#8 mjr

mjr

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:14 PM

Heavenly Father, I stand in agreement with this heartfelt and sincere prayer. Grant mrsmy her every wish, be with her, comfort her and give her strength to stand and wait while she prays fervently for her marriage and her family to be healed. In Jesus' name Amen

#9 rsturm1005

rsturm1005

New Prayer Poster

• Members2
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:14 PM

Heavenly Father, we come together two or more in the name of Jesus to pray for this marriage. May it be healed in every way. Amen. Russ

#10 Caryn Esther

Caryn Esther

Prayer Warrior

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:04 PM

Dear God, please turn the hearts where You will. Bring healing and love. Give her a true love for her husband no matter what he does. Please give him the same and take away any selfishness they may have. Give them true eyes and hearts to see Your face. Give them a desire to live. Give them insight as to how to live well. Help them to do it. I thank You for Your grace. Amen

#11 mrsmy

mrsmy

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:53 PM

Jesus, I praise your Holy Name! Many have prayed for my marriage and husband and I see You working!!! Thank you Lord Jesus for helping make our home a little less tense. Thank you Jesus for taking away my anxiety and for comforting me in this storm. I pray that my husband Daniel sees You and accepts you completely. Please change his heart through and through. Help him to be a Godly man and to stand up for you no matter the cost. I ask Lord God to please continue to be with me as I witness to my husband. Help me to continue to have a quiet spirit. Help me to continue to look inwardly and change my character flaws. Help me to accept my husband where he is at, and to not pass judgment. I give You all the control!!! I love you Lord so very much! Please continue to be with my family. In Your Name I Pray, Amen

#12 mrsmy

mrsmy

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:40 PM

Jesus, I praise Your Holy Name! Thank you for giving me the strength thus far to continue. Its hard sometimes when I see my husband not wanting to strive for you, but thank you for showing me that You are in charge. Help me as I go to counseling tonight. Help me to see my negative attributes and to make positive changes. Help me to continue to be a light for you in my marriage. Please give my husband a heart for you again. Help him to want ALL OF YOU! Help me to be a strong witness with a humbled and quiet spirit. I love you. Thank you for Your power and love. Thank you for your redemption. Please redeem my relationship with my husband and fill us both with your spirit. Thank you for giving me the motivation to read my bible. I know my faith will grow as I enter your Word. Please continue to hold me and never let me go. Help me to feel your presence always. Please change Daniel's heart and humble him too. Help him to realize You are the only thing worth living for. I know that if he turns to you, he will begin to change his life and feel more fulfilled. Thank you for your living water. Help me not to thirst for this world and always strive after you. In Your Name I Pray, Amen.

#13 mrsmy

mrsmy

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:13 AM

Jesus, I come to you acknowledging you are so BIG. I praise you for your power. I ask Lord for you to continue to work in me and through me. I know you are calling me to draw near to you. I know you are asking me to me patient. I'm too pushy... I rarely have the right words. Give me your eyes to see my husband. Give me your heart to love my husband. Give me compassion and empathy. Lastly Jesus give me strength for I am weary. I've carried this burden for so many years. I have experienced tour grace, love, and healing am am blessed by it. You have given me much and also always met me on my knees. I know you need my whole heart. I'm giving it to you. Everything I am to you. I need you. I need your healing in my marriage. Please touch my husband. Soften his heart. Give him a happy heart and a heart that seeks you first. Help him to see his selfishness. Help me to have a quiet spirit. I'm exhausted Lord. You are all that matters and yet the things of this world still get to me. Dry my tears Lord. Heal my heart and my husband's heart. He and I have endured much. Please help us to persevere. Give me the strength to carry on. Carry me so I can move. Comforter, Healer, Mighty One, Counselor, Abba, Father - I need you badly. My world is spinning. Please meet me where I am. Take my pain and replace it with strength and happiness and peace. Give me your peace that surpasses understanding. I pray that tomorrow is a better day. Give my husband a heart to start fresh and give me a sweet spirit. I'm drowning. Thank you for your mercy. Thank you for your grace. See me through this time. Heal my husband, love in his heart.

In your name I pray,
Amen

#14 mrsmy

mrsmy

Prayer Power Team

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:26 AM

Lord, I come to you knowing that you are so good. Jesus, thank you for your blessings. Thank you for your comfort. I thank you for my husband and ask that you continue to work in his heart. I pray that he makes you the center of his life. I ask that you please break through to my husband. Set him free from alcohol and depression. Help me to stay strong and close to you. I ask that you be everything to us both.

In your name I pray,
Amen

#15 Mike4Hope

Mike4Hope

PrayWay Community Elder

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,724 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 10:39 AM

I pray that you can reflect the Jesus that Daniel desperately needs....
In Jesus name I ask,
Amen